Subterfuge; New Cards

F

FoundationOfRancor

Im going to comment on alot of cards later tonight, I just had a brainstorm though. (BTW Jake, about Shadow Ghost, I didnt intentionally copy you, Ive been thinking about a ghost form like that for a long time. Im gonna change it now)

Split -Uncommon
2G
Sorcery/Instant
Destroy target creature. Put a saproling token into play wiht power and toughness equal to that creatures toughness, and another saproling token into play with power and toughness equal to that creatures power into play under the control of the owner of the sacrificed creature.

Obviously needs wording help.

Shadow Ghost (Beta)
2BB
Creature -Ghost
When Shadow Ghost comes into play, remove a creature card you control in the graveyard from the game.
Shadow Ghost has power equal to the removed creatures power and toughness equal to the removed creatures toughness.
Shadow Ghost is unblockable.
*/*

J

Jake74

Split -Uncommon
Looks like it needs to be an instant... save your creature for two more...

Shadow Ghost (Beta)
I like it better this way actually... and I was joking about the stealing thing (maybe)

D

Duster

holy crap, I'm posting a couple new cards!

Mask of Sorrow UB
Enchant Creature

As ~this~ is played, choose target creature in any graveyard.
Enchanted creature loses all abilities and becomes a copy of the chosen creature.
Enchanted creature's power and toughness are equal the chosen creature's power and toughness.

Goblin Mud Runner R
Creature - Goblin

Haste
If ~this~ attacks and is not blocked, ~this~ deals no damage in combat this turn.
0: Deal 1 damage to target player. Play this ability only if ~this~ attacks and is not blocked and only once per turn.

2/1

Terra-Elf G
Creature - Elf

If ~this~ attacks and is not blocked, you may choose to untap all lands you control.

1/1

F

FoundationOfRancor

Fallen Lieutenant
Agreed, the R activation is better anyway.

Kurnau Flame
4 mana, 3 of which or colored, seems pretty decent for the ability.

Discord
Like Jake said, 2 damage....also, I think the name is taken.

Wooden Steed
I love it! It should have been in PY!

Ancient Battlegrounds
I like it!

Diamond Mine
This I dont like, its way to easy to break. 2 damage would be better, but I would actually prefer 4.

Jake74
Im glad you like the new version of Shadow Ghost...I figured you were joking, but I just didnt feel right about it:)
If split is an instant it should cost 2GG or 3G. Probablly 2GG.

Mask of Sorrow
I like it...at first I thought it was too pwerful, but its made up of the two most vunerable permanents in the game. Creatures and creature enchantments. I think its good.

Goblin Mud Runner
Confusing...so this is a 2/1 wall or a 1/1 haster?
Hmmm....

Terra-Elf
Looks ok to me!

C

Captain Caveman

I'm a little confused..........

What did I miss about Diamond Mine? Why is it so powerful?
It deals damage to one of your/my creatures then you add
one mana. Tap, choose a creature you contol: is a cost.

I'm surprised you liked Wooden Steed. I thought it would be
to strong.

Caveman

F

FoundationOfRancor

Caveman:

Turn 1: Forest, Wall of Wood
Turn 2: The Mine, free multiland.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Ash Spider -Uncommon
4G
Creature -Spider
Ash Spider may block as though it had flying.
Whenever any player plays a creature with flying, put three +0+1 counters on Ash Spider.
3/3

Bone Helm -Rare
3BB
Enchant Creature
Whenever a spell would cause you to return a card from your graveyard to your hand or from your graveyard to play, you may return a creature from any graveyard into play under your control.

Tweaked Abomination -Common/Uncommon/Rare
3B
Creature -Zombie
Whenever you draw a card, return Tweaked Abomination to the top of your library.
Trample.
5/4

Cleanse -Uncommon/Rare
2W
Sorcery/Instant
Remove target black permanent from the game.

