Subterfuge; New Cards

L

Landkiller

Ninja Master 2BU
Creature - Assassin - Rare
T : Destroy target tapped creature, artifact, or land.
Assassins cannot be the target of spells or abilities while untapped.

2/2

Ninja Warrior 2BR
Creature - Assassin - Uncommon
Ninja Warrior may be played as an instant.
Haste
Assassins cannot be blocked by walls.
3/3

Samurai Lord 2WU
Creature - Lord - Rare
Untap up to three creatures you control when Samurai Lord comes into play. Each creature you control gains first strike while Samurai Lord is untapped.
3/4

Rogue Samurai 2WG
Creature - Knight - Uncommon
When Rogue Samurai attacks alone, it is +1+0 for each other creature you control.
If Rogue Samurai is targeted by a spell or ability, you may regenerate Rogue Samurai and put a -1-1 counter on it.
4/4

Bandit Chieftain 2RG
Creature - Lord - Rare
X, Discard a card with a converted mana cost of X : Put X 1/1 Bandit tokens into play.
Whenever a Bandit deals damage to a player, that player must tap an untapped land or sacrifice a land.
3/3

Lead by Example 1WU
Enchant Creature - Uncommon
Play only on a creature you control.
All other creatures you control gain enchanted creatures' game text.
If enchanted creature is put into a graveyard from play, lose X life, where X is the number of creatures you control.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

These cards look OK, but each of them is a little too powerful... The fact that they're gold cards does not let you reduce the cost by one mana from what it should be. For example, that W/G Rogue Samurai or whatever is a 2WG for 4/4 with two good abilities... this kind of thing doesn't happen much... The assassin is also greatly better than that B/U assassin from Invasion (which did really suck, but still...)

L

Landkiller

Should each of the creatures in my last post cost 1 more colorless?

F

FoundationOfRancor

Ninja Master
3UB, lose the Kill-Land thing.

Ninja Warrior
It looks ok. Really good, but ok.

Samurai Lord
2/3.

Rogue Samurai
3WG.
Also, reword it to 'Whenever a spell or ability would cause ~this~ to be placed in the graveyard, you may return it to play with a -1-1 counter on it"
...or something like that.

Bandit Chieftain
2/2 or 3GR. I suggest 2/2.

Lead by Example
I really like this card! I dont think the life loss is needed though.

Also, cards I think should have a name changed:
Ninja Master
Ninja Warrior
Samurai Lord
Rogue Samurai

Just because these names are based on things that are in Earth culture, and dont we want to get away from that? I dunno...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

[insert fantasy adjective here] Thunderbolt
3UR
Sorcery
Draw three cards, then name a card. Target opponent chooses a card at random from you hand, and reveals it. If the chosen card is the named card, [Insert fantasy-adjective here] Thunderbolt deals 5 damage to that player.
Electrical storms on [insert fantasy plane name here] greatly stimulate the thought processes of their victims. [insert fantasy adjective here] artists have come to think of them as gifts from whatever greater power they believe in; they have been the source of the best of [insert fantasy adjective here] culture.

[insert fantasy adjective here] Steed
1RR
Creature - Steed
First strike
When Jurvan Steed is blcoked, you may have it deal 1 damage to target creature blocking it.
2/1

[insert fantasy adjective here] Fly Trap
1GG
Creature - Plant
GG, Tap: Destroy target attacking creature with flying. Put a +1/+1 counter on [insert fantasy adjective here] Fly Trap.
1/1

[insert fantasy adjective here] Willow
2UG
Creature - Tree
2G: Prevent all combat damage dealt this turn. Tap all blocking creatures.
1U: Untap [insert fantasy adjective here] Willow.
0/2

(untitled)
2BB
Enchantment
Pay 1 life: Prevent the next 1 damage to target creature or player this turn.
Put a -1/-1 counter on a creature you control: Gain 2 life.

[OK, FoR.]

L

Landkiller

Celestial Arrow 3
Artifact
When Celestial Arrow comes into play, name a creature type.
5, T : Destroy target creature of the chosen type.

