D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess Level 2

T

train

(Will spend a turn searching for secret/hidden doors, then proceed to the next room...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You don't find anything, despite your best efforts.

What is the "next" room? The next one numerically from when you ordered them?

Kurik again mutters, "What are we doing? We should be trying to find this Eye of Arik, not going back to places and rooms where we've already been and obviously not seen it."

B

BigBlue

Patrick

(Been out on my Honeymoon....)

"Leave the cat alone for crying out loud! Why are you so pre-occupied with killing it? Because it's there?"

"Anyways, I agree with Kurik. Lets start looking at other places. I don't exactly remember that we've found a huge ruby somewhere, for some reason we thought one was in the room with the glow on the map. Did we try the notes in there? Even if the ruby isn't in there, maybe it'll have some effect...."

"Then, we should start again looking at places we haven't gone yet. But maybe we should rest to regain our spells (and I'll get my HP back). For certain we need to rest a turn after all this running around trying to kill felines... My manic Elven friend..." :)

D

DarthFerret

Agreed about the resting part. I still have my spell, but unless there is dire need, or I can rest to regain it, I would hate to use it prematurely.

T

train

(Okay, rest we can... I understand the NPC in trying to assist us here, etc... I was just thinking that this old man around here is the only one that had seemed to have his wits about him, and could have easily been throwing us off to let the other monsters around here get rid of us...)

"Let's rest and then head out..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You guys spike the doors shut to heal for a full day.

Since you're resting, I'll assume Bertrem uses his Cure Light Wounds spell since he can relearn it. And Patrick and Rondo both have the greatest loss of HP, 4 each, so he'll Heal.... Patrick for 5, bringing him up to full HP.

Si'Nat heals for 2, bringing him up to full.
Rondo heals for 2, bringing him up to 9.
Bertrem heals for 1, bringing him up to 10.

Ready to go? Where are you going?

B

BigBlue

I'm ready.

Having looked at Train's map... we should go north at that crossway in the middle (which should at least take us to the door on the other side of where the living rose bushes are).

On the way I want to play the tune in the "map" room... to see if it has any effect.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You do realize that you're closer to the crossway (it's east of you) than going all the way north to the map room and then backtracking? :)

For time's sake, I'll say you played the notes when you checked there earlier and nothing happened :)

So.... heading to the crossway and heading north for 30', you see the door to the rose garden 20' more north of you when it open and out shambles what appears to be human guards. Each guard has some sort of wound that would normally be fatal, you think. Unfortunately for you, you're surprised at their appearance.

Round 1 - Party is surprised.

Due to the hallway only two of them can attack side-by-side (same for you). Rondo and Si'Nat appear to be in the front ranks so they get attacked. Si'Nat is hit by his opponent.

Round 2 - Creatures get initiative.

This time Rondo and Si'Nat are able to dodge their opponent's blows.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Si'Nat: I don't have you with a shortsword. Just two maces, the one you started with and the one you picked up from an encounter. And some daggers. So I'll assume you attack with the mace you've had from the start.

Cugel fires away and hits Rondo's opponent who goes down.
Si'Nat misses his opponent but Rondo lends a hand and with a sweeping axe blow, cleaves the second creature in the front rank in half.

Round 3 - Party gets initiative.

Emboldened by this success, Cugel fires again, hits again, and again takes down a creature in the second rank.
Si'Nat bashes in the skull of the second creature in the second rank.
Rondo step up to the third rank (and last rank) and swings mightily, but misses.

The last two creatures both miss Rondo and Si'Nat.

Round 4 - Party gets initiative.

Cugel fires but misses this time.
Rondo swings and drops his opponent.
Si'Nat barely misses his.

The creature grazes Si'Nat with his sword.

Round 5 - Creature gets initiative.

Si'Nat dodges the creature's blows.

Cugel fires and hits but the creature stays upright.
However, Rondo finishes him off with a powerful axe blow.

Continuing north, you pass the door to the rose garden on your left (to the west) and continue 20' more north until the corridor ends.

Attachments

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Hehe, oops, the creatures were supposed to have 2 HD and I only rolled 1 HD for them... no wonder the battle was so easy :rolleyes:

T

train

Spiderman said:
** Si'Nat: I don't have you with a shortsword. Just two maces, the one you started with and the one you picked up from an encounter. And some daggers. So I'll assume you attack with the mace you've had from the start.
I thought this had come up before, so I actually spent the time looking for this... on 2/11/05, I picked up the sword, and that is the one I have been referencing this whole time... here is the quote from that post...

If it keeps, I'll compare that sword to the one we have just come across and trade it, or just pick up these...

train said:
Si'Nat

(who needs a big battle?... ;) )

"Well now - let's see what these two remaining ones will tell us, once awake... or if we can even understand them..."

"I've got this one..."

*I move over to the one that fell in front of the table(and look at the one that fell behind the table to make sure he is sleeping), bind him with my rope(in some sure-hold knots), take his sword and begin searching him for anything of value...*

"Rondo - what did you find in the hallway?"

"Okay guys - there's more here than I thought... seems two more of these things are asleep behind this table also... I've got this one in front, and will try to bind the others..."

*I prod the one I bound waking it and trying to understand anything, but to no avail... I gag it with it's loincloth, and begin taking the swords away from the other three... beginning to bind them also...*
(It shows a last editing of 2/11/05 at 11:24AM)

There's a post after that where I mention using the newly "equipped" sword, and it went on from there...

:cool:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Ah, I missed that... And I was just having you use the mace after all of that (since they do the same dmg, 1d6, anyway)...

T

train

Cool... :cool:

(Well - check for secret doors, and if none found, go back south to the intersection and then head east to the end of that corridor...)

"Well guys, guess we should head the East from that intersection back there... We did check one of those rooms, and there is a door we didn't go through, or we could see where that corridor ends first... I'm heading that way..."

B

BigBlue

Patrick

Sorry guys, I thought I'd posted I'd be throwing daggers and casting Magic Missile if need be... been having some trouble posting from work sometimes since we upgraded our firewall... At least we made quick work... probably wouldn't have done a full HD worth to each creature, but would have been helpful - so it sorta evens out...

Search the bodies (if it hasn't been done already), then we should I guess go back South then East (if that corridor continues as your map looks like it does... Also we have that room to the E just past the crossroads in the Southern corridor to check....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Patrick - give me a sort of "action" list of what you want to do in the first couple of rounds so I can include you... I should probably get that from all of you if we play another adventure :)

While Si'Nat searches for secret doors, Patrick searches the bodies. No secret doors are found and the bodies just have the torn and bloodstained guard uniforms and swords.

Turning back south and heading east, about 20' past the doors to the book room, you come to another door in the north wall. Your torches show that although the corridor continues east for another 20', it ends in rubble; something happened to bring the ceiling down and cause that way to be impassable.

Standard checks on the door reveal no traps and no sounds behind the door.

Attachments