The "Let's Design a Set Together" Game

L

Limited

(BLUE) - 7

Alternative Reality - Submitted by Mooseman, tweaked by Limited and Ransac
1UU
Instant
Counter target creature spell. If a spell is countered this way put that card into play under your control instead of into its owner’s graveyard unless any player pays (2).

I still think this card is too good; I like the mechanic, but I should either be more expensive or you should be able to pay two life (so you don't have to have mana open, but that player can decide if you not having that creature is worth paying two life). Or change to paying 1 mana, which is a lot nicer :)

Blue Bounce Landcasted Card - Submitted by Turgy22
1UU
Instant
Return target permanent to its owner's hand.
Islandcast 1
Landcast X: You may remove X land cards in your hand from the game instead of paying this card's casting cost.

Excellent card. Templating:
"Islandcast 1. (You may remove a Island card from your hand from the game rather than pay BBLC’s mana cost)"

Capricious Efreet - submitted by Limited
1UU
Creature - Efreet
Flying
When ~ comes into play, put two cards from your hand on top of your library
3/3

Totally awesome. Best card ever! ZOMG! :p
The way it is worded now, if you play it when you're emptyhanded, it has no drawback. Is that acceptable? Should it have "or sacrifice ~"

Deep Cistern - Submitted by mooseman
3U
Enchantment
Whenever an opponent's draw is replaced, you may draw 2 cards and then put one card from your hand either on the top or bottom of your library.

A bit narrow. There are not a lot of cards that replace draws (Dredge, Words, Breathstealer Crypt and Plagiarize) so this card automatically becomes a combo with those cards, but doesn't do a whole lot more. Unless replacing draws becomes an important part of this set (like, when we keyword a mecha nic which replaces an opponents draw) I don't know what to do with this card.

Revered Djinn - Submitted by Limited
4U
Creature - Djinn
Flying
Whenever a creature blocks ~, it loses flying permanently
3/5

Should be "whevener a creature blocks or is blocked by ~, it loses flying permanently" so that you eventually eliminate all possible blockers. Or something.

Second Thoughts – Submitted by Zigathon
1U
Instant
Counter target spell, then shuffle it into its controller's library.
That spell's controller may draw a card.
Common

Nice! The name has gotta change though, because of Second Thoughts. Something like Leeway?

Switch - Submitted by Mooseman
X1U
Instant
Target player draws X cards, then puts X cards on top of their library in random order.

Only suggestion would be to change from "random" to "any" order.. (and perhaps add another U to the manacost).

Other colors to follow... :eek:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
(WHITE) - 5

Abandon The Search - Submitted by mooseman
2W
Enchantment
Whenever a card would be put in a player's graveyard from that players library, you may pay 2 and remove target card in that graveyard from the game.

This card seems a bit narrow and I am not sure it should be a white card (it seems to fit a milling/remove theme that says Dimir to me).
New wording? "Whenever a card would put in opponents' graveyard from that players' library, you pay (2). If you do, remove that card from the game"
Actually it's an anti-dredge, style card. It was made to be narrow and I like the target card part, so your not forced to decide on the one card being milled. This will really kill the dredge decks.

Limited said:
Bigger White Flying Bomb - Submitted by turgy22
2WW
Creature - Bird
Flying
Sacrifice ~: remove target attacking or blocking creature from the game.
2/3

Giant White Flying Bomb - Submitted by turgy22
5WW
Creature - Bird
Flying
Sacrifice ~: destroy all attacking or all blocking creatures.
4/5

Little White Flying Bomb - Submitted by turgy22
1W
Creature - Bird
Flying
Sacrifice ~ to deal 2 damage to target attacking or blocking creature.
1/1

I like this cycle, but I think they are just a bit too good at the moment. Each of them can just attack and kill its blocker, which (again) doesn't seem white. Perhaps would could change it from "attacking or blocking" to "blocked" creature? And do similar cycle in red with "blocking"?
You could change it to "attacking" or "blocked by", but since the creature has to be sacrificed, they are not "too" good. Maybe WR instead of just white.
Limited said:
White Prevention Landcasted Card - Submitted by Turgy22
1WW
Instant
Prevent the next 5 damage to target creature or player.
Plainscast 1
Landcast X: You may remove X land cards in your hand from the game instead of paying this card's casting cost.

