New Card Ideas

I

Istanbul

Mute is good.
ALL the dragons except Pearl (already made) and Hill (oh look, another Shivan) are uber-broken.
The trolls are strong, potentially broken. Should cost more.

D

Duster

How about...?

Turn and Fire RR
Instant
Untap target creature, it gains First Strike until end of turn.

"When I count 3, fire! 1...2...4! Er 3!" Pab, Goblin Liege

Binge XUU
Instant
Play ~this~ only during an opponent's turn.
Target player must tap X lands and add colorless mana to his or her mana pool for each land tapped in this way. If that player does not spend all mana generated in this way by the end of his or her turn, he or she loses X life, but does not take damage from mana burn.

"Make him eat his words." - Reigh, Psychemage

Pulled Punches 2W
Sorcery
You may choose not to declare an attack this turn, if you do so, opponent cannot declare an attack during his or her next turn.

"Whoever said the best offense is a good defense was out of his mind. The best offense is no offense!" - Kaiyer, Pacifist Priestess

Sutures B
Instant
You may pay 1 life instead of paying Sutures mana cost.
Regenerate target creature. Put a -1/-1 counter on that creature.

"What we need now is efficiency, not quality." Koval, Heartshade

One Fell Swoop 1BB
Sorcery
Destroy all creatures in play.
Each player may pay 2 per creature to prevent that creature from being destroyed this way.

"Will Koval never again see the reason he once followed? His wake of destruction saddens the clergy." - Kaiyer, Pacifist Priestess

Leverage GG
Instant
All creatures you control get +1/+0 until end of turn.
All creatures target opponent controls get -1/+0 until end of turn.

"An advantage is an advantage, I'll take whatever I can get" - Fotinde, Elvish Warrior Lieutenant

Most of these aren't too great, but it's late
And I have so many more...
D

F

FoundationOfRancor

One Fell Swoop 1BB
Sorcery
Each player may pay 2 per creature to prevent that creature from being destroyed this way.

"Will Koval never again see the reason he once followed? His wake of destruction saddens the clergy." - Kaiyer, Pacifist Priestess

-I like this card, but I think it should be, pay 2 or 2 life.

L

Lythand

FOR... I like that card. I think it should be pay 2 life and also to make it on the level with Wrath of God it should be 2BB

D

Duster

I made it 1BB because of it's drawback, there's no way around Wrath of God, but there is a way around this, hence the one less colorless mana.

I dig the 2 or 2 life idea though.
Thanks guys.

F

Fire Slinger

I changed the abilty on the trolls to only +0/+1 and +1/+0. Maybe the will help.

Walnut Tree Grove
1G
Enchant Land
Sacrifice enchanted land: All squirrels get +2/+2 until end of turn.

Desperation
UU
Instant
You may pay 3 life instead of paying Despiraton's casting cost.
Counter target spell.
Suffering now is better than dying later.

Seagull
U
Summon-Bird
Flying
1/1

Master Wizard
1UUU
Summon-Wizard
T: Master Wizard deals 1 damage to any creature or player. This ability is not considered targeted.
1/2

I guess the dragons should be 4/4 even though they have an upkeep of 4. Dont forget Child of Gaea is a 6cc 7/7 trample, regenerate with an upkeep of 2.

[Edited by Fire Slinger on June 22nd, 2000 at 07:17 PM]

F

FoundationOfRancor

Desperation
UU
Instant
You may pay 3 life instead of paying Despiraton's casting cost.
Counter target spell.
Suffering now is better than dying later.

- Make life pay more or this card is BROKEN!!!!

F

Fire Slinger

How about 4 life? Dont want to have to pay to much life or the card would be pointless. Using it to counter a Reckless Abondon? I dont think so.

F

Fire Slinger

Sea Snake
2G
Summon-Snake
Protection from blue
While Sea Snake is being cast, it cannot be countered
2/1

Just a smaller version of the Scragnoth.

Recharge
1UU
Instant
Counter target spell.
Gain 2 life.

