Second Singleton Draft, Round 3: Spidey vs BigBlue

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Spiderman, Sep 3, 2008.

1. BigBlue Magic Jones

Memory Lapse the Cancel. Have you discard 1, 3, and 5.
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

That's Pearl Medallion, Foil, and Overrule.
  3. BigBlue Magic Jones

Done

Spidey: 16
    Hand: 2
    Library: 44 (Cancel)
    In Play:

(T) Tundra (U/W dual)
    (T,T,T) Island x3
    (T) Blinkmoth Nexus (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 1: ~ becomes a 1/1 Blinkmoth artifact creature w/flying ueot. It's still a land. 1, T: Target Blinkmoth creature gets +1/+1 ueot)

Legacy's Allure (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a treasure ctr on ~. Sac ~: Gain control of target creature with power less than or equal to the # of treasure ctrs on ~)

Graveyard: Flooded Strand, Swords to Plowshares, Pearl Medallion, Foil, Overrule
    RFG:

BigBlue: 21
    Hand: 5
    Library: 32

(T) Mox Jet (T:B)

(TTT) Island x3
    (T) Salt Marsh (T: U or B; cip Tapped)
    (T) Tainted Isle (T:1; T: U or B - playable only if I control a Swamp)

Graveyard: Mind Twist, Memory Lapse
    RFG: Rootwater Diver
  4. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Untap, upkeep - treasure ctr, Draw

Make the Blinkmoth a creature
    Attack for 1

Done

Hand: 3
    Library: 43
    In Play:

(U) Tundra (U/W dual)
    (T,U,U) Island x3
    (T) Blinkmoth Nexus (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 1: ~ becomes a 1/1 Blinkmoth artifact creature w/flying ueot. It's still a land. 1, T: Target Blinkmoth creature gets +1/+1 ueot)

Legacy's Allure (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a treasure ctr on ~. Sac ~: Gain control of target creature with power less than or equal to the # of treasure ctrs on ~) *1 treasure ctr*

Graveyard: Flooded Strand, Swords to Plowshares, Pearl Medallion, Foil, Overrule
    RFG:

BigBlue: 21 20?
    Library: 32

(T) Mox Jet (T:B)

(TTT) Island x3
    (T) Salt Marsh (T: U or B; cip Tapped)

5. BigBlue Magic Jones

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Play River of Tears
    Play Erratic Portal
    Done

Library: 43
    In Play:

(U) Tundra (U/W dual)
    (T,U,U) Island x3

Legacy's Allure (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a treasure ctr on ~. Sac ~: Gain control of target creature with power less than or equal to the # of treasure ctrs on ~) *1 treasure ctr*

RFG:

BigBlue: 20
    Hand: 4
    Library: 31

(U) Erratic Portal (1,T: Return target creature to it's owners hand unless it's controller pays 1)
    (U) Mox Jet (T:B)

(T) River of Tears (T:U - unless I played a land this turn, then it's T:B)
    (TTU) Island x3
    (U) Salt Marsh (T: U or B; cip Tapped)

6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Untap, Upkeep - treasure ctr, Draw

Mana Vault

Done

Library: 42
    In Play:

(U) Tundra (U/W dual)
    (T,U,U) Island x3
    (U) Blinkmoth Nexus (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 1: ~ becomes a 1/1 Blinkmoth artifact creature w/flying ueot. It's still a land. 1, T: Target Blinkmoth creature gets +1/+1 ueot)

Legacy's Allure (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a treasure ctr on ~. Sac ~: Gain control of target creature with power less than or equal to the # of treasure ctrs on ~) *2 treasure ctr*

(U) Mana Vault (~ doesn't untap during my untap step. At the beginning of my upkeep, I may pay 4. If I do, untap ~. At the beginning of my draw step, if ~ is tapped, ~ deals 1 dmg to me. T: Add 3 to my mana pool)

RFG:

Library: 31

(U) Erratic Portal (1,T: Return target creature to it's owners hand unless it's controller pays 1)

(T) River of Tears (T:U - unless I played a land this turn, then it's T:B)
    (TTU) Island x3

7. BigBlue Magic Jones

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Play Dimrir Aqueduct (return tainted Isle)
    Done

Library: 42
    In Play:

(U) Tundra (U/W dual)
    (T,U,U) Island x3
    (U) Blinkmoth Nexus (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 1: ~ becomes a 1/1 Blinkmoth artifact creature w/flying ueot. It's still a land. 1, T: Target Blinkmoth creature gets +1/+1 ueot)

Legacy's Allure (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a treasure ctr on ~. Sac ~: Gain control of target creature with power less than or equal to the # of treasure ctrs on ~) *2 treasure ctr*

(U) Mana Vault (~ doesn't untap during my untap step. At the beginning of my upkeep, I may pay 4. If I do, untap ~. At the beginning of my draw step, if ~ is tapped, ~ deals 1 dmg to me. T: Add 3 to my mana pool)

RFG:

Library: 30

(U) River of Tears (T:U - unless I played a land this turn, then it's T:B)
    (UUU) Island x3
    (T) Dimir Aqueduct (T: UB; cip stuff)

