Pop psych analysis of players' decks...

W

Whimsical

Between telling the Weatherlost saga and horsing around in the Off-topic ... my humor gets stretched thin. <laughs and starts poking sense of humor> Get up, you deadbeat! Back to work! Hup, hup, hup!!!

<opens a gateway to the clinic and is relieved to see only one patient, waves hi to Mindi and bips Spidey on the head with a mallet before settling down in her chair>

Welcome, mister Yellowjacket sir! A multi-player Erratic Spikes deck you say? Hmmmm... very interesting. Don't be shy. Let the doctor look at your deck. We'd better go over this one in detail...

Erratic Portals tells me that you like to bounce people up and down on your lap. <laughs> At least it isn't Capsize. ;)

The Weavers tell me you love a lot of life in your deck ... considering you use this to play with many other decks all at once, that strikes me as a good thing.

Propaganda reflects the fact that you talk a lot during these multi-deck playing sessions. Gaea's Blessing shows your willingness to do it all over again. Hmmm...

Interesting deck, mister Yellowjacket sir. And you use it to play with many many other decks all at once, huh? <laughs> You like people, and you like decks. You especially like pitting your deck against many other decks all at the same time. Rather energetic, eh? ;)

I think they call these kinds of matches "orggies". Oh, wait. Those are baby orggs. <laughs>

My advice? I dunno. I kinda like the deck. <laughs> It shows your sense of humor ... and competitive edge too. The personality reflection bit I'll have to reserve until I get to know you a bit more, mister Yellowjacket sir! Have fun playing with your deck in those "orrgies"! :D

'Till next time!

Killer Joe

I'll be sure to let Dr. Laura know that she was wrong about me. Oh, BTW, did I mention that Phelddgrif was my kill card?

[Edited by Yellowjacket on September 15th, 2000 at 07:38 AM]

A

Apollo

This was the funniest thread ever. Ah, the good old days, when Whimsy's sense of humor was alive and kicking...:)

D

DÛke

...think what Almindhra said in her little, overly comprehensive lines was just as just as funny as Whimsical’s jokes. Not funnier, but JUST as funny. I mean, the way Almindhra ran out of THAT office so fast! You'd think she's Quicksilver from X-Men or, Flash, from Marvel Super Heroes, or whatever you wanna call them.

<Looks at Whimsical's old posts> Don't you think they're filled with smilies? <Looks at good ol'Almindhra> Girl, you were right! Those smilies, DO, get annoying after a while, don't they! <Recalls the times when I used to add a lot of smilies> God, I was so blind not to see how annoying they are! Almindhra knows ALL, and that's what I like about Almindhra...she's unlike any other girl...yep...she's charmed...<tries not to sound too flirty>

[Edited by DÛke on 12-30-00 at 01:39 AM]

A

Almindhra

Does anyone else find something wrong with the above post???... ;)

P

Purple_jester

You're right...

Something is seriously wrong about this. Too much opium, I would think. Or grass.

Disturbing, to say the least.

C

Cateran Emperor

I didn't think that much opium existed...

Whatever happened to Whimsy anyway? I miss the Weatherlost... :(

A

Apollo

Boy...

Who are you and what have you done with DUke?!?

Seriously, DUke seems to have a problem with Whimsy lately. Is it just me?

D

DÛke

...I think Purple_Jester should "shut up". I don't take any drugs, thank you very, VERY much. <Looks at Almindhra and wonders very deeply> Ok, Almindhra, I want to talk to you on AIM, I'll catch you sometimes. <Looks at everyone else> I DON'T take drugs! <Looks back at Almindhra> I smell manupilation enigma going on in here...

I don't take drugs...it's just that I'm in a serious <sigh> serious...delirium state right now, forgive my unusual behavior...or don't...

T

Turtlewax Joe

Agressive B/W, with a tiny bit of control and a lot of pump-ups...

Layed back, reliable, and size matters and damn proud of it!

W

Whimsical

<blearily glances up from the gutter she fell asleep in during the bash to officially welcome the new millenium in ... eyes the Goblin Cadet trying to wake her with dagger eyes>

Whazzat? Huh? A patient? Over at the clinic? You're kidding. Seriously. You've got precisely three seconds to skeddadle before I turn you into a Slimy Kavu ... really? There's actually a patient there? And two of them?! Omigod!!! Get the other goblins and dust off the place already! And tell those lousy beebles to evacuate the clinic! Pronto! Hup, hup, hup!

