Fun with a modualar triskelion

M

mythosx

forget the 2 rites of passage.

rites of passage/triskelion/banshee's blade. BOO YAH!

T

Tabasco

I found my new type 2 build.....Rite of the Trisk

4 Triskelion
4 Rite of Passage
4 Sylvan Scrying
4 Reap and Sow
4 Arcbound Hybrid
2 Arcbound Stinger
3 Arcbound Bruiser
4 Naturalize
4 Rampant Growth
3 Tooth and Nail
1 Darksteel Colossus
1 Plated Slagwurm

4 U. Tower
4 U. Mine
4 U. Power Plant
10 Forest

Rite plus Arcbound = really big modular creature.....wait does that mean that it can't die?....awesome!!!!!

T

train

Unless that's a sliver deck, I'd imagine that would be a horrible deck idea.
(In reference to train's multi-color control deck...)

Chocobo - ask Spidey...

(From my understanding - his friends hate it enough to kill him off first if he's playing it...)

:cool:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by chocobo_cid
Only because it sucks. Upheaval does 'em in still. My least favorite is actually Shifting Sliver. Metallic Sliver is probally my favorite because it doesn't do anything.

At least there isn't going to be a darksteel sliver, though there might as well be.

:rolleyes:
Crystalline Sliver sucks?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by train
(In reference to train's multi-color control deck...)

Chocobo - ask Spidey...

(From my understanding - his friends hate it enough to kill him off first if he's playing it...)

:cool:
Well, that was a couple of months ago... I haven't played since, so they might have forgotten about it...

They don't hate it outright from what I remember, that's more my creature-stealing deck. :)

C

chocobo_cid

Originally posted by Oversoul
Crystalline Sliver sucks?
"Slivers cannot be the target of spells or abilities."

No counterspells or bounces that target a creature. That's the greatest protection. With this on the board, how does one activate Magma Sliver, Crypt Sliver, or Sliver Overlord? Not Sliver deck is as powerful as it could be without the two most powerful and annoying slivers, Crypt and Magma.

Thus, Crystalline Sliver Sucks.

T

train

I'd like to mention counterspells can still counter sliver spells - they aren't creatures yet...;)

T

train

no - it just isn't as strong as it could be...;)

but it's blue - so it does stink...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It doesn't suck, there's a lot worse Sliver Cards.

Untargetability is great (see Whispershield Cloak and others). Either you're mistaken in thinking Crypt and Magma Slivers are great, or you're building the wrong deck around them. I'm pretty sure the old CounterSliver decks before Legions worked just fine without them in there, but still using Crystalline Sliver...

T

train

Counter Sliver...

*shivers...*

along with winged and everything else it was almost unstoppable...:rolleyes: :eek:

T

Tabasco

Crystilline sliver does not suck as much as you all might think. For instance, yes slivers cannot be targeted by magma's ability, but it does gain "Tap: Target sliver gains +X/+0 where X is the number of slivers in play."

What you all are missing is that "target" does not interfere with the word "all"

A sliver that gives all slivers +1/+1 does not end when crystillinbe comes into play. All slivers are not targeted they are, as a group, given the ability.

C

chocobo_cid

While that's not what I meant, Crypt Slivers are indeed great. Against anyone with a mono-creature deck (like those early players) Regenerate is great. Magma not as much, but with cheapo slivers + Aluren + Other Slivers it works fine.

I still hate slivers, though, regardless of my correctness. ;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Correctness? But Crystalline Sliver is easily the best sliver there is...

I guess Muscle Sliver or Wing are somewhat close, but Crystalline is still definitely the best.

M

mythosx

Originally posted by mythosx
forget the 2 rites of passage.

rites of passage/triskelion/banshee's blade. BOO YAH!
I'm sorry for the confusion....I meant Scythe of the wretched. sorry. Forget banshee's blade.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yep, sarcastic! That's what it is. Crystalline Sliver really sucks and I would trade it for a Snowfall. It's absolutely useless since it counteracts the totally awesome Magma Sliver, so why would anyone use it? :rolleyes: