Subterfuge; New Cards

F

FoundationOfRancor

Feared Scarecrow -Common
B
Creature -Horror
T: Target flying creature cannot attack you this turn.
1/1

Relentless Foe -Uncommon/Rare
3G
Creature -Hunter
During your upkeep, you may pay 2G or RR. If you do, Relentless Foe deals 2 damage to each player it has damaged previously.
3/3

Pine Soothsayer -Uncommon
1G
Creature -Elf
1: Destroy target land enchantment.
1G,T: Destroy target Creature enchantment.
GGG: Destroy target enchantment.
1/1

Forest Elder -Common
2G
Creature -Druid
2G: Regenerate target creature
1/2

Essence Weaver -Uncommon
1G
Creature -Druid
Essence Weaver comes into play with a soul counter on it.
When a creature leaves play, you may pay G. If you do, put a soul counter on Essence Weaver.
Tap: Add X green mana to your mana pool, where X is the number of soul counters on Essence Weaver.
1/1

Town Exorcist -Common/Uncommon
1WW
Creature -Cleric
All creatures with Holy counter on them are white instead of their normal color.
W: Destroy all creature enchantments on target creature, then put a Holy Counter on it.
1/2

L

Landkiller

Elvish Sniper GG
Creature - Elf
T : Target player reveals his or her hand and discards any creature cards with a toughness of 1.
1/1

N

NeuroDeus

Deep Sea Merfolk - Uncommon
2UU
Creature - Merfolk
3/2
1: Deep Sea Merfolk becomes a 1/4 creature until end of turn.
1: Deep Sea Merfolk becomes black until end of turn.

Chanting Mermaid - Uncommon
U
Creature - Merfolk
0/1
2UU,T: Tap target creature.

Trombolk - Rare
2GG
Creature - Troll
4/2
G: Trombolk gains trample until end of turn.
2GG: Put a 1/1 red token into play. That token counts as a Troll.
A distant cousin of the Brikabrak, Trombolk roam the mountains but seed and harvest fields - Blarf

I am getting a bit to affectionate to the Trolls since I invented the Brikabrak, the Trombolk and Blarf together with his attendent... Maybe I can also Invent a story about trolls some time and also maybe can be inserted as a sub-plot in Subterfuge...

C

Cateran Emperor

That new Troll (I can't get his name right) really should regenerate in some way. Maybe 'Sacrifice a Troll: Regenerate ~'?

The Chanting Mermaid is vastly underpowered. You drop down a 0/1 creature that has absolutely no use except as an INCREDIBLY expensive tapper. All of the Invasion tappers are blatantly cooler than this. She needs at least to be 1/1, and/or have another (cheaper) ability.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Serpent Familiar (Open to name changes...) (Rare/Cut assuming we don't want opposing-color gold cards...)
2GU
1/1
When you draw a card, put a +1/+1 counter on Serpent Familiar.

Compassionate Giant(Rare)
2WW
6/6
When a creature leaves play, remove Compassionate Giant from the game.
He does what no man can - until he experiences what he does.

I agree about Chanting Mermaid. See Master Decoy/Benalish Trapper.

Elvish Sniper seems a little blackish...

Relentless Foe: Since this set is supposedly supporting multicolor a little bit, change its upkeep ability to 2R.

Feared Scarecrow isn't very fearsome. It's OK, but kind of bland. Basically a vanilla 1/1 anyway.

Pine Soothsayer looks really good (much better than that cruddy Savaen Elves).

Forest Elder is good too, but isn't much more than that. Like Feared Scarecrow, good for the common slot at best.

Essence Cycler: Essence Weaver maybe? Looks good. You might want to add a Soul Net effect for the Mark counters instead, like so:

Essence Weaver
1G
Essence Weaver comes into play with a soul counter on it.
When a creature leaves play, you may pay G. If you do, put a soul counter on Essence Weaver.
Tap: Add X green mana to your mana pool, where X is the number of soul counters on Essence Weaver.

This does make the counter thing more expensive, but also more flexible.

Town Exorcist is good.

I agree with Landkiller about Soul Gamble. However, the players have to reveal the cards to check the color fairly.

I don't get Aquamarine Force... who would sac a 6/3 to gain 3 life, then discard their hand as well as the top 3 cards of their library (given the timing of its effects)? It should be 3/6 at least, but still...

Spilled Blood is sick in multiples... maybe heavier red requirement (to start with)?

