Second Singleton Draft, Round 3: Spidey vs BigBlue

B

BigBlue

Boy... it would be so much cooler if it didn't... :) Fixed it... blush

B

BigBlue

Activate erratic portal on it (U) don't pay so it returns to my hand.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Arg. I knew there was a reason why I didn't get your Puca before too...

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Done

Spidey: 14
Hand: 4 (Island in hand)
Library: 39
In Play:

(U) Tundra (U/W dual)
(U,U,U) Island x3
(U) Blinkmoth Nexus (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 1: ~ becomes a 1/1 Blinkmoth artifact creature w/flying ueot. It's still a land. 1, T: Target Blinkmoth creature gets +1/+1 ueot)

Limited Resources (When ~ CIP, each player chooses 5 lands he controls and sacs the rest. Players can't play lands if there are 10 or more lands in play)

(U) Mana Vault (~ doesn't untap during my untap step. At the beginning of my upkeep, I may pay 4. If I do, untap ~. At the beginning of my draw step, if ~ is tapped, ~ deals 1 dmg to me. T: Add 3 to my mana pool)
(U) Azorius Signet (1, T: Add UW to my mana pool)

Graveyard: Flooded Strand, Swords to Plowshares, Pearl Medallion, Foil, Overrule, Legacy's Allure
RFG:

BigBlue: 20
Hand: 6 (Time Elemental)
Library: 27

(UT) Erratic Portal (1,T: Return target creature to it's owners hand unless it's controller pays 1)
(U) Mox Jet (T:B)

(TU) Island x2
(U) Salt Marsh (T: U or B; cip Tapped)
(T) Dimir Aqueduct (T: UB; cip stuff)
(T) Tainted Isle (T:1; T: U or B - playable only if I control a Swamp)

(T) Cemetary Puca (1/2; Whenever a creature goes to the GY from play, I may pay 1 to make ~ a copy of it w/ this ability)

Graveyard: Mind Twist, Memory Lapse, Island, River of Tears
RFG: Rootwater Diver

==========================================================
(S) Time Elemental (0/2; 2UU,T: Return target non-enchanted permanent to it's owners hand; If ~ attacks or blocks I take 5 and sac ~ at eot)

B

BigBlue

If it makes you feel better, I have to play it again... And it has summon sickness... OK, probably not making it better... but allure is allure and wasn't going to work w/ Portal out, might as well slow me down now, right? :)

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Play Time Elemental
Done

Hand: 4
In Play:

(U) Tundra (U/W dual)
(U,U,U) Island x3
(U) Blinkmoth Nexus (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 1: ~ becomes a 1/1 Blinkmoth artifact creature w/flying ueot. It's still a land. 1, T: Target Blinkmoth creature gets +1/+1 ueot)

Limited Resources (When ~ CIP, each player chooses 5 lands he controls and sacs the rest. Players can't play lands if there are 10 or more lands in play)

(U) Mana Vault (~ doesn't untap during my untap step. At the beginning of my upkeep, I may pay 4. If I do, untap ~. At the beginning of my draw step, if ~ is tapped, ~ deals 1 dmg to me. T: Add 3 to my mana pool)

Graveyard: Flooded Strand, Swords to Plowshares, Pearl Medallion, Foil, Overrule, Legacy's Allure
RFG:

Hand: 6
Library: 26

(U) Erratic Portal (1,T: Return target creature to it's owners hand unless it's controller pays 1)

(UU) Island x2

(U) Cemetary Puca (1/2; Whenever a creature goes to the GY from play, I may pay 1 to make ~ a copy of it w/ this ability)
(S) Time Elemental (0/2; 2UU,T: Return target non-enchanted permanent to it's owners hand; If ~ attacks or blocks I take 5 and sac ~ at eot)

Graveyard: Mind Twist, Memory Lapse, Island, River of Tears

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm gonna tap my Island to use my Signet and use the W to activate my Blinkmoth.

Blinkmoth then blocks the Puca.
You have priority.

B

BigBlue

No Responses, Updating the board

Hand: 3
In Play:

(T) Tundra (U/W dual)
(T,T,T) Island x3

(T) Azorius Signet (1, T: Add UW to my mana pool)

Graveyard: Flooded Strand, Swords to Plowshares, Pearl Medallion, Foil, Overrule, Legacy's Allure, Cancel
RFG:

(U) Erratic Portal (1,T: Return target creature to it's owners hand unless it's controller pays 1)

(UU) Island x2

(T) Cemetary Puca (1/2; Whenever a creature goes to the GY from play, I may pay 1 to make ~ a copy of it w/ this ability)

Graveyard: Mind Twist, Memory Lapse, Island, River of Tears, Time Elemental

B

BigBlue

That also takes your U, right?

After you pump it, activate erratic portal (U) to bounce it to your hand unless you pay 1.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Argg! Why do I keep thinking it's like Mishra's Factory and just costs the tap to pump!!

No response, it's back to my hand.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Heh.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Blinkmoth Nexus

Done

Library: 38
In Play:

(U) Tundra (U/W dual)
(U,U,U) Island x3

Graveyard: Flooded Strand, Swords to Plowshares, Pearl Medallion, Foil, Overrule, Legacy's Allure, Cancel
RFG:

(T) Erratic Portal (1,T: Return target creature to it's owners hand unless it's controller pays 1)

(TU) Island x2

B

BigBlue

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Play Jester's Scepter (remove the top 5 cards of your library from the game)

Library: 38 33?
In Play:

(U) Tundra (U/W dual)
(U,U,U) Island x3

RFG:

Library: 25

(U) Jester's Scepter (When ~ cip, remove the top 5 cards of target player's library from the game; useless counter ability)

(UU) Island x2

(U) Cemetary Puca (1/2; Whenever a creature goes to the GY from play, I may pay 1 to make ~ a copy of it w/ this ability)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Done

Hand: 5
Library: 32
In Play:

(U) Tundra (U/W dual)
(U,U,U) Island x3

Graveyard: Flooded Strand, Swords to Plowshares, Pearl Medallion, Foil, Overrule, Legacy's Allure, Cancel, Kjeldoran Outpost, Rethink, Black Vise, Island, Sapphire Medallion
RFG:

Library: 25

(U) Jester's Scepter (When ~ cip, remove the top 5 cards of target player's library from the game; useless counter ability)

(UU) Island x2

B

BigBlue

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Play Glimpse the Unthinkable (mill top 10 cards from your library)

Hand: 5
Library: 32 22?
In Play:

(U) Tundra (U/W dual)
(U,U,U) Island x3

Graveyard: Flooded Strand, Swords to Plowshares, Pearl Medallion, Foil, Overrule, Legacy's Allure, Cancel, Kjeldoran Outpost, Rethink, Black Vise, Island, Sapphire Medallion
RFG:

Library: 24

(UU) Island x2
(U) Tainted Isle (T:1; T: U or B - playable only if I control a Swamp)

Graveyard: Mind Twist, Memory Lapse, Island, River of Tears, Time Elemental, Glimpse the Unthinkable