Let's test your knowledge about magic

I

Istanbul

Of COURSE everyone is targeting me. But I'm 100% certain that I got all nine questions right, so I'm not worried.

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard

I didn't target you isty, your too cool, and i also think I got them all right.

D

DÛke

...targeted Istanbul.
I got all mine right for sure.
I'm sure he got all his right too though...that's too bad for me.:).

D

dw51688

Here are the results posted in this order: name, points, number to answer, and overall score(see scoring system):

Nodnarb24-9-1-13
Superguy-8-2-11.75
Volrath-9-3-12.5
Jaws10387-9-4-12.5
Hellion-9-5-12
Istanbul-9-6-11.75
Hetemti-9-7-11.5
Cateranoverlord-9-8-11.25
Duke-8-9-10
rkoelsch-9-10-10.75

NOTE: Phyrexian Pie-eater, Multani, Zadok001, someone, FOR, and Darkhorse did not submit an answer in time and their scores are automatically 1.

SCORING: Jaws10387 helped with the overall scoring system. First to answer gets 4 bonus points, and each order of place under that gets .25 less than the previous rank, ex. second gets, 3.75, third to answer gets 3.5 and so on. If you did not submit an answer, then you automatically get only 1 point. The person with the highest overall score gets to kick someone with equall or lower overall score than themself. JAWS GETS 0.25 POINTS FOR HELPING WITH THE SCORING SYSTEM!

CONGRATULATIONS TO NODNARB24! YOU GET TO KICK ANYONE OFF, EXCEPT ME BECAUSE I AM NOT PLAYING!!!!!!!!!! WHO IS IT. DO NOT PM ME WITH SOMEONE POST IT DIRECTLY ON THIS THREAD! :)

[Edited by dw51688 on August 22nd, 2000 at 06:10 PM]

D

DÛke

You said that we must submit the person we want to kick off in our PMs. If Nodnarb didn't pick anyone, that it would be unfair to us for him to pick one now! If he didn't pick one, than that's too bad!

D

dw51688

Okay, he told me who he wanted to kick but i wanted to give him the honors. I am not sure what he meant but he said the one with the nick somebody. Questions will be posted every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Results are posted on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. If I can't I will tell you when the rain date is. Sunday is resting day. If you don't answer, only one point will be given to you. If you are unclear about the overall scoring system, PM me. Remeber, tomorrow's subject will be logic questions with some having a magic twist. Play some chess train your mind.

S

superguy

He meant the same thing I meant- the guy in the list whose nickname was :
SOMEBODY
:))

D

dw51688

I'm going on vacation until next wednsday so there won't be any new questions until then.
Sorry. :(

H

Hetemti

Why didn't you tell us sooner? At least Question Mark took the week off before starting the game.

And yes, I got dropped the first day. Sutpid vague subjects. My answer was right, but NOOOO! Guess I'll just have to wait four months for the next round.

D

dw51688

I have to do this quickly. I am inside a computer store. You have till Wednesday to answer and I will post the results on THursday. Continue to PM the answers DO NOT POST THE ANSWERS! Here are the questions, please assume that all these take place in the our world, not some other realm:

1. How far can a Blastoderm run into the woods?

2. How is it that a Serra Angel born in Massachusetts, whos parents were both born in Massachussets, is not a U.S. Citizen?

3. Selenia, Dark Angel was born on December 27, on a hot summers day, how is that possible?

4. Why are 1990 dollar bills worth more than 1989 dollar bills?

5. Explain how a taxi can reach its destination in an hour and a half, but take 90 minutes to return when there is no other traffic?

6. Even when the Arctic natives are starving, why won't they eat penguin eggs?

7. Why can't you take a picture of a man with a wooden leg?

8. A farmer has 17 sheep standing in a field and all but 9 drop down and die. How many sheep are left standing?

Sorry, for the inconvinience. Have fun answering. If you want I can post the answers after everyone answers.

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard

Nice, tricky questions but i think i got pretty much all of them right.

N

nanokill

well those are fun (some were hard )and since i am not playing i won't pm dw51688 with the answers :p :p :p

I

Istanbul

I'm dropping from this game. I didn't expect questions to be posted till Wednesday, so I haven't been checking this thread. Between the reward for getting your answers in first (which I wasn't aware of when the game started) and unreliable posting times, I don't think I have a prayer.

I'll pass.

N

Neo_Keo

........ be willing to fill in for Istanbul if you guys let me.

If you do PM me.

D

DÛke

...I think I'll be getting out of the game too.
It's not fair to change times randomly, and besides, you changed the rules after we entered the game, that's kind of tricky. Count me out.

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

as far as ratings go.

This game isn't. I didn't think I to check this post until Wed. and find out thats when awnsers are due. I'm out as well. NO Pie People for you!