For safekeeping
    (Hand) Tainted Isle (T:1; T: U or B - playable only if I control a Swamp)
  8. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Done

Library: 41
    In Play:

(U) Tundra (U/W dual)
    (U,U,U) Island x3

Legacy's Allure (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a treasure ctr on ~. Sac ~: Gain control of target creature with power less than or equal to the # of treasure ctrs on ~) *3 treasure ctr*

RFG:

Library: 30

(UUU) Island x3

For safekeeping
    (Hand) Tainted Isle (T:1; T: U or B - playable only if I control a Swamp)
  9. BigBlue Magic Jones

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Play Tainted Isle
    Play Cemetary Puca
    Done

(Slow game... go figure when you get two counter decks going in a rubber match... :) )

In Play:

(U) Tundra (U/W dual)
    (U,U,U) Island x3

Legacy's Allure (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a treasure ctr on ~. Sac ~: Gain control of target creature with power less than or equal to the # of treasure ctrs on ~) *3 treasure ctr*

RFG:

Library: 29

(UUU) Island x3

(S) Cemetary Puca (1/2; Whenever a creature goes to the GY from play, I may pay 1 to make ~ a copy of it w/ this ability)

10. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Azorius Signet

Done

In Play:

(U) Tundra (U/W dual)
    (T,T,U) Island x3

Legacy's Allure (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a treasure ctr on ~. Sac ~: Gain control of target creature with power less than or equal to the # of treasure ctrs on ~) *4 treasure ctr*

(U) Azorius Signet (1, T: Add UW to my mana pool)

RFG:

Library: 29

(UUU) Island x3

(S) Cemetary Puca (1/2; Whenever a creature goes to the GY from play, I may pay 1 to make ~ a copy of it w/ this ability)

11. BigBlue Magic Jones

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Attack w/ Cemetary Puca

In Play:

(U) Tundra (U/W dual)
    (T,T,U) Island x3

Legacy's Allure (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a treasure ctr on ~. Sac ~: Gain control of target creature with power less than or equal to the # of treasure ctrs on ~) *4 treasure ctr*

RFG:

Library: 28

(UUU) Island x3
    (U) Dimir Aqueduct (T: UB; cip stuff)
    (U) Tainted Isle (T:1; T: U or B - playable only if I control a Swamp)

(T) Cemetary Puca (1/2; Whenever a creature goes to the GY from play, I may pay 1 to make ~ a copy of it w/ this ability)

12. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

13. BigBlue Magic Jones

Done... (I have to go back through and check my library/hand... I have 5 cards in hand, but only show 4 here... somewhere I made a mistake... I think it was the Mind Twist play...)

Checked... I have 5 cards, not 4. Library count is correct.
  14. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Untap, upkeep - treasure ctr, Draw

Limited Resources
    Responses?

Spidey: 15
    Library: 40
    In Play:

(T) Tundra (U/W dual)
    (U,U,U) Island x3

Legacy's Allure (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a treasure ctr on ~. Sac ~: Gain control of target creature with power less than or equal to the # of treasure ctrs on ~) *5 treasure ctr*
    Limited Resources (When ~ CIP, each player chooses 5 lands he controls and sacs the rest. Players can't play lands if there are 10 or more lands in play)

RFG:

(UUU) Island x3

(T) Cemetary Puca (1/2; Whenever a creature goes to the GY from play, I may pay 1 to make ~ a copy of it w/ this ability)

15. BigBlue Magic Jones

I'll sac an Island and the river of tears.... (booooo...)
  16. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Island

Done

Spidey: 15
    Hand: 2
    In Play:

(T) Tundra (U/W dual)
    (U,U,U,U) Island x4

Legacy's Allure (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a treasure ctr on ~. Sac ~: Gain control of target creature with power less than or equal to the # of treasure ctrs on ~) *5 treasure ctr*
    Limited Resources (When ~ CIP, each player chooses 5 lands he controls and sacs the rest. Players can't play lands if there are 10 or more lands in play)

RFG:

(UU) Island x2

Graveyard: Mind Twist, Memory Lapse, Island, River of Tears
  17. Melkor Active Member

How did you play that Island with Limited Resources in play?
  18. BigBlue Magic Jones

Maybe he thought he only had 4 lands?

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Attack w/ Puca

Spidey: 15 14?
    Hand: 3 (Island in hand)
    In Play:

(T) Tundra (U/W dual)
    (U,U,U) Island x4

RFG:

Hand: 6
    Library: 27

(UU) Island x2

19. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Ugh, I did... I so carefully counted, I thought.

Take it.
  20. BigBlue Magic Jones

Play Time Elemental
    Done.

Spidey: 15 14?
    Hand: 3 (Island in hand)
    In Play:

(T) Tundra (U/W dual)
    (U,U,U) Island x3

RFG:

Library: 27

(UU) Island x2

(S) Time Elemental (0/2; 2UU,T: Return target non-enchanted permanent to it's owners hand; If ~ attacks or blocks I take 5 and sac ~ at eot)