Pop psych analysis of players' decks...

W

Whimsical

Disclaimer. Take this post with a liberal grain of salt. I'm not out here to insult the testosterone of the place ... it's just my way of having fun. ^_^

Mono-Green Massive Creature Beatdown deck
= size DOES matter, and this is the guy's way of making up for it...

White Weenie deck
= size DOESN'T matter, and this is his way of feeling better about himself...

Red Sligh deck
= fast and furious but sputters out really fast, hair trigger complex?

Suicide Black deck
= see Sligh deck

Pure Evil Stasis Blue deck
= likes to play by himself

Buried Alive/Graveyard Manipulator Black deck
= likes to play with himself

Classic Control Freak Miller Blue/White deck
= slow, steady, and really boring

There are more ... but I'm too tired right now to think...

Enjoy!

D

Duel

Control blue: Anything that has "control" in the title should be easy to guess

SRB (Stupid red burn): Can you spell PYRO? Nice try....

5cg: Indecisive, effective, but doesn't follow through

Any other 5c: Too into him/herself. Doesn't try and interact.

Counterspell: Sadistic, likes to see others fail

H

Hetemti

R/W: Likes to throw the damage around...but has a sadistic affinity to screw with the opponent's mind by doing un-white things with white cards. Unblockability, anyone? (No, not Seeker.)

D

Duel

Unblockable blue: Repressed, pent-up anger at the constraints of society. This is an outlet.

P

Purple_jester

I like blue/black myself. Control Magic, Chains of Mephistopheles, Binding Agony, Ray of Command, Word of Command, Word of Binding, Dark Ritual, Impulse, Handcuffs, Binding Grasp, Mana Chains...

Of course, I happen to like the red card Earthbind, too.

Ahem. ;)

Hey, Whimsical, what about a guy who plays with Goblins?

D

Duel

Hey purple, to answer your question, you know that song? The one that goes "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife"? Well, that's some sort of answer

Oh, and I see you have this thing for handcuffs. Kinky....

W

Whimsical

Hmmmm ... only one female answered here (one with a fetish for S&M apparently too). <smiles and shrugs> To answer your question, mah dear Purple Jester ...

Red Goblin deck
= has a serious preference for short and ugly (you know the saying, misery loves company...)

And here's a few more...

Blue Classic Permission deck
= has an Oedipus complex (likes to play "Mother, May I?" all the time...)

Titania's Song/Winter Orb Artificer deck
= a man who likes to play with toys

Tradewind Riders/Capsize Blue deck
= a man who likes to play in and out, up and down ... ooooohhhhhhhhhhh............ ;)

Prosper/Bloom Evil deck
= this guy just likes to suck, big-time

<laughs> Enjoy!

A

Apollo

Those were hilarious, Whimsical. Though I think some people didn't quite figure it out before replying.

I don't think I'll comment on Jester's little quirks.

W

Whimsical

Awwwww ... you flatter me too much, mister Apollo sir! I just aim to entertain here (seeing as my knowledge of rules still seem to include interrupts in existence and my deck concepts only extend to about the Rath cycle). I still have a lot of catching up to do ... in the interim though...

Drow. Summon Elf. BB. 1/1. Draw a card when Drow comes into play.

"Very punny..."

And yeah ... irony is a rather difficult thing to deal with. Men still give me funny looks when I ask with a bright grin "Hey, can I play with your deck?" I must have a pronunciation problem or something... ^_^

C

Captain Caveman

Ok,

This seems kind of interesting. I'll probably regret it but
analyze this........

I like to play decks with Deranged hermits, anything that
uses the Echantress draw engine and I also like to copy
other peoples decklist and tune them to my own liking.

Caveman

D

Duel

So, you're a deranged, self-centered, manipulator. AND, you are a klepto in denial?

W

Whimsical

A client! Okay, mister Captain Caveman. Sit down on the nice leather couch and tell me ALL about it...

Deranged Hermits, you say? Awwwww, it's probably nothing major. Just your subconscious desire to express your repressed need for social interaction. That card serves you as a poignant reminder of what'll happen to you if you don't get out of the house sometime within the decade. ^_^

Enchantress decks? Oh-hoh! I see. This tells me you have a weak spot for fragile women who tend to be delusional. But if you'd really like to date witches, I know this friend who ... ahem.

Sit still and stop trying to view my knickers, Mister Captain Caveman! Good boy.

You like to play with other men's decks?! AND tune it to your liking?! Ohhohhohohhoho. This problem is probably self-explanatory, mister Captain Caveman.

To wrap our session up. Look before you club someone over the head, mister Captain Caveman. Remember ... you're aiming to add to the gene pool ... not chlorinate it.

Enjoy!

Z

Zadok001

I dunno, the gene pool could use some chlorine... :)

Hmm... I have this urge to say what kind of decks I like to play... Unfortunately, I can't seem to classify them (Duel, shut up! :) ), I play every type of deck I can. Oh, God... I can see where this is gonna go.

"... playing Nostradamus..."

A

Almindhra

Hey, what about a female who plays Suicide Black? ( I love it, I really do )

W

Whimsical

Oh hello, Mister Zadok sir! Here ... let's see if your predictions are correct. ^_^

Sit down, sit down. A problem you say, Mister Zadok sir? A compulsive urge to play with any deck you see, you say? Oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh. I see. And you say you don't even KNOW what kinds of decks you play around with, hhmmm? Just the urge to play with decks.

Weeelllll, Mister Zadok sir. Men ARE known to play with decks. Most of them though like to play with their own decks. The way you describe your compulsive urge to play with decks though...

My advice is ... use deck protectors. Better safe than sorry, you know. ^_^

Next!

Yes, Miss Almindhra? Oh? A question, you say? What about females who like to play with Suicide Black decks?

Wellllll ... like I pointed out earlier ... Suicide Black decks have a lot of bang for the buck. You must absolutely ADORE the fast and furious pace. I must warn you though that the letdown factor is even worse than Sligh decks.

Lots of explosive action at the start ... just don't be disappointed when the deck fizzles out on you ... most likely when you're just beginning to enjoy yourself...

My advice? Fast and furious is fun at the start ... but slow and steady wins the race too...

'Till next time!

D

Duel

Well, Zadok has this thing for BIG decks...... Compensating, you say? I don't know. Ask Sara.

now, what was it you didn't want me to say?

[Edited for spelling of my girlfriend's name... :) --Zadok001]

Z

Zadok001

Now, now, Duel. You know _exactly_ what I didn't want you to say... :) Unforunately, your lack of common sense seems to have ruined that option. Oh, well. I ask you, what does that say about people who play Godzilla decks? :)