Commander 2013: Spidey (Nature of the Beast) vs Mooseman (Mind Seize)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Heads it ISN"T.... ha ha ha
Mind Sieze it will be for me.....
Good luck

Spidey: 40
Enemy Commander Combat Dmg Dealt: 0/21
Hand: 7
Library: 92
Command Zone:

Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:
==============================================================================
Mooseman: 40
Hand: 5
Command Zone:1UBR Jeleva, Nephalia’s Scourge (Vampire Wizard, 1/3, Flying When Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge enters the battlefield, each player exiles the top X cards of his or her library, where X is the amount of mana spent to cast Jeleva. Whenever Jeleva attacks, you may cast an instant or sorcery card exiled with it without paying its mana cost. )

Battlefield:

(T) Mountain

(U) Sol Ring (T:2)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Draw 7, keep.

Draw, New Benalia - putting the card back on top of the library, Done

Library: 91
Command Zone: RWG Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 0/0, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. )

Battlefield:

(T) New Benalia (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, scry 1.; T: Add W to my mana pool.

Graveyard:
Exile:
Command Zone:1UBR Jeleva, Nephalia’s Scourge (Vampire Wizard, 1/3, Flying When Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge enters the battlefield, each player exiles the top X cards of his or her library, where X is the amount of mana spent to cast Jeleva. Whenever Jeleva attacks, you may cast an instant or sorcery card exiled with it without paying its mana cost. )

Battlefield:

(T) Mountain

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Island
Guard Gomazoa
Done

Command Zone: RWG Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 0/0, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. )

Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:
Hand: 4

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(U) Mountain

(T) Sol Ring (T:2)

(S) Guard Gomazoa (Jellyfish, 1/3, Defender, flying Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to Guard Gomazoa. )

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Mountain

Done

Library: 90

Battlefield:

(U) New Benalia (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, scry 1.; T: Add W to my mana pool.
(U) Mt

Graveyard:
Exile:
Hand: 4

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(U) Mountain

(S) Guard Gomazoa (Jellyfish, 1/3, Defender, flying Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to Guard Gomazoa. )

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw
Rakdos Carnarium (, L, ETB tapped. When ~ comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add BR to your mana pool. )
Bounce the island

Done

Battlefield:

(U) Mt

Graveyard:
Exile:

Battlefield:

(U) Mountain
(T) Rakdos Carnarium ( ETB tapped. When ~ comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add BR to your mana pool. )

(U) Guard Gomazoa (Jellyfish, 1/3, Defender, flying Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to Guard Gomazoa. )

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Forest
Curse of the Forsaken on you

Done

Hand: 6
Library: 89

Battlefield:

(T) Mt
(T) Forest

Curse of the Forsaken (Enchant player; Whenever a creature attacks enchanted player, its controller gains 1 life)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Mooseman: 40 *Cursed*

Battlefield:

(U) Mountain
(T) Rakdos Carnarium ( ETB tapped. When ~ comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add BR to your mana pool. )

(U) Guard Gomazoa (Jellyfish, 1/3, Defender, flying Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to Guard Gomazoa. )

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wow, that is almost better than the zombie token one.
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Island
Baleful Strix
Draw
Done

Battlefield:

(T) Mt
(T) Forest

Curse of the Forsaken (Enchant player; Whenever a creature attacks enchanted player, its controller gains 1 life)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Command Zone: 1UBR Jeleva, Nephalia’s Scourge (Vampire Wizard, 1/3, Flying When Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge enters the battlefield, each player exiles the top X cards of his or her library, where X is the amount of mana spent to cast Jeleva. Whenever Jeleva attacks, you may cast an instant or sorcery card exiled with it without paying its mana cost. )

Battlefield:

(U) Mountain
(T) Island

(S) Baleful Strix (Artifact Bird, 1/1, Flying, deathtouch. When Baleful Strix enters the battlefield, draw a card. )

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Eh. I think I'd rather have the zombies to have my army continually grow for attacks.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Opal Palace
Marath

Done

Library: 88
Command Zone: RWG

Battlefield:

(T) Opal Palace (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (R, W, G). If I spend this mana to cast my commander, it ETB with a # of +1/+1 ctrs equal to the # of times it's been cast from the command zone this game)
(T) Mt
(T) Forest

