Crapstorm: A New Game: Because... Why Not?

turgy22

Nothing Special
Anon gives Rokapoke's unborn character another dose of prenatal vitamins. Then he takes another sticker from Spiderman's kids' character and sticks it to Spiderman's kids' character's forehead.

Rokapoke's unborn character uses one dose of prenatal vitamins
Spiderman's kids' character loses item: Disney Princess sticker - a mouse wearing clothes

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I forgot to ask my kids for Wednesday and went to Hershey Park on Thursday and so forgot to ask them for today. And knowing me, I'll probably forgot to ask over the weekend. But I'll send a note to myself so hopefully I'll remember

turgy22

Nothing Special
Anon gives Rokapoke's unborn character another dose of prenatal vitamins. Then he takes another sticker from Spiderman's kids' character and sticks it to Spiderman's kids' character's nose.

Spiderman's kids' character loses item: Disney Princess sticker - the prince from Cinderella (or so you think - a lot of them look the same)

EDIT: Correction, it's the prince from Sleeping Beauty. You have no idea what his name is.

A mysterious vial from another reality suddenly materializes in Spiderman's kids' character's hand.

Spiderman's kids' character acquires a bottle of Hershey's chocolate syrup

turgy22

Nothing Special
Anon begins to construct a tower out of playing cards. He makes it this far:

_/\
/\/\

and then it falls over.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Anon gives Rokapoke's unborn character another dose of prenatal vitamins. Then he takes another sticker from Spiderman's kids' character and sticks it to Spiderman's kids' character's back.

Spiderman's kids' character loses item: Disney Princess sticker - a frog

turgy22

Nothing Special
The wheel spoke: "When tired, rest."

Anon chimes in, "Good advice, oh ancient and powerful artifact."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Spiderman's character finally takes form... it's small, it's roundish, it's yellow.... it has a jagged lightning strike on its side/fur.... and it chirps "Pika pika!"

turgy22

Nothing Special
"Alas! A Polka-man! I will impart upon you an instrument that may be of some use in your hands."

Pikachu acquires an electric accordion.

"And yet we wait for another. I will administer another dose of vitamins and see if we can't get that final character to show up. Push, rokapoke, push!"

Rokapoke's unborn character uses one dose of prenatal vitamins.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Anon checks his watch and sighs.

"I hate dealing with trailing characters, but I fear the hour is at hand that your journeys must begin. The unborn character may come at any time and join the party when he/she is ready. I will give it another dose of prenatal vitamins to see if that helps."

Rokapoke's unborn character uses one dose of prenatal vitamins.

"As I said earlier, I have felt changes taking place in this world. I fear a time of great turmoil is approaching and you must do all that is possible to prevent this land from falling into darkness and chaos. Again. However, even you brave travelers can not overcome the dangers with only my help. You must form alliances with the neighboring non-player characters so that you might acquire more powerful tools and allow your strength to grow. And that is where you shall begin."

"I have heard that three local areas are in need of assistance.
In the land of Queens, some exotic animals have escaped from their zoo. They need someone to find those animals and capture them.
In the ancient Arena, the spectators are leaving due to the over-heated stadium. They need someone to find a way to cool it.
Finally, at the local Fair, it is believed that some of the attraction proprietors are practicing unscrupulous business with the fair patrons. They need to be discovered and banished from the Fair."

"Of course, you do not need to take up one of these challenges. You are also free to explore the land around you, though I cannot say what you might find. On three sides, the Safeway is surrounded by the Petrified Forest. Traveling south will take you back on to Route Two."

"The choice is yours of which direction to take. Let me know when you decide or even if you have an opinion and I may be able to provide you with something to assist you. I also have additional advice to impart and will grant you each the tools necessary to face challenges in this land. I await your reply."

turgy22

Nothing Special
"It is most wise to help the people of Queens. When in their favor, they will let you in their mall, where you can buy magical items to help you. Of course, you don't yet have any money, but I'm sure you'll scrounge some up sooner or later."

"Before you embark, I must give you the tools of survival." Anon holds out a pair of small cubes in the palm of his hand. "These dice are the key to winning battles in the world. This red die, printed with the numbers one through six, is called the Die of Contact (DoC). It will determine whether or not you strike your foes successfully. It may also prove to be a factor in passing other tests that require aggression and pursuit. This white die, with six sides of numbered dots, is called the Die of Safety (DoS). It will determine whether or not you are able to avoid being hit by enemies and whether you can safely perform other tasks throughout your journeys."

