D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess Level 2

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** You know, if there's just one way to go, I'll assume you go that way, barring encounters or something

You turn east and head down the stairs for 20'. At the bottom, the passage continues east for another 20' before ending with a door in the north wall. In front of the door is a figure in armor fighting a bizarre creature: the lower body is that of a giant eagle while the upper body and head is that of a hideous looking woman. Both are bleeding from several wounds.

T

train

Si'Nat

(I guess we continue to watch the fight...

Sleep spell at the ready...)

"Entertainment..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
As they exchange blows, the figure sees you and shouts "Help me! Please! I'm not sure I can hold this off!"

D

DarthFerret

Might I suggest the ranged fighters help out...but we keep our distance.

T

train

Si'Nat

(I like the suggestion...)

"Let's have a few arrows fly..."

(Arrows fly at will)

(I remain ready to cast sleep if advanced upon by the figure after we "successfully" bring down the other monster...)

B

BigBlue

What a hideous beast.... I will observe, but given our last encounter with an illusion and our previous engagements with different supposed "friends" in this place, I'm reserving judgement for now...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
BigBlue said:
What a hideous beast.... I will observe, but given our last encounter with an illusion and our previous engagements with different supposed "friends" in this place, I'm reserving judgement for now...
Ditto.

D

DarthFerret

Thus the reason I suggested Missile fire first. Trust later....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So only Rondo and Si'Nat fire? Okay... +1 for short range but -3 for the close combat for a total of -2 to hit.

Rondo and Si'Nat are extremely lucky and manage to plant two arrows in the creature's body, just missing the armored guy. He shouts "Thank you!" as he dodges a claw and a sword and delivers a thrust that also hits home. The creature seems more wounded at this point.

Si'Nat hits again while Rondo flies wide. A claw nabs the figure while he in turn seems to deliver the death blow. The creature screeches in rage and then slumps to the floor. Panting, the figure turns to you. It appears to be a fighter in plate mail.

"Thanks again for your help. I wasn't sure I would have won that fight on my own."

T

train

Si'Nat

(sleep spell at the ready...)

"Well, we know who we are, but who are you? are you one of the guards or knights for the palace?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Neither, I'm an adventurer like yourselves, or what you appear to be. I was summoned by the Protectors along with my friends to help save the Princess but we encountered some sort of malevolent "garden" or something - at least, the bushes seemed to be sentient. They attacked us and I was the only one to survive. I was trying to head out when I was attacked by that... thing."

T

train

Si'Nat

(Does anyone else get any bad vibes about this guy? I'm thinking NPC...)

"Well... You're welcome to join us as we finish searching the castle... We still haven't checked all areas of it, but we are trying to rid the castle of as much evil as we can..."

(Are there any markings on his armor, or does he look like he might be from a region familiar to any of us?)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"I'd be glad to help you in ridding the castle of this evil... saves me the trip of going back into town and trying to join another group. I'm Kurik."

No markings on his armor or looking familiar - it's just battered, dented plate and shield.

Standard checks at the door reveal no sounds behind it and no traps.

D

DarthFerret

Does anyone else find it odd that he asked no questions about us whatsoever?

T

train

Si'Nat

He semi-questioned our being adventurers...

(opens the door for the new meat shield, ready to cast sleep)

"Well... here we go..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The door opens to a large room, so large that your torches don't reach the west wall. It's 30' north-south though. It's filled with stuffed animals, shelves filled with books and scrolls, and jars of powders and herbs. Strange symbols are painted on the walls. An iron statue of a warrior stands in the southeast corner, practically in front of you. A polishing cloth is draped over the warrior's shield.

Attachments