Steel Walls -Rare
Artifact
You may play Steel Walls as an Instant. If you do, it costs 2 less to play and you must sacrifice it at the end of your turn.
Creatures you control get +2+2

L

Landkiller

Frost Giant 3UR
Creature - Giant
Lands do not untap while Frost Giant is tapped. Frost Giant untaps at the beginning of your upkeep instead of your untap step.
3/4

Living Mansion UG
Enchant Land
Gain control of Enchanted land. "This house relocates wherever it wants to"

Trollking 3GB
Creature - Troll
Whenever this attacks and is not blocked, defending player reveals his or her hand and removes a creature card from the game.
G : Regenerate Trollking.
3BB, T : Target creature removed from the game by Trollking is put into play under your control. Play this ability as a sorcery.
4/3

Dragonpriest 1WR
Creature - Cleric
Dragons cost 1 less to play.
T : All Dragons are +2+2 until end of turn.
1 : Dragonpriest gains protection from Dragons until end of turn.
2/1

Undead Paladin 2WB
Creature - Skeleton Knight
First Strike
W : Undead Paladin gains protection from red and black until end of turn.
1BB : Target creature cannot be blocked except by black or artifact creatures.
3/3

Dragonhoard Runeaxe 1RR
Enchant Creature
If a Dragon is in play, you cannot play Dragonhoard Runeaxe.
Enchanted Creature gains First Strike and +3+3.

Enscribed Memorial BBB
Enchant Artifact
Lose half your life when Enscribed Memorial comes into play.
Whenever a card is put into a graveyard from play, you may read that card's name aloud. If you do, that card is removed from the game, and you draw a card.

Druid Circle GGG
Enchant Land
Whenever another land comes into play, if enchanted land is untapped, draw a card. Whenever another land is enchanted, draw a card and untap enchanted land.

Tactical Error 1WW
Enchant Enchantment
Play only on an enchantment you do not control.
Only Soldier creatures can block. Soldiers can block up to three creatures. Enchanted Enchantment gains "1, Discard a card : Sacrifice this enchantment."

Architect's Blueprints 2U
Enchantment
1 : Search your library for a Wall, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your library. Any player may play this ability.

Blood Drain XB
Sorcery
Deal X damage to target creature. If that creature is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game. If X is 3 or more, choose one : put two +1+1 counters on target Vampire, or gain 2 life.

Vampire's Will UB
Instant
Target creature must attack if able. If the target creature is blocked this turn, destroy it. If you control a Vampire during your upkeep while Vampire's Will is in your graveyard, you may pay 2 life to return Vampire's Will to your hand.

Goblin Politics XR
Sorcery
Each player sacrifices X lands. X can be no greater than 1 plus the number of Goblins in play.

Goblin Undercity RB
Instant
Target creature is unblockable until end of turn, and if that creature deals combat damage to a player, that player discards a card at random. If you control a Goblin and Goblin Undercity is in your graveyard, you may discard a card to return Goblin Undercity to your hand.

Elven Dance XG
Instant
All lands become X/X creatures. X must be at least 2, but may not be greater than the number of Elves in play.

Elven Sorcery GR
Instant
Target attacking creature deals no combat damage this turn. If you play an Elf, and Elven Sorcery is in your graveyard, return Elven Sorcery to your hand.

Heavenly Guardians XW
Instant
Put X white creature cards from your hand into play, if at least one is an Angel. At the end of the turn, return all creatures put into play in this way to your hand.

Angel's Call WG
Instant
If a creature would be put into any graveyard this turn, instead return that creature to it's owner's hand. During your upkeep, if you control an Angel, you may tap an Angel to return Angel's Call to your hand.

Masterful Sorcery XU
Instant
Draw X cards, and an additional card for each Wizard you control. Discard X cards.

Wizard's Illusions UW
Instant
If a spell targets you this turn, counter it. At the end of any turn, if Wizard's Illusions is in your graveyard, and you control a Wizard, you may skip your next untap step to return Wizard's Illusions to your hand.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Yo all!
Ive been looking through the card lists, and an old card of mine, Americiana (Really bad name), I think she be changed to Guerilla Warfare.
Anyway:

Frost Giant
I think this can be a 4/4. This also seems more like a Blue-White, than a Blue-Red.

