I'm going to Hell for this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mazzak

That isn't a far cry from my own beliefs, DUke.

I view anything that thinks as intrinsically divine, and it is the weak who go and forfeit themselves to worship.
Man and god are on equal terms. If god wants to be nice, god is a friend; if god wants to be judgemental, god is an enemy; if god wants to be innocuous, god is just kind of there; but only to the weak is god fit for worship.

And Ferret- The Baptists belive the King James version of the Bible to be the most accurate translation, even though it had been translated and translated several times over even before daft old King Jimmy got his hands on it. This shows just how bloody stupid Baptists are.

D

DÛke

...Ferret, so you're one of those who believe to find "his own" truth, that is, a "truth by experience." The mere suggestion of such a thing, the simple thought that one can live and make up the truth as he goes a long...is untruthful, and must I say, harmful.

Ferret, the truth you speak of is simply the experience itself, not the or even a truth. One man's "truth" is that love is pain and should be avoided; another's is that love is a necessity for life. Surely love is such a quality to each man, but love of itself, beyond you and I, is it of any value? If you must coward to your experience for answers, than by all means, your experience will only teach you what you have seen and been through...but to be alive - no, to truly smell the scent of life - you have to journey beyond the experience, beyond what you have learned; beyond even what you think you have decided.

Destroy your beliefs, no matter what they are. Become your enemy, and oppose yourself. From this, you can see the essence of truth immerge - some things will survive even the toughest opposition. Once you know them, oppose them as well - the essence is now closer to the truth. Oppose, and oppose until you are exhausted...but at least, you have at your hands a value of something truly grand - not a simple belief, not some circular knowledge, not a morality that falters at every level of existence. Know this, however, that no matter how close you get...you will never posses the ultimate and final truth. Humanity thrives for two reasons: on the physical realm, it thrives on wars and hatred; on the mental level, it thrives on knowledge. Take one away, and you have killed the reality it thrives in.

Until you grasp something true beyond time and space, across all of the ages, all of mankind - you have simply lived your experience, not any kind of truth. You are, in a sense, the slave of the experience...and your experience is the slave of the world.

"Punish me now - I want to feel the exact pain; then reintroduce the joy, so I can differentiate both."

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Wait a second:
If one must look outside oneself to see absolute truth, why do you think you see the truth any more than anyone else does?

It seems to most people that one is alone in seeing what one sees (or one thinks one is alone in this respect). I admit it's tempting to make the logical leap from here, that few even look to see what's going on and that fewer still are right.
But does that mean you are?

I know I'm wrong about things -- at least I tell myself I am.
I know that there are things I can't do -- at least I tell myself sometimes that there are things I can't do because sometimes I forget.

I just think that life is about the limitations one has to handle, that life is about not knowing certain things.

I also happen to believe that between lives (with an s) there is a connection with everything and everyone. Call it God if you like.
So let that affect your consideration of my lies.
I believe that after death the self is meaningless and at birth it finds new meaning in some more flesh. If that isn't a look outside oneself I don't know what is (and I probably don't).

One other probable lie I want to mention:
The self renews itself only in terms of issues about itself.
In other words:
The self is just as involved as purging itself as it is in glorifying itself.
You can not control looks outside yourself. So you should get used to the fact that sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not. Just a suggestion.

S

Svenmonkey

It's rather silly how DÛke puts down everyone as if they're inexperienced and ignorant, yet his words are all just his opinion expressed in a way that make them sound rather authoritative.

D

DÛke

Oh...not again...
Sven:

It's rather silly how DÛke puts down everyone as if they're inexperienced and ignorant, yet his words are all just his opinion expressed in a way that make them sound rather authoritative.
What is silly, I believe, is you thinking that I am being "authoritative," when rather, I'm simply sharing my opinion as well. How or, even, why you try so hard to see me as being "suprior" is a matter that is silly - so silly, in fact, that I am an idiot who cannot begin to grasp its meaningfulness.

TICM - If you had read what I said without your filthy biased, maybe you would have read this:
The seemingly arrogant, the one who believes that change comes from the self, he believes in himself more than anything or anyone else.
And even this:
Until you grasp something true beyond time and space, across all of the ages, all of mankind - you have simply lived your experience, not any kind of truth. You are, in a sense, the slave of the experience...and your experience is the slave of the world.
How you manage to skip by these is amusing, I must admit, but also rather...void of a listening ear. I don't know about you, but it seems that I am for looking into the self, not against. I have never claimed that the truth is beyond one's self, but rather, it's beyond any given moment of time, beyond space...the truth, if it is truthful at all, should sweep by all of life, not just simply me or you, in this day of age. The truth cannot be offended, repressed - it cannot die or falter. I look outside, I see mankind...the animals...I see them offended at the inverting of a Cross, the burning of a Koran, the damning of a God, the burning of a flag, the calling of names; offended by symbols and words that are of no value! Am I to respect them, am I to observe them as not delusional?

