Linux Troubleshooting Storm: A New Beginning (from the makers of Crapstorm)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Keeping track of numbers has become tedious. I'll try to fix things up later, but now I'm too concerned this game dying out to worry about trivial details such as what time is it and whether or not the characters are technically still alive. And since Spiderman is the only player to respond with an actual attack, the rest of you get assigned attack at my discretion.

Pikachu earns a gold star.

Battle!

Round - whatever, it's the level 4 soldier at 120 feet.
Pete drives at the soldier with his web saber. He fails to hit.
The soldier cuts back, hitting Pete again in the (cephalo)thorax for 1 life and 2 comfort.
Ward attempts to smack the soldier in the back of the head. He misses badly and looks ready to fall, but grabs the soldier's ankle in time to stay in the tree.
Just then, Pikachu unleashes an Energy Ball. The action of Ward grabbing the soldier's ankle causes the soldier to swerve and the ball flies past, thumping into the trunk of the tree. The entire tree shakes and Ward and the soldier, already wobbly and perched together in a precarious position, lose their grips and fall down out of the tree. Ward hits 7 branches on the way down. The foot soldier hits 6.
A foot powder bomb comes falling down from above, aimed at Pikachu. It flies astray, landing on a nearby tree branch, covering it with the chalky white powder.

D

DarthFerret

Pete will let the ground crew take care of the fallen soldier, and will proceed upward to the next, web sabre at the ready.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Ward will attempt to recover from his injuries on the ground. He was trying to do that in the tree, but attacked for some reason.

R

rokapoke

McGill continues to provide moral support to his buddies, while checking to see if the fallen foot soldier is still alive. If so, McGill swings the gold violin at the soldier's head while he (the soldier) is still woozy.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Pikachu and Pete continue their ascent. They near another soldier at 150 feet up.
Another foot powder bomb sails at Pikachu, but again it misses.

Meanwhile, back on the ground...

Round - whatever, it's the level 4 soldier on the ground.
McGill swings at the soldier's head. He knocks him hard for a loss of 11 life. It's a painful blow, but the soldier remains alive.
Ward props himself up against the tree and rests.

D

DarthFerret

Pete anchors a lifeline to the tree (webline) then attacks the next soldier with his web sabre.

R

rokapoke

McGill attacks the soldier again, trying to protect Ward while he recuperates.

turgy22

Nothing Special
The P2E translator crackles, "Soliloquy!"

Pikachu is the first to get a clear shot at the topmost soldier. He unleashes a Thunder Bolt toward the enemy, but strikes a nearby branch instead.
The soldier thrusts forth stabbing Pikachu in the head. Pikachu gets woozy from the hit, loses his balance and falls out of the Uggly Tree, hitting 7 branches on the way down.
Pete finishes spinning his safety line and joins the battle, but fails to hit the soldier.
Melkor's Ghost floats up to help out Pete.

On the ground, McGill takes another swing at the injured, fallen soldier but misses.
The soldier is still recovering from the previous hit.

The topmost soldier lunges at Pete, slicing his abdomen badly.
Pete swings back, but the soldier parries.
Melkor's Ghost reaches the battle, but doesn't do anything.

McGill takes a deep breath and swings mightily at the fallen soldier. The soldier's head explodes all over the ground. He loses a parcel, so it's probably safe to assume that he's dead.
Pikachu peels himself off the ground and is now ready for further action.

D

DarthFerret

keep up the attack, focusing on knocking the soldier off balance.

turgy22

Nothing Special
At 150 feet, the foot soldier pulls his sword back to strike at Pete, but ends up stabbing himself in the head.
Pete attacks, attempting to knock the soldier down, but fails to do so.
Melkor's Ghost suddenly loses his sense of spatial cognition and falls out of the Uggly Tree, passing through 8 branches on the way down.
Sophia begins her ascent with Ward perched on her back.

Pete and the foot soldier share a pointless exchange that isn't even worth describing while Sophia continues to climb.

Pete stabs himself in the leg. His opponent has forgotten how to use a sword. Sophia continues to climb.

Aha! The foot soldier preps for another attack. He swings at Pete, who counters, deflecting the blow back into the soldier's groin with twice the force it had originally.
The soldier is half-dead. Ward and Sophia continue to climb.

The soldier gives Pete a hard poke in the abdomen. Pete pokes back twice as hard, stabbing the soldier in the head. Ward and Sophia have reached the elevation at which the fight is taking place.

Meanwhile...
Pikachu recharges a bit.

R

rokapoke

As there are no enemies nearby at the moment, McGill attempts to clean his leg wound with at least one of his bidets.

He then tries to use his Elizabethan collar as a tourniquet to staunch the bleeding.

Melkor

I've always had trouble keeping myself aware of the fact that there is external reality, I guess it just caught up to me.