F

FoundationOfRancor

[insert fantasy adjective here] Steed
I think this should be 1RR, theres no need to make this gold.

[insert fantasy adjective here] Thunderbolt
I love this card, great idea!

[insert fantasy adjective here] Fly Trap
This should be 1GG, with an activation cost of GG.

[insert fantasy adjective here] Willow
I think this card would be alot better mono-green, but it makes sense to have it gold I suppose. Its ok.

(untitled)
This should be black, totally straight. 2BB...maybe call it "Expendable Resources" ?

Celestial Arrow
This is ok

OverKill -Rare
4UU
Enchantment
Each player draws an additional 9 cards during their draw phase.

-This is a crazy card, do you think its balanced? Everyone would get decked real fast.

Americana -Rare
RRR (or 2RR)
Enchantment
At the end of your turn, return all creatures you control to your hand.
All creatures you control gain haste
Creatures spells cost R less to play.

Running Waterfall -Uncommon
4GG
Sorcery
Target player gains X life, where X is your current life total.

Splintering Stroke -Uncommon/Rare
G
Enchant Creature
3GG: Put a green saproling token into play with enchanted creatures power and toughness. You may only activate this ability once per turn.
If Splintering Stroke goes to the graveyard from play, destroy all saprolings.

Dancing Nightmares -Common/Uncommon
2B
Creature -Nightmare
2/1
During your oppenents upkeep, if Dancing Nightmares is in your graveyard, your oppenent discards a card.

L

Landkiller

Here's some I came up with (although the enchantment cycle is opposing color in title only):

Oh, and the creature cycle is probably as strong as my allied color one from a bit back.

Broken Circle 2B
Enchantment
Pay 1 life : During the next turn, target player may not play activated abilities of permanents.
Any player may play this ability.

Broken Contract 2W
Enchantment
Whenever a player pays life, that player must instead pay double the amount of life required.

Uncertain Fate 2R
Enchantment
Whenever a creature is put into a graveyard, flip a coin. If the flip is heads, shuffle that creature into it's owner's library.

Uncertain Future 2U
Enchantment
Whenever a player plays a spell, flip a coin. If the flip is heads, that spell is countered. When Uncertain Future comes into play, flip a coin. If the flip is heads, remove Uncertain Furture from the game.

Guerilla Warfare 2G
Enchantment
During your upkeep, reveal the top card of each player's library. Non-creature, non-land cards revealed in this way are removed from the game. Whenever a creature card is revealed, you may choose to shuffle that player's library.
"We choose our battles carefully."

Constant Warfare 2B
Enchantment
During your upkeep, if the top card of any player's graveyard is a creature, the player may discard a card to put the creature into play. At the end of your turn, if the top card of any player's graveyard is a non-creature card, remove that card from the game.

Inept Defense 2R
Enchantment
Each unblocked creature deals an additional 2 damage. Blocked creatures untap at end of combat.

Impervious Defense 2W
Enchantment
Each unblocked creature deals only 1 damage. Defender may choose how blocked creatures assign damage.

Physical Conditioning 2G
Enchantment
Creature spells cost 1 less to play. When a creature comes into play, put a +1+1 counter on it.

Mental Conditioning 2U
Enchantment
Non-creature spells cost 1 less to play. 2, Discard a card : Return target non-creature, non-land card from your graveyard to your hand. Any player may play this ability, and play this ability as a sorcery.

Dust Djinn WRU
Creature - Djinn - 3/3
Flying
When Dust Djinn comes into play, tap all creatures.
Players may only untap one creature during the untap step.

Meddling Druid GBW
Creature - Cleric - 1/1
Whenever Meddling Druid taps, choose a tapped land you control. Target opponent gains control of that land.
G, T : All lands are 1/1 creatures until end of turn.
B, T : Destroy target creature.
W, T : Regenerate target creature.

Ogre Intellectual GUR
Creature - Ogre - 4/4
When Ogre Intellectual comes into play, you may discard X cards to put X study counters on Ogre Intellectual.
During your end of turn step, if Ogre Intellectual is untapped, reveal the top X cards of your library, draw one, and shuffle your library.

