Silemitas: The Search of Lost Time(?)

P

Prince RXI

As you all settle in, the windows on the side seem to flash and suddenly you are looking through the eyes of Mi'Ra'Kle out into the forest... you hear the rising of her wings, and the entire carriage shutters a little as she thrusts herself up from the ground. You see the multi-colored leaves flash by as you suddenly find yourself hanging in the air... you turn, the setting sun to your left slightly as her wings thrust and push against the air.

"Ti's been a while since I last flew at dusk... I've not felt this way since I was only 700 years old. Sceorio, Jirandiel, You'd all best hold on! I'm feeling a bit reckless..."

The entire wagon suddenly jumps up and a few of you tumble to the floor as she surges forward, the winds and the trees with their crowns of gold, red, yellow, and brown flashing past. In a very short period of time you see of in the distance the edge of the World Gorge...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Finals are over (I won). I see that I still need to select/memorize spells and that Prince RXI's post is a few days old. I will get on that once I get back home. Sorry about the delay.

P

Prince RXI

(is fine OS XD, I'm just trying to draw out the introduction segment so I can get a better feel for everyone's character and player style.)

As you flash across the edge of the World Gorge, the carriage shivers and rattles a bit from the heavy winds. The bottom of the gorge, as always, is concealed by mists and gases that start roughly 500 feet below the edge.

"There seems to be something moving down there... Jiran, do you think you can take a look?" Sceorio's voice seems a little scared...

Jirandiel nods once, then opens his eyes lids. Oddly, his eyes are completely black, even the parts that would be white, but as he stares downward out of the window, a faint light seems to emerge from deep within them. A moment later, he closes them again.

"Skeletal Dragons, Vampry, and the occasional banshee, the usual night predators of the World Gorge, they won't leave the mists. Mi'Ra'Kle, I'd suggest flying a little higher, there seems to be a rolling mist roughly 5 miles ahead..."

The carriage lurches again and rises up a fair bit...

P

Prince RXI

Sceorio shudders a bit at the thought.

"Nay, and I've heard of none that ever have, and lived. Even the dragons fear the mists."

The carriage rises a fair bit, but not fast enough for anyone to become unbalanced again, and the Gold Dragon flies on. Almost as soon as the first light of the sun breaks over the horizon, a large pillar looms out of the darkness, and Mi'Ra'Kle starts a spiraling ascent around it.

"I'll land near the western edge of the Pillar itself, as I fear to come any closer to the ruins them selves."

With a sudden rush, she slams her claws into the ground.

M

Modus Pwnens

Morthil quickly loads his crossbow and jumps out, ready for combat.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Jaksen is out quickly and heads towards the ruins... "So, these are ruins. Don't they work anymore, is that why they are ruined?"

P

Prince RXI

As soon as everyone is off, Lady Mi'Ra'Kle takes off and flies away. Jirandiel and Sceorio just nod sadly as she vanishes from sight.

"She's afraid of the bane-fell so much to have left without a word... Maybe I should take some of it to the elder for examination."

"Jiran, I tolerate you as you are, barely, but if you take any of that with you, Lady Mi'Ra'Kle would drop you from a great height into the World Gorge... You'd probably be dead well before you crashed into whatever is on the valley floor. Now shut up and let's move."

Sceorio turns to you all and clears his throat.

"Keep an eye out, the surface area has been checked over by us, but that was a few weeks back and who knows what those villians have prepared since then..."

He turns again and starts walking towards the center of the Pillar, being careful to step over and around the rubble and sharp rocks.

M

Modus Pwnens

If there's no immediate sign of an attack, Morthil will unload his crossbow, yet stay alert for danger.

I'll follow Sceorio towards the center, keeping an eye out for unusual stuff.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Hey Sceorio, Jiran, is this unusual? These rocks don't look weathered or anything, but it looks like they've been here for a VERY long time, " Dorgath asks, pointing to the rocks along the way.

T

train

Sy'Kl

(firms the grip on his mace, looks around, then gently shifts his dagger to ensure an easy unsheathing...)

"Well now, this all feels more comfortable with feet on 'solid' ground..."

(follows the rest of the party...)