The "Let's Design a Set Together" Game

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Sorry. Didn't see the Tap "T" there. Having an enchantment that you tap, though. Hmm...

Limited: Damn you, your damned observational skills, and those meddling kids!!!!!! :p

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
No! That could be a nice new quirk that we add to the set.

Just a re-cap on all of the cards so far.

(WHITE)

Bigger White Flying Bomb - Submitted by turgy22
2WW
Creature - Bird
Flying
Sacrifice ~ to remove target attacking or blocking creature from the game.
2/3

Giant White Flying Bomb - Submitted by turgy22
5WW
Creature - Bird
Flying
Sacrifice ~ to destroy all attacking or all blocking creatures.
4/5

Little White Flying Bomb - Submitted by turgy22
1W
Creature - Bird
Flying
Sacrifice ~ to deal 2 damage to target attacking or blocking creature.
1/1

(BLUE)

Alternative Reality - Submitted by Mooseman, tweaked by Limited and Ransac
1UU
Instant
Counter target creature spell. If a spell is countered this way put that card into play under your control instead of into its owner’s graveyard unless any player pays (2).

Capricious Efreet - submitted by Limited
1UU
Creature - Efreet
Flying
When ~ comes into play, put two cards from your hand on top of your library
3/3

Revered Djinn - Submitted by Limited
4U
Creature - Djinn
Flying
Whenever a creature blocks ~, it loses flying permanently
3/5

Switch - Submitted by Mooseman
X1U
Instant
Target player draws X cards, then puts X cards on top of their library in random order.

(BLACK)

Awaken the Dead - Submitted by Ransac
1B
Instant
Return target creature from any graveyard to play under your control. Remove this creature from the game at end of turn.

Blood Drainer - Submitted by Ransac
3BB
Creature - Vampire
Flying
Whenever a creature is dealt combat damage by Blood Drainer, put a -1/-1 counter on that creature and a +1/+1 counter on Blood Drainer.
3/3

Dark Caprice - Submitted by Oversoul
3BB
Instant
Put your hand on the bottom of your library and move any number of cards in your graveyard to your hand. You take 1 damage for each card put into your hand in this way.

(RED)

Capricious Fire Maiden - Submitted by Mooseman
1R
Creature - Fire Maiden
When Capricious Fire Maiden comes into play, put two cards from your hand on top of your library
0: Put a creature you control on top of owners library. Capricious Fire Maiden deals 1 damage to target creature or player
T: Put land you control on top of owners library. Destroy target land that is also a creature.
2/1

Capricious Giant - Submitted by Limited
1RR
Creature - Giant
Haste
When Capricious Giant comes into play, put a land you control on top of your library
3/3

Charging Mugroth - Submitted by Ransac
4RR
Creature - Mugroth
When Charging Mugroth comes into play, destroy target land
During your upkeep, if your opponent has 5 or more lands in his or her graveyard, you may sacrifice Charging Mugroth and search your library and hand for a Gigantical Mugroth and put it into play
4/3

Explosive Goblin - Submitted by turgy22
1R
R: Sacrifice Explosive Goblin to have it deal damage equal to its power to target creature or player.
1/1

Gigantical Mugroth - Submitted by Ransac
6RR
Creature - Mugroth
Trample
Whenever Gigantical Mugroth deals damage to an opponent, destroy target land.
6/5

Switchblade - Submitted by Mooseman
R
Instant
Target creature’s toughness becomes halved (rounded up), or Target creature’s power becomes halved (rounded down).
Entwine 2

Unrhystic Lightning - Submitted TheUglyKnight
R
Instant
Change the target of target activated ability, unless it's controller pays 2. If he/she does, deal 4 damage to target creature or player instead.

Volatile Mugroth - Submitted by Ransac
2RR
Creature – Mugroth
Sacrifice: Destroy target land
Whenever a land goes to the graveyard from play, you may sacrifice Volatile Mugroth and search your library and hand for a Charging Mugroth card and put it into play
2/1

(GREEN)

Capricious Wurm - Submitted by Limited
1GG
Creature - Giant
Trample
When Capricious Wurm comes into play, put two creatures you control on top of your library
4/4

Unrhystic Resonance - Submitted by TheUglyKnight
G - Instant
Destroy target enchantment unless its controller pays 1, if he does put a 2/2 bear creature token into play under your control.

(ARTIFACT)

Switch Plate - Submitted by Mooseman
Equipment
0 equip
Creature Switch Plate is attached to has it’s power and toughness switched.

(GOLD)
Sienna Behemoth - Submitted by Oversoul
URG
4/4

Switch ***** - Submitted by Mooseman
2UG
Enchantment
UU, T:put target creature on top of owners library, that player draws 2 cards.
1G, T: Search your library and graveyard for a basic land and put it into play, put target creature you control on top of owner’s library.