Mantis Machinist GUB
Creature - Insect - 2/4
Mantis Machinist may block creatures with flying. Gain control of any creatures blocking or blocked by Mantis Machinist. Creatures you gain control of in this way count as Zombies and are artifacts.

Mad Artillerist WRB
Creature - Soldier - 1/2
Sacrifice a land : Destroy target blocked attacking creature or target blocking creature.
0 : Sacrifice a land.
Mad Artillerist deals 2 damage to each player and to creature without flying whenever a land is put into a graveyard from play.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Broken Circle
This is a very intruiging card...I like it.

Broken Contract
1W, and this will need to be re-worded.

Uncertain Fate
This should be at R, 1R at the most...
Maybe this should be white?

Uncertain Future
I think a good spell to compare this too is Hesitation, from Stronghold. I think its balanced.

Guerilla Warfare
Unless you want to make the effect bigger when a creature card is on top of your library, this should cost G.

Constant Warfare
I like this, very hectic...maybe cost 1BB?

Inept Defense
Should reword to "Whenever an unblocked creature deals damage to a creature, the creatures controller may deal 2 damage to target creature or player."
Is that what it should do? Also, if it effects all players, the cc is fine. If your the only one who can deal 2 damg, it should cost 2RR.

Impervious Defense
3W. "Whenver a unblocked creature deals damage, that creature only deals 1 damage"

Physical Conditioning
Looks pretty good...I like the name.

Mental Conditioning
This card is interesting...it should be 1UU.

Dust Djinn
ok.

Meddling Druid
It looks fine...it should be re-worded to 'Whenever ~this~ becomes tappedm your oppenent may gain control of a land of his or her choice"

Ogre Intellectual
This is pretty cool, 3/3. Name change?

Mantis Machinist
2/3...and still, this dude is pretty powerful.

Mad Artillerist
I have no idea why this is any color other than red.
The sac a land thing should have a limit on it, like "you may only activate this once per turn"
--------------------------------------------------
Wean -Rare
UU
Enchantment
1U, discard two cards: Your oppenent skips his or her next draw step.

Sabotage Spy -Uncommon
1B
Creature -Zombie/Spy/Horror/I dont know
Whenever a player draws a card, they lose 1 life.
1/1

Mandrake -Uncommon
4G
Creature -Mandrake
Flying.
Whenver Mandrake is the target of a spell or ability, you may deal 3 damage to target player.
1/1

Tax Enforcer -Uncommon
1W
Creature -Knight
Protection from Red.
Whenever a creature is blocks or becomes blocked by Tax Enforcer, that creature gains first strike.
3/2

F

FoundationOfRancor

Coral Golem -Rare/Uncommon
4U
Creature -Golem
Flying
Your maximum hand size is now 3.
5/5

Children of the Mind -Uncommon
2U
Creature -Children
You have no maximum hand size.
1/2

F

FoundationOfRancor

Tablet Keeper -Uncommon/Common
3W
Creature -Knight
When Tablet Keeper comes into play, you may search your library for an enchantment card and put it into play. Shuffle your library afterwards.
1/1

Conformity Bend -Rare
1WW
Sorcery
Gain 4 life for each non-basic land you control.

Placidity -Uncommon/Rare
1G
Enchantment
Whenever a creature is the target of a creature enchantment, destroy that creature.
3G: Destroy all enchantments.

Molten Mauler -Uncommon
2R
Creature -Mauler
3R, Sacrifice Molten Mauler: You may deal 10 damage to target creature or player. You may only use this ability if a creature was regenerated this turn.
2/1

Spellstill -Rare
2W (3W?)
Enchantment
At the end of your turn, if you have not gained at least 2 life this turn, sacrifice SpellStill.
Players may not play non-creature spells.

L

Landkiller

Request X1W
Sorcery
Target player looks at your hand and chooses a nonland card with a converted mana cost of at least X. That card is removed from the game, but may be played as though it were in your hand, except that card cannot be countered. Draw a card.

