the "Let's build a Deck together" game...

B

BigBlue

The rules are simple... it should be a viable deck with a reasonable chance of at least being fun to play... Also it should be "casual" but Vintage legal. Also stay away from the Power 9... Each reply get's to pick one card to add. Basic lands will be added later... Post with a Quoted reply adding your card with your handle...

I will go old school and start the deck off with an easy staple:

(Red)

(Green)

(White)

(Blue)

(Black)

(Gold)

(Artifact)
Sol Ring - BigBlue

(Land)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Hope I'm doing this right. For some reason, I'm tempted to sabotoge this and add something like Snowfall, but I'm a nice person and will resist such urges.

It's also tempting to get the ball rolling and add some card that the deck would have to be built around. But I won't do that either. Instead I'll throw in another classic staple and give this deck what will probably be one of its primary colors...

(Red)

(Green)

(White)
Land Tax

(Blue)

(Black)

(Gold)

(Artifact)
Sol Ring - BigBlue

(Land)

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Lessee if I get this right...I'll add something to work with the Land Tax:

(Red)

(Green)

(White)
Land Tax - Oversoul

(Blue)

(Black)

(Gold)

(Artifact)
Sol Ring - BigBlue
Zuran Orb - TomB

(Land)

L

Limited

Is it supposed to become a Highlander deck? Anyway, to stay within the You-got-more-lands-than-me-and-that-isn't-fair:

(Red)

(Green)

(White)
Land Tax - Oversoul
Oath of Lieges - Limited
(Blue)

(Black)

(Gold)

(Artifact)
Sol Ring - BigBlue
Zuran Orb - TomB

(Land)

G

Gizmo

2x Land Tax? It should have stayed Highlander if you ask me, would have been more fun. What's the point in returning 4 times to post 'Academy Rector'

Anyway... I add another Rector, thats a strong toolbox card to pull the highlanderyness together. Somebody get some Pattern Of Rebirths in.

(Red)

(Green)

(White)
Land Tax - Oversoul
Land Tax - Oversoul
Oath of Lieges - Limited
Academy Rector - Spidey
Academy Rector - MagicDave
(Blue)
Force of Will - Killer Joe
Boomerang - Mooseman
(Black)

(Gold)

(Artifact)
Scroll Rack - Mikeymike
Sol Ring - BigBlue
Zuran Orb - TomB

(Land)

B

BigBlue

(Originally I was thinking Highlander and was going to start with Eye of Singularity... but then I didn't want to limit it...)

Well, I think we need an Enlightened Tutor then... And without the oath, I was thinking more limited resources...

(Red)

(Green)

(White)
Land Tax x2 - Oversoul x2
Oath of Lieges - Limited
Academy Rector x2 - Spidey, Gizmo
Enlightened Tutor - BigBlue

(Blue)
Boomerang - Mooseman

(Black)

(Gold)

(Artifact)
Scroll Rack - Mikeymike
Sol Ring - BigBlue
Zuran Orb - TomB

(Land)
Plains - Turgy22

turgy22

Nothing Special
Man, I'm an idiot. I totally missed your comment about adding basic lands later. Thanks for including my Plains, anyway, BB. Now for a more serious inclusion:

2x Academy Rector = big, fun enchantments! My first thought was actually Battle of Wits, but then this exercise would take forever.

(Red)

(Green)

(White)
Oath of Lieges - Limited

(Blue)
Boomerang - Mooseman
Day of the Dragons - Turgy22

(Black)

(Gold)

(Artifact)
Scroll Rack - Mikeymike
Sol Ring - BigBlue
Zuran Orb - TomB

(Land)
Plains - Turgy22

B

BigBlue

As an update... I think once we hit 30 cards, you can either add a card or remove another card (but only if there are 30 cards - not counting the plains... :D )

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I guess TomB and Gizmo posted around the same time. I'll add TomB's Tundra back onto the list.

Okay, I guess I shouldn't have added another Land Tax. The original post didn't specify highlander and I had no reason to assume that it was. I didn't mean to rain on anyone's parade and should have just asked if we wanted this to be highlander or not, rather than adding a second copy of a card.

And are we really going to just keep adding the manabase this way? If adding multiple copies of cards will be boring, adding over a dozen basic lands is going to be just as bad. In case we are, I'd better add to the manabase as well...

Island.

(Red)

(Green)

(White)
Balance - Gizmo
Oath of Lieges - Limited

(Blue)
Boomerang - Mooseman

(Black)

(Gold)

(Artifact)
Scroll Rack - Mikeymike
Sol Ring - BigBlue
Zuran Orb - TomB

(Land)
Plains - Turgy22
Tundra - TomB
Island - Oversoul

B

BigBlue

I said we'd add basic lands later... If you care to revise those choices, please do so...

Also, I'm doing another cleanup since again 2 people posted close to one another...

(Red)

(Green)

(White)
Balance - Gizmo
Oath of Lieges - Limited
Decree of Justice - Mooseman

(Blue)
Boomerang - Mooseman

(Black)

(Gold)

(Artifact)
Scroll Rack - Mikeymike
Sol Ring - BigBlue
Zuran Orb - TomB

(Land)
Plains - Turgy22
Tundra - TomB
Island - Oversoul

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Alright. I won't bring up the question of basic lands again until the deck has around 35 nonland cards. At that point, the nature of what the manabase should look like ought to be apparent.