Subterfuge; New Cards

F

FoundationOfRancor

Master Vampire
I really like this card, it reminds me of Dracoplasm from tempest. I love it! It should cost 3B, and should have "Master Vampire cannot be blocked except by black creatures and artifact creatures."

Greater Vampire
This card is really cool, but a little confusing. I think it should go like so:

Greater Vampire -Rare
3BB
Creature -Vampire
X: Remove target creature from the game with toughness of X. Put X +1+1 counters on Greater Vampire. You cannot activate this ability if Greater Vampire has any +1+1 counters on it.
During your upkeep, remove a +1+1 counter from Greater Vampire. If you cannot, place the removed creature back into play under its owners control. It now counts as a Creature -Vampire in addition to its normal type, and gains all of Greater Vampire's abilties.
2/2

I'd like to see it Fly too, but the cc would have to be 4BB.

Vampire Minion
Id like to suggest a name change to "Vampire's Minion"
I also think there should be an activation cost for the -1-1 thing. 2BB.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Banish -Common/Uncommon
1WW
Instant
Shuffle target creature in play into it's controllers library.

Mana Dam -Rare
2WW
Enchantment
During your upkeep, pay 1WWW or 1GG. If you dont, sacrifice Mana Dam.
Mana cannot be spent to play spells.

Country Titan -Uncommon/Rare
3GGG
Creature -Titan
You may pay RRGG or GBBB instead of paying Country Titan's mana cost.
When Country Titan comes into play, gain control of two basic lands.
2/2

Lone Canal -Rare
2G
Enchantment
When Lone Canal comes into play, sacrifice all lands you control.
You cannot play lands.
Spells you play cost GG to play instead of their normal cost.

C

Captain Caveman

FoR,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't think any of them were good. I'm glad to see that you found the Fujita somewhat
interesting. Greater Fujita is an attempt to give Green a limited WoG effect that is somewhat in flavor. I was
picturing a big storm that destroyed larger creatures but left the smaller one's that could get out of its way.(hide)

The whole idea is probably bad to begin with.

Caveman

J

Jake74

Originally posted by FoundationOfRancor
Master Vampire
I really like this card, it reminds me of Dracoplasm from tempest. I love it! It should cost 3B, and should have "Master Vampire cannot be blocked except by black creatures and artifact creatures."

This thing could be big. 7/7 easy, isn't that worth 5 mana? I'm not sure evasion would make it a fair card.

Greater Vampire
This card is really cool, but a little confusing. I think it should go like so:
You should have seen my original idea... that was confusing. I want it to have the power and toughness of the creature, and abilities... tough to word right.... Any ideas?

Vampire Minion
Id like to suggest a name change to "Vampire's Minion"
I also think there should be an activation cost for the -1-1 thing. 2BB.
I was wondering about an activation cost... it's already a 1/1 for 3... activate of B or 1B??

How about this for a mana smoother:
Dragon Breeding Ground
Land (Rare/Uncommon)
Comes into play with 5 breeding counters.
1, remove counter: add one mana of any color.

it's a land, so no extra speed, and it has a use limit... ??

J

Jake74

Banish -Common/Uncommon
looks blue too... 1UB maybe

Mana Dam -Rare
Don't know where to go with this... weird... WHY??

Country Titan -Uncommon/Rare
maybe only basic lands... "I'll take.... your port and.... your port."

Lone Canal -Rare
Interesting concept, but too strong... I get thorny or shivan for an elf?

(Sorry about the double post... didn't feel right to add this to the other)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Rainbow Orb
Artifact
X1, Tap: Add X mana of the type used to pay 1 to your mana pool.

FoR: I would go back and edit the cards according to your suggestions, but for some reason I'm having trouble editing my post.
For future reference, Jeeble Jobble is 2/2, Cradlewood Tortoise is 2/2, the red Ritual card is now called Machinist Thaumaturgy, and Guilty Conscience costs W and has the text FoR suggested.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Captain Caveman:
Its an excellent idea! I'm just not sure about the bigger one.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jake74:

Master Vamp
Dont forget that Master Vampire requires you to sacrifice three creatures. Why would you sacrifice them unless Master Vampire had some sort of evasion? Thats why Dracoplasm had flying.

