Not open for further replies.
T

train

Reverend Train would come with Tax deductions right?!!!...:eek:

The Gospel according to Train:

"Fizzle!..."

T

theorgg

You'd have to ask the Subgenius about that... but it is possible.

T

train

So how would a Genius such as myself, talk to a sub-genius???...

Is there a genius that can help me figure that out?...:p

D

Darkstar

Great sarcasm played on the catholics in that one...

Also... with all the religious controversy and whatnot in the world, to escape it all I choose an agnostic lifestyle... little did I know announcing this, Ive got every holy roller this side of the missisip beatin on my door to offer me somethin I cant see, eat, sleep on, intoxicate me, or pleasure myself too! Oh well, I say whatever creams your twinkee, I got no beef withany one who is whatever denomination or whatever. I just wish there was one with lots of alcohol, scantidly clad women, mtg, cpa, and of course lots and lots of jerky.

Oh ya and I hate mashed potatoes! So none of them in the mix! And preperation H never hurt a thang... or so Howard Stern says.

T

Turtlewax Joe

I choose to be an aethiest, because one night I was staring at the ceiling, and I somehow came to the conclusion that there is no supreme being. I can defend my views and firmly believe in them, however I would NEVER force my beliefs on some one else.

If you have a religion, great. Keep it to yourself. Don't go around trying to reform everyone just because you think they're savages. Personally I'm a big fan of Darwin's theories. Natural Selection, Evolution, all of that.

And I don't see why everyone gets caught up in religion (but I accept that human nature desires power, and to reform someone is to have power), why do people have to ask why. We should just live life to the fullest everyday.

I can't believe all of this has sprouted from asking if the "Gift of Christ" should be kept in a cage.

I try not to affend Christians that I go to school with, but if they try to question my beliefs in school, I don't give them that satisfaction, instead, for all you other aethiests out there, this is what I say:

"Your are in direct violation of the seperation between Church and State. I retain my right to the learning enviroment, and your 1st Amendmant rights can and will be curtailed if proceed to disrupt said enviroment."

And if they go on, I discuss it with them, even though there is no point or conclusion that will be reached seeming as how we're both pig headed and stubborn. What usually seems to shut them up is when I say, "If I admit there COULD be a 'God,' will you admit there there may not be?"

Think about it folks. Why do we really desire this knowledge of absolute truth? I'll tell you why. Absolute truth is absolute power. That's why we feel the need to reform those who don't agree, so that we may gain power. BUT, if everyone believes the same thing, no one has power. And that's why people are different.

Which leads to the power of the individual. True power is not what others can see, it's what you feel. This cannot be accomplished by reformation. And is why peopel need to lay off attacking each others beliefs, and practice what they're "religion" preaches, peace.

I'm just trying to voice my opinion, and shed reason. Not change anyone's point of view. If this offended anyone it wasn't meant to.

B

Bob

Originally posted by theorgg
Will we now know you as Revernd Train from now on?

I'm on to them. I'm not paying $30, as I don't need to be a Reverend...

But Reverend Train... that seems to have a ring to it...

HAIL BOB! 13,013
You got that right. You'd better hail me!

D

Darkstar

Wait... clarify for me... are u atheist or agnostic? Not a big difference, but if wanna confuse the less knowledgeable and further defend any point u may have on the topic... not a bad thing to bring up. Like me... others at skool utter inappropriate comments much like in your case. Some times they say Im going to Hell or wherever... but I tell em since Im agnostic it will have to wait cuz I gotta go to all the other hells, purgatories, and whatnot first, so God will just have to wait to damn me to his firey retirement home. Oh well, just babbling.

T

Turtlewax Joe

But there is a big difference betwwen aethiesm and agnostic.

Agnostic- Douts God
Aetheist- Doesn't Believe

And Shiro, that's good that you don't interpurt the bibnle literally, but tell that to alot of other christians.

D

Darkstar

I knew the difference... just didnt emphasize anything. Wonder what its called when u think your god? I seem to have this odd habit of playing too much age of mythology and black & white... huh maybe its nothin.

T

theorgg

Actually, Agnostic simply doesn't know.

They'd respond to the question "Does God Exist?" with "I dunno."

Athists would simply reply "no."

How we got here if the answer is "no" is quite a mystery to me, though...

in case ya'll are curious, I do believe in God, and I don't think I could be convinced otherwise. I also believe in God's sense of humor, thus the Duck-Billed Platypus.

D

Darkstar

On a side note... darkstar does and doesnot believe in the following thingys...