Like this card (the whole cycle actually). Just wording and specified reminder text:
"Prevent the next 5 damage that would be dealt to target creature or player this turn.
Plainscast 1 (You may remove a Plains card from your hand from the game rather than pay WPLC’s mana cost.)"
Very good bit of editing.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
(BLUE) - 7

Blue Bounce Landcasted Card - Submitted by Turgy22
1UU
Instant
Return target permanent to its owner's hand.
Islandcast 1

Excellent card. Templating:
"Islandcast 1. (You may remove a Island card from your hand from the game rather than pay BBLC’s mana cost)"
not that I dislike the card, but isn't this just boomerang with different cost to make up for the landcast?

Limited said:
Capricious Efreet - submitted by Limited
1UU
Creature - Efreet
Flying
When ~ comes into play, put two cards from your hand on top of your library
3/3

Totally awesome. Best card ever! ZOMG! :p
The way it is worded now, if you play it when you're emptyhanded, it has no drawback. Is that acceptable? Should it have "or sacrifice ~"
Yes, this one needs some drawback.... The sac may be too drastic..... maybe "or return 3 tapped lands to your hand." or "~ comes into play with a -1/-1 counter for each card not put on top of your library".
Limited said:
Deep Cistern - Submitted by mooseman
3U
Enchantment
Whenever an opponent's draw is replaced, you may draw 2 cards and then put one card from your hand either on the top or bottom of your library.

A bit narrow. There are not a lot of cards that replace draws (Dredge, Words, Breathstealer Crypt and Plagiarize) so this card automatically becomes a combo with those cards, but doesn't do a whole lot more. Unless replacing draws becomes an important part of this set (like, when we keyword a mecha nic which replaces an opponents draw) I don't know what to do with this card.
Since this only works on your opponents draws, it is not a combo with dredge, but against dredge type decks.

Limited said:
Second Thoughts – Submitted by Zigathon
1U
Instant
Counter target spell, then shuffle it into its controller's library.
That spell's controller may draw a card.
Common

Nice! The name has gotta change though, because of Second Thoughts. Something like Leeway?
I would remove the draw card part and change the name, Its not as good a memory lapse and it costs more.

Limited said:
Switch - Submitted by Mooseman
X1U
Instant
Target player draws X cards, then puts X cards on top of their library in random order.

Only suggestion would be to change from "random" to "any" order.. (and perhaps add another U to the manacost).
Actually, I was thinking of changing it to ",then shuffles X cards into thier library."

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I've got two colors of my creature cycles done, but I've been swamped with school and can't sacrifice that much time to R&D. I'll jump back into this soon, though.

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

(BLACK) - 6

Awaken the Dead - Submitted by Ransac
1B
Instant
Return target creature from any graveyard to play under your control. Remove this creature from the game at end of turn.

Good card.. reminds me a bit too much of Footsteps of Goryo though..

Black Removal Landcasted Card - Submitted by Turgy22
1BB
Instant
Destroy target non-black creature.
Swampcast 1

Just templating
"Swampcast 1. (You may remove a Swamp card from your hand from the game rather than pay BRLC’s mana cost)"

Blood Drainer - Submitted by Ransac
3BB
Creature - Vampire
Flying
Whenever a creature is dealt combat damage by Blood Drainer, put a -1/-1 counter on that creature and a +1/+1 counter on Blood Drainer.
3/3

Love this card! Maybe we could even keyword this into Bleeding X (whenever any creature is dealt combat damage by this creature, put X -1/-1 counters on it and X +1/+1 counters on this creature).

Eww.. needs better wording.

Dark Caprice - Submitted by Oversoul
3BB
Instant
Put your hand on the bottom of your library and move any number of cards in your graveyard to your hand. You take 1 damage for each card put into your hand in this way.

Slight wording suggestion
"Put your hand on the bottom of your library in any order and return any number of cards from your graveyard to your hand. ~ deals one damage to you for each card returned in this way."