Vampire Minion
The -1-1 ability is REALLY strong, check out fevered convulsions from Tempest. An activation cost of 1BB is the cheapest I think is possible.

Greater Vampire
I understand the toughness thing....should greater vampire gain the abilites of the creature too!?

Dragon Breeding Ground
Looks ok to me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thallid:
ok, about Red Ritual, did you like my version or yours better?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Banish
Why does this look blue? It seems to me that this would be a total white, or total black.
I'm also thinking this should cost 1BB, because it can save your own creatures.

Mana Dam
Whats so confusing about this card? It basically lets people play activated abilities on creatures and artifacts, but they cant play spells.

Country Titan
Good call, changing to basic lands...

Lone Canal
At first I thought Lone Canal was too strong as well...but take a look at how colors willl handle it:

Black/Green/Red: LD your one land.
Blue: Bounce your one land.
White: Just disenchant it.

The thing with Lone Canal is that it doesent let you play lands, if your oppenent can get rid of your one land somehow, your screwed. Granted, not all decks that can pack LD. Still, the ones that dont just makes Lone Canal playable.

J

Jake74

Originally posted by FoundationOfRancor
Master Vamp
Dont forget that Master Vampire requires you to sacrifice three creatures. Why would you sacrifice them unless Master Vampire had some sort of evasion? Thats why Dracoplasm had flying.
Good Point. I'll change it.

Vampire Minion
The -1-1 ability is REALLY strong, check out fevered convulsions from Tempest. An activation cost of 1BB is the cheapest I think is possible.
two differences: this is a creature (easier to kill) and it must tap. Still think BB is ok.

Greater Vampire
I understand the toughness thing....should greater vampire gain the abilites of the creature too!?
That was the plan, but the wording is hard to do right.

Banish
Black doesn't usually give you another shot at it like that... white maybe, but it seems wrong for black.

Lone Canal
The thing with Lone Canal is that it doesent let you play lands, if your oppenent can get rid of your one land somehow, your screwed. Granted, not all decks that can pack LD. Still, the ones that dont just makes Lone Canal playable.
maybe a reason to play with Firebrand Ranger(IN-U)(G,T:put land into play). Maybe if the cost was 1G or GG...

J

Jake74

Originally posted by Thallid Ice Cream Man
Rainbow Orb
Artifact
X1, Tap: Add X mana of the type used to pay 1 to your mana pool.

Pay one to change colors, but it's a color you had anyway. Doesn't help splashes... the only thing I can see it used for is Soul Burn or the like... What else? Maybe not tap to use...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

FoR: RR for the red ritual thing is fine, but it might as well just provide colorless mana with no other drawback, because it's getting harder and harder to use colorless mana these days...

Originally posted by Jake74

maybe a reason to play with Firebrand Ranger(IN-U)(G,T:put land into play). Maybe if the cost was 1G or GG...
Well, if that case, you might as well use Skyshroud Elf anyway (G for 1/1, Tap: Choose a land card in your hand and put it into play. Play this ability only when you could play a sorcery.)
That way, you don't have to have the G already to activate it.

The point about Rainbow Orb is a good one. Maybe I should strengthen it by making it something like this:
Rainbow Orb
4 (Yes, this does warrant an increase in cost; maybe even 4)
Artifact
X2: Add X mana of any one color to your mana pool.

I agree that the original version is kind of weak, but what about this? Too powerful?

I'll see if I can edit the stuff now.

J

Jake74

How about:
XX:add x mana of any color.
kind of like nomadic elf...

(or)

2X: add x mana of any color.

Otherwise it may be too strong.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Vampire Minion
You make excellent points Jake...Your right. I think we should keep an eye on this if we ever do playtesting though.

Greater Vampire
Ah, I understand now! I think your trying to do too much in one card; I dont think we should fit that much stuff into one card.

Banish
Ive decided that this is indeed a white card, so..1WW?
It doesent seem right being white...but if Exile was, I guess this should be.

Lone Canal
What if I change it too
"Tap an untapped land you control: Put a card into play from your hand."

Still, Lone Canal was ment to combo with cards like that, as well as all the artifact mana stuff...

Rainbow Orb
I think the cc should be 2, with an activation cost of 2.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Bone Catcher -Common
1B
Creature -Horror
Flying
Sacrifice Bone Catcher: Return a creature from your graveyard to your hand. You may only activate this ability as a sorcery.
1/1

Fallen Lieutenant -Uncommon
2B
Creature -Zombie
During your upkeep, you may pay 2 or R to tap Fallen Lieutenant, If you do, all creatures you control get +2+0 until end of turn.
2/1

Shadow Ghost -Rare/Uncommon
2B
Creature -Ghost
As an additional cost to play Shadow Ghost, sacrifice a creature.
Shadow Ghost has power equal to the sacrificed creatures power and toughness equal to the sacrificed creatures toughness.
Shadow Ghost unblockable.
*/*

F

FoundationOfRancor

Some possiblities to make Lone Canal not broken.

1.-Jack up the cc. GGG, 2GG, 2GGG...Something like that.
2.-Make everything cost GG, and keep the "sac down to one land" thing. Would have to make it cost 1G to keep it balanced.
3.-Change to "tap an untapped land you control: Put a card from your hand into play, without paying its mana cost"

Personally, I think number one is the best, with it costing either 3GG or GGG.

J

Jake74

Bone Catcher -Common
Looks good

Fallen Lieutenant -Uncommon
My first thought was too strong, but only during upkeep takes from the surprise and probably balances it.

Shadow Ghost -Rare/Uncommon
Stealing my vampire idea?? :p

Lone Canal
It reads sac all lands... I think that's ok.
If the activation was GG and the cc was 1G it would work.
Remember, green has elves, birds and even diamonds for mana.

(BTW, does anyone else even care anymore?)

D

Duster

This dude would be okay at 1B actually.

And some rewording would be helpful.

Fallen Lieutenant 1B
Creature - Zombie

R, Tap: Creatures you control get +2/+0 until end of turn. Play this ability only during your upkeep.

2/1

I ditched the 2 colorless activation so the new casting cost is more justified.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I agree with Duster about Fallen Lieutenant; it is balanced now.

Final version of Rainbow Orb (since I'm still having trouble editing my posts... Spidey or another admin, can you help me with this?):
Rainbow Orb
Artifact
X2: Add X mana of one color to your mana pool.

Kurnau Flame
1WRU (Maybe 2WRU?)
Sorcery
Kurnau Flame deals X damage to target opponent, where X is the number of cards in your hand.
Gain X life.

Discord
2RR
Enchantment
At the end of any turn, if a creature has not dealt damage, Discord deals 2 damage to it.

C

Captain Caveman

Here are three more cards for someone to consider/reject.

Wooden Steed
Artifact Creature
0/3
When Wooden Steed is put into the graveyard from play,
you may remove it from the game and put X 1/1 soldier
tokens into play. Where X is equal to the amount of
lands you control.
"Surprise!"

Ancient Battlegrounds
Legendary Land
Rare
When ~this~ comes into play choose a creature type:
Tap; add 1 to your mana pool.
Tap; all creatures of the chosen type get a +1+1 until
end of turn.

Our Home!, Our People and Our Victory!

Diamond Mine
Land
Uncommon
Tap, choose a creature you contol: ~this~ deals
1 damage to that creature then add one mana of
any color to your mana pool.

Thanx,
Caveman

J

Jake74

Kurnau Flame
1WRU looks good (but maybe 5 or 6 damage for 4?)

Discord
I'd like to see it 2 damage. That way it makes a difference in decks other than fires.

Wooden Steed
Looks Cool, I like it!

Ancient Battleground
Nice idea, a lord land. :)

Diamond Mine
Again, maybe 2 damage...