Fun with a modualar triskelion

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Because Kamahl costs six and so does Triskelion...

It's viable, but not what I consider awesome...

H

Homestar

in the deck i play it with, i packed it with 4 birds of paradise, 4 vine trellis, 4 vernal bloom, so i guess the mana issue never occured to me.

H

Homestar

yea i play wood elves with wirewood symbiote and wellwisher

C

chocobo_cid

Originally posted by Homestar
in the deck i play it with, i packed it with 4 birds of paradise, 4 vine trellis, 4 vernal bloom, so i guess the mana issue never occured to me.
4 birds? :D

Do you own this deck, or is it just an Apprentice kind of thing?

T

train

Homestar - Are most of the decks you discuss playing decks on apprentice?... Or are you proxying - just wondering...

H

Homestar

no, i havent posted a deck yet that i use on the workshop. i was juss telling u that i play the kamahl, triskelion combo on workshop. my bird deck is real, my soldier deck is a deck i plan to order cards for in the near future, and all the other decks i post are real.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I wish I had Birds...

I've never had any birds...

...ever... :(

But I have 4 Memory Jars! :D

...okay, not the same as Birds, but still...

And yes, I mean Birds of Paradise, and not some wimpy other birds. Why bother with anything less?

Oh, and with so much mana and two cards, you can do a lot more than just kill lands. That's why I don't think it's really awesome. Now granted, it is still two creatures that you have out, one of which is still particularly useful...

H

Homestar

well, that was juss an example. for some reason my workstation wont open so ill juss post the parts of the deck i remember:

Creatures:
llanowar elves x4
Fyndhorn Elder x2
Vine trellis x4
Birds of Paradise x4
Triskelion x4
Kamahl, Fist of Krosa x3
Elvish piper x2
Steel wall x2
Ornithopter x2

Sorceries/Instants:
Stand together x2
Decree Of Savagry
Battle Growth x4

Enchantments:
Vernal Bloom x4

Land:
Forest x22

Actually, i dont think i forgot anything..........

i put the wall and the ornithoper in just to block until everything gets rolling a little. then, i didnt go to heavy on the counter-makers cuz i figure since i have 4 trisk's in, i shouldnt be to worried. and its not like they are gonna get that much land. then, when the tim is right i will use decree of savagry, then kamahl's other effect to go in with all my mana elves and everything else. its record is 4-2 so far. i guess im gonna give up on convincing you that its awesome Oversoul. its in the eye of the beholder i guess.

M

mythosx

memory jar....now there was a game breaker...that was good stuff.

T

train

Memory jar was okay... for a week... now it's just fun!...

As for birds - owned plenty in my time, own a few now - not a play set though...

I'd really rather play a second turn vine trellis, or first turn llanowar, and get the extra offense, or beefy defense...;)

T

train

no... I play it in dual-color... mainly G/W...

The only mono-green I have is elves... and they don't need much mana help...
;)

C

chocobo_cid

Originally posted by Homestar
i guess im gonna give up on convincing you that its awesome Oversoul. its in the eye of the beholder i guess.
If his biggest beef is the mana cost, and this is Workstation, then just add a few Krosan drovers or fierce empaths.

As long as this is T1.5, add some timber walls for quick mana.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I think Train secretly wants to use blue...

Now Homestar, I didn't say it's a terrible combo...

I don't even think it's bad...

But awesome...

Here's another combo that's also green...

Sylvan Library + Abundance

It takes two cards as well, but both combined cost the same amount of mana as one of the components of the Kamahl/Triskelion combo. It doesn't manascrew them, but it's a lot faster and Triskelion can't kill that many lands anyway, whereas the cards here are somewhat good on their own and the combo is likely to net more Sylvan Libraries for you, which only increases your power, plus drawing lots of cards is rather versatile...