MTG: On-line

O

orgg

It was quite a good day, wasn't it, Whup?

I've been racking my brain for a bit thinking "How could I really make this HURT with what I've got?"

And Ferret: as soon as I see you online, you'll be in the clan.

Same for you, Train.

W

whuppinboy

heck yea, i had some fun!

you definitely need haste in there along with some bounce. i noticed that you didn't have a lot of counter in there either. haste isn't that important but the counters and bounce would of really hurt me last night playing your deck =) oh btw, i did get your dec list, thanks again !

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
train: But I like playing Rogue Squadron, despite that I'm terrible at it and am only on mission 4 because it took forever to get through mission 3! :p

Actually, I'm also replaying Microprose's old Magic game, so that's keeping my Magic fix a bit... ;)

N

Nightstalkers

Ha! another person that is replaying the old magic game...

mine keeps crashing when I start out or start winning against the black warlord (Last guy I have to beat until that rainbow guy Azeroth?)

But I still like building the fireball/channel deck with gaea's leige and stuff and trying it out against the computer in the duel program.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have the patch? That might help...

or not, I have it and my computer still went into a (seemingly) endless loop trying to think when playing one of the green weenie decka against me.

N

Nightstalkers

Where is there a download site for the patch?

If the program begins to go into a contant loop, Ctrl + Alt + Del the program and enter it again. Press the Resume Game button in the Shandalar game screen to start over. You should end up facing the same guy you locked up at, but the problem might be fixed... happens to me all of the time. :yawn:

I have the original M:TG game but not the additional games that are out there. Still looking for an old PC game shop that will sell them. (How I got my game :))

Ferret

Staff member
For some reason I can't get MTG for PC to even load on my system. I keep getting a popup telling me that it needs either Win '95 or '98...and I'll give up XP for NOTHING....

-Ferret

"...of course after beating the hardest level w/ all five colours (plus colourless) it gets old..."

N

Nightstalkers

I rather liked my third time through making everyone burn themselves to death... and a bunch of nice roasted piles of ash they are :eek:

C

Chaos Turtle

I occasionally draft online. Name same as here. Cuurently I am in need of event tickets though, so don't look for me until my credit-card-using friend drops by again. ;)

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Chaos Turtle
I occasionally draft online. Name same as here. Cuurently I am in need of event tickets though, so don't look for me until my credit-card-using friend drops by again. ;)
Turtle! Look for me online if you get a chance...

...aside from needing them to play in sanctionned events what is the deal w/ Tickets? No one wants to trade Llanowars to me because they're saving them for tickets...

-Ferret

"...what? You thought I was just giving them away?"

W

whuppinboy

tix are used for trading and getting into the on-line events. if you go to the trading post room you'll see a huge amount of people selling cards for tix. i'm holding onto two myself right now :p

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Ferret
For some reason I can't get MTG for PC to even load on my system. I keep getting a popup telling me that it needs either Win '95 or '98...and I'll give up XP for NOTHING....

It might not run on XP... unless you can hokey around with the system and simulate some 95 or 98 settings.

I haven't won with all five colors yet on the hardest settings - that's what I'm trying to do now :)

R

rkoelsch

I have both the Duel of the planeswalkers and spells of the ancients in case anyone wants them.

T

train

Tix - are basically like crack to minors in M:TGO...

Since minors can't use pops' credit card all the time to enter sanctioned tourneys - they use prizes from tourneys to trade for tix to keep playing...

and winning, and trading, and playing...

R

rkoelsch

they both add spells to the game. Actually Duel was a replacement for the original disk but has a few more cards. And spells of the ancients added cards from AN and AQ

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
But you still go through Shandalar and try to defeat the 5 lords?

How much do you want for them?

R

rkoelsch

yes. would $10 be okay for both?

PS let me rethink this. Just looked on ebay and copies of spells of the ancients are going for $20 bucks each.