King Stirge – Submitted by mooseman
2BB
Creature – Bird Legend
1/2
Flying
Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player , put a +1/+1 counter on it, ~ becomes an aura that states "During upkeep of player last damaged by ~, that player loses 1 life . When player leaves game, ~ returns to play as a creature.

Still a bit too wordy for my taste, but fun card.

Stirge – Submitted by mooseman
1BB
Creature - Bird
1/2
Flying
Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a creature , put a +1/+1 counter on it, ~ becomes an aura with "enchant creature" that states "During upkeep of enchanted creatures controller, put a -1/-1 counter on enchanted creature . When creature ~ enchants leaves play, ~ returns to play as a creature.

Same here.. maybe more keywording is needed?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Limited said:
(BLACK) - 6
3BB
Creature - Vampire
Flying
Whenever a creature is dealt combat damage by Blood Drainer, put a -1/-1 counter on that creature and a +1/+1 counter on Blood Drainer.
3/3

Love this card! Maybe we could even keyword this into Bleeding X (whenever any creature is dealt combat damage by this creature, put X -1/-1 counters on it and X +1/+1 counters on this creature).

Eww.. needs better wording.

I like that idea. Bleeding has a nice ring to it. However, it seems that an ability like this would be exclusive to Black. With that in mind, does this exclusivity still warrant giving it it's own mechanic name?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Anti Counter spell II
X3WU
Sorcery
Remove X counters from each permanent.

Anti Counter spell I
X1WU
instant
Remove X counters from target permanent.

These may be too powerful or under costed...... or the wrong colors.......
Help...............

L

Limited

Hmm.. it seems the following card was missing from the overview:
Insane Black Creature 2BB
Creature - Ghoul
Fear
Swampcast 2
3/1

L

Limited

(RED) - 11

Capricious Giant - Submitted by Limited
1RR
Creature - Giant
Haste
When Capricious Giant comes into play, put a land you control on top of your library
3/3

As indicated with blue, we need to decide (vote?) on whether they should have an additional or alternative drawback.. Although I can hardly imagine not having lands..

Charging Mugroth - Submitted by Ransac
4RR
Creature - Mugroth
When Charging Mugroth comes into play, destroy target land
During your upkeep, if your opponent has 5 or more lands in his or her graveyard, you may sacrifice Charging Mugroth and search your library and hand for a Gigantical Mugroth and put it into play
4/3

Like I said before, a Land Destruction theme kinda scares me, but I've gotten used to this card :) and am beginning to think that its not as broken as I thought. Still the ability of putting a bigger creature into play is .. unsettling. First, wording:
"At the beginning of your upkeep, if any opponent has 5 or more land cards in his or her graveyard, you may sacrifice ~. If you do, you may search your library and hand for a card named Gigantical Mugroth and put it into play. If you do, shuffle your library."
Perhaps the sacrifice shouldn't be optional? You can't be able to keep it if any opponent has five or more landcards in his or her graveyard.

Explosive Goblin - Submitted by turgy22
1R
R: Sacrifice Explosive Goblin to have it deal damage equal to its power to target creature or player.
1/1

Simple, solid, useful. I like it.

Fire Maiden of Caprice - Submitted by Mooseman
1R
Creature - Fire Maiden
When Capricious Fire Maiden comes into play, put two cards from your hand on top of your library
0: Put a creature you control on top of owners library. Capricious Fire Maiden deals 1 damage to target creature or player
T: Put land you control on top of owners library. Destroy target land that is also a creature.
2/1

Once again, there is a lot going on on this card. I seem to detect a difference between Mooseman and myself when it comes to card design: I like simple cards which have small effects, so the versatility is determined while building a deck, while I get the feeling Moose wants the cards to be versatile on their own by having multiple abilities.
I think 'real' MTG cards use both of these, but I think the latter often tend to be rares (*disclaimer: not statistical study done, all results fictional*)

At least it needs to be reworded, because now it's a turn two kill.
"When Capricious Fire Maiden comes into play, put two cards from your hand on top of your library.
Put a creature you control on top of owners library: Capricious Fire Maiden deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
Put a land you control on top of owners library,T: Destroy target land if its also a creature."

