Crapstorm: A New Game: Because... Why Not?

turgy22

Nothing Special
Day: 2
Time: 10:02am

You are fighting a herd of letter tiles.

Round 3

The X tile attacks Ward. It fails to mark the spot and thus does no damage.
The T tile attacks Melkor's Ghost, but since it's T time, it stops to sip a beverage instead.
The R tile attacks Pikachu, but a pirate comes by and uses the R with his matey, instead.
The A tile attacks McGill. It's A# pain. In the udders, no less. Ouch!
The E tile attacks Pete. Luckily, it's a silent E and does no damage.
The Y tile attacks a king's man. Why? I don't know. It doesn't hurt him, though.
The A tile attacks a king's man. Having no more puns, it fails its attack.

Ward catches the X tile in his net.
Melkor's Ghost catches the T tile in his net.
McGill catches the R tile in his net.

Pikachu drops his O. The O gets scared and tries to bite Pikachu, but misses. Then it scampers back into the herd.
Pikachu tries to catch the A tile, but misses.

Pete drops his N. The N gets scared and tried to bite Pete, but misses. Then it scampers back into the herd.
Pete tries to catch the A tile, but misses.

The first king's man drops his L. The L gets scared and bites the guy, but it doesn't hurt. Whew! Then it scampers back into the herd.
The king's man catches the A tile in his net.

The other king's man holds onto his J, doesn't attack and significantly increases his ability to defend himself.

The XTRA letters hop onto an E in PIEHOLE (let me know if anyone has a preference) and work extra hard at scaring letters from the herd. Seven letters total depart from the herd: U, L, W, N, E, O and C. It's too bad this isn't a different game preserve; you could have just won clue.

40 vicious letter tiles remain to fight. Four new tiles step up to attack, alongside the A (1), E (1) and Y (4). They are: D (2), I (1), B (3) and E (1). One of the king's men is currently holding a J and can't attack.

Status update
You have the following letters captured: J
McGill loses 1 life and take 3 pain.
Everyone loses 1 energy from the efforts of capturing the tiles.

Safety Numbers
Ward = 3
Melkor's Ghost = 4
Pikachu = 2
McGill = 2
Pete = 3
King's man 1 = 3
King's man 2 = 6

The party is currently in the Game Preserve (the Scored Wold).

R

rokapoke

McGill positions himself to defend against the alphabetic attackers. He will only strike at a letter if it comes within his range this round.

turgy22

Nothing Special
The party hesitates as they try to think of ways in which the letter tiles might be used.
The king's man continues holding a J. Good thing the cops aren't around.
The letter tiles pause to defecate. Steaming piles of punctuation litter the ground. Everyone better watch their step!

R

rokapoke

"With all these defecating letters, we could use the 'T' in 'EXTRA,' plus the B-I-D-E that are attacking us, to get a 'BIDET'... at least then we'll have cleaner letters...

"Or better yet, we could use the captured 'J,' and the attacking A-I, with the 'L' in 'PIEHOLE' to make a 'JAIL' for the letters!"

turgy22

Nothing Special
Time: 10:04am

Round 4

The king's man passes his J to McGill, who then alters his defensive reality instead of attacking.

The I tile attacks Ward, but Ward pokes his I so he can't see what to attack.
The B tile tries to sting Melkor's Ghost, but stinks at stinging.
The A tile attacks Pikachu. It's a grade A attack, nailing Pikachu right in the undercarriage. Ouch!
The D tile attacks McGill, who gives him his undies, thus canceling out the attack.
The E tile attacks Pete. It's still a silent E and does no damage.
The Y tile attacks a king's man. I still don't know why, but this time it lands a blow. Ouch!
The other E tile attacks the other king's man. Other than that, nothing happens.

Ward catches the I tile in his net.
Melkor's Ghost catches the B tile in his net.
Pikachu catches the A tile in his net.
Pete catches the D tile in his net.
The king's men catch an E and Y tile in their nets.

The JAI come alive and hop onto the L in PIEHOLE, but something doesn't feel right. The ZOA's Z is too close for comfort. They hop back into the safety of their nets. A few letters then BIDE their time and link onto the EXTRA T to form a BIDET. Now that right there is a good clean word. The BIDET lets forth a blast of water, scaring off a W, E and B. I guess wet webs have trouble sticking around.

32 vicious letter tiles remain to fight. Six new tiles step up to attack, alongside the remaining E (1). They are: N (1), V (4), O (1), N (1), D (2) and I (1). Pikachu and the king's men are holding letters and can't attack.

Status update
You have the following letters captured: JAY
Pikachu loses 1 life and takes 2 pain.
The first king's man loses 3 life and takes 5 pain.

Safety Numbers
Ward = 2
Melkor's Ghost = 3
Pikachu = 1
McGill = 7
Pete = 2
King's man 1 = 2
King's man 2 = 5

Graphical representation of your used tiles so far:
------Z
--PIEHOLE
----X-A
BIDET
----R
----A

R

rokapoke

"We could make 'DRAIN' off the 'R' in 'EXTRA.' Maybe we could use the 'BIDET' to wash some letters away. Of course, this only works if the letters accept the word 'ED.'"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
If the E can be captured, since we have a nice spot between P and D for it, that means we can use our J and A to demonstrate that the tiles have really only "japed" around with us this whole time. That should bring their morale down.

If an N and O can be captured, Ward will attempt to use the B on "bidet" with the captive A and J to obtain a "banjo."

If the V and I tiles can be captured, Ward will use them with the captive A along with the P in "piehole" and the D in "bidet" to make things even more "vapid."

