Crapstorm: A New Game: Because... Why Not?

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by turgy22, Jun 10, 2012.

  1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    Pikachu waits to see what everyone else is doing and if they're not doing anything, starts moving down Route 2 towards Queens.
  2. rokapoke Man Among Gods

    McGill, due to his half-cattle nature, isn't much of a leader, and awaits consensus -- or, failing that, somebody to herd the group along in a particular direction.

    In the meantime, McGill nibbles on the grass.
  3. turgy22 Nothing Special

    Believing that there will be no objections from other players, the benevolent overseer determines that the party will begin moving towards Queens.

    Day: 1
    Time: 9:30 am

    The party travels down Route Two for six hours, covering 18 miles. Ward and Sophia are starting to feel a bit tired. Everyone else is getting a little hungry. You feel that you are very close to Queens, but you stop to see a chicken crossing the road in front of you. Why would a chicken cross Route Two? Because it's irrational, that's why.

    Day: 1
    Time: 3:30 pm

    Status Update
    All party members lose 18 energy and 30 fullness.

    The party is currently on Route Two, about three miles from Queens. A chicken is crossing the road about 20 feet ahead.
  4. Oversoul The Tentacled One

    We should be but two miles from the Queens gate. Perhaps one of their captive animals made it this far?

    And if not, well, I make a mean chicken pasta.

    Sophia, you are a shotgun. Firearms are nearly useless for food preparation. In addition to that indisputable fact, I am far too tired to chase small animals. Maybe a lagomorph with electrical properties could stun the creature and capture it with ease.

    Pretty sure he's a mouse, Ward. It says so in the Pokédex. But that's a good idea. Electric-type moves are super effective against flying types.

    What you say makes no sense. I also note that our friend looks nothing like a mouse. He is a lagomorph. You are wrong, as usual.

    Let's see what the rest of the group thinks. Demonic chicken that we should leave alone because it will slaughter us or potential animal to turn in at the Queens Zoo if we do not feast on its delicious flesh before we get there? And even if it is a demon, we can always have McGill bash it with a fiddle or something...
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    "Pika!" Pikachu Thunderbolts the chicken for everyone.
  6. Melkor Active Member

    If our plan is just to kill everything we come across . . . well I'm just saying it's a less permanent condition than everyone thinks
  7. rokapoke Man Among Gods

    "Death may or may not be permanent, but I think it's wise that we all 'Eat mor chikin.'"
  8. turgy22 Nothing Special

    Day: 1
    Time: 3:31 pm

    You are fighting an irrational chicken.

    Round 1

    Pikachu unleashes a Thunderbolt attack, hitting the chicken squarely. A loud "squawk" emits from the bird and feathers float about from where it was struck. A tender crispy chicken is left in the road.

    Status Update
    Irrational chicken takes 4 pain and loses 1 life. Irrational chicken is dead.
    Pikachu loses 3 energy from his attack. Pikachu gains 1 experience.

    The party is currently on Route Two, about three miles from Queens.
  9. rokapoke Man Among Gods

    "I've got honey mustard and ranch, if anybody likes to dip their chicken -- and no, that's not a euphemism."
  10. Oversoul The Tentacled One

    Thank you, McGill. Alas, I am still satiated from the delicious cheeseburger non-beef sandwich, which I consumed back at the Safeway. For now, I must abstain. And that means more chicken for the rest of you.

    I just realized we don't have any pasta anyway. Oh well.
  11. Melkor Active Member

    I thought we were on a mission to save animals, not consume them.
  12. Oversoul The Tentacled One

    Do not blame Pikachu. His instinct as a predator is to nibble on lichen and also to electrocute birds, apparently.

    Who keeps a chicken in a zoo, anyway? A chicken isn't really a zoo animal.

    Ward proceeds toward Queens.
  13. turgy22 Nothing Special

    The tender crispy chicken smells delicious.

    And because I missed it earlier...

    McGill gains 1 fullness from nibbling on grass.
  14. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    "Pika!" Pikachu is happy to aid his fellows and does a little happy dance.

    Then he continues on to Queens with the others.
  15. turgy22 Nothing Special

    The party travels another 3 miles along Route Two. A road branches off to the left, passing under a huge stone archway, inscribed with the word "QUEENS" on top. A portcullis is down, blocking the path under the archway. A high stone wall extends from either side of the archway as far as you can see. As you approach, you see a barred window on the inside of the archway, before reaching the portcullis. A voice calls out from inside the window.
    "Halt, strangers! What business have you in Queens?"

    Day: 1
    Time: 4:30 pm

    Status Update
    All party members lose 3 energy and 5 fullness.

    The party is currently at the Queens Gate (on the outside).
  16. rokapoke Man Among Gods

    "I have a rather strong urge to be on the inside of walls and fences rather than the outside. I've had bad luck touching them, too -- burned my hands more than a few times," McGill confides quietly to Pikachu. "Mayhap your electrical nature makes you more shockproof, but I ain't touching nothing."
  17. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    "Pika! Pika, pika!" A wide smile spreads on Pikachu's face.
  18. turgy22 Nothing Special

    The voice calls out again from the window. "Hello? What are you people doing here?"
  19. Melkor Active Member

    "We had heard there was trouble with the local zoo and wanted to lend assistance for our own twisted and nefarious purposes. As you can see by the bestial nature of my travelling companions, we just might have some expertise in this area."
  20. turgy22 Nothing Special

    The face of a bearded man with lipstick and a wig peers out from behind the bars of the window. He looks intently at each member of the group before going on.

    "Hmmm... we've already got a bovitaur and an electrodent in the zoo. I'm not sure if we have a need for more. Though I've heard news of some recent escapes so perhaps there is room for you now. You'll need to speak to the Queens Zookeeper, who also happens to be our king, and he will decide if you can be of use in our zoo."

    The portcullis rises slowly, disappearing into the archway above. Before you pass through, the gatekeeper offers one last bit of advice.

    "You can find the king in his castle, which lies due north of here. Be wary, though, as the lands between here and there can be extremely unfriendly to strangers. There are three paths you can travel to reach the castle. To the west, you must pass through the theater district. On the east, you must cross the drag strip. The shortest path, straight ahead north, will take you through the heartland of Queens, though that my be the most treacherous path of the three."

    You pass through the gate and the portcullis closes with a thud behind you. To your left, a road curves to the north, leading into what appears to be a small town. You can hear the sound of music, shouting, laughter and fanfare from that direction. To your right, the road also curves north and appears to widen greatly. You can hear the sound of revving engines and squealing tires from there. Straight ahead, there is no road, but a great open land. It is eerily quiet.

Share This Page