Gigantical Mugroth - Submitted by Ransac
6RR
Creature - Mugroth
Trample
Whenever Gigantical Mugroth deals damage to an opponent, destroy target land.
6/5

Back to the land destruction. Maybe it should have trample? That way, it isn't such a threatening clock and forces the controller to put some effort into it.
Perhaps the entire cycle should be focussed around an opponent sacrificing a land, so you cant use it to create color-screw (and it has a more 'red' feeling to it)

Harpy of the Genju Forest – Submitted by DarthFerret
2RR
2/4
Flying
When Harpy of the Genju Forest is placed into any graveyard from play,
deal 1 damage to each creature without flying.

Flavorwise, I don't think a Harpy should be red. But thats probably just me.
Wording:
"When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, it deals 1 damage to each creature without flying"

Red Burn Landcasted Card - Submitted by Turgy22
1RR
Instant
~ deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
Mountaincast 1

Still liking the cycle, but I think this one is too good. Shock be the standard for red burn, perhaps it should deal 2 damage?

Switchblade - Submitted by Mooseman
R
Instant
Target creature’s toughness becomes halved (rounded up), or Target creature’s power becomes halved (rounded down).
Entwine 2

Love it. Would only consider also rounding down the toughness so it can kill a 1/1 creature.

Unrhystic Lightning - Submitted TheUglyKnight
R
Instant
Change the target of target activated ability, unless it's controller pays 2. If he/she does, deal 4 damage to target creature or player instead.

Four damage seems a bit much, but it still is a narrow card so it should be alright. The name has got to change, because of the existing Rhystic Lightning..
This card does give me an idea though: a main theme for the set could be lifetotals, like Saviors focussed on handsize. I see people playing this card on their own ability just to take the damage and then taking advantage of their new lower life total with some other card.
It would also imply a sort of seperation between White (all about gaining life) and the other colors who have all learned how to use their life for their own gain or something. Kinda like Torment where Black was singled out, we could focus on white and its interaction with the other colors? Or really seperate them and make 'very white' cards and have the other four colors mix and mingle (with off color kickers etc).
White VS the Rest..

Volatile Mugroth - Submitted by Ransac
2RR
Creature – Mugroth
Sacrifice: Destroy target land
Whenever a land goes to the graveyard from play, you may sacrifice Volatile Mugroth and search your library and hand for a Charging Mugroth card and put it into play
2/1

Same objections, but I'll just do the wording:
"Whenever a land is put into any graveyard, you may sacrifice ~. If you do, search you library and hand for a card named Charging Mugroth and put it into play. If you do, shuffle your library."

The Youngling Game – Submitted by Zigathon
2R
Instant
All creatures you control get +2/-1 until end of turn.
Draw a card.
"Last one to the bottom wins!" Norx shouted... then died.

Cute, subtle. Possible gives you a lot of additional damage, but you can't play to many small creatures (and you can't play more than one in one turn). It cantrips, but not without affecting your creatures.

(*Please let me know if you agree with new wordings, so we can start using them/ edit them*)

L

Limited

(GREEN) - 6

Bear Necessities – Submitted by evan d, edited by Limited
2G
Creature – Bear
2/3
If you control less than four lands, Bear Necessities gains "T: add GG to your manapool".

Obviously, it needs another name (if only because this is not a name for a creature). The land theme has been done (Prophecy) but I still like this card.

Capricious Wurm - Submitted by Limited
1GG
Creature - Giant
Trample
When Capricious Wurm comes into play, put two creatures you control on top of your library
4/4

This one 'always' has a drawback, because it is a creature. Jorael pointed out to me that, the way it is worded now, it has no drawback when you have no other creature. So, it should either be:
"Put a creature you control on top of owners' library"
or have that abililty twice, which is just ugly templating.
The question is, is putting one creature on top of your library enough of a drawback? Should it become 3/4?

Constant Gardner – Submitted by Limited
1GG
1/1
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay (1). If you do, return a basic landcard from your graveyard to your hand.

