Silemitas: The Search of Lost Time(?)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"I don't like this at all. There are plants that can live in all sorts of harsh conditions, and here I can't see any sign of vegetation at all. I always say what's bad for plants is bad for people too. Let's get what we came for and leave this accursed place as soon as possible. And be careful..."

Seeing that Morthil has readied his crossbow, Helata will do likewise—nervously.

P

Prince RXI

Jirandiel turns and looks as Jaksen, Helata, and Dorgath.

"It's the rock this pillar is comprised of... We've no idea what it is, but whatever this place is made of, the ruins are too, and it's even harder and more durable than Ebonwood... As for the lifeless-ness, I've no idea why either."

Sceorio keeps walking and moves up to what looks like a large rock in the middle of the area, flickers his fingers slightly, and a few orbs of light start to spin around him.

"We've almost reached the gateway in... My magic had no effect on the lock and Jiran's training at dungeon delving didn't even phase it, but it's made of the same rock as the rest of the pillar and as such is harder than Jiran's head..."

"And thicker than Sceorio's ego..." Jirandiel adds, smirking.

"Tuiché... Anyway, we've tried what we can, and our dear lady couldn't even come close due to that." He points up to the top of the gate frame where a single dark-gray flower with a pure black center and 3 golden leaves hangs above; blood-red vines protrude from the base of it's stem and seem to weave around the little rocky bumps and down onto the upper reaches of the gate itself. "Bane-Fel... an extremely rare flower who's scent causes any of dragon-blood to instantly fall comatose into a hellish dreamscape. Soon as she saw it the first time, she immediately took off, screaming... she returned about 2 days later to take us home... She brought us back here 3 weeks ago and we tried to remove it... Jirandiel dulled one of his knives and my magic didn't even singe it. So far as we've seen, it's also the only plant up here..."

M

Modus Pwnens

"A lock you say? Mind if I have a look at it? My eyes may see this kind of things in a different way than yours"

(Will attempt to search for traps on the lock, then attempt to pick it)

P

Prince RXI

While Morthil tries to figure out the lock, Sceorio looks at the flower and back at Dorgath. Jirandiel sighs a little and speaks a bit morosely.

"As far was we know, it's naturally there as it takes over 600 years for it's flower to bloom and it's vines are much larger than that as is... and the dragons say that it can't be killed once the flower opens and it's scent is dispersed. It's harmless to everything aside from Dragons and those with dragon-blood in their veins, and the stronger the blood, the worse its effect is so we've generally ignored it, especially since the odor is very hard to be rid of, and a dragon was our ride to and from this place."

Sceorio grunts and shakes his head.

"They also grow in places that have very high levels of ancient magic flowing from them. Whatever this place is, it used to have rituals performed here..."

M

Modus Pwnens

"Not very much, someone has been here before though, there's something in the lock that's preventing me from opening it. I'll try to get it out, give me a moment."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dorgath thanks the two for their answers and keeps watch while waiting for the lock to be sprung...

P

Prince RXI

While Morthil plays with the lock, Jirandiel pulls out a small dagger and spin it in the dirt at his feet. A few seconds later a design appears following the dagger's tip.

"Since we've time, let's see if I can find the floor-plan in there..."

As the dagger spins, what appears to be a crude map starts to form in the dirt.

M

Modus Pwnens

"Ha, I've yet to find a lock that couldn't be opened with a bit of patience. It's weird though, for such an old structure, this lock seems very well-maintained. Hey, what's that with the dagger?"

T

train

Sy'Kl
(Seems the lock was opened...)

"well now - that's a nice trick..."

(watches the rest of the dagger-drawing...)

P

Prince RXI

Jirandiel picks up the dagger and examines the map...

"Hmm... that's as far in as my skills can reach thus-far..."

At that moment, the door seems to give an audible click and comes open due to Sy'Kl's hard work

((sorry for the delay, was looking through my programs for my map system... failed, so asked spidy for one))

M

Modus Pwnens

(Could Morthil at least get some credit for opening the lock? :p)

"I have some torches, if we're all done here, I suggest we take a look inside".

Morthil gets a torch out of his bag and lights it. If nobody objects, he'll pull out a dagger from somewhere and take a peek around the corner, seeing what's there. (Those stairs are going down right?)

P

Prince RXI

(Yes, the stairs lead downward)

Jirandiel wipes the map off of the dirt, re-sheaths the dagger, draws his sword, and looks at Morthil.

"Your skills with locks seem quite good, mayhaps we have the time later you would give me instruction?"

Sceorio sighs, pulls a book out of his bag, and opens it to about 1/3rd of the way in. Light seems to eminate from it equal to a lit torch.

"Be ready for anything..."

The group enters the hallway and stands at the top of the stairs, where the light of the torch and the book seem to radiate out about 30-40 feet, then absolute darkness stands still like a wall. The stairway, made of the same sort of rock as the outside pillar, was obvious chiseled smooth... and remains smooth even after so long abandoned.

M

Modus Pwnens

"That's fine by me, I'll be right behind you"

Morthil looks appraising at Jirandiel and smiles.

"I suppose I could teach you a few tricks. Now that you mention it, I'd be very interested to take a closer look at that dagger of yours."

After those words Morthil turns around and follows Dorgath, then suddenly points to the ground and says:

"I'm no expert, but those footprints look like they're going everywhere. Can anyone make sense of that?"