The "Let's Design a Set Together" Game

turgy22

Nothing Special
Mooseman said:
Nope. I want this to apply to all players and not have to target.

Piss Boy
1WU
Enchanment
Whenever a creature attacks, remove an attacking creature from combat.

Since this would only trigger after attackers are delcared (and they are all declared at the same time), it would go on the stack after the declare attackers step and not target anything, so the choice would have to be made on resolution. That should nix most of the tricks to get around this.
Also, it would resolve before blockers are declared.
Question: Who decides which creature gets removed from combat? I assume it's the controller of the enchantment, but it's kind of a fuzzy card. I think targetting might clear things up, but I'm not great with the fine points of the rules.

Anyway, we need to get this ball rolling some more. Here's some random ideas:

Fixed Swords to Plowshares
BW
Instant
Remove target creature from the game. Gain life equal to its power.

Sengir Spider
2GB
Creature - Vampire Spider
Sengir Spider may block as though it had flying.
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Sengir Spider this turn is put into a graveyard, put a +1/+1 counter on Sengir Spider.
2/4

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Piss Boy
1WU
Enchanment
After attackers are declared , attacking player removes one attacking creature from combat.
Even the mightiest warrior's power is leaked and can only be restored in the room of rest

This was the original intent of the card, well that and some humor..... wow am I bad at that.......
Each combat, one attacking creature is removed from combat, chosen by the attacking player and that creature stays tapped.

Does this do what I intended to do? Is it any good at all?

Another tough wording card so I'll explain the intent first and then people can make template changes.

A creature that becomes an enchantment after it deals combat damage.
It will then deal 1 point of damage to that player or creature every up keep.
Would be nice if it returned to a creature after the player or creature dies......

Stirge
1BB
1/2
Whenever Stirge deals combat damage to a player , stirge becomes an aura that states "during upkeep of player, Stirge deals 1 point of damage to that player. If player life total becomes less than 1, Stirge returns to play as a creature with a +1/+1 counter on it."
Whenever Stirge deals combat damage to a creature , stirge becomes an aura that states "during upkeep of creatures controller, Stirge deals 1 point of damage to that creature . If creature is put into any graveyard, Stirge returns to play as a creature with a +1/+1 counter on it."

D

DarthFerret

Harpy of the Genju Forest
2RR
(2 1/2) / (3 1/2)
Flying

When Harpy of the Genju Forest is placed into any graveyard from play,
deal 1 damage to each creature without flying.

I like the idea of a 1/2 in the power and toughness because it creates a whole new realm of possibilities. It can defeat a 2/2 but gets killed by a 4/4. A 3/3 is just a bounce thing, but then so is a 3/4 (thus the higher mana cost). I think that this idea could catch on quickly once playtested....

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'm not too keen on the 1/2 idea for this set. It's an interesting concept (and I love Unhinged), but we're trying to make a serious set here. Adding concepts from a set like Unhinged or Unglued weakens it's seriousness.

ON the same page, I don't believe that the name "Piss Boy" is an appropriate choice for a card for this set. HOWEVER, neither are stampeding weasels WHICH I UNLEASH UPON YOU NOW!!!!!

*Ransac unleashes the first plague of Ransac. However, the Weasel Union has declared that the stampeding weasels are on their paid vacations.*

Damn Unions.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Piss Boy was a joke. If the card is good enough for the set, change the name. How about "Uphill Battle"? Or Capricious ground? Or Capricious troop movements?

Now where are those weasels???

I also don't like the idea of a 1/2 power, if you do that then you might as well have a Pi/e power (math geeks will understand this one).

D

DarthFerret

Very well, I withdraw my suggestion at this time replacing it with:

Harpy of the Genju Forest
2RR
2/4
Flying

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
~Neat Card Name #35~
3WRB
Sorcery
Destroy all lands in play.Target player loses life equal to the number of lands destroyed in this manner.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ransac said:
~Neat Card Name #35~
3WRB
Sorcery
Destroy all lands in play.Target player loses life equal to the number of lands destroyed in this manner.
Wow, broken multi-player card...... for only 6?

hehe..... I like it.......

Neat card Name #35 - Ragnarok

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I think it's a nicely balanced broken card. The ability is downright awesome, yet the casting cost justifies it. Sure, it's only six mana, but the 3 colors (none of which are green) balances it out. Plus, Armageddon costs 4.

And I really wasn't thinking of Multiplayer when making it. If I do, then cards such as Syphon Soul become awesome as well. It's all a matter of perspective.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Latest list of cards.

If I missed any please add.

(WHITE)

Bigger White Flying Bomb - Submitted by turgy22
2WW
Creature - Bird
Flying
Sacrifice ~ to remove target attacking or blocking creature from the game.
2/3

Giant White Flying Bomb - Submitted by turgy22
5WW
Creature - Bird
Flying
Sacrifice ~ to destroy all attacking or all blocking creatures.
4/5

Little White Flying Bomb - Submitted by turgy22
1W
Creature - Bird
Flying
Sacrifice ~ to deal 2 damage to target attacking or blocking creature.
1/1

(BLUE)

Alternative Reality - Submitted by Mooseman, tweaked by Limited and Ransac
1UU
Instant
Counter target creature spell. If a spell is countered this way put that card into play under your control instead of into its owner’s graveyard unless any player pays (2).

