New Card Ideas

L

Lythand

I understand what you are saying now..good point..Hey! I was just trying..heheheh..anyway I still think the card is good even if its not actually cycling

L

Lythand

One other note.. Since dark ritual has been banned in extended..fluctuator isnt banned anymore

C

Chaos Turtle

It's a fine card idea, Lythand. I would make it blue, with the same cost as Mental Discipline, minus 1.

Was Fluctuator ever banned in Extended? I don't remember. It wasn't unbanned when Ritual was banned though, so if it was banned at some point it was unbanned before Ritual was banned.

L

Lythand

Thanks C.T.
Not sure i know what mental diciplin is..I probably skipped right over it

Y

Y The Alien

I have WAAAAY too may card ideas to list here. I posted 3 lists on mtgnews.com, check those out.

Urza, Artificer 3UR
Summon Legend
XUR: Search your library for an artifact card ith casting cost equal to X and add it to your hand.
2/3

Pre-planeswalker Urza.

Impenetrable Barrier 3UU
Enchantment
Fading 2
Creatures cannot attack.

Emergency Tutor R
Instant
Search your library for a card and add it to your hand. At the end of this turn, you lose the game.

L

Lythand

Here is another card I want to submit. I know its silly and probably wont be made but I was drinking and thought.."that would be a funny card" Ok Here it is

Micheal Buffer
G4
Summon Ledgend
1/1
T: Micheal Buffer's controler stands up and shouts" LETS GET READY TO RUMMMMMMMMMMBLLLEEEEEEEE!!!! All creatures get +1/+1 and trample till the end of turn.

"For the thousands gathered here tonight, and the Millions watching around the world....." -Micheal Buffer

Yea I know its goofy. But its just for fun..heheheehe

Maybe even the next Unglued ledgend?

C

Captain Caveman

Spiderman,

I never have played the game your refering to. I got the
card text from the TV show. I think it was in the mid 80's.
The title character used to say it, every once in awhile,
before he morphed into the Incredible Hulk.

Caveman

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Capt. Caveman: Oh, then the game probably took it from there. It was a goofy Superhero pinball game where one of the villains said it everytime the pinball hit him.

C

Captain Caveman

I had brain fart today and came up with this. Tell me what
you think.

Well of Souls
Artifact

At the beginning of each players upkeep, if that player has
more life than any other, they may draw a card.

Caveman

L

Lythand

Cave man I like that card myself.

But you need its counterpart.

Well of hope
Artifact

At the beginning of each players upkeep, if that player has less life then target opponant, draw a card.

S

Seeker of Truth

Lythand and Captain Caveman:

Your ideas are interesting, but I wonder if they're too powerful? You have your artifacts set to work during each player's upkeep, which allows a person with the life lead (or deficit, but I think the life lead one is more powerful) to draw a card every upkeep. This would be killer in a stompy deck, designed to deal damage early. Stompy isn't supposed to be able to draw lots of cards (it's one of the inherent weaknesses of stompy and Sligh), so a card that offsets this weakness would make stompy incredibly powerful.

L

Lythand

What if we add a draw back to the well of hope card. Like after drawing a card they have to choose and discard a card.

Or is there any sugestions?

Anyone?

C

Chaos Turtle

According to the posted wording of Well of Hope, its controller is the only one whe ever draws a card, during the upkeep of the player with the most life.

L

Lythand

C.T. the wording for well of hope says:
At the beginning of each players upkeep, if that player has less life then target opponant, draw a card.

Meaning anyone with life less than another player can draw a card. Essentialy in a multiplayer game, the person with the highest life total will not draw a card while everyone else does.

Y

Y The Alien

Tag Guard

At the beginning of each players upkeep, if that player has less life then target opponent, draw a card.

That part, since it does not say " that player draws a card", is in reference to the controller of the card only. And since it also includes the phrase "target opponent" and not "that player's opponent", the only one who could even play it's effect woud be you.

Well of Hope 3
Artifact
During each player's upkeep, if that player has less life than their opponent, they may draw a card.

Much better. Doesn't target anyone, and lets multiplayer games be very fun.