Confuse
2U
Instant
You may return 2 Islands to your hand instead of paying Confuse's casting cost.
Counter target spell unless it controller pays 3.

Book of Life
Artifact
2 T: Sacrifice. Gain 3 life.
When Book of Life is put into your graveyard from play, you may pay 2 to shuffle it back into your library.

[Edited by Fire Slinger on June 22nd, 2000 at 09:18 PM]

F

Fire Slinger

Book of Fire
Artifact
2 T: Sacrifice. Book of Fire deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
When Book of Fire is put into graveyard from play, you may 2 to shuffle it back into your library.

Book of Death
Artifact
2 T: Sacrifice. Destroy target nonblack, nonartifact creature.
When Book of Death is put into your graveyard from play, you may pay 2 to shuffle it back into your library.

Book of Rage
Artifact
2 T: Sacrifice. Target creature you control get +3/+3 until end of turn.
When Book of Rage is put into your graveyard from play, you may pay 2 to shuffle it back into your library.

Book of Knowledge
Artifact
2 T: Sacrifice. Draw a card.
When Book of Knowledge is put into your graveyard from play, you may pay 2 to shuffle it back into your library.

M

Multani

Tag Guard

All counterspells need to be interrupts.
Also, I don't see the point of paying life for a 2cc counterspell. :(

F

Fire Slinger

All interrupts were changed to instants in 6th ed.

You pay the life for the counterspell if you are tapped out or on the first turn. Otherwise its just like a regular Counterspell.

D

Duster

There's no such thing as an Interrupt anymore. Everything's an Instant. I think that was a 6th edition rule change?

Anyway,

The Desperation counterspell should cost about 2UU, Multani's got a point, there's no point paying life when it's just a normal counterspell cost. Losing 4 life instead of 3 might be better too.

The Recharge counterspell is great, maybe one more mana though, a casting cost of 2UU? I mean you are countering a spell AND gaining life.

I dunno about Confuse, something's bothering me about it, like it doesn't fit, maybe it's because it's so close to Thwart?

F

Fire Slinger

Wall of ????
Summon-Wall
Use only black or red on to cast Wall of ????.
Can block any number of rebels.
Can only block one non-Rebel creature.
All damage dealt to Wall of ???? by Rebels is reduced to zero.
Cannot be the target of white spells or abilities.
0/6

Cheetah
WW
Summon-Cat
Plainswalk
Haste
2/1

Jaguar
GG
Summon-Cat
Forestwalk
First Strike
2/1

Savvanah Goblin
RR
Protection from white
Plainswalk
1/1

Despiration is a counter that just because it has an acc doesn't mean has to be overcosted. Maybe 1UU then.

Confuse is the acc counter that they should of printed. Its in between a Daze and Thwart

[Edited by Fire Slinger on June 22nd, 2000 at 10:01 PM]

M

Multani

Tag Guard

No more interrupts!!!!! :mad:
Is WOTC out of it's collective mind?!!!!!!!
Someone better have a damn good excuse for this! :mad:
P.S. I seem to be very pissed off recently. The reason still
eludes me.... :D

F

Fire Slinger

I think they stop making Inturrupts in order to make the rules just a little simipler. (yeah right)

F

FoundationOfRancor

Alot of these cards are too powerful. When making a card look at cards like it and they will tell u how much your card should cost. AS for the 1BB wrath of god, I think it shoudl read:

Card Name 1BB
Sorcery
Destroy all cretures unless there controller pays 2 or 2 life for each creature.

A fun twist would to make it cost 1BBB and be a instant.

F

FoundationOfRancor

One Fell Swoop BBB
Instant
Each player may pay 2 or 2 life per creature to prevent that creature from being destroyed this way. Cretures cannot regenerate.

or 3B. or 2BB. or 1BBB. Thoughts?

D

Duster

I'm sticking with a 1BB or BBB casting cost for One Fell Swoop. I mean there's a drawback compared to Wrath of God, I think one less mana for that is worth it.