MTG: On-line

I

Istanbul

1. Not legally.
Advantage: MTGO
2. You can see your cards on MTGO anytime you want. As for feel - who cares? Puts wear and tear on said cards.
Advantage: N/A
3. You'd need two things: your cards AND your Suitcase. And you'd need to keep updating your suitcase. MTGO puts it all in one convenient package.
4. You consider relying on the U.S. Postal Service a GOOD thing?!
5. Fair enough.
Advantage: Paper Magic
6. If I want to stop B.S. from players in Tokyo, I block them. If I want to stop B.S. from RL players, I have to leave the store.
7. ...and face assault charges, banning from the store, and/or getitng your butt kicked by his buddies.
8. With MTGO, you don't have to. Nor do you have to use up the gas or set the time aside.
9. Not if the store is closed...which the MTGO store never is.
10. You mean you can CONVINCE people? I never could - they'd cling tenaciously to ignorance. But whatever.
11. Ignoring the running up of the phone bill and the potential for 'nah, I don't have the cash/time/energy', it's simply WAY easier to organize it in VR.
12. That doesn't make any sense at all.
Advantage: ?
13. While I'd strongly debate your RL trading pool of 'just about anything', the need for a credit card to buy on MTGO can be a liability. Fair enough.
Advantage: Paper Magic
14. eBay makes you wait for the auction to close...that can take days. And that's if you don't get sniped at the last minute. The MTGO auction room takes perhaps 5 minutes.
15. If you say so.
16. Rules are not, however, fun to argue over until someone gets up and walks away. Not gonna happen in MTGO.
17. Thank you, I believe that's an argument in my favor. :)
18. Ick. I won't.
Advantage: In a situation like this, nobody wins.
19. Iiiiif you say so. But I'm highly skeptical that you organize your store into 'casual trading' and 'foils' and 'cards for packs' and such. Still, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
20. Yet another argument in my favor.

So there you have it. Even giving the benefit of the doubt on several dubious claims, MTGO comes out better.

Oh...and by the way...I often play COMPLETELY BARE-*** NAKED. There's a picture for you: a big, hairy 220+ lb. man playing Magic naked.

Ph33r me.

N

Nightstalkers

Anyone want to see a picture of Istanbul when hes playing at alocal tournament???

)Polls are closed due to this not being a sane question.(

I

Istanbul

Ugh. And as if by demonstration...

I just spent the last hour or so sorting about 1000 ONS commons. On MTGO, that would have taken...about a second, give or take a few milliseconds base on processor speed.

N

Nightstalkers

Huh? Mwahaha!

As a little present for losing so badly Istanbul will send all of the people he stomps a limited edition autographed picture of him in the nude...

Hey! if it isn't tourchure enough to lose, it sure will be when you get one of those in the email :D :p

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Nightstalkers
Huh? Mwahaha!

As a little present for losing so badly Istanbul will send all of the people he stomps a limited edition autographed picture of him in the nude...

Hey! if it isn't tourchure enough to lose, it sure will be when you get one of those in the email :D :p
After losing to Istanbul about a dozen times (and getting one lucky win) I actually got mad at him - this was a mistake on my part and I later apologized. Hey, even I can be stupid occasionaly. Later, he helped me build a fantastic deck and got me some great cards for only three tickets and about five uncommons that were no longer useful to me...

-Ferret

"If someone knows how to win that well, he will know how you can tweak your decks - not build them, just tweak - so that you can stand a chance - against other players than himself :)"

T

train

I can build well... I just need the money to obtain the cards...:rolleyes:

"Not like WOTC couldn't give away a box of digital pics once an hour or so..."

N

Nightstalkers

thats another point against them...

WotC just gives away a whole pack or two of digital cards when you have to actually pay something like $5 for a tournament to get around 9 packs! (if you come in first...)

T

train

It's not like they'd be out any money?!!!...

I think it seems like bad public relations...

N

Nightstalkers

I give up!

its an evil society we live in, and a cruel afterlife that we will rest in.