Living Mansion
Hmmm..its two unallied colors, and its an enchantment that can be destroyed easily. This *might* be ok, but think 1BG would be more balanced.

Trollking
Arent trolls red? And why is this one a king? I really like the card, but I dont understand why its a black-green troll. It should be 3/3.

Dragonpriest
"T: All dragons get +1+1 untill end of turn." it should be. If thats not cool, you should lower the p/t to either 1/1 or 0/1.
I think it should be 2WR, and keep all of its abilites....I dunno though, what do you think?

Undead Paladin
Looks good, but should be 3/2.

Dragonhoard Runeaxe
The cc should cost either RRR or 3R.

Enscribed Memorial
Should cost 2BB, lose the life loss, and lose the read out loud part. We should compare this to Feduncity from Urza's Saga.

Druid Circle
I like it! A perfect fit into a Enchantress deck!

Tactical Error
Looks pretty good to me....

Architect's Blueprints
This card rocks! I love it! If you wanna keep the any player thing, it should cost 1U. If not, then 2U is fine.

Blood Drain
1BX.
And to make it better fit into black (And avoide regeneration), you could make it "Target creature gets -0/-X untill end of turn...."

Goblin Politics
This is cool, it even works pretty well with no goblins.

Goblin Undercity
This should be 1RB. Unblockable is more a blue thing, not red though...
I really like this ability Landkiller, kudos.

Elven Dance
Looks pretty good, I think it should be compared to Natural Affinity. Was that an instant?

Elven Sorcery
This should cost G. Maybe 1G, but I dont think its needed.

Heavenly Guardians
This nees rewording, and should cost 2WX, but otherwise I like it.

Angel's Call
This should cost 2W. I dont know why theres green in it, but if you want it like that then 1GW.

Masterful Sorcery
Excellent! We should make more Wizards to make this good though...

Lone Canal
After some thought, and considering Jake74's suggestions, I am going to make the activation cost GG.

Pearl Hunter -Uncommon
2U
Creature -Merfolk
Whenever Pearl Hunter attacks, place the top three cards of your library into your graveyard.
When Pearl Hunter blocks, place the top card of your oppenents library into his or her graveyard.
3/2

Field Burner -Uncommon
3R
Creature -Wizard
Target oppenents turn ends at the end of his or her attack phase.
1/3

Thallid Den -Uncommon
1G
Enchantment
Thallid Den cannot be the target of spells or abilites.
Whenever a creature leaves play, you may pay 1G or R. If you do, you may put a Spore counter on Thallid Den.
1, Remove a Spore counter: Put a 2/2 Green Thallid token into play.

Jopai Walls
2U
Enchantment
Jopai Walls cannot be the target of spells or abilties.
UU: Counter target instant or ability that targets an enchantment or artifact in play.

Invisible Ring -Rare
Artifact
When ~this~ comes into play, remove a creature you control from the game.
3T: ~this~ deals damage equal equal to the removed creature's power to target creature or player.

D

Duster

What does everyone think of taking a break from submitting cards so that we can organize and revise them?
Maybe we could set a deadline for card submission, then we can compile a list, and then resume making cards again afterwards?

Opinons? Comments? Objections?

Dustin

N

NeuroDeus

Keeper of the Dragons
WW
Creature - Soldier
1/2
2RR,T: Put a 1/1 red token into play that counts as a Dragon. That token has flying. Play this ability only if you do not control four or more of these tokens.
2RR,T: Sacrifice all dragon tokens into play. Put a 6/6 red token into play that counts as a dragon. That token has flying. Play this ability only if you control three or more dragon tokens.

See to Believe
UU
Instant
Draw 4 cards. Reveal your hand. Put all creature cards into your hand and discard the rest. Lose 1 life for every creature put in your hand this way.