Capricious Efreet - submitted by Limited
1UU
Creature - Efreet
Flying
When ~ comes into play, put two cards from your hand on top of your library
3/3

Revered Djinn - Submitted by Limited
4U
Creature - Djinn
Flying
Whenever a creature blocks ~, it loses flying permanently
3/5

Switch - Submitted by Mooseman
X1U
Instant
Target player draws X cards, then puts X cards on top of their library in random order.

(BLACK)

Awaken the Dead - Submitted by Ransac
1B
Instant
Return target creature from any graveyard to play under your control. Remove this creature from the game at end of turn.

Blood Drainer - Submitted by Ransac
3BB
Creature - Vampire
Flying
Whenever a creature is dealt combat damage by Blood Drainer, put a -1/-1 counter on that creature and a +1/+1 counter on Blood Drainer.
3/3

Dark Caprice - Submitted by Oversoul
3BB
Instant
Put your hand on the bottom of your library and move any number of cards in your graveyard to your hand. You take 1 damage for each card put into your hand in this way.

(RED)

Capricious Fire Maiden - Submitted by Mooseman
1R
Creature - Fire Maiden
When Capricious Fire Maiden comes into play, put two cards from your hand on top of your library
0: Put a creature you control on top of owners library. Capricious Fire Maiden deals 1 damage to target creature or player
T: Put land you control on top of owners library. Destroy target land that is also a creature.
2/1

Capricious Giant - Submitted by Limited
1RR
Creature - Giant
Haste
When Capricious Giant comes into play, put a land you control on top of your library
3/3

Charging Mugroth - Submitted by Ransac
4RR
Creature - Mugroth
When Charging Mugroth comes into play, destroy target land
During your upkeep, if your opponent has 5 or more lands in his or her graveyard, you may sacrifice Charging Mugroth and search your library and hand for a Gigantical Mugroth and put it into play
4/3

Explosive Goblin - Submitted by turgy22
1R
R: Sacrifice Explosive Goblin to have it deal damage equal to its power to target creature or player.
1/1

Gigantical Mugroth - Submitted by Ransac
6RR
Creature - Mugroth
Trample
Whenever Gigantical Mugroth deals damage to an opponent, destroy target land.
6/5

Harpy of the Genju Forest – Submitted by DarthFerret
2RR
2/4
Flying

Switchblade - Submitted by Mooseman
R
Instant
Target creature’s toughness becomes halved (rounded up), or Target creature’s power becomes halved (rounded down).
Entwine 2

Unrhystic Lightning - Submitted TheUglyKnight
R
Instant
Change the target of target activated ability, unless it's controller pays 2. If he/she does, deal 4 damage to target creature or player instead.

Volatile Mugroth - Submitted by Ransac
2RR
Creature – Mugroth
Sacrifice: Destroy target land
Whenever a land goes to the graveyard from play, you may sacrifice Volatile Mugroth and search your library and hand for a Charging Mugroth card and put it into play
2/1

(GREEN)

Capricious Wurm - Submitted by Limited
1GG
Creature - Giant
Trample
When Capricious Wurm comes into play, put two creatures you control on top of your library
4/4

Unrhystic Resonance - Submitted by TheUglyKnight
G - Instant
Destroy target enchantment unless its controller pays 1, if he does put a 2/2 bear creature token into play under your control.

(ARTIFACT)

Switch Plate - Submitted by Mooseman
Equipment
0 equip
Creature Switch Plate is attached to has it’s power and toughness switched.

(GOLD)

Fixed Swords to Plowshares – Submitted by Turgy22
BW
Instant
Remove target creature from the game. Gain life equal to its power.

Moments Rest – submitted by mooseman
1WU
Enchanment
After attackers are declared , attacking player removes one attacking creature from combat.

Ragnarok – Submitted by Ransac (named by mooseman)
3WRB
Sorcery

Sengir Spider - Submitted by Turgy22
2GB
Creature - Vampire Spider
Sengir Spider may block as though it had flying.
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Sengir Spider this turn is put into a graveyard, put a +1/+1 counter on Sengir Spider.
2/4

Sienna Behemoth - Submitted by Oversoul
URG
4/4

Switch ***** - Submitted by Mooseman
2UG
Enchantment
UU, T:put target creature on top of owners library, that player draws 2 cards.
1G, T: Search your library and graveyard for a basic land and put it into play, put target creature you control on top of owner’s library.

Switch Craft - Submitted by Mooseman
3UB
Instant
Switch target player’s graveyard and library. Each player then shuffles their library.

Switch Places - Submitted by Mooseman
2UW
Switch control of target attacking creature with control of one creature blocking target creature. Attacking creature becomes blocking creature and blocking creature becomes attacking creature. Return creatures switched by ~ to their owners hands at EOC.

Switchback - Submitted by Mooseman
2GU
Sorcery
Search your library for up to two creature cards and put them into play tapped, put 2 target creature cards you control on top of their owners library.

