Oversoul vs. BigBlue: HIGHLANDER Casual Decks Collide

B

BigBlue

Ransac said:
GO PONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The sad part is I can't even call it a one-trick pony... he can do quite a few tricks...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'll remove another counter to kill the Birds of Paradise, then play a Juggernaut. Done after that.

Oversoul

Life: 20
Cards in Hand: 7
Cards in Library: 45
In Play:
-(T, T, T) Mountain x3
-(T) Shivan Gorge
-(5 counters, equipped to Dwarven Pony) Umezawa's Jitte
-(1/1, T) Dwarven Pony
-(5/3, S) Juggernaut
Graveyard: Strip Mine, Lightning Bolt
RFG:

BigBlue

Life: 14
Cards in Hand: 4
In Play:

{UUUUU} Island x5
[T] Tropical Island

Birds of Paradise (0/1; Flying; T: Add 1 of any color) [dead?]

Graveyard: Prodigal Sorcerer, Citanul Hierophants, Forest, Tradewind Rider
RFG:

B

BigBlue

Mana Leak the 'naut.... Untap, Draw, Island, Done. Sigh. That's game... I never play first, but if I had then I'd have been able to counter the bauble and maybe made a game of it... good match.... well, it wasn't good... I wish I could draw more than a billion lands... but that's ok.

Oversoul

Cards in Hand: 7
In Play:
-(T, T, T) Mountain x3
-(T) Shivan Gorge
-(5 counters, equipped to Dwarven Pony) Umezawa's Jitte
-(1/1, T) Dwarven Pony

Graveyard: Strip Mine, Lightning Bolt, Juggernaut
RFG:

BigBlue

Life: 14
Cards in Hand: 3
Cards in Library: 44
In Play:

{UUUUUU} Island x6
Tropical Island

Graveyard: Prodigal Sorcerer, Citanul Hierophants, Forest, Tradewind Rider, Birds of Paradise, Mana Leak
RFG:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, if you'd countered the Jitte, I'd have been done for. Most of the cards in my hand are white and I STILL haven't seen a white mana source this game. I fully expected to lose after the manascrew persisted, but hadn't counted on even worse luck for you...

Untap, draw, tap a Mountain for Sol Ring, attack with the Pony and remove three counters from Jitte to pump the Pony for +6/+6. If you have no responses, I'm done.

Oversoul

Cards in Hand: 6
In Play:
-(U, U, T) Mountain x3
-(U) Shivan Gorge
-(2 counters, equipped to Dwarven Pony) Umezawa's Jitte
-(1/1, T) Dwarven Pony
-(U) Sol Ring
Graveyard: Strip Mine, Lightning Bolt, Juggernaut
RFG:

BigBlue

Life: 14 (7?)
Cards in Hand: 3
In Play:

{UUUUUU} Island x6
Tropical Island

Graveyard: Prodigal Sorcerer, Citanul Hierophants, Forest, Tradewind Rider, Birds of Paradise, Mana Leak
RFG:

B

BigBlue

I'm done... I have a craw giant I'll never see 4 forests for... a deflection - but with the jitte you never needed to try to burn my creatures... a counterspell - for no purpose whatsoever... and Seton's Desire - which I don't have any desire for...

And 3 more lands coming up til I finally get a creeping mold... I hate that this deck was beat by artifacts twice - when it has 3 disenchant type spells... each time the mold was just out of reach...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Haha, Dwarven Pony is overpowered. Anyone remember how these decks came about? It looks like they were collaborative works, but I just stumbled on this old thread and don't remember these decks at all.