C

Captain Caveman

Lythand:
I like your Well card.

Seeker:
I reguards to the "to powerful concern":)Below is a possible
rewording of each Well(Lythand, just a thought)card for
everyone to consider.

Well of Souls
Artifact
At the end of each players turn, if that player has more
life than any other, they may draw a card.

Well of Hope
Artifact
At the end of each players turn, if that player has less
life than any other, they may draw a card.

Multi-player Broken Versions:

Well of Souls
Artifact
At the end of each players turn, the player with the most
life, may draw a card.

Well of Hope
Artifact
At the end of each players turn, the player with the least
life, may draw a card.

The rewording of the first two should make them a little
less powerful. I do like these ideas though. If we ever
make a small CPA expansion maybe we could squeeze them in.

Caveman

L

Lythand

Is the Casualties of war set been completed yet, or is it still being worked on

D

Duster

What's a good set without walls?
Some of the names and whatnot may have been done already, so bear with me...

Black
Vile Wall (Uncommon)
Creature - Wall
2B
BB, Tap: Sacrifice Vile Wall to destroy target land. Play this ability only when Vile Wall is declared as a blocker.
1/4

Wall of Death (Common, Holy cheesy name Batman!)
Creature - Wall
2BB
If a creature is put into it's owner's graveyard after being dealt damage by Wall of Death, Wall of Death gets a +1/+1 counter.
1/2

Blue
Artificial Wall (Uncommon)
Creature - Wall
UU
U, Tap: Sacrifice artificial wall to return target attacking creature to it's owner's hand. Play this ability only when Artifical Wall is declared as a blocker.
0/2

Wall of Steam (Common)
Creature - Wall
2U
R: Wall of Steam gets +3/+0 and first strike until end of turn, play this ability only once each turn.
1/5

Green
Ironoak Wall (Uncommon)
Creature - Wall
2GG
Tap: Sacrifice Ironoak Wall to add GG to your mana pool. Play this ability only when Ironoak Wall is declared as a blocker.
2/5

Wall of Life (Common, and another cheesy name!)
Creature - Wall
GG
Tap up to 2 creatures you control. Wall of life gets +0/+X until end of turn, where X is the combined toughness of the creatures tapped in this way.
0/3

Red
Exploding Wall (Uncommon)
Creature - Wall
RR
RR, Tap: Sacrifice Exploding Wall to deal 3 damage to target creature or player. Play this ability only when Exploding Wall is declared as a blocker.
1/2

Wall of Breath (Common)
Creature - Wall
2R
RR, Tap: Wall of Breath gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
1/4

White
Glass Wall (Uncommon)
1W
W, Tap: Sacrifice Glass Wall to prevent all damage that would be dealt this turn. Play this ability only when Glass Wall is declared as a blocker.
0/3

Glittering Wall (Common)
2WW
W, Tap: Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Glittering Wall this turn.
0/6

And how about this for a new mechanic? While not exactly worthwhile in the beginning, it can prove to be pretty effective.

Slow

KInd of the opposite of Haste, the creature would have summoning sickness for 2 turns instead of 1.

eg.

Portly Mage
Creature - Mage
UU
Slow
Tap: Portly Mage deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
1/2

"The Portly Mage's girth brought him slowly to the battlefront, but once there he proved his effectiveness."

And if this post couldn't get any longer...
Songs for each color...

Black
Song of Hatred (Rare)
BB
Enchantment
BB: Sacrifice a land to destroy target land.

Blue
Song of Whimsy (Rare)
UU
Enchanment
UU: Discard 2 cards and remove them from the game to counter target spell.

Green
Song of Friviloty (Rare)
GG
Enchantment
GG: Pay 2 life to give all creatures you control +2/+2 until end of turn.

Red
Song of Destruction (Rare)
RR
Enchantment
RR: Deal 3 damage to all players.

White
Song of Harmony (Rare)
WW
Enchantment
WW: Tap target creature you control to gain 2 life.

And that's it for now, and I have plenty more ideas... I don't think anything's broken, it's hard to have a broken wall right? I tried to balance the songs, but I'm not sure if I over or under did it. Sorry for being so long...

D