Switch Craft - Submitted by Mooseman
3UB
Instant
Switch target player’s graveyard and library. Each player then shuffles their library.

Switch Places - Submitted by Mooseman
2UW
Switch control of target attacking creature with control of one creature blocking target creature. Attacking creature becomes blocking creature and blocking creature becomes attacking creature. Return creatures switched by ~ to their owners hands at EOC.

Switchback - Submitted by Mooseman
2GU
Sorcery
Search your library for up to two creature cards and put them into play tapped, put 2 target creature cards you control on top of their owners library.

(LAND)

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
OKAY! Now that I've gone and filtered through all of that, I'd like to inquire about the "Capricious" theme that was started. It seemed that it was going to be 1XX casting costs and relatively decent sized-creatures. The Capricious Fire Maiden seems to skew this theme, plus it makes two Capricious's in the color red. Perhaps we can rename this or tweak it (in another color) to fit with the other ones?

Ransac, cpa trash man

NOTE: I realize this is "double-posting" but I just wanted to seperate this concern from the set list.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ransac said:
OKAY! Now that I've gone and filtered through all of that, I'd like to inquire about the "Capricious" theme that was started. It seemed that it was going to be 1XX casting costs and relatively decent sized-creatures. The Capricious Fire Maiden seems to skew this theme, plus it makes two Capricious's in the color red. Perhaps we can rename this or tweak it (in another color) to fit with the other ones?
Feel free to suggest changes. Most of the stuff I posted, are quick thoughts, not set in stone stuff.
BTW - The Switch***** is just because I couldn't think of a good name for it.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Mooseman said:
BTW - The Switch***** is just because I couldn't think of a good name for it.
I gathered that. I'm just too lazy to think of another name right now.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'm gonna offer a suggestion for the multi-colored lands for this set.

~G/R/B CPA Triple Land~
Land
~Double-Tapped/Land-Echo~: This land comes into play tapped and does not untap during your next untap phase.
T: Add G, R, or B to your mana pool

Something along this line is what I'm thinking. It'll slow the set down, right now. Opinions?

Ransac, cpa trash man

D

DarthFerret

I am going to have to join with spidey on this one. I am horrible at making serious cards. Most of mine are parodies. So I will bow out myself.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Don't give up so easily.

Piss Boy
1WU
Enchanment
After each player has declared attackers, one attacking creature is removed from combat.
Even the mightiest warrior's power is leaked and can only be restored in the room of rest

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Mooseman said:
Don't give up so easily.

Piss Boy
1WU
Enchanment
After each player has declared attackers, one attacking creature is removed from combat.
Even the mightiest warrior's power is leaked and can only be restored in the room of rest
Might I once again re-word?

Piss Boy
1WU
Enchanment
During each combat phase, untap and remove one attacking creature from combat.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ransac said:
Might I once again re-word?

Piss Boy
1WU
Enchanment
During each combat phase, untap and remove one attacking creature from combat.

Ransac, cpa trash man
Remove the untap

Piss Boy
1WU
Enchanment
During each combat phase, remove one attacking creature from combat.

Btw - this is the name of a card in Guillotine from WoTC....... and it was meant as a joke....... hmmmm... maybe I'm not a funny as I thought......

L

Limited

Piss Boy
1WU
Enchanment
Whenever any creature attacks, remove target attacking creature from combat.

Guillotine is a great game.. Great art too!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Limited: I don't think that was the point of the card. I believe he only wanted to remove one attacking creature from each combat phase. The way yours is worded, any attacking creature gets removed.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ransac said:
Limited: I don't think that was the point of the card. I believe he only wanted to remove one attacking creature from each combat phase. The way yours is worded, any attacking creature gets removed.

Ransac, cpa trash man
True, I was thinking that it would force players to attack with more than one creature each attack and the removed from combat creature would stay tapped. And without targeting.

Guillotine is a great game with lots of humor.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I knew that all too well. I used to pay Guillotine all the time..... when I had people that like to play it.

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

I'll try again:

Piss Boy
1WU
Enchanment
Whenever any number of creatures attacks, you may remove target attacking creature from combat.

I just felt it had to include the word 'target' instead of 'one'

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
I'll try again:

Piss Boy
1WU
Enchanment
Whenever any number of creatures attacks, you may remove target attacking creature from combat.

I just felt it had to include the word 'target' instead of 'one'
Nope. I want this to apply to all players and not have to target.

Piss Boy
1WU
Enchanment
Whenever a creature attacks, remove an attacking creature from combat.

Since this would only trigger after attackers are delcared (and they are all declared at the same time), it would go on the stack after the declare attackers step and not target anything, so the choice would have to be made on resolution. That should nix most of the tricks to get around this.
Also, it would resolve before blockers are declared.