D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess Level 2

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Luckily, Si'Nat's aim is off and the arrow goes into the bed instead. The kitty darts under the bed, seemingly for good, as it doesn't come out anymore.

Rondo checks out the medusa and the mage.

T

train

(hmmm... the way you stated "luckily"... something special about kitty maybe?... makes me wonder if I should try again, or have one of the others try to befriend it... especially if Rondo is right... But why wouldn't a cat, that at some time would have looked at the medusa, turn to stone?...

Si'Nat backs into a far corner with the bow ready for anything else to pop-out... and allows others to search etc...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** I only stated "luckily" as Rondo didn't want the kitty to be killed so if he or someone else had plans for it, it wasn't dead :)

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"What kin I say...I like animals more'n I like trigger happy elves...;)" Rondo laughs, then he turns away from his searching. "I found nothin' on the medusa, no traps or treasure in the "washroom", and nothin' on the statue.

"But I kin see that the statue was facing the mirror, if'n it was still hanging on the wall, and it seemed to be lookin' in it while trimmin' its beard, so I'll put the mirror back and try to see what it was he was looking for, er, at, when he got stoned."

B

BigBlue

Ooops... almost talked when I'm silent.... stone cold silent... sigh...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo spends a turn or 2 searching the room the medusa came in from (the room with the kitten) for anything that might help out in the current situation.

Does Kurik have anything to say or do?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Kurik says, "Man, I'm terribly sorry about your friends. I had no idea such a creature was even in here. I hope we can help them."

He has already checked out the doors and reported no sounds or traps behind/on any of the doors. He is standing rear-guard - in the doorway of the kitten room and the washroom.

Rondo, you find a secret compartment in the desk! In it are four scrolls - however, you cannot read any of them.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Si'Nat takes a look. "Well, three of them I can't read, but the fourth one is a Read Magic scroll.... I'm guessing it'll help read the others."

Which is true, magic-users and elves have to cast Read Magic on magic scrolls to use them. Cleric scrolls are in Common and can be read by anyone, but only clerics can use them. Other types of scrolls can generally be read by anyone such as protection scrolls and treasure maps, although some treasure maps must be read with a Read Languages spell.

The Read Magic spell has been added to Si'Nat's spellbook

T

train

Si'Nat

(Can I read it from the scroll and not have to memorize it to use it on these other scrolls?)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Elated, Si'Nat rushes to the other room and reads each scroll, turning Bertrem, Cugel, and Patrick back to flesh.

T

train

Si'Nat

"It was a tough choice guys... I could have added another spell to the spellbook - but one of you would have had to remain stone... haha... I would rather have you all around, than drag one of you around... ;)"

B

BigBlue

Patrick

"...itch!"

"Whoa, that was strange. Thank you for not making us wait, but perhaps we should have used one on this mage who could likely have cast it on the rest of us..."

T

train

Si'nat

"I thought about it, but also thought the mage may think we were here to do wrong, and be strong enough to "waste" us easily..."

(Begins doing more in-depth looking around to find this other mage's spellbook or other items...)

D

DarthFerret

Whoa....what a trip. Er...ok...um...now what are we supposed to do....??

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"Well, now we have at last solved the mystery of what went wrong in this castle. Time to leave?"

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"I don't think we're done here just yet, m'lads," says Rondo, as he continues to spend turns tossing the place with the elf. "As long as that red stuff surrounds the castle the evil is still here."