D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess Level 2

T

train

"She's running West down the hallway we just came from... We can check it from time to time to keep an eye on her..."

(Performs standard room checks and readies to move on...)

D

DarthFerret

Well if you want, I can use my spell on you now....But that is my only spell, and I would hate to not be able to heal someone on the brink of death in a quick need situation.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
She does have a light source - a torch.

Si'Nat spends two turns searching the room because it is so large; a total of 40' E-W and 70' N-S. He doesn't find any secret doors or traps but at the north end, there is a fireplace, on which a book is on the mantle.

T

train

Si'Nat

"Hmmm... in a room with nothing much here.... a single book... let's see here..."

(Attempts to grab the book and begin reading through it...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You read/see that it is a book about how an ancient, evil being called Arik tries to escape from the dimension where he was trapped.

First, he sends out one of his Eyes, which looks like a ruby. It allows him to channel some of his power past the dimensional barriers and call his followers to it to perform a ceremony to free him. The ruby kills the crops, brings disease, and draws chaotic monsters such as koblds, goblins, etc to cause confusion. It also turns the immediate people around the ruby to stone and creates a magical force field to prevent anyone from stopping the ceremony.

There are three ways to destroy an Eye: Smash it with the Sword of Arik, which is used in the summoning ceremony. Have the white dragon Ariksbane breath on the ruby. Or play three particular notes on the Ice Harp, which will shatter the Eye.

B

BigBlue

Hmm...

Short of any way to summon Ariksbane at the moment... I think we'll use the harp - unless we find the sword.

But, that explains a lot.

Onward and upward!

Keep your spell for now. I know we only have one. I think we still have 1 healing potion too... But I could be wrong about that.

T

train

(didn't we find a ruby-encrusted sword?... I know there's a mace...)

"Time we head back to the room with the ruby in it..."

(we should use the ball to ensure safety or preparedness along the way...)

"If we are going to do any healing, we should do it quick, and get back on the way..."

B

BigBlue

I think we're good to go. I'll just be extra careful... :)

I believe we did get a sword from the guy we interrupted... but it's been so long ago... and I haven't got the time to read through the entire thread... Besides, we can play the notes to destroy it anyways. I suggest someone who knows the notes play it as we walk in the room if there's resistance... perhaps then we can at least destroy the ruby for certain... Si' Nat... Dig through your pack for that sword... you would have it if we found it... maybe we can throw the sword at the ruby if we have to as well... our "backup".

Of course, we can expect tol meet resistance along the way and in the room...

D

DarthFerret

Alright, lets head out, I'm packing....(the sword apparently...) :)

T

train

Si'Nat
(thought we would go back to the room where the map was glowing or where we met the ritual guy... but should probably use the ball to see all the rooms we have been in and see if there is something we missed...)

"Let's see all the rooms we have been in to see if we can find this Ruby... maybe we just didn't see it the first time..."

T

train

Si'Nat

(I don't know the names of the rooms - so I took the map and numbered them... will get the lower level map up also - but we can begin with the upper level map...)

"Now, let's see..."

Attachments