Also needs another name (but we'll get to that later).
I think its a bit lame now, only 'mildly' combo-enabling. As I said before, I don't want to turn this into something that enables stuff like Solitary Confinement. Perhaps:
"At the beginning of your upkeep, you may return a basic landcard from your graveyard to your hand unless any opponent pays 1 life"

Thoughts?

Grabaland – Submitted by TheUglyKnight
GG
Sorcery
Search your library for a basic land and put it into play tapped, if its a forest you may untap it.

Just wording:
"Search your library for a basic land and put it into play tapped. If its a forest you may untap it. Shuffle your library."

Green Pump Landcasted Card – Submitted by Turgy22
1GG
Instant
Target creature gets +3/+3 until the end of turn.
Forestcast 1

"Forestcast 1 (You may remove a Forest card from your hand from the game rather than pay WPLC’s mana cost.)"

Unrhystic Resonance - Submitted by TheUglyKnight
G - Instant
Destroy target enchantment unless its controller pays 1, if he does put a 2/2 bear creature token into play under your control.

I don't like the word 'Unrhystic'.. perhaps someone can come up with something to indicate this?
Wording:
"Destroy target enchantment unless its controller pays 1. If he or she does, put a 2/2 green Bear creature token into play."

L

Limited

(ARTIFACT) – 4

Brainsaw – Submitted by Zigathon
3 (Rare)
Artifact
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, Brainsaw deals 1 damage to him or her for each card in hand less than four.
If that player has no cards in hand, that player draws a card and Brainsaw deals 1 damage to him or her.

Reminds me a bit too much of the Rack, but its nice to see that its symmetrical. I wonder though if the second line with the card drawing (which reminds me of Mindstorm Crown) really ads anything.
Wording?
"At the beginning of each player's upkeep, Brainsaw deals X damage to that player, where X is the number of cards in his or her hand fewer than three."

Elemental Signet – Submitted by mooseman
Artifact
T: Add 1 colorless mana to your mana pool.
1: Add 1 mana of any color lands you control do not produce to your mana pool.

The second ability intrigues me.. it might just be totally broken (Urza Tron comes to mind) and it might just be mostly harmless (because you need to play colored-mana producing lands sometime)..

Gleaming Cube – Submitted by TheUglyKnight
Artifact
X : Look at the top X cards of your library
XX: Look at the top X cards of your library rearrange them in any order
XXX: draw X cards

Seems too much like a combo-enabler: the first two abilities let you find the combo pieces for infinite mana, the last lets you use that mana to find your kill condition.

Switch Plate - Submitted by Mooseman
Artifact - Equipment
Equip 0
Switch equipped creature's power and toughness.

Cute. Should have an Equipcost though, just so it doesn't turn into a Shuko. (enabling combo's an not use the switching ability)

(* I seem to have an aversion to combo's, so keep that in mind when reading my remarks :) *)

L

Limited

(GOLD) - 9

Fixed Swords to Plowshares – Submitted by Turgy22
BW
Instant
Remove target creature from the game. Gain life equal to its power.

Making it multicolored does makes it less suitable for several decks, but I think its still too good. I think its better than Mortify, and that is already in a lot of tourney decks (destroying Enchantments is good, but Remove instead of Destroy is big difference)

Moments Rest – submitted by mooseman
1WU
Enchanment
After attackers are declared, attacking player removes one attacking creature from combat.

Cute. I like it. Just another wording suggestion:
"Whenever a player attacks with one or more creatures, that player removes one attacking creature from combat."

Ragnarok – Submitted by Ransac
3WRB
Sorcery
Destroy all lands in play.Target player loses life equal to the number of lands destroyed in this manner.

I still think the second part is way to broken. In multiplayer, this translates to
"Destroy all lands in play. Kill the only player which has a chance against your creature horde". Something symmetrical (like a built-in Acidic Soil) would still be broken, but has a small chance of backfiring.
"Destroy all lands. Each player loses a life for each land put into that player's graveyard in this way."

The name rocks though. Perhaps the set should have a Viking theme (after Pirates, Samurai and Ninja's, its the next logical step)

Sengir Spider - Submitted by Turgy22
2GB
Creature - Vampire Spider
Sengir Spider may block as though it had flying.
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Sengir Spider this turn is put into a graveyard, put a +1/+1 counter on Sengir Spider.
2/4

Great. Perhaps it could be one of the cards with Bleeding? (If we decide to keyword that?)

Sienna Behemoth - Submitted by Oversoul
URG
4/4

Nice. If it were a 5/5 for URGB, it would fit the White vs the Rest nicely. But I m getting ahead of myself.

Switch ***** - Submitted by Mooseman
2UG
Enchantment
UU, T:put target creature on top of owners library, that player draws 2 cards.
1G, T: Search your library and graveyard for a basic land and put it into play, put target creature you control on top of owner’s library.

I think I said this before, but an enchantment with tap in an activation cost is kinda weird.
Next, the first ability is practically the same as "Return target creature to owner's hand. That player draws a card" (except it doesn't combo with Breathstealer's Crypt.
The second ability also seems a bit random. Also, its lacking the 'shuffle' clause which you have to include when searching a library.
For now, I'd like to call the card Switch Grove just so that we have a name to refer to it instead of *****

Switch Craft - Submitted by Mooseman
3UB
Instant
Switch target player’s graveyard and library. Each player then shuffles their library.

Feels more like a sorcery to me.. makes it less abusable.
And why does each player shuffle their library?

Switch Places - Submitted by Mooseman
2UW
Switch control of target attacking creature with control of one creature blocking target creature. Attacking creature becomes blocking creature and blocking creature becomes attacking creature. Return creatures switched by ~ to their owners hands at EOC.

Unfortunately, changing control of a creature removes it from combat. Next, I don't get why they are returned if they survive. What was the point in trading them in the first place if its 'reset' after combat?

I would suggest something like this:
"At end of combat, gain control of creatures blocked by target creature you control and target opponent gains control of that creature"
but its hardly the same card.

Switchback - Submitted by Mooseman
2GU
Sorcery
Search your library for up to two creature cards and put them into play tapped, put 2 target creature cards you control on top of their owners library.

Silly broken. If Tooth and Nail can be broken, this should be even easier. Them coming into play tapped isn't nearly enough of a drawback, since you'll be casting it about four turns earlier than T&N

I'm almost there...

L

Limited

(LAND) - 4

G/R/B CPA Triple Land - Submitted by Ransac
Land
Double-Tapped/Land-Echo: This land comes into play tapped and does not untap during your next untap phase.
T: Add G, R, or B to your mana pool

These lands seem very bad, but if they were to be a cycle of common lands it does provide color fixing.

W/U/R/B CPA Land - Submitted by mooseman
Land
~ comes into play tapped. When ~ comes into play, return a land card to your hand or sacrifice ~.
Land-Echo: During your next upkeep after this land comes under your control, return a land card to your hand or sacrifice it.
T: Add W and U, R, or B to your mana pool

This, also, is a huge loss of temp. But, for four colors, it might be worth it. I don't think we should put in both of these cycles, but as single cards they don't make a lot of sense to me. So, choices choices!

Land Of Dreams - Submitted by Zigathon
Land
T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Land of Dreams does not untap during your next untap phase.
Uncommon

Best casual colorfixing ever. Well, the not untapping is harsh, but I like it anyway.

The Whispering Wood – Submitted by DarthFerret
Land
The Whispering Wood comes into play tapped.
T: Add one colorless mana to your mana pool.
1T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
2T: Deal one damage to any target
3T: Add two mana of any one color to your mana pool
4T: Deal one damage to each creature without flying and each player
The magic around the enchanted forest was overpowering and unpredictable! - Gull the WoodCutter!

Limited said:
Seems like too much abilities for one card. Feels a lot like Staff of Domination
How about splitting this into to lands: one with mana-abilities and the other with damage abilities?

L

Limited

Mooseman said:
Limited said:
Abandon The Searchp - Submitted by mooseman
2W
Enchantment
Whenever a card would be put in a player's graveyard from that players library, you may pay 2 and remove target card in that graveyard from the game.

This card seems a bit narrow and I am not sure it should be a white card (it seems to fit a milling/remove theme that says Dimir to me).
New wording? "Whenever a card would put in opponents' graveyard from that players' library, you pay (2). If you do, remove that card from the game"
Actually it's an anti-dredge, style card. It was made to be narrow and I like the target card part, so your not forced to decide on the one card being milled. This will really kill the dredge decks.
I think the mana requirement will actually make it not so very effective against Dredge; if they Tolarion Winds and dredge everything, you'll be allowed to remove a lot of cards but won't have the mana to remove more than one.. if you sacrificed your turn and played nothing that is.
Next, it should have something function, either on its own or within this set.

Mooseman said:
Limited said:
Bigger White Flying Bomb - Submitted by turgy22
2WW
Creature - Bird
Flying
Sacrifice ~: remove target attacking or blocking creature from the game.
2/3

Giant White Flying Bomb - Submitted by turgy22
5WW
Creature - Bird
Flying
Sacrifice ~: destroy all attacking or all blocking creatures.
4/5

Little White Flying Bomb - Submitted by turgy22
1W
Creature - Bird
Flying
Sacrifice ~ to deal 2 damage to target attacking or blocking creature.
1/1

I like this cycle, but I think they are just a bit too good at the moment. Each of them can just attack and kill its blocker, which (again) doesn't seem white. Perhaps would could change it from "attacking or blocking" to "blocked" creature? And do similar cycle in red with "blocking"?
You could change it to "attacking" or "blocked by", but since the creature has to be sacrificed, they are not "too" good. Maybe WR instead of just white.
Perhaps not 'too' good, but very powerful. But I agree they feel more RW to me at the moment; we could make them RW or split up the abilities and also make a red cycle..

L

Limited

Ransac said:
Limited said:
3BB
Creature - Vampire
Flying
3/3

Eww.. needs better wording. I like that idea. Bleeding has a nice ring to it. However, it seems that an ability like this would be exclusive to Black. With that in mind, does this exclusivity still warrant giving it it's own mechanic name?
Yeah, the wording has me stumped. How do you refer to two creatures without using cardnames?

Oh wait, specific reminder text!
Bleeding X (whenever any creature is dealt combat damage by ~, put X -1/-1 counters on that creature and X +1/+1 counters on ~)

I don't think its bad if it were an black only keyword; just as long as it appears on enough cards (and perhaps on some multicolor cards).

Sickening Gnat 2BB
Creature - Insect
Flying
Bleeding 3 (whenever any creature is dealt combat damage by Sickening Gnat, put three -1/-1 counters on that creature and three +1/+1 counters on Sickening Gnat)
1/1

Or perhaps like this:
Bleeding X (whenever any creature blocks ~, put X -1/-1 counters on that creature and X +1/+1 counters on ~)

Sickening Gnat 2BB
Creature - Insect
Flying
Bleeding 3 (whenever any creature blocks Sickening Gnat, put three -1/-1 counters on that creature and three +1/+1 counters on Sickening Gnat)
0/1

L

Limited

Mooseman said:
Anti Counter spell II
X3WU
Sorcery

Anti Counter spell I
X1WU
instant

These may be too powerful or under costed...... or the wrong colors.......
Help...............
I really like the cards.. especially now that I'm pushing to keyword Bleeding :)
Defining which color this belongs to is kinda hard, because up till now we only have artifacts doing this. It kinda has a WG feel to it, because of reverting everything to its original form.. 'Demutation' sort of speak.
I would go as far as to say that they both might be over costed, but perhaps I'm missing some horrible way to abuse this ability.

L

Limited

Okay, that wasted a lot of my time

(Limited, taking control of threads since 1999)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
I really like the cards.. especially now that I'm pushing to keyword Bleeding :)
Defining which color this belongs to is kinda hard, because up till now we only have artifacts doing this. It kinda has a WG feel to it, because of reverting everything to its original form.. 'Demutation' sort of speak.
I would go as far as to say that they both might be over costed, but perhaps I'm missing some horrible way to abuse this ability.
I know this is not in this set, but........ Yes, I am weird......... white or green?

Switch Off II
X2 W/G
Sorcery

Switch Off I
X1 W/G
instant