If only the V is captured, Ward will try the A in "extra" and see if the party can use any extra "java."

If none of those tiles are captured, Ward will have to wait and see which tiles are captured before trying to make any words...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Time: 10:05am

Round 5

The McGill passes his J to Pete, who then gets high on a web instead of attacking.
Pikachu holds his A and hunkers down in a small burrow.
One of the king's men holds his Y and assumes a better position.

The N tile attacks Ward, smacking his rear end hard. Ouch!
The O tile attacks Melkor's Ghost, using the emptiness inside it to pinch the ghost in the arm. Ouch!
The V tile attacks Pikachu. Turns out it's a flying V and soars right over his head.
The D tile attacks McGill, who puts up a good D-fence and takes no damage.
The I tile attacks Pete, but falls on its side, thus dashing any chance of a hit.
The E tile attacks a king's man, but stops when he realizes he's making a vowel movement.
The other N tile attacks the other king's man. Other than that, nothing happens.

Ward catches an N tile in his net.
Melkor's Ghost catches the O tile in his net.
McGill catches the V tile in his net.
The fighting king's man catches the D tile in his net.

JO-AN jumps out and rearranges herself underneath the BIDET. Instead of a water spout, it's now a music spout. The BANJO starts dueling the various letter tiles, scaring off two Es, two Rs, two Os, two Ss, a G, an I, an N, a T and a U. Turgeon is sore. :)

15 vicious letter tiles remain to fight. Four new tiles step up to attack, alongside the E (1), I (1), and N (1). They are: T (1), O (1), G (2) and a blank tile. McGill and the king's men are holding letter tiles and can't attack.

Status update
You have the following letters captured: VYD
Ward loses 1 life and takes 6 pain.
Melkor's Ghost loses 1 essence and takes 1 pain. The pain in his soul, of course.

Safety Numbers
Ward = 1
Melkor's Ghost = 2
Pikachu = 7
McGill = 6
Pete = 4
King's man 1 = 6
King's man 2 = 4

------Z
--PIEHOLE
----X-A
BIDET
A---R
N---A
J
O

Addendum: I've been trying to focus the letter-capturing efforts based on the words that get suggested. I'll favor whichever letters end up in the most valuable word(s) and which will use up the most tiles once completed, both of which will help your efforts. There's no harm in tossing out as many possible suggestions as possible, in case a letter gets missed. And if you see the possibility of using more letters with a second word, you can form two in one round. If you want to go that route, players may have to drop letters to get the right combination, though. Of course, this battle's almost over, but you might come back to this area later.

D

DarthFerret

Pete begins VOTING to use the V we have to surround the O in the banjo along with some new captures to increase his chances of sucess.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Feeling unsafe, Ward attempts to shield himself with his shotgun and bicycle wheel while hoping the others can mount a successful attack this turn.

turgy22

Nothing Special
The party is just about to take aim at more letters when a sudden chill runs through the air. What's that? Oh no! The benevolent overseer spent the day doing yard work instead of calculating hits for the battle. The party stays wary, in the hopes that the next round will be complete in a few hours, but also prepares for another delay.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Time: 10:06am

Round 6

Ward takes hold of McGill's precious V and then raises his bicycle wheel in defense.
Melkor's Ghost takes the Y, raising his spirits.
A king's man holds the D in case it might come in handy later.

The O tile attacks Ward, but it falls in love with the bike wheel and forgets itself for a moment.
The E tile attacks Melkor's Ghost. There are now few tiles left and the attack proves futile.
The T tile attacks Pikachu. It's certainly no Mr. T, as the attack is far too weak to hurt him.
The I tile attacks McGill, but then gets glued to the TV tiles instead.
The N tile attacks Pete and drops its purse, thus creating zero purse N tile attack.
The G tile hits a king's man. Like a typically G, he talks tough but can't back it up.
The blank tile attacks a king's man, smacking him hard to the ground. Ouch, those blank tiles are tough!

Pikachu catches the T tile in his net.
McGill catches the I tile in his net.
Pete catches the N tile in his net.
A king's man catches the G tile in his net.

The V and TING surround the BANJO's O and vote to stomp out some other tiles. An M, a K, an N and a T run away from the battle.

7 vicious letter tiles remain to fight. Four new tiles step up to attack, alongside the E (1), O (1), and blank tile. They are: F (4), D (2), A (1) and R (1). Melkor's Ghost and a king's man are holding letter tiles and can't attack.

Status update
You have the following letters captured: YD
One of the king's men loses 3 life and takes 7 pain.

Safety Numbers
Ward = 5
Melkor's Ghost = 5
Pikachu = 6
McGill = 5
Pete = 3
King's man 1 = 5
King's man 2 = 4

-------Z
---PIEHOLE
-----X-A
-BIDET
-A---R
-N---A
-J
VOTING

R

rokapoke

"From the 'T' in 'VOTING,' we could make a 'TOADY' to do the rest of this for us. Alternatively, from the 'G,' we could make a 'GOD' for the same purpose -- though I think I've read something suggesting that making gods is not a great idea. Perhaps making some 'GEAR' would be good, to better equip us for the rest of our tasks (as this one seems to be nearing its end naturally)."

McGill smiles nervously around at the others, reeking of a need to have his ideas validated. Have you ever met a more pathetic half-centaur half-cow-man?

D

DarthFerret

Pete attempts to tip his FEDORAS to the remaining tiles, then realized that spiders do not wear hats. Since this IS the case, he decides to compliment his appearance by suggesting a radical move that would stick the fedoras onto the banjo, and also creating the terrifying IS in the perpendicular position.