D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess Level 2

B

BigBlue

One last thing before we leave those bodies... is the door able to be closed to where the bushes are? don't want them running the halls...

As far as actions, I always try to stay out of the way and throw daggers and reserve MM for if there's a problem. If the enemy outnumbers us and appears they could be affected by Sleep, I'll cast sleep... And if they appear to be spellcasters, definately try sleeping them first...

Thanks.

We proceed N through this door.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The door closed behind the bodies as the last entered the hallway.

You enter the door to the north to find yourself in a 20' square room. A counter is along the east wall. Beneath the countertop is a pair of sliding doors. Otherwise, the room appears to be empty.

Attachments

D

DarthFerret

My standard combat action is to be up front in the fight. If this is not possible, I will use my sling from a distance and be prepared to do an emergency heal if anyone falls...

B

BigBlue

Someone should check under the counter... probably empty....

We'll rest a turn here (for 1 every 6), then go back to the Crossroads and check the room to the East in the southern corridor.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No traps on the cabinet doors...

You find shelves filled with empty basins, bars of soap, and clean towels.

T

train

Si'Nat

"Well, not much in here... now which way guys? Should we head back to the intersection and then go South?"

B

BigBlue

No, because I can't check for traps or open any possible locks... at least not as well as others... :)

T

train

Si'Nat

(Begins heading to the intersection and then South... Checks the Crystal Ball to see if anything can be seen yet...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** What are you trying to look at through theh crystal ball? And I think Patrick wanted to check out the door to the east just south of the intersection, is that where you're headed?

T

train

(No prob - We are headed to that door... I'm thinking about the old man in the ball...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
As you head to the door, Si'Nat looks into the crystal ball. It acts a bit erratically - it seems to focus a bit on the study and laboratory before settling on the statue in the washroom.

Standing in front of the door and doing checks, no traps are found but Si'Nat and Rondo hear some sort of crashing behind the door, like furniture being thrown or something.

B

BigBlue

Open the door carefully - hoping to surprise whatever is inside.

I'll be ready to cast sleep if it's merited (large group of whatever or apparent spellcasters)

T

train

(Readies with the bow - will switch to sword for close combat...)

"Action!..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Patrick opens the door to reveal a room with piles of broken furniture. Standing among the piles is a huge, fearsome, human-like creature about 9' tall. He's wearing skins for clothing.

He turns to face the party and doesn't seem surprised. He does get the initiative though. Roaring, he attacks.

Round 1 - Creature has initiative.

Since Patrick opened the door, he's the target for now. He deftly sidesteps the creature's blow with a club, but it gets so close that he could feel the club nearly touch his hairs as it swings past!

Right now Patrick is in the doorway with Si'Nat behind him. I'll leave some time for you guys to post what you want to do.

T

train

Si'Nat

(I'll step into the room and move to the side for others to make their way in... then I'll begin firing the bow from a distance...)

"Plenty of Action!.."

B

BigBlue

Patrick

OK, from now on... when I say open the door, I mean the party... not me in particular... I'm just keeping things moving... Maybe when I'm 3rd level or so... but a silly unfound trap would wipe me out at this stage, let alone this club flinging burly beast of a man.

Back out of the way for a fighter type, then I'll be throwing daggers...