fine tuned straight burn

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, I totally agree with all of that - I don't think that was what we were arguing about :) In fact, I get the impression from Killer Joe's reports on his GASP group that they've been playing awhile yet are really still "beginners" in Magic in terms of deck-building.

"Casual" is almost basically anything "non-tourney", except for those rare times when such a deck might actually win one (and then it's more called a "rogue" deck since it's unexpected :) ) It could be an aspiring tourney deck that needs to be fine-tuned or a "just for fun" deck.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Oh, of course there are exceptions to most things...

If there wasn't an exception, it would have to be an absolute rule, after all, which I'm glad it is not... :p

F

Force of Will Smith

Since everyone has ideas of the best 1cc/2cc/3cc
cards/ creatures for straight burn, why not do a poll?:D

I bet people could agree on the "best" straight burn, at least it would be interesting to see the conformity and originality:D

Browbeats are 1.50-$2.00 and
Ball Lightnings are around $8.00 (thats what mine were)

i also agree that B/R lists are even an issue here... part of the reason why i came here.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
blackborder.com, which search some online stores, has 4th and 5th ed selling for $17-18... probably inflated since there's not many copies for sale, but $8 seems like a bargain compared to those prices...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
White bordered Balls are pretty cheap around here (and it was reprinted in Beatdown, so those are probably even cheaper) then. If I were to sell mine, they'd probably be going for $2-5 depending on condition.

R

Rooser

My Ball Lightning came at 8 dollars each too, but I bought them when they were still in extended. Not sure how much they should go for now - I don't keep track of prices on cards I already own.:D

F

Force of Will Smith

nope, although i should post that deck.. its won a lot of games but i think it could use some tweaking..

I.E. 3 Dragon Whelps were just replaced with 3 Furnace Whelps

Debating running some new cards...

Did they ever make a promo foil Okk? If so i need 4 for the deck :D

actually i should just foil that entire deck, as much as i can anyhow...

F

Force of Will Smith

sorry, let me rephrase what i meant.

nope, (i dont plan on getting rid of my ball lightnings)
although i should post (the deck which uses them).. its won a lot of games but i think it could use some tweaking..

I.E. 3 Dragon Whelps were just replaced with 3 Furnace Whelps
(such as 3 whelps replaced with whelps)

Debating running some new cards...

Did they ever make a promo foil Okk? If so i need 4 for the deck
(Okk plays a heavy part in my ball lightning deck)

actually i should just foil that entire deck, as much as i can anyhow... (cause i like it a lot, and its gone almost entirely unchanged)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
That stuff isn't about burn decks though...

You should post your deck in a new thread. It doesn't sound very burnish...

F

Force of Will Smith

no its not, its mainly about getting the highest toughness for the least cost like..

to name a few

1R 4/4
RRR 6/1
RRR 6/3
2RR 6/4

actually the only burn is flame rift, disintegrate and bolts

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, my post " so you don't plan on getting rid of them anytime soon" was in response to Rooser's post (right above it) when he said he didn't look at prices once he got the card :) But that's okay...