Gluttonous Wurm BBG
Creature - Wurm
During your upkeep, put an edible counter on each card which does not have the word poison in it's game text. 3, Remove three edible counters from target permanent : Remove that permanent from the game. Any player may play this ability.
3/4

Tides of Battle 2BU
Sorcery
All creatures are destroyed at the end of the next turn. If a creature deals combat damage to a player before the end of the next turn, that creature is returned to it's owner's hand.

Ikatai Efreet 3BR
Creature - Efreet
When Ikatai Efreet comes into play, choose one : Draw 2 cards and lose 2 life; Deal 3 damage to target creature or player; or each player discards two cards at random and sacrifices two lands.
Flying
2/2

Kalusem Djinn 3WU
Creature - Djinn
When Kalusem Djinn comes into play, choose one : Draw 2 cards; Gain 7 life; or each player shuffles 3 permanents he or she controls into their owner's library and Kalusem Djinn gains "1, T : tap target creature".
Kalusem Djinn cannot be the target of spells or abilities.
1/3

Fire Elementalist RB
Creature - Wizard
When a player plays a Red or Black creature spell that player loses 2 life. Whenever a red spell deals damage, put a +1+1 counter on Fire Elementalist. Reduce all damage dealt to Fire Elementalist from red sources to 0.
2/1

Water Elementalist UB
Creature - Wizard
Black and Blue creature spells cost up to 2 less to play if the an island was played this turn. All islands are 2/2 creatures and do not untap as normal.
1/1

Air Elementalist UW
Creature - Wizard
Flying
If Air Elementalist attacks, it does not untap as normal during your next untap step. Whenever a non-token flying creature comes into play, that creature's controller puts a 1/1 blue Elemental token with flying into play.
2/1

Earth Elementalist GR
Creature - Wizard
Other Red and Green creatures come into play tapped, and do not untap as normal if Earth Elementalist is tapped. Mountains are 3/3 red creatures.
2/2

Spiritualist GW
Creature - Wizard
All non-green, non-white creatures are +0+1. Whenever a green or white creature is put into a graveyard, shuffle that creature into it's owner's library, and that creature's controller may draw a card.
1/2

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Machinist Thaumaturgy
RR
Instant
As an additional cost to play ~this~, sacrifice an artifact.
Add 6 colorless mana to your mana pool.

(Is this broken, mildly interesting, or just plain stupid?)

Jeeble Jobble (I am totally unskilled in the art of good nonesense names.)
5B
Creature - Jeeble
Flying
1B, Discard a card: Put a +1/+1 counter on Jeeble Jobble.
Whenever you draw a card, put a +1/-1 counter on Jeeble Jobble.
2/2

Cradlewood Tortoise
1GG
2/2
2: Cradlewood Tortoise becomes target color until end of turn. Any player may play this ability.
If it is green, Cradlewood Tortoise gets +1/+1.

Guilty Conscience
W
Enchant Creature
Whenever a creature that was damage by enchanted creature this turn leaves play, remove enchanted creature from the game.

C

Captain Caveman

Here's a couple of ideas. They might be bad.

Fujita.....(don't really know how to spell it)
1GG
Creature-Elemental
2/1
When Fujita comes into play destroy target creature with a
converted mana cost equal to the number of Forest you control.
"There's a storm brewing."_the Village Elder

Limited, Green creature removal.........

Greater Fujita
3GGG
Creature-Legend
4/3
Greater Fujita counts as an Elemental.
When_this_comes into play destroy each creature with a
converted mana cost equal to the number of Forest you
control.
"Only a select few live to tell about it."_the Village Elder

Brass Ring
Artifact
Choose one:
Tap: add B to your mana pool and lose 1 life.
Tap: add U to your mana pool. Opponent may draw a card.
Tap: add G to your mana pool and opponet puts a 1/1 token creature into play.
Tap: add R to your mana pool and take 1 point of damage.
Tap: add W to your mana pool and target opponent gains 1 life.
"Everything has a price."_ Scholar of the Age's.

