The Oversoul Ultimate Drafting Challenge Sorta

D

DarthFerret

Since we are still in the first round, and only one game has been played thus far, I vote to let me change it the way he would like to....(since he drafted the cards himself and had an idea on what he was doing...I assume)

L

Limited

I would not object to Melkor building his own deck.. Drafting seems the more important part of .. well.. drafting, so the decks will probably be pretty similar anyway.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
DarthFerret said:
Any word on the Spidey/Jiggly game?
I have no idea what's going on in my game. I figure as Oversoul's the administrator of this, he's in charge and will straighten things out :)

Melkor

Hey, don't worry about it, I'll play with the deck as is, I was only considering changing one card or so and I don't even know I want to change it now.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Limited/Melkor: I'll get you two started shortly.

Spiderman: Well, Jigglypuff hasn't been seen for just over a week. I didn't set up any time limits for this before, but for future reference I'd say a week without any sort of notification is a bit too long. I might be a bit spoiled though, since I live within probably five miles of three different public libraries, each of which has free internet (so does the school I go to, of course). So if my computer breaks down, I can notify people of this within a day easily. But I'm sure that there are other places on the planet where internet access isn't so stable...

I'm willing to give Jigglypuff longer if everyone else is okay with that. But since I should recognize the possibility that he won't be turning up anytime soon, I see two obvious choices. The first is to have Spiderman win his match by default and have Jigglypuff's second-round opponent get a bye if Jigglypuff still doesn't show up. The second is to give Spiderman a win in the current game and have someone else take over Jigglypuff's deck, playing one final game against Spidey to determine the outcome of the first round, and then continuing for the rest of the tournament. I have no partiality toward either, so any input on which is better or on a still better alternative would be appreciated...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Whatever gets this going. I'd like to play again... although my deck sux and I'll lose, but hey, I just wanna play.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oversoul: It's your draft so you make the rules :)

I don't care either way since I obviously have a stake in it. But probably I would send him a PM just in case he has email notification on so maybe he will see it and can at least log on and say what's up, if he can't play right away. If there's no reply by next Monday (or whatever time limit you want to put on it), he just forfeits and we move on to the next round.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman said:
Oversoul: It's your draft so you make the rules :)

I don't care either way since I obviously have a stake in it. But probably I would send him a PM just in case he has email notification on so maybe he will see it and can at least log on and say what's up, if he can't play right away. If there's no reply by next Monday (or whatever time limit you want to put on it), he just forfeits and we move on to the next round.
Sounds good.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
When I said "I would send him a PM" up there, I meant "you would send him a PM" since you're in charge :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Okay, so I guess I've been neglecting the non-Limited/Melkor games here (ya think? :eek:). Jigglypuff has clearly been absent for a while, so he loses. That ends all of the first round matches. Right now, Limited and Melkor are tied 1-1 in their second round match. The other second round matches, which can begin presently, are Spiderman vs. Mooseman and DarthFerret vs. Jigglypuff. Um, I guess DarthFerret gets a bye for now...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Since I was gone for a bit, I forgot to update this and send draws for Spiderman/Mooseman.

Anyway, Limited has beaten Melkor in a very close match. He is undefeated. The third round matchups will be determined after Spiderman/Mooseman is complete.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I thought I had a notepad document with the third round matchups, but I don't see it right now and I can't think because I'm too sick. I'll post it later today if I have time, which I doubt...