D&D: Horror on the Hill - Falling Down a Trapdoor

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Cugel scores a hit with his arrow on the lead bugbear. It doesn't look too serious though.
Si'Nat hits one behind the first with another arrow. It's a good solid hit but not slowing him down.
Kurik hits that same one right in the chest and this time, it does stagger a little.

Bertrem rushes up with his mace and misses.

The lead bugbear rushes past him and goes for Si'Nat and scores a hit! Si'Nat looks to be in bad shape.
The second goes for Kurik and hits him also!
The third goes for Bertrem but misses, perhaps his wounds distracted him.

Rondo enters the fray swinging his axe and hits the wounded bugbear, finishing it off.

Round 2 - Party gets initiative.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Clearly, these beasts have not yet sustained enough arrows. Cugel will continue his attempt to placate them.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wilhelm sees Si'Nat take a massive hit and loses it. He rushes the bugbear with his club and shield to pummel it away from Si'Nat.....

T

train

Si'Nat will be using a healing potion this round and preparing for the next round...

D

DarthFerret

Continue the battle, melee (unless someone grieviously injured, then heal)

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Heal the elf!" shouts Rondo as he attacks the bugbear that wounded Si'Nat, attempting to position himself between them.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I guess train isn't on often enough now, but I want to restate something :)

"Si'Nat looks to be in bad shape." could be restated as "Si'Nat is bleeding profusely and looks like he could barely stand. He looks to be in VERY bad shape."

D

DarthFerret

In that case, heal Si'Nat. Was kinda waitin' for someone to speak up.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I figured you were, but since train hasn't been on lately, I figured I would just to move things along :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Cugel shoots another arrow but misses.
Si'Nat drinks a Healing Potions and looks just slightly better.
Bertrem casts the last of his Cure Light Wounds on Si'Nat - he looks stable and can fight again, but still not fully healed.

Wilhelm rushes in with his club and lands an excellent blow on the bugbear. However, an "excellent" blow with a club doesn't seem to faze it that much...
Gareth rushes in and lands a glancing blow on the same bugbear.
Kurik fights back against his own foe and just barely misses.

The first bugbear turns his attention to Gareth but misses.
The second bugbear continues his assault on Kurik but he evades.

Rondo comes in with his axe at the first bugbear and hits, almost taking it out.

Round 3 - Monsters get initiative.

The first bigbear continues to attack Gareth and this time hits! Gareth looks to be in the same shape as Si'Nat now (after the healing).
The second continues to dance with Kurik but again, fails to connect.

Party's turn!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
*Cugel will continue to shoot the bugbears unless someone else takes a really nasty hit and needs protection, at which point he'll go into melee if possible.*

D

DarthFerret

Turn back to the melee, not much other option left to me here.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo tries to finish off the one he wounded before moving on to the other target, but he'll continue attacking pretty much until the BB's are dead...:)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Cugel fires an arrow at the first bugbear and hits it right in the eye! It goes down.
Si'Nat decides to stay out of melee range for now and opts for an arrow to the last bugbear and hits it right in the chest! It merely roars in pain.

Wilhelm strikes with his club but misses.
Bertrem strikes a crushing blow with his mace and connects with its leg with a <crunch>
Rondo swings but misses, perhaps due to everyone crowding the last bugbear :)
Gareth swings but also misses.
Kurik delivers the death blow to the last bugbear.

Whew!

T

train

(I think this is the shortest, toughest battle we've had...)

"Well - seems I'm thirsty for another potion (will drink one) - Gareth, would you like one?"

(If gareth accepts offer - will provide one)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Gareth gratefully accepts. Si'Nat looks fully refreshed after his drink, but Gareth looks just slightly better.

Just as a reminder, that's the last of your Healing Potions

D

DarthFerret

Ok, this is starting to become a bit desperate, I am out of spells, and we are out of potions. We may need to rest up a bit before continuing on.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Patrick has 5 Healing Potions, Si'Nat has 10 scrolls of Cure Light Wounds, and Ronod has 15 Healing Potions

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"Better, perhaps, to have confronted them there than to have passed by the lair and been flanked by the beasts later. Survival takes priority over exploration. Once everyone is ready, we can continue."