Redirected Delusions should be an enchantment reading "You control enchanted creature if it has another enchantment on it." Maybe it could be UU, but it shouldn't just be a Sorcery effect, because then it's lost forever (to the other person... hehehe)

Truth Teller and Concentration are fine.

Halt sucks. Sorry. You can't even target non-hasting creatures! Maybe take that part out and make it 1W...

Plundering Vandal is good.

Jailbreak is interesting... in some decks it might be incredibly useful, but in general it's pretty specialized.

Energy Absorber: This is a weird card. It's helpful and yet it's harmful... hmm... After much consideration, I am 100% certain that I'm not sure what I think of it. :)

Instant Resurrection: Try to find a different name... I'm sorry, but I can't think of one.

One might think that Verdant Threat would be overpowered (killing a land, which is present in green for 3 mana, and giving you a 5/3, which can't cost much less than 4 mana), but in fact, it's not, and it's perfectly playable too.

Wave of Spirits: If you can keep choosing new players, this would be great in multiplayer games...

Reset: Do cut the cantrip.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Elvish Sniper
I like it. It does seem a tad blackish, but it revolves around creatures, which is greens thing.

Deep Sea Merfolk
Looks good to me!

Chanting Mermaid
I agree. Perhaps make it "Tap target creature, that creature is dealt 1 damage"

Trombolk
Looks pretty solid to me. That sounds good to me about the storyline NeuroDeus.

Serpent Familiar
Looks fine to me, havent heard word about cutting opposed colors.

Compassionate Giant
Ok.

Relentless Foe
I'll change it to 2G or RR.

Essence Cycler
I agree with Thallid's version, and Essence Weaver is fine...

Spilled Blood
1RR should be ok.

Redirected Delusions
Ok, and 1UU should still be the cost...

Halt
"Target creature deals no combat damage this turn. If that creature has Haste, you may gain XX life, where X is that creatures casting cost"
...and at 2W.

Instant Resurrection
Fresh Rising;)

Reset
Cutting the cantrip...

N

NeuroDeus

Cannot I propose a crappy uncommon that no-one would ever play? I am talking about the Mermaid card :)

L

Landkiller

Neuro, of course you can. But I think every card should be playable in some deck. And Chanting Mermaid...at that cost, is really terrible. So, how about

Chanting Mermaid 2U
Creature - Merfolk
UU, Tap an untapped Merfolk you control : Tap target creature.
0/1

Destiny Smiles 3WW
Sorcery
Each player may discard any number of cards, then draw an equal number of cards. Each player gains life equal to the converted mana cost of each card he or she discards.

Destiny Laughs 3BB
Sorcery
Each opponent discards his or her hand and draws an equal number of cards. Then look at each players' hand, and choose a card. The chosen cards are discarded.

The Destiny cards would be okay for multiplayer.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I think we might as well make a Destiny cycle of cards (but please, please no Destiny's Child creature).

The rest:

Destiny Stares 3UU
Sorcery
Each player may discard any number of cards, then draw an equal number of cards. Then, proceeding in turn order, each player may tap a number of target permanents*equal to the greatest converted mana cost among the cards discarded in this way.

Destiny Beckons 3GG
Sorcery
Each player may discard any number of cards, then draw an equal number of cards. Then, proceeding in turn order, each player may put a +X/+X counter on any target creature*, where X is the greatest converted mana cost among the cards that player discarded.

Destiny Seethes (Name changed due to concerns based on content -TICM)
3RR
Sorcery
Each player may discard any number of cards, then draw an equal number of cards. Then, proceeding in turn order, each player may deal X damage to target creature or player*, where X is the greatest converted mana cost among the cards discarded.

BTW, Destiny Laughs should be "each player," not "each opponent." Also, when they are choosing what to discard, they should choose "in turn order."

* How should we word this so that the player whose "turn" it is to do the effect gets to choose the target, instead of the player who played the spell choosing all of them?

F

FoundationOfRancor

I think Landkiller's version of chanting merfolk is ok, but still bad. It should be a 0/3, then it would be playable.

Still thinking about those crazy destiny cards...

F

FoundationOfRancor

The Destiny cards seem cool, I like them. Ill leave the wording to a more competent person:)

Balanced Risks -Uncommon/Rare
2BB
Enchantment
At the end of your turn, you lose two life if a creature you control has not attacked this turn.
Sacrifice a creature: Target player discards a card.