I must say, however, that this is simply my opinion, seeing how everyone is weary and stupid, needing me to remind them that they are all good and equal. Like an untalented child who needs to be charmed, tamed, and loved by those who do not wish to charm, tame, or love him...

"A sigh or relief I release, as I go about the roundabout."

S

Svenmonkey

I was simply commenting on how you write like your opinion is the one and only truth or something, and I'm pretty sure I didn't mention "suprior" in there anywhere, especially considering that it isn't a word.

D

DÛke

Describe to me...show me...inform me on how I write as if my opinion were the "one and only truth" - I want to avoid sounding as such.

"Or do I have to put a tag somewhere, to remind you that when I speak, I am simply speaking my opinion?"

T

train

For all those not Duke, unless Duke would argue with himself, which would seem rather odd...

anyhow...

from the sounds of it... Why would any of you even post more than once to something Duke has posted?...

As opinion may matter to few, it's his opinion, or yours, and responding only allows him to post more on the subject and then re-post on your posts... Philosophy is a circle, never-ending, comprised of thought and ponderence, and sometimes ignorance...

All responding to his posts allows you to do is see more posted from him... Especially with his own perception of knowledge... aka opinion...

Truth does not exist beyond one's mind without the application of logic, as such, opinions contain themselves within a person, and may be shared by some, or expressed by those containing them... So knowing your opinion and what you believe is truth, is more than you'd ever get from battling opinions or emotions with Duke...

Simply...

let him post... all he wants... and simply talk to himself if you don't like hearing responses to responses to responses and interpretations through quotes, when those quotes may not be interpreted the same way you perceive them...

Ferret

Staff member
Oh, I've gotten to the point where I take everything our dear friend DÛke says w/ a grain of Sodium Chloride. He offers some interesting insights and thinks very highly of his opinions, but he also realizes that they're just that: his opinions. He's not insisting you agree w/ them, but he'll defend them if attacked. I can respect that - I don't have to like it, but I can respect it.

-Ferret

"Sodium is poisonous. Chlorine is poisonous. But, you cannot live w/o their combination..."

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

KJB was the most accurate English trans... back in 1611. Now any trans is good as long as it jives with the original Hebrew and Greek. The Message, for example, isn't good. The NIV and NKJV are.

Mazzak: BTW, Nice blanket statement on all Baptists. :eek:

The face is one of embarrassment and sarcasm.

Ferret

Staff member
I think that all generalizations are bad and should be stopped...

-Ferret

"...except for mine, of course :)"

C

Chaos Turtle

Imbibe great quantities of LSD and DÛke will begin to make sense to you.

If you have a less drastic method of opening your mind, that will do as well.

Note that making sense of something does not neccessarily mean what is being made sense of is not nonsensical. But I will leave you to your own opinions on that matter.

I'd welcome our old friend back myself, but I'm not really here...

;)

D

DÛke

The first reference to me doing drugs was by TomB, and now it's by you. I believe this is due to the "LSD" next to the "Location" tag below my user handle.

LSD, or "Love, Sensuality, Devotion," is an Enigma Best-Of album. I found the initials to fit me quite well.

I have never done drugs. Life is a drug of its own. :)
Chaos Turtle:

Note that making sense of something does not neccessarily mean what is being made sense of is not nonsensical. But I will leave you to your own opinions on that matter.
That, in fact, is true more often than not. It kind of goes with me saying that people place actual value on the valueless - that is, making sense of nonsense. I hear people talking about "democrats" or "republicans," Christians or Muslims; we hear so much noise in our lives, of words that do not mean anything universally, but are simply a greedy formation of man's selfish perception of life. We are all are just children...we are not Christians, no matter how Christian we want to be. We are not Muslims, no matter how much we desire to see ourselves as Islamic. We are not democrats, republicans...we are not even religious or spiritual. We are not Americans or Arabs or English or Japanese...we are simply us, whatever we are. To fight, kill, to even hate, judge, or simply perceive one’s self as belonging to these values is filthy – the person, at that point, is valueless, for he submitted himself to the valueless origin of things, where as the only irrefutable value one can see of himself is without these material, hate-bringing, dividing values.

I can say more, but I figured everyone is tired of it...

"This is my opinion."

C

Chaos Turtle

Holy crap.
Now you're making sense to me...
I don't know what I think about that! :D

Well, I'll just disappear again, perhaps to return in just a few daze...

See ya'll.

*poof*

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

And I thought Suza, Grand Davina was musey and overly poetic.
:D

F

FmK-AnC

Sorry guys, i am really sorry to say but this is all BS and no matter what none of it is real. Be it the christians the muslims the budists etc, etc. And everything you whine about on here is tottaly and utterly fake misleading you to belive something that isnt there. And all of you are just a great bunch of tossers(well only those who belive in it)

-All new Christ
(the name is do to the jesus hair i have)

Status
Not open for further replies.