<reappears at the psych clinic with a BAMF! and accompanying sulfurous cloud of smoke>

Gawd. This is what I get for letting the Lord of the Pit use mah gateways while I'm on vacation. <starts grumbling> The sulfur'll take forever to air out, I swear...

<walks into the office, pasting a very wide politician-style grin on her face>

Greetings, fellow planeswalkers! Welcome to the Carnival of Souls where wonders you have never seen before are here for your own distinct viewing pleasure! Your wish is mah command!

<listens irritably to the beeble tugging frantically at her pant leg with a scowl>

This is not the carnival? Whaddya mean I got the wrong speech prepared? We're at the clinic?! Why didn't y'all say so in the first place!!! Humph!

<fixes an even wider grin on her face>

So without further ado ... pull out your decks, gentlemen ... and let the good doctor have a gander at the lovable little buggers. ;)

Welcome to the clinic, mister Turtlewax sir! First time visitor? Ah, I see. Well? Pull out the deck already and let moi have a look.

Aahhhhhhh. The B/W deck. A perennial case. At least it's not the Pestilential version. <laughs> That particular deck ... is ... rather ... eherm, you know. Gross. <grins>

Odd colored ... but that should be fine. Reliable, hmmm? Must mean a good spread of little weenies in there. A smidgen of control? And you pump it up a lot?! Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhh.

So let me get this straight. You have this odd-colored deck ... which starts out small but is very agressive? It can control itself ... though barely. And you end it by pumping the little weenies up to biblical proportions?

Inspite of the rather odd color ... your deck sounds like a sure hit, mister Turtlewax sir. Small and tiny going on to being big and huge in the blink of an eye. <starts chuckling> Just don't pump it too much, yes? ;)

Remember! All first time visitors get a 20% discount on return visits! Have fun playing with your deck, mister Turtlewax sir! :D

Next!

Aaahhhhhhhhh, Duel dearie. So nice of y'all to drop by mah humble clinic. I take it the beebles didn't harass you too much while you were waiting? What's with the beeble sobbing and tugging at your leg frantically? <spots a twitching arm underneath Duel's tushie> Oh. Uh-oh. You might want to get up and let that poor beeble bury his girl.

Tsk, tsk. I warned them not to lollygag here. <smiles and shrugs> C'est la vie.

So what's this deck you've got to show the good doctor? A ... white ... weenie? <quickly hides a smile> Oh, really now?

I take it classic white weenie? Little wieners, eherm, weenies rushing en masse? And sooner or later, you get around to pumping them up?

Weeeelllll. The problem with white weenie ... with any weenie actually ... is the distressing lack of endurance. Sure, fine. It starts out in guns blazing ... but more often than not, starts sputtering in the long run.

Quantity over quality seems to be the motto of the deck, Duel dearie. Tsk, tsk. This is just mah opinion ... but big beefy things tend to be rather impressive. Small wieners, eherm, weenies just don't cut it with the gals. Even IF you pump them up repeatedly. When all's said and done ... weenies stay small. 'Least they're not flabby, yes? ;)

If it's a rebel weenie though. Lessee. Rebels has endurance. They're still wieners, eherm, weenies though. It uses lots of protection. The only problem with that that I really see ... is chafing. Since you tend to handle, er, shuffle the deck a lot more than most ... it tends to wear out fast. Inspite of all the protection.

Aw, heck. Go natural! Ditch the rubber, eherm, sleeves! Full skin contact with your deck, I always say! Go ahead and enjoy the feel! :D

'Till next time, this is Whimsical, signing off... :)

D

DÛke

...who called her up! <looks around> Duel, did you call Whimsical to come and give you this inspection of hers? <Glares at Duel> Your end is near! <Stares at Almindhra> So, you called the shots now, hey? <Almindhra looks at DÛke and says> NO, NO! You know, you're very stupid, BOY! <DÛke> Yeah, ok...at least you didn't call. Who called! Come out and tell me, right this instant! <Glares at Purple_Jester> YOU! YES, YOU! <Roars> Why, I should...um...take that...um...spoon, and that cheese and...just...like...do something with it!

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Does Duke have a little brother or something?
That might be the problem.

A

Apollo

Gasp! Shock! She posted! Yay!:D

DUke, what is with you lately?