The Next Build a Deck Together Deck...

Which Two Color Deck is the "Hardest" to build?

• Black/Blue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black/White

• Black/Green

• Black/Red

• Blue/White

• Blue/Green

• Blue/Red

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • White/Green

• White/Red

• Green/Red

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B

BigBlue

Begins with a poll... I listed all color combinations, though quite a few of them are obviously not the choice imho...

I thought we could challenge ourselves to build a "hard" deck... the poll is set to close in 7 days...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
This looks like fun, too! I'll have to make a list of all of the "casual" cards that I can think of. heh-heh-heh.

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

BigBlue

Maybe it's because I'm a Blue player.... but Blue White doesn't seem so hard.... they work great as a Stasis deck... I was torn between Blue/Green and Blue/Red... I have a Blue/Green Deck... but it's a gimmick deck (Intruder Alarm/Tim)... What makes Blue tough I think is that the better spells are multi-blue mana... and I've never owned many duals (I have 11 - one each in my set and 1 extra Badlands)...

N

Nightstalkers

Don't expect me to be around these threads too much... I don't build decks anymore unless it's something that just has to be done... Like the deck that has no creatures... or the deck that has no lands.

D

DarthFerret

I have to go with the Blue Green theory (which I voted for). I guess I am just too much of an old school type player, but I have 4 Conversions that I throw into any R/W deck, and that helps the mana flow so smoothly (plus can be a kicker to about 1/5 of your opponents). The combination of healing and direct damage has hurt many of the people I play with. Other than a nasty B/U/G deck I built with Prodigal sorcerers, Instill Energys and Norrits, I have not had much success with G/U. I think it would be especially hard if it was a Highlander deck.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I voted for red/white. Just seems harder to build synergy with those colors, to me. I've failed in my personal endeavors.

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

BigBlue

I've never done a RW either... I thought one up once... but never actually got around to building it... as you say, not seemingly much synergy...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
None of them strike me as difficult, but white/red seems the least easy. Blue goes well with generally everything, and green tends to have mana fixers to support two-color decks. It seems a tossup between black/white and red/white. I'll go with red/white.

Z

Zigathon

Oversoul said:
None of them strike me as difficult, but white/red seems the least easy. Blue goes well with generally everything, and green tends to have mana fixers to support two-color decks. It seems a tossup between black/white and red/white. I'll go with red/white.
And I go with Black/White.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
This is interesting. Of course, there's no right or wrong answer. But it mostly boils down to past experience and which colors you're most comfortable working with. When I think of blue/red, I think of excellent decks like Counterburn, Counterphoenix, U/R Landstill, U/R Ophidian, U/R Slaver, and the unbelievably cool Blood Oath deck that completely trounced me in a multiplayer game when I was about to seal my own victory (Sunder + Blood Oath = I lose). When I think of blue/green, I think of Oath, Madness, and a host of U/G control decks I've faced over the years.

But reading what BigBlue and Darthferret wrote, I see that their experiences are different.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's either R/W or R/U, with the latter taking the nod for me. I think R/W got a bit easier with the Boros guild, from what I've read about it.

I would also like to suggest that there be one submission to the deck by a person per day. It might take a little longer but it "helps" prevent multiple choices by one person in a day that kind of skews the deck to their idea of what it should be. If we don't like it, we can throw it out next time, but I'd like to give it a try for this one...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman said:
I would also like to suggest that there be one submission to the deck by a person per day. It might take a little longer but it "helps" prevent multiple choices by one person in a day that kind of skews the deck to their idea of what it should be. If we don't like it, we can throw it out next time, but I'd like to give it a try for this one...
I think that's a good idea. Previously, I didn't know how often to add a card, so I'd do so after it seemed that a sufficient number of posts had been made on the thread. It was a less consistent method. The once a day thing standardizes things.

L

Limited

BW because of mana requirements..
(I've noticed that better cards in these colors always at least have two colored mana in the casting cost.. or at least I am left with that impression ;) )

Z

Zigathon

I think I'm going to have to agree with you about double colored mana symbols, Limited. However, B/W also have a lot of similar abilities, so the synergy in deck building is quite easy to see and combine.