"You need not use these dice, only know that they are with you and will remain so until your deaths. They have intrinsic value and will be used automatically when the situation is appropriate. I have a pair for each of you."

Ward acquires a six-sided Die of Contact.
Ward acquires a six-sided Die of Safety.
Melkor's Ghost acquires a six-sided Die of Contact.
Melkor's Ghost acquires a six-sided Die of Safety.
Pikachu acquires a six-sided Die of Contact.
Pikachu acquires a six-sided Die of Safety.
Rokapoke's unborn character acquires a six-sided Die of Contact.
Rokapoke's unborn character acquires a six-sided Die of Safety.

"Now, you should depart for Queens. It is not far. Leave out the front door, go through the parking lot and travel the road until you reach Route Two. Make a left onto Route Two, then go about 20 miles or so and you'll see the Queens Gate on the left. Someone should direct you from there. Good luck adventurers!"

turgy22

Nothing Special
General Notes and Gameplay Updates:

I'm starting to piece together how I want the general game mechanics to work, but there's still going to be a lot of improvisation until I see how they go in a practical situation. Here are things to be aware of for now.
1. Each character has a health meter (Life, or Essence for the ghost). When that reaches zero, you die. Depending on your other numbers, it will go up or down over time.
2. The other important stats are Energy, Fullness and Pain. You want to keep each number over 20 or you'll suffer some very negative effects (Going down to 0 will be much worse). Other effects take place at different spots, but will be less noteworthy. If something is effecting your character, I'll explain it in-game, but not unless it comes up.
3. You can restore your numbers by using or consuming certain items. Again, I'll explain what happens when it happens. Energy and Pain can be restored by resting. You can rest anywhere, but it's better to rest in safe places. Returning to the Safeway will automatically restore all stats to 75 and life to 100. Also, if certain players aren't responding and their numbers are dropping, I may automatically use one of their items to keep things moving. If you have a preference for how your character should do things when you're not around, let me know and I'll try to accommodate.
4. You can inspect any item to get a brief description / clues to what it might do. I'm trying to imagine a purpose for everything I hand out, but if you have another idea on how to use something, give it a try and I might allow it. The clues I give will only reflect on what I have in mind.
5. During combat, the Die of Safety will only be rolled once, at the beginning. If you think your number is too low, you can seek a better defensive position during the battle. The Die of Contact will be rolled every time you try to use a weapon / power against an enemy.
6. Forgot this originally: The party will also have a traveling speed. This is the pace at which they go on foot. The default will be what I'm calling "casual" speed, but the group can move up to 4x faster than that (quickly = 2x, running = 3x, sprinting = 4x) or half as fast (mosey = 1/2x) if they desire. Faster speeds use up significantly more energy than moving casually.

I think that's all for now. I'll tack this post onto the original post for quick reference. Feel free to ask questions.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Ward hops on Sophia's back.

You should be useful in contending with zoo animals, as you are one of them yourself.

Nonsense. I've never been to a zoo in my life.

A fascinating detail, to be sure. Now then, talking gnu, vitamin-soaked phantom, ghost, and mutant pika: let us journey to this place called Queens. Living humans are endangered or at the very least inconvenienced by the the presence of other creatures that are not living humans. And they need our help.

Sophia rolls her eyes, but does oblige, striding through the parking lot.

Mr. Ghost, I've been pondering our situation. We'll probably meet some manner of hostile thing while traveling. Whoever is walking at the front of our group will be the most exposed to attack. Pikachu, while perhaps very quick, is small and seems more vulnerable. Our poor vitamin-chugging friend hasn't even been born yet! So it's either us or you. Ward is a skilled martial artist and would be difficult to attack while atop a gnu. I don't know what your skills might be, but your ethereality might make you a difficult target as well. So either, or both, would be suitable for the fore.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Day: 1
Time: 8:00 am

The party sets out across the parking lot. They move onto the road (which will hereafter be referred to as Safeway Drive) and walk for about an hour and a half before seeing Route Two. They turn left, onto the on-ramp, but see that the path is blocked. There's a dead(?) guy on the on-ramp getting his face eaten off by another guy! The guy doing the face-eating has some sort of string tied around his neck, but is otherwise naked. He doesn't seem to notice as the party approaches. Cause he's too busy eating face. I guess he's not too interested in saving face.

Day: 1
Time: 9:24 am

Status Update
All characters lost 4 Energy and 7 Fullness while traveling.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, this is only a language violation if he actually murdered someone that used proper grammar...

True, but you're currently riding on my back.

I fail to see what that has to do with...

Sophia charges the face-eater.