New Card Ideas

X

XDanish

The cards reads.....all creatures in it's OWNERS graveyard. Sorry if I caused a hastle, I was just trying to get my point across and I thought these cards were viable...and so what if Thunderspirit was broken...people still use it, and it wasn't banned so why not use my card?

X

XDanish

Sengir Angel-4BW
Creature- Vampire Angel Legend
4/4
Attacking Doesn't cause Sengir Angel to Tap.
Put a +1/+1 counter on Sengir Angel for each creature put to the graveyard the same turn Sengir Angel damaged it.

------------------------------------------------------------

Warrior Geddon, The Renewer-3WW
Creature-Spellshaper Legend
3/3
3W,Tap: Discard two cards from your hand, destroy all lands.

------------------------------------------------------------

Xterra, Keeper of the Crypt-3RR
Creature-Minion
*/*
Xterra, Keeper of the Crypt has power and toughness equal to the number of lands in all graveyards.
When Xterra, Keeper of the Crypt comes into play sacrifice all but 3 lands you control.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure XDanish was looking for some constructive criticism, Istanbul, just as I know you've been looking at WAY too many broken cards in this thread here. I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it.

I made the same mistake Istanbul did when I first saw Nightstalker, but since it only counts it's controller's graveyard for the P/T I think it might be OK. I'd raise the CC of the White flyer to WW though, and it'd still be a very strong card. He's right about the dragon and the Helix too, though I disagree on the comment he made about how the flying ability is out of flavor for Red.

It is, but not when you're talking about dragons! ;)

I'm not sure I agree with all his reasoning (using Hill Giant for a model?), but he does make several valid points. Personally, I'd cost him the same as the Avatar (6RR) and make him tap to use his special ability. I'd also have the Helix lose it's own untargetability, and lower the CC to 4, and then I'd say it'd work too.

The newer cards you submitted here aren't too bad. I like the first 2, though I liked Warrior Geddon's original name better ;). I think you should take away the Crypt Keeper's CIP ability though. I think that makes it WAY TOO TOUGH!

IMHO. :D

X

XDanish

I thank you for your positive feeback....what do you mean by the Keeper's CIP ability? Sorry, I'm new to magic, been playing for 6 months and am not really clear about that. I was just trying to make some cool cards that people would use in the set. Thanks anyways!!

C

Cateran Overlord

CIP means "Comes Into Play", so in this case the sacrificing all but 3 lands you control.

C

Chaos Turtle

I don't have a big problem with Lightning Spirit's mana cost, but I'd go with WW just because I think that blue should get the 1U 2/1 fliers. I don't like the name, though, for a white card.

Keeping in mind that Shivan Dragon is 4RR with an ability not nearly as good as this one, and is 5/5; and that Lava Axe is a sorcery (costing 4R) that can only target players, and that I like to change the names of cards just cuz... ;)

Axe Dragon
Creature - Dragon
5RRR
6/6
Flying
2RRR, Tap: Axe Dragon deals 5 damage to target player. Play this ability only when you could play a sorcery.
If you want the ability to cost 4R, then add "discard a card" to the cost and call it a dragon spellshaper.

Malfurgan Nightstalker
Creature - Nightstalker
4B
*/*
First Strike
Malfurgan Nightstalker has power and toughness equal to the number of creature cards in your graveyard.
Revenant costs 4B, with flying. I'm going to go along with that, even though I don't think first strike is worth quite as much mana as flying.

Don't even think about that Power Helix thingie.

Xterra is good, but should be a guardian or something, since crypts and minions are normally black. It should also be a Legend if you want to give it a name and a title.

I suggest:
Xterra Guardian
Creature - Guardian
3RR
*/*
When Xterra Guardian comes into play, sacrifice all but three lands you control.
Xterra Guardian has power and tougness equal to the number of land cards in all players' graveyards.

L

Lythand

Ok..I am open for critisim on this one. But I liked the Idea after thinking about it.

Sengire Vampire Dragon
BBB4
Summon Dragon
2/2
BBB:First Strike
Can only block creatures with flying.
When Sengire Vampire Dragon successfully destroys a creature, put a +1/+1 counter on it.

"The undead dragon was weak and frail summoned from the pits of hell, But as it would eat it would grow to be a horrifying monstrisity"
- Urza to his new pupils.

M

Mikeymike

Gaea's Stupidity
2GGG
Enchantment
GGG: Target creature you control can't be the target of spells or abilities.
GG: Target creature you do not control can't be the target of spells or abilities.

Death Wave
4RRRR
Sorcery
Deals X damage divided however you choose where X equals the amount of lands all Opponents control.

Istanbul--I like the new Crovax, he works perfectly with the his abilities from the novel, and he's not especially overpowered (he's a Legend, give it to him)

S

seveninchcowboy

Crovax, Evincar of Rath 3BBB
Creature - Vampire Legend
BB(B): Target creature gets -0/-1 until end of turn, Crovax gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
B: Crovax gains flying until end of turn.
4/4 (maybe 4/3 or 3/3)
i don't think it's broken especially if it went with the BBB activation cost instead of just 2

F

Fire Slinger

Nature's Prayer
Enchantment
Each ability can only be used twice a turn.
1: Prevent 1 damage to target creature.
B: Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.
U: Target creature gains flying until end of turn.
G: Target creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
R: Target creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
W: Target creature gets +0/+2 until end of turn.

Backfire
1RRUU
Instant
Counter target spell.
The spell's controller take X damage, where X is the casting cost of the countered spell.

[Edited by Fire Slinger on July 8th, 2000 at 12:58 AM]

I

Istanbul

There's already a Backfire, in Legends.

Nature's Prayer is insanely, glaringly, flat-out, in-your-face BAH-ROKEN. If this thing was printed, I'd be storming WotC's doors the moment it was released into the public until they banned it.

F

Fire Slinger

I think the two of you are right. I'll change it to

Nature's Prayer
Enchantment
Upkeep: 2
Only 2 of these abilities can be used a turn.
1: same
B: same
U: same
G: same
R: same
W: same

L

Lythand

I believe there is also already a thoughtlash..I believe its a blue card.

Sorry

C

Cateran Overlord

Yes, there is a Thoughtlash. Your creatures aren't quite Morphlings, in fact they'd be BETTER if not for the lack of the untargetable thing is lacking. Maybe give it the Sliver Queen's CC and allow everyone to use it (CHAOS!)

I

Istanbul

Make it CUMULATIVE Upkeep: 1 and we're there. An upkeep of 2 is nothing when you have that kind of flexibility.

F

Fire Slinger

How about changing Nature's Prayer then.

Nature's Prayer
Instant
Choose one.
Target white creature gets +0/+2 until end of turn.
Target red creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
Target blue creature gains flying until end of turn.
Target green creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
Target black creature cannot be blocked except by artifact and black creatures until end of turn.
Prevent 1 damage to any creature or player.

Does anybody have a better name for Backfire/Thoughtlash?

I

Istanbul

NOW Nature's Prayer is balanced.

Backfire/Thoughtlash = Psychic Backlash?