Does-
Monkeys will overtake the earth someday
Aliens do exist (if they are even aliens... extraterrestrials perhaps)
Chlorine burns
Drinking too much can cause sickness but not death
Santa
The cow jumped over the moon

Doesnt-
Cheese
Dieties
Acute Illnesses
Shapeshifting
Miniature anythings
Punk is dead

Ferret

Staff member
I was an atheist for a while when I was in high school. I was disapointed w/ organized religions and found their needs for absolute faith to be a but too much to take. So, I turned off faith entirely and decided that there can be no God or divine being.

Later, I realized that this was still absolute faith. I had to put absolute faith in nothing. It was incredibly depressing to know that the only thing I had keeping me going was Nothing. Why bother caring about anything if there is no reason to do so? So, I stepped back and was agnostic for a while. Even that got dull, so I took up Witchcraft. I figure, if I gamble on this being the truth and I'm wrong, at least I tried. If I'm right I gain everything. If I gamble on atheism and I'm right and gain nothing.

Of course, that's just my thoughts on it. You're welcome to interpret them any way you want.

-Ferret

"Find Your Own Truth"

D

Darkstar

I faithfully worship every weekend the budweiser frogs and my girlfriend (well ex... but were back together purdy much) every day that I can. Those are some of my reasons for living. Live life to its fullest like its the last day you will live (short of hard drug use of course and major criminal activity unless thats your bag).

T

train

There isn't a gamble not taken by everyone everyday... You just decides what will happen as you choose your way through life... And fate is left to amend the destiny...

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

I only take the bible literally where it's intended in the bible. There are metaphors and parables in it. I also understand the concepts of both permissive and oppressive forms of error.

T

Turtlewax Joe

Exactly, why live?

So you can love, so you can be sad, so you can be happy, so you can meet new people, so you can make a difference.

why do you have to live your life in accordance with a 'god,' why not just live it to the fullest everyday. No matter where we go, we all die alone.

@Darkstar- I hoghly recommend you see the movie Donnie Darko. it really made me think, even though it was just a movie. it raised interesting questions about our sad world and human nature.

Ferret

Staff member
I cannot take the bible seriously in any part - mostly because I do not know the language that it was originaly written in and I don't know any of the people that wrote it. All other versions have been re-translated to only serve the purposes of whomever is in power whether it's Rome, King James, or some Southern Baptist Psychos...

-Ferret

"...I found a passage in the bible that justifies slavery, wife beatings, and genocide!"

S

Svenmonkey

What kind of non-falsified god dabbles in the affairs of a particularly wussy group of Middle-Easterners? That's all I want to know.

D

DÛke

Being from the Middle East, born into Islam...I know a bit of the traditions.

What must I say?

Muslims, and the majority of the Arabs are mentally weak; perhaps they are the most blind, faith-wise. The common Arabian, the common Muslim - he or she does not even half-believe the on-going self-deception, the contradiction, the denial one undertakes if only to prove a point or another, no matter how seemingly fallible...no matter how pathetic.

The Christians, the Americans, however, are a different species. They, at least, believe their lies...they actually live their deception - they have nothing to hide. The Arabian says something and does something contrary, or vice versa - when one observes them as animals, he can see how unintelligent and enslaved they are. The American and the European, however, is at least readily willing to swallow whatever myth, whatever lie, and even act fully out of these deceptions.

When I mention "God," when I look in the mirror - I see myself - I see that power rests in my hand. God is either my friend, close to me, even is me - or man himself - or...if not...then God is an enemy. Does such a thing exists? Only if you let it be...

The sad and desperate, the broken, the beaten...the one who observes unfairness and injustice usually believes that he has no power to change the world, that he is nothing...and so, he conjures this "God" so as to have a hope in a better life, something more divine...something beyond this and now.

The seemingly arrogant, the one who believes that change comes from the self, he believes in himself more than anything or anyone else.

The truth is, whether there is a God or there is not...it does not make a bit of difference to the actuality of the matter: man is weak and pathetic, unwilled, unskilled, unintelligent, hateful, greedy, and unenlightened. Even the so called "open-minded," or the "intellectual" - they readily accept values and morals, readily digest truths that are, not necessarily, truthful. God becomes this "toy" that swings by when you want to, and vanishes when you don't - it is something that goes to your personal liking. Does one's experience reflects any kind of truth? Maybe, but I am beginning to find fallibility even in subjectivity.

“Where your mask, and be living. Unmask, however, and you will be alive.

Ferret

Staff member
Now, that's pretty profound I have to admit. I've always been of the opinion that god didn't create man in his image, but the other way around. If there was an all-powerful creator do you really think he'd care about how people worshipped him? Naw. Do you think he'd want to smite scores of people for the heck of it? Naw. Do you think if he's truly all-caring, all-loving, all-knowing that he'd really condone all the atrocities done in 'His' name? Again, naw.

It's a joke. It's like I always say. Truth is not something that is rammed down your throat. It's something to be discovered.

Find Your Own Truth

-Ferret

Status
Not open for further replies.