Fantasy Football 2007

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I did the list for most of the draft last year, and it worked out fairly well...
I will List Draft again this year.

R

rokapoke

And what about the "Your Head-to-Head league will not be able to start the season if it contains an odd number of teams" clause of the Yahoo! system?

I imagine that, since we're running a draft with 9 teams, a dummy team will be added after the fact that will, for all intents and purposes, suck miserably?

D

DarthFerret

Ok, live update here, we seem to be having some trouble getting the live draft up and running, and it appears that it will be an auto pick league. Looks like all you slackers that cannot be here tonight got off the hook!

Actually, I will let Spidey explain in more detail on Monday.....I will be driving through 5 states that day and will not be able to log on here until that evening

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, I think I made a last-minute change that somehow changed the Live Draft back to Autopick... so it never worked for DF and I. On the other hand, it appeared that we were the only two there, so I guess it didn't really matter.

So I guess we're going with Autopick. I created a Dummy team and will rank its players using the bottom of the list, instead of the top, so any team facing it should get a bye (hopefully, if you don't, then that's your own fault :) ). So I'll set it up today and set the Autopick Draft to Ready and within 72 hours of that setting, the draft should commence and conclude. I'll post again when I'm actually setting it to Ready.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like for Autodraft you can have an odd number of players, so I'm gonna delete the Dummy team and set the Draft to Ready and see if that works in 72 hours.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So, this Sat we are having a list draft, not live? How will the season work with an odd number of teams? Does each team get a week off like in the NFL? Will points from the week off still count for the tiebreaker?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I just put next Saturday as a placeholder. Unless you guys WANT to draft this Saturday. I was just planning on deleting the dummy team and setting Autodraft to Ready and the draft will happen automatically within 72 hours.

I have no idea about the rest of your questions, but it looked like a team would get a bye each week. A team doesn't get a week off like in the NFL; just the individual players for whichever team has a bye in the NFL (like usual). I believe the points scored during a bye week would still count, but have to double-check - but it doesn't make sense for them NOT to count since all leagues are different with different players and I would think it would be complicated to keep track of which team is earning points when.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All right, we're back to nine teams with Autodraft ready. The draft should occur sometime in 72 hours.

R

rokapoke

I'm pretty sure that after the autodraft, we'll have to re-add the dummy team. As shown on the league homepage, "Your Head-to-Head league will not be able to start the season if it contains an odd number of teams." It's the first of the league notes.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No prob about adding the Dummy team after the Draft if no one else wants to join up...

Nine people is more than I expected and one more from last year, so I doubt anyone else will sign up :)

Hey Mooseman, you still doing your other leagues with prizes?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
R

rokapoke

This wait for the draft is absolutely killing me. Can you set a draft time for, say, tomorrow night and have nobody show up so that it just list drafts?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Where is Spidey on Vacation? I say we use the CPA emergency budget (i.e.: Spidey's Life Savings) to fly all of us out there first class and crash his fun. Then, after we've made fun at him for about 15 minutes, force him to start the draft.

All in favor?

Ransac, cpa trash man