Fun with a modualar triskelion

C

chocobo_cid

No, it just sucks in comparison to any other sliver. Period. Muscle Sliver, Heart Sliver, blade sliver, shifting sliver, winged sliver, ward sliver, even essence sliver, hunter siver, and horned are significantly better.

4x Aluren
4x Coat of Arms

4x Muscle Sliver
4x Heart Sliver
4x Shifting Sliver
4x Hunter Sliver
4x Plated Sliver
4x Blade Sliver

Add some heavy multicolor support, lands, and a few wrenches to throw into the works of other decks, and this deck would make mincemeat out of a casual scene, at least the one in which I participate.

That's why I hate slivers.

T

train

WoG... that's what that deck would see if I were at the table...

:D

M

mythosx

Is anyone seriously saying that the crystaline sliver sux here?

I can't believe we are having this conversation. The Crystaline sliver is the first sliver you want on the table and the last one out. Not can you not target slivers, you cant target the slivers type (unless they changed the ruling again). That means things like engineered plague don't work on slivers.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
No, no...

It really does say that Slivers can't be the targets of spells or abilities...

...which, of course, is why it sucks. I mean, when you make your slivers untargetable, your opponent will just sit back and laugh. No one ever uses creature removal or anything that targets, and now you aren't able to use your totally awesome Magma Sliver to win the game...

Untargetable, bah...

Who needs it?

M

mythosx

the beauty of slivers is that you can pitch them any time. so if you really want to use that magma sliver which you dont need to..you can always sac the crystaline to do 2 points of damage or gain 4 life or draw a card. or anything else you want to do... or heck you can just pay two life and return it to your hand only to recast it after combat.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
you cant target the slivers type (unless they changed the ruling again). That means things like engineered plague don't work on slivers
This is incorrect, you can "target" the Sliver type with the Plague. And as far as I know, it's always been that way.

Oversoul: Again, you must play in a totally different environment because everyone I know plays with some targetted creature removal, be it StP, a burn spell, or some creature's ability. Sure there's some mass removal, but it's not the only type of removal in the deck.

I am thinking that if a deck with Crystalline Sliver faced a deck like the one chocobo_cid posted, the Crystalline Sliver would hose over that deck and have a greater likelihood of winning. If that's so, Crystalline is far better :)

T

train

Spidey's right on the engineered... and it doesn't "target" at any time... it checks for creature tyes matching the named(chosen) creature type, and applies -1/-1 to each creature with that type...

C

chocobo_cid

Look at this. An off-hand, off-topic remark causes a whole new disscussion.

...which, of course, is why it sucks. I mean, when you make your slivers untargetable, your opponent will just sit back and laugh. No one ever uses creature removal or anything that targets, and now you aren't able to use your totally awesome Magma Sliver to win the game...
That is indeed taken out of context. Magma sliver is not awesome, but is definately preferable to crystalline sliver.

I play with people that stocked up on Legions and thought Scourge is awesome. They are the ones that play with slivers and have no targeted creature removal spells. In this context, crystalline sliver is useless.

Wrath of God
Akroma's Vengance
etc.

Not :
Terror
Shock
etc

T

train

So you could have saved us all this by letting us know the play group's style beforehand?!...

I think you were just trying to up your post count!...

ha!

In all reality - in the meta of the game - for it's cost, and ability, Crystalline is a much better sliver...

M

mythosx

my bad guys on the engineered plague. There was a card that said target creature type though. I remember because although I didn't have an opinion I remember 2 rules jockeys were going at it about targeting slivers as a type. I seem to remember the ruling at the time favored not being able to target not only individual slivers but also the sliver creature type. But of course when you get to be my age (24) you tend to forget stuff.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
chocobo_cid: Apparently it's you who should be playing with either Crystalline Sliver or targeted removal to show them the power! :)

mythosx: If you think that's bad, wait until you're older :)

T

Tabasco

Why must we all focus on removal when talking about argeting slivers?

Your opponent can: Take control of them, bounce them to your hand, and use any other ability on them without killing them.

you guys almost forgot on of the most awsome mass removal creature spells.......Pernicious Deed.......set it to two or three (or even four if you are playing some of the newer slivers) and watch them all die...even with the crystaline.

C

chocobo_cid

Originally posted by Tabasco
...and watch them all die...even with the crystaline.
That's my point.

Spiderman: I hate slivers like (more than?) train hates Blue. To play with Crystalline Sliver is against my principles and my code of conduct.;)

M

mythosx

yeah your right.. we said it was strong but not perfect. If you run it with hibernation sliver, ward sliver, and root sliver. You can seroiusly mess with some one....that pretty much covers everything that can affect slivers.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I was being sarcastic again. Doing it too much lately...

I think Crystalline Sliver is easily the best sliver, as I think I said earlier in the thread...

C

chocobo_cid

Why are we talking about Crystalline Sliver? Because of the interaction between it and triskedelion? Due to the nature of crystalline sliver, not being able to be targeted by enchantments (alpha status being an important card) or (I think) equipment or Creature abilities, I don't think there is a positive reaction.

:rolleyes: