Shady Milkman 1WB
Creature - Milkman
2/1
T: Gain 1 life.
T: Add BB to your mana pool.
"No, really...have a drink."

Brutal Honey 1RG
Instant
Choose one: either Brutal Honey deals 4 damage to target creature or player, or put a +1/+1 counter on 4 different creatures.
"Hurts so good!"

Unholy Cumulus 1BU
Creature - Cloud
1/1
Flying
1: Add B or U to your mana pool.
"Heh heh heh..."

Orange Monk 1WG
Creature - Monk
0/1
3: Put a +1/+1 counter on Orange Monk. If Orange Monk ever has more than four of these counters on it, sacrifice Orange Monk.
"Mmmmmm...juicy."

L

Lythand

If you think about it..its really not a draw back. For 3 mana and destroy a creature YOU MAY pay 2 life to keep your creatures. So if you didnt want to, its just a Wrath of god for 3 instead of 4. If it said You MUST pay 2 life for each creature destroyes, then that would be a draw back for the 3 mana cost, but in your terms its better than wrath of god.

Just my opinion..but hey..maybe my opinion sucks :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, I had to chuckle...

Multani, where have you been? 6th has been out for how long now? A year and a half? You do know the other changes that 6th has wrought, yes? I'm not trying to be sarcastic or insulting, I'm just genuinely wondering how this has escaped you...

Fire Slinger: I seem to remember an artifact reducing generic activation costs by at least 1 mana, maybe two (Thran Turbine comes to mind but I think there's another one). If someone else can verify this and if they exist, you might want to reconsider your "Book" series and see if they're not too strong then (as in getting a "free" effect).

F

FoundationOfRancor

Shady Milkman 1WB
Creature - Milkman
2/1
T: Gain 1 life.
T: Add BB to your mana pool.
"No, really...have a drink."

HE HAS BEEN MADE!!!! YES!@

About one fell swoop, make it BBB. Non splashalbe.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Mute 1U
Instant

Target tapped permanent you control does not untap during your next untap step.
Counter Target Spell.

"Draw from the power of your own spells to remove power from your opponent's."

THis card should cost 1UU at least. If not, then its ALOT better than a normal counterspell, and I refuse to let counterspell be outdated.I would make it cost 2UU or even 1UUU.

F

Fire Slinger

Your right. Theres the Thran Turbine that adds 2 colorless mana that cannot be used to cast spells. I guess the Book series should have a 3 or 4 activation cost.

F

Fire Slinger

I think One Fell Swoop should have a 4cc or 5cc casting cost. Did everybody forget that black has Dark Ritual, Culling of the Weak, Phyrexian Tower, etc.?

L

Lythand

Heartstone reduced the activation cost of creature abilities.

Power Artifact was an enchantment that reduced the avtivation cost of artifacts. Hence the Power Monolith (Grim Monolith and Power artifact) for infinite mana was devised.

And then there is helm of awakening with reduced the casting cost of all spells by one.

And there are the five diferent color medalions which reduced the casting cost of the spells according to the color the medalion worked for. Example the ruby medalion worked to reduce the cost of red spells.

Well hope this helps

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, it must be Power Artifact that I was thinking of since it and Thran Turbine seem to apply to Fire Slinger's "Book" series.

M

Multani

Tag Guard

Here's another Multani card.

2GG
Multani's Treetrunk
Enchantment
2GG: Put a +2/+2 counter on target creature.

"Smash! Smash! Smash! All those who oppose me will meet the wrath of my treetrunk."

-Multani, Maro-Sorcerer

Spidy: Actually I have only a few 6th Edition cards.
I have bought no packs or starters.
THAT is why I'm unfamiliar with 6th.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Huh. I'm just pondering here... I would have thought that the rule changes (stack, combat, damage, interrupts to instants) would have come up even if you haven't bought any of the cards; they're sort of independent of each other (most of the older cards have been errata'd to fit under 6th). But whatever... no biggie.

F

Fire Slinger

Active Powerstone
Artifact
T: Add 2 colorless mana to your mana pool.

Why cant WOTC make a card like this?? I dont see whats wrong with it. Instead they make Worn Powerstone that cost 3 AND comes into play tapped. Why!!!. They need to make this card or reprint Sol Ring in 7th ed. which is a good idea to.

I

Istanbul

Sol Ring was among the first cards to be restricted for a REASON. During my first turn, I can play a land, then play a Sol Ring. Then, next turn, I can play a land and have four mana available on my second turn. It's one mana for two permanent mana, and that's blatantly broken. Eladamri's Vineyard wasn't broken because it was GG and not 2, and you got it whether you wanted it or not. Worn Powerstone is normal because of its predecessor.

Sisay's Ring 4
Artifact
T: Add 2 to your mana pool.

Worn Powerstone 3
Artifact
Worn Powerstone comes into play tapped.

Still, I think Sisay's Ring is kinda weak, but your card is kinda strong. So here's a compromise:

Flickering Powerstone 3
Artifact

or....

Flickering Powerstone 2
Artifact
Flickering Powerstone comes into play tapped.

F

Fire Slinger

True, true. I still like Sol Ring though. How about

Flickering Powerstone
Artifact
Flickering Powerstone doesn't untap during your untap phase.
3: Untap Flickering Powerstone.

Just like a Monolith only everything is smaller.

The problem is I need something like this for my Blue deck. I dont want to use the Monoliths because most of the stuff I need it for costs something like 2U. And because Worn Powerstones cost 3 and come into play tapped, they really screw me over. By the way the deck is Type 2.

L

Lythand

Fire Slinger.

If your Flickering powerstone where printed it woulfd have to be IMMEDIATLY restricted. For the same reason as Grim Monolith. It can be used with the combo of Power artifact and produce INFINITE mana. Thats why its restricted in type 1.

F

Fire Slinger

how about this.

Flickering Powerstone
Artifact
Flickering Powerstone doesn't untap during your untap phase.
Cannot be the target blue spells or abilites.
3: Untap Flickering Powerstone

That way you can still use Voltaic Key, but not Power Artifact, Turnabout, etc.

L

Lythand

Thats not to bad of an Idea, but to make it just resistant to blue might seem to be unfair. Maybe if it where untargetable by any speels or effects, of course then it wouldnt work with the voltaic key.

F

Fire Slinger

I guess its one to think about.This next card is most likely broken, but I wanted to post it anyway.

Thran Mana Rig
UUUUUU
Enchantment
Artifacts can be play as instants.
During your upkeep, sacrifice a noncreature artifact or sacrifice Urza's Desire and lose 10 life. This loss of life cannot be prevented or redirected.

I dont know, what do I think?

F

FoundationOfRancor

Flickering Powerstone 1
T: add 2 to pool
3: Untap
Doesent untap during phase
Cant be the target of spells

Ok?