Like I said they might not be any good but I've always wanted a Green assassin and another Mox type of Artifact.

J

Jake74

i think most of these cards are great, but is there a master list somewhere so you don't have to look through all the posts?

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Occasionally someone puts together a list of the cards made at the time, but that hasn't happened for a while.
However, if you have any ideas, don't think that we'll just forget them because we have so many other cards. All (well, almost all) submissions from any are welcome and appreciated.

*The one thing that we wouldn't appreciate very much are cards like 1 mana for a 1000/1000 creature.

The point is to make cards that are balanced and yet interesting. Anyone could help with this.

J

Jake74

I've been thinking about vampires...

Master Vampire (2BB)
Creature - Vampire [Rare]
~this~ can only be blocked by black and/or artifact creatures.
When ~this~ comes in to play, sacrifice up to 3 creatures. ~this~ has power equal to the combined power of those creatures and toughness equal to the combines toughness of those creatures.
*/*

Vampire Minion (1BB)
Creature - Vampire [?Common?]
BB,T: Target creature gets a -1/-1 counter, put a +1/+1 counter on ~this~.
BB: Remove a +1/+1 counter, regenerate ~this~.
1/1

I've got one more, but it needs to be reworded first....
..(Time Passes)
Here it is :)

Greater Vampire (2BB)
Creature - Vampire [Uncommon]
X: Remove target creature with power X from the game under ~this~ and place 2 blood counters on ~this~. ~this~ gains +x/+y where y is that creature's toughness.
During your upkeep, remove a blood counter. If there are no blood counters on ~this~, return the creature under it to the game under its owner's control. It is a creature - vampire in addition to any other type and gains this ability.
This ability can not be used if there are any blood counters on ~this~.
2/2
(Can anyone help the wording on this, but keep the same idea?)

F

FoundationOfRancor

ARG! I spent about two hours posting my comments on all these cards, and then they got deleted! Man...
Oh well, best to start anew.

Request
What does this card do? I cant figure it out....

Gluttonous Wurm
This card should be mono-black methinks...your thoughts?
On the poison thing, reword to 'During your upkeep, put a edible counter permanent in play that cannot produce poison counters.

Tides of Battle
2WU, maybe even 1WU.

Ikatai Efreet
4BR.

Kalusem Djinn
2WUU, and remove the tap creature thing on the last option.

Fire Elementalist
An excellent card, but just give it protection from red.

Water Elementalist
A VERY balanced card, but land-creature stuff is usually green...Oh well.

Air Elementalist
UU

Earth Elementalist
Lands gotta equal 1/1's

Spiritualist
Good.

F

FoundationOfRancor

[insert fantasy adjective here] Ritual
Theres potential, but we gotta steer away from a cycle. Heres my take:

Machinist Thaumaturgy -Uncommon
R (Maybe RR?)
Instant
As an additional cost to Machinist Thaumaturgy, sacrifice an artifact.
Add 6 mana to your mana pool. This mana can only be spent for casting artifacts and activating abilties of artifacts

What do you think Thallid?

Jeeble Jobble
Im not good at Nonsense names either....this should be a 2/2 with flying though.

Cradlewood Tortoise
2/2. Awesome, interesting ability. Maybe make the activation cost G?

Guilty Conscience
Can cost W, and should be reworded to "Whenever a creature that enchanted creature has damaged this turn goes to the graveyard, remove enchanted creature from the game."

F

FoundationOfRancor

Fujita
I like it, but I think we should tack on a restriction. Like so:

Fujita -Uncommon
1GG
Creature-Elemental
2/2
When Fujita comes into play destroy target creature with a
converted mana cost equal to the number of Forest you control. If you dont, sacrifice Fujita.
"There's a storm brewing."_the Village Elder

So now you *Have* to do it to a creature. To go with the restriction, which is pretty big, I made it a 2/2.

Greater Fujita
I have no idea what to make of this card.

Brass Ring
I dont think this a good idea, I dont think we should include it.