Pop psych analysis of players' decks...

W

Whimsical

Big decks, huh? Interesting... ^_^

Godzilla decks? Hmmmm... I don't have time for a full psycho's therapy session ... so we'll do a quickie (oh, be still my beating heart...). ^_^

Godzilla deck - likes it large, scaly, and really radioactive. Hmmm. Talk about fetishes...

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard

I have this friend, goes by the name godhand3 on the boards, that likes to play with little elf decks that go no where. Whats you diagnosis.

W

Whimsical

Welcome to our irregularly-featured psycho's therapy session! I see we have a client. Sit down, sit down, mister Nodnarb! Relax and tell me all about it...

A friend of yours, you say? Likes to play with little elf decks which seem to go nowhere? Hmmmm.

Perhaps a childhood traumatic experience with Santa Claus did it? I mean, admit it ... having this fat old man crawl down your chimney and go "Ho, ho, ho!" has GOT to be traumatizing at the very least.

Maybe playing with little elf decks is his way of taking revenge on the idea of Santa Claus. By having those decks go nowhere, he feels a form of vindication.

Oh, wait. I can tell from the glazed look on your eyes that this explanation is going nowhere. Let me translate.

Likes to play with little elf decks? Three words...

Dirty.
Old.
Man.

^_^

'Till next time!

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

First: You did a good job on my card Miss Whimsical Ma'am.
Second: My deck for your analysis. I can't put it in a catigory. It is a white and black thing. It has some life gaining, creature removal, only 9 rares, and a little graveyard manipulation. Try and catagorize that one.

G

godhand3

nodnarb24 uses worthless red burn decks with tiny creatures, 2 gorges, and lots of damage spells. I just think he likes to watch things burn....pyro???

P

Plaguelord

What about black T2 discard (not as ruthless as discard utilizing rath cycle and the rack...I loved megrim) and Merc decks?

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

Maybe the doctor will notice the line of misguided magicians outside her office.

C

Cateran Emperor

3 versions:
Weenie rush w/Dark Triumph
Weenie Rush w/Delraich (my personal version)
Life losing mercs w/Highway Robbers and Rathi Fiends

D

Duel

Okay, I'm failry sure I'm leaving myself open, but my best decks are:
Blue/artifact deck, runs on colossus, tinker, and voltaic key.
Red/green deck runs on pandemonium, sneak attack, and big creatures.

Doc, will I ever play the violin again?

S

Sleepy

how about me? i like to play with green and red decks with bolts and apes and stormbind (ive got 1). monkey love in a thundrestorm?

W

Whimsical

Omigod! I'm sorry, guys! <starts pushing her way through the line to get to the office> Really truly sorry! Between helping mister Rancor sir with the Sliver set and trying to come up with the dueling styles for seven different fantasy nations in the campaign I'm playing in ... I've neglected my duties as a shrink. <sob, sob>

The doctor is in! Stop mobbing, please! Everybody draw a number and wait in line ... the Mogg Fanatics will be around shortly to serve you refreshments!

Oh, Mister Pie-Eater sir! Welcome, welcome! I was more than happy to come up with a card for you in the Legends thread. ^_^ You say you have a black and white deck, sir? Ooooohhhhh. At least it isn't black and blue ... if it was, I'd have to recommend you for immediate surgery. As it is... Perhaps the odd coloration of your deck is due to the fact that you can't really decide what to do with it? <gives an impish grin> No advice really ... it's your deck ... if you want it remain that odd color of black and white ... then that's how you want to play with it, no? ^_^

Next!

Oh, Mister Godhand sir! You're here to talk about your friend's deck? You say his deck is red and gorged? Ooooohhhhhhhhh... be still my beating heart. Best tell him to start playing with his deck, pronto! Having a red and gorged deck has GOT to be unhealthy for a man... ^_^

Next!

Welcome, Mister Plaguelord sir! You have a black type II discarder deck, huh? Hmmm... As with any discarder deck, I diagnose you with a heavy streak of generosity. After all, you like to help your opponent to have an empty hand when playing with his deck. ^_^ The type 2 aspect adds too many weenies in the deck though ... believe me, mister Plaguelord sir ... size DOES matter. ^_^

Next!

Mister Cateran Emperor sir! Sit down, sit down. Three decks, huh? From the way you describe them ... like I told mister Plaguelord sir ... size DOES matter. And looking at your third deck ... suicide black kinda sputters out fast. I like the heavy action right from the start ... but a girl needs to enjoy herself too ... ^_^

Next!

Oh, mister Duel sir! Please, sit down. An artificer deck? Toys are nice and dandy, sir ... but you don't really need them to play with your deck. ^_^ I like your second deck though. Lots of havoc, mucho chaos ... and big big creatures. Be still my beating heart ... ^_^ And yes, you'll be able to play the violin again, mister Duel sir.

Next!

Oh, mister Sleepy sir. Would you like a cup of coffee while you tell me about your deck? A red/green Stormbind deck, you say? Hmmm... you not only like to play with your deck ... but you like to play with your hand too. <laughs> Use it but don't abuse it, mister Sleepy sir!

'Till next time!

[Edited by Whimsical on August 25th, 2000 at 04:15 AM]

D

Duel

I'd say you're indecisive. You feel the need to get a life, but whenever you come across a chance, you waste your life to try and stop other people from suceeding.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I'd imagine M-phoenix also has some Pro: Black dudes in there, so his opponent's creatures get sick but his stick around.

Maybe he likes to dish out the pain (and ooze and maggots and stuff), but he doesn't want his own guys to feel it.

Dr. Whimsical, my favorite deck is a R/W controllish deck with Mana Flares, Sacred Mesas, and a couple Shivans.

Bestiality? :eek:

W

Whimsical

"Clinic closed. Doctor is out."

Sorry, guys... But my sense of humor seems to have run out from under me lately ... I'll get to posting on this thread when it decides to come back ... the sooner the better.

[Edited by Whimsical on August 27th, 2000 at 01:30 PM]