Wolfhead
Artifact
When Wolfhead comes into play each player draws 2 cards.
When Wolfhead leaves play each player draws 2 cards.
During each player's discard step each player draws a card.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Thallids aren't made from eggs. They are spawned from spores. (In other words, you might want to change Thallid Den.)
We might as well stop, at least temporarily, to deal with the list now.
I haven't been submitting huge numbers of cards recently, so I won't until we're done with that.

J

Jake74

I think taking a break sounds great... i won't have much time until monday nite anyway and I'm falling a bit behind. maybe after monday no more until we get them organized... I can help however i'm needed.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Thats a good idea, I'll help with whatever needs to be done.
Heres the last cards im going to submit then...

Ash Centipede
GG
Creature -Centipede
When Ash Centipede comes into play, put a 1/1 green Centipede token into play.
2G: Ash Centipede gets +X+X untill end of turn, where X is equal to the number of Centipede tokens in play.
1/1

Centipede Mulcher (Name Suggestion?) -Rare
4GG
Creature -Centipede
When Centipede Mulcher comes into play, put three 1/1 green Centipede token into play.
Centipede Mulcher has power and toughness each equal to the number of Centipede tokens in play.
1G, Sacrifice a land, T: Put a green 1/1 Centipede token into play.
*/*

Wall of Honey -Uncommon
2G
Creature -Wall
(Walls cant attack)
When Wall of Honey comes into play, put a 1/2 green Caretaker token into play.
Wall Of Honey has toughness each equal to the number of token creatures in play.
2G: Switch Wall of Honey power and toughness. At the end of your turn, sacrifice Wall Of Honey.
1/*

(Thanks Thallid, I have edited Thallid Den -For)

D

Duster

So how about this...

Deadline for submitting cards is June 1st.
Submitting will resume June 8th, that gives us a week to compile everything. My idea is that everyone compile everything, but if you want to stick to certain olors, that shouldn't be a problem as long as they all get done.

Sounds good?
Good.

Dustin

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I will not have the time to compile anything. Sorry.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Sounds great, but will we be assigned different sections of the cards?

Anyway, if the limitation is going to be June 1st, heres some more cards!

Jopai Assasin -Uncommon/Rare
3B
Creature -Assasin
1B, T: Destroy target creature that was damaged this turn. It cannot be regenerated.
2/1

Meddle -Common/Uncommon
1UU
Instant
Tap or untap target permanent. If that permanent is an artifact, draw two cards.

Reparist -Common
Artifact Creature -Solider
1,T: Regenerate target artifact.
1/1

Terrain Savage -Common
R
Creature -Vandal
If you control a forest and a swamp, Terrain Savage gains +2+2 and gains "GGB: Regenerate."
1/1

-Too powerful?

Subtle Watcher -Uncommon
2W
Creature -Knight
First Strike
Subtle Watcher gains protection from all colors that your enchantments have.
2/2

Mana Syphon -Common (Name suggestion?)
1G
Instant
Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Draw a card.

Bird of Prey -Uncommon
GGW (GUW?)
Creature -Bird
First Strike, Flying.
1G, T: Destroy target creature with flying.
2/3

Assasins Stroke -Common
B
Instant (Sorcery?)
As an additional cost to play Assasins Stroke, tap an untapped creature you control.
Destroy a non-black tapped creature. It cannot be regenerated this turn.

Need Name -Rare
1BBU (BBUU?)
Instant
Destroy a non-black creature, it cannot be regenerated this turn. Draw cards equal to the creatures toughness.

J

Jake74

Which lists are in this set? which ones should be compiled? Just this one or the one before too?

N

NeuroDeus

I think each submitter should compile his/her cards and rearrange them and give them flavor text, rarity and anything what is missing... then each listed PMed to FoR or someone else and stuck together in one big thread

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Once you get the list together, if that person (FoR?) would like to send it to me as an attachment in email (Spiderman@cpa-mail.net), then I can post it here as an attachment if that will help.

Or you can have one big post, whatever. :)

TICM: I still haven't edited your posts, sorry. I'll try to do it by Friday of this week.