(LAND)

~G/R/B CPA Triple Land~ - Submitted by Ransac
Land
~Double-Tapped/Land-Echo~: This land comes into play tapped and does not untap during your next untap phase.
T: Add G, R, or B to your mana pool

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Before anybody suggests anymore cards, I'd like to offer my critiques on some cards. Some of these I've stated before, some not. Most of them are name critiques.

Capricious Fire Maiden - Needs a new name to not confuse with the cycle that's being made.

The White Flying Bombs - Need more creative names

Harpy of the Genju Forest - Needs a new name to not conflict with other cards. The Genju from previous sets are enchantments and fit with the Kamigawa cycle.

Switch Plate - Rework awkward wording.

Sengir Spider - Not a suggestion, just a point. Cheesy name...... but I like it. What I don't like is referencing old cards in card names. :D

Fixed Swords to Plowshares - Needs a new name for same complaint as Sengir Spider.

~G/R/B CPA Triple Land~ - Needs a name, and a completed cycle.

Ransac, cpa trash man

turgy22

Nothing Special
Ransac: My original intent was that we'd do this similar to the way R&D does it. Or at least the impression I get about how it's done. First, they make a set of cards, then they playtest it and try to balance it out, then they go back and fill in all the flavor stuff once all the cards are determined. I don't mind if we do the flavor on the fly, but I just want to warn you that I'm going to continue submitting "playtest names" for all my cards (as in the first name I think of that sort of fits the card.)

That said, I have an idea for a new, potentially very broken mechanic:
Landcast X: You may remove X land cards in your hand from the game instead of paying this card's casting cost.

Some examples:
Black Removal Landcasted Card
1BB
Instant
Destroy target non-black creature.
Swampcast 1

Red Burn Landcasted Card
1RR
Instant
~ deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
Mountaincast 1

White Prevention Landcasted Card
1WW
Instant
Prevent the next 5 damage to target creature or player.
Plainscast 1

Green Pump Landcasted Card
1GG
Instant
Target creature gets +3/+3 until the end of turn.
Forestcast 1

Blue Bounce Landcasted Card
1UU
Instant
Return target permanent to its owner's hand.
Islandcast 1

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ransac said:
Before anybody suggests anymore cards, I'd like to offer my critiques on some cards. Some of these I've stated before, some not. Most of them are name critiques.
Don't sweat the names for now, they'll get fixed once all the cards are set.
Now, we need some utility creatures and spells.

Question:
Could your triple land just CIPT and bounce a land?

OR

EX:
W/U/R/B CPA Land~ - Submitted by mooseman
Land
~ comes into play tapped. When ~ comes into play, return a land card to your hand or sacrifice ~.
Land-Echo: During your next upkeep after this land comes under your control, return a land card to your hand or sacrifice it.

T: Add W and U, R, or B to your mana pool

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
With that in mind, SILLY NAMES GALORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like that concept. BUT, this means we MUST be patient and not grow tired of this.

Additionally, does this mean that we are going to be suggesting more cards than we intend to use?

I'll design more of those "evolving" creatures, as we only have that one cycle for red. PLUS, I'll throw out some suggestions for new mechanics.

That's an interesting concept for the Land cycle, Mooseman. I haven't considered a land that can produce 4 different colors of mana. My only critique on that is it kinda diminishes the significance of lands that tap for any color. But, perhaps that's what we'll want.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ransac said:
I like that concept. BUT, this means we MUST be patient and not grow tired of this.
Not really, it allows people to suggest cards and names without adhering to any set structure. Maybe someone will create a really cool name like the switch cards (ow, my arm hurts, patting oneself on the back is hard work... and dangerous)
Ransac said:
Additionally, does this mean that we are going to be suggesting more cards than we intend to use?
Yes, I don't expect all the cards I suggest to make the cut, but I hope some do.

Ransac said:
I'll design more of those "evolving" creatures, as we only have that one cycle for red. PLUS, I'll throw out some suggestions for new mechanics.
Please continue, I think that inspires other to keep submitting ideas. That's why I started.

Ransac said:
That's an interesting concept for the Land cycle, Mooseman. I haven't considered a land that can produce 4 different colors of mana. My only critique on that is it kinda diminishes the significance of lands that tap for any color. But, perhaps that's what we'll want.
It produces a W and one of the other 3 colors, so it limits your choices.
The Land Echo is cool, but staying tapped for 2 turns was too much. I hope my suggestion has merit.

T

TheUglyKnight

Grabaland
GG-Sorcery
Search your library for a basic land and put it into play tapped, if its a forrest you may untap it.

L

Limited

To go with landcast:

Constant Gardner 1GG
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay (1). If you do, return a basic landcard from your graveyard to your hand.
1/1

E

evan d

alternating realities UUUX
enchantments
everything has phasing including players

All permanents have phasing.

bear variation
creature-bear
2G

2/3 tap for g

You there must be one

Newgrounds

Instant
GGG
sreach your library for 2 forests and put them into play untapped

if GGGG, 3 forests or 2 forests and draw a card...
Flashing of the games, and drawing traffic to newground.com