Desert Savages -Common
2R
Creature -Vandals
If any oppenent controls an artifact, then Desert Savages is unblockable.
Protection from Artifacts.
2/2

Siren Heir -Common/Uncommon
UU
Creature -Siren
Siren Heir gains +0+X while untapped, where X is equal to the number of cards in your hand.
1/1

Vitality Bounds -Rare
3WW
Enchantment
For each 1 damage dealt to a player, that player instead gains 1 life.
Whenever any player has 35 life or more, that player must sacrifice all permanents he or she controls.

Tempest Rage -Uncommon
2RR
Creature -Energy Manifest
Whenever Tempest Rage is blocked, it deals 3 damage to target creature or target player.
1R: Tempest Rage gets +1+0 untill end of turn.
1/3

Mask of Many -Uncommon
4B
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gains +2+2 for each player.

Endless Ascension -Uncommon/Rare
3GGG
Enchant Creature
When Endless Accession comes into play, put a +1+1 counter on enchanted creature.
During your upkeep, put X +1+1 counters on enchanted creature, where X is equal to the number of +1+1 counters already on it.

Re-Enchant -Uncommon/Rare
3WW
Instant
Return an artifact or enchantment card in any graveyard into play under your control.

N

NeuroDeus

Since nobody wants crap or overpowered cards I redesigned Chanting Mermaid

Chanting Mermaid
1U
Creature - Merfolk
UU,T: Tap target creature. If that creature is a Merfolk or has Islandwalk remove that creature from the game.
0/2

C

Cateran Emperor

There we go! A much cooler card that has a cool ability too.

Imperial Executioner
3GB
Creature - Knight; 3/4
Attacking does not cause Imperial Executioner to tap.
Imperial Executioner does not untap during your untap step unless you pay 1 for each Greed counter on it. Spend only green mana in this way.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay two life to remove a Greed counter from Imperial Executioner.
X, Tap: Destroy target creature, where X is the number of Greed counters on Imperial Executioner. Spend only black mana in this way. Put a Greed counter on Imperial Executioner.

Mmmm, lots of text.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Vitality Bounds is evil in Bargain. It totally shuts down burn/creature damage. The problem is that there really is no way to fix that.

(An earlier comment related to Destiny Seethes was deleted as irrelevant and possibly obscene -TICM)

N

NeuroDeus

Perfect Soldier
2RW
Creature - Soldier
2/2
First Strike.
1R: Perfect Soldier gains +1/+0 until end of turn.
1W: Perfect Soldier gains +0/+1 until end of turn.
4: Perfect Soldier may block as though it had flying until end of turn.

Emmei Swordmaster
4W
Creature - Villager
3/3
First Strike.
0: Target creature gains first strike until end of turn. Play this ability only once each turn.
0: Target creature gains +0/+1 until end of turn. Play this ability only once each turn.

more more more cards...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Of course, if Perfect Soldier were perfect, then it would have free activation costs on everything and you could win the game and it would clean your dishes and save the world and...

My point is, call it "Veteran Soldier." :p

Destiny ***** ** *** ***: How about "Destiny Seethes"?

Emmei Sandstorm
UUR
Sorcery
Return all creatures with toughness 2 or less to owner's hand.

(some legend guy)
1WWBB
Legend
2/3
When a creature would deal damage to ~this card~, instead deal that damage to that creature.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Spiderman: If you're going to go back and change it, at least change them to the same thing.

(This comment refers to the formerly offensive name of the card now called "Destiny Seethes;" the posts containing its original name were edited to obscure this content by Spiderman. -TICM)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, if you didn't think using ASCII characters to "disguise" the word is somehow okay, I wouldn't have to do it. :rolleyes:

F

FoundationOfRancor

Supreme Idol -Rare
2UUU
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature now counts as a legend.
During your upkeep, draw cards equal to enchanted creature's toughness.
Creatures cannot attack unless they pay X, where X is enchanted creatures casting cost.
During your upkeep, pay enchanted creature's casting cost or sacrifice it

Lost Nostalgia
RR
Instant
As an addtional cost to play this, discard a land that can produce black mana.
Look at target players hand, that player discards all land cards.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

FoR: I suggest you change the name of Fascism to something like "Supreme Idol" or "Conqueror's Pride" or something. A card called Fascism suggests damage to other creatures and so forth, and would probably be red.

Spiderman: Fine.