(S) Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 4/4 from ctrs, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. ) *4 +1/+1 ctrs*

Graveyard:
Exile:
Command Zone: 1UBR Jeleva, Nephalia’s Scourge (Vampire Wizard, 1/3, Flying When Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge enters the battlefield, each player exiles the top X cards of his or her library, where X is the amount of mana spent to cast Jeleva. Whenever Jeleva attacks, you may cast an instant or sorcery card exiled with it without paying its mana cost. )

Battlefield:

(U) Mountain
(T) Island

(S) Baleful Strix (Artifact Bird, 1/1, Flying, deathtouch. When Baleful Strix enters the battlefield, draw a card. )

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Swamp

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Opal Palace (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (R, W, G). If I spend this mana to cast my commander, it ETB with a # of +1/+1 ctrs equal to the # of times it's been cast from the command zone this game)
(T) Mt
(T) Forest

(S) Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 4/4 from ctrs, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. ) *4 +1/+1 ctrs*

Graveyard:
Exile:

Battlefield:

(U) Mountain
(U) Swamp
(U) Island
(U) Rakdos Carnarium ( ETB tapped. When ~ comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add BR to your mana pool. )

(U) Baleful Strix (Artifact Bird, 1/1, Flying, deathtouch. When Baleful Strix enters the battlefield, draw a card. )

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Mt

Done

Library: 87

Battlefield:

(U) Opal Palace (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (R, W, G). If I spend this mana to cast my commander, it ETB with a # of +1/+1 ctrs equal to the # of times it's been cast from the command zone this game)
(U,U) Mt x2
(U) Forest

(U) Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 4/4 from ctrs, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. ) *4 +1/+1 ctrs*

Graveyard:
Exile:

Battlefield:

(U) Mountain
(U) Swamp
(U) Island
(U) Rakdos Carnarium ( ETB tapped. When ~ comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add BR to your mana pool. )

(U) Baleful Strix (Artifact Bird, 1/1, Flying, deathtouch. When Baleful Strix enters the battlefield, draw a card. )

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Swamp

Done

Library: 87

Battlefield:

(U) Opal Palace (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (R, W, G). If I spend this mana to cast my commander, it ETB with a # of +1/+1 ctrs equal to the # of times it's been cast from the command zone this game)
(U,U) Mt x2
(U) Forest

(U) Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 4/4 from ctrs, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. ) *4 +1/+1 ctrs*

Graveyard:
Exile:

Battlefield:

(U) Mountain
(UU) Swamp x2
(U) Island

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Forest
Druidic Satchel

Done

Library: 86

Battlefield:

(T,T) Mt x2
(T,U) Forest x2

(U) Druidic Satchel (2, T: Reveal the top card of my library. If it's a creature card, put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield. If it's a land card, put that card onto the battlefield under my control. If it's a noncreature, nonland card, I gain 2 life)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Battlefield:

(U) Mountain
(UU) Swamp x2
(U) Island

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw
MT
Jeleva, Nephalia’s Scourge
We each exile 4 cards
Done

Library: 86

Battlefield:

(T,T) Mt x2
(T,U) Forest x2

(U) Druidic Satchel (2, T: Reveal the top card of my library. If it's a creature card, put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield. If it's a land card, put that card onto the battlefield under my control. If it's a noncreature, nonland card, I gain 2 life)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Library: 83
Command Zone: 1UBR
Battlefield:

(UT) Mountain x2
(UU) Swamp x2
(T) Island

(S) Jeleva, Nephalia’s Scourge (Vampire Wizard, 1/3, Flying When Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge enters the battlefield, each player exiles the top X cards of his or her library, where X is the amount of mana spent to cast Jeleva. Whenever Jeleva attacks, you may cast an instant or sorcery card exiled with it without paying its mana cost. )

Graveyard:
Exile: Swamp, Grixis Charm, Wayfarer’s Bauble, Curse of Shallow Graves

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I exile Cultivate, Hull Breach, Boros Garrison, War Cadence.

EOT, I tap out and remove 3 ctrs from Marath to deal 3 dmg to Jeleva. Responses?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Let's see if that was a good move :)

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Mt

Done

Library: 81

Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Mt x3
(U,U) Forest x2

(U) Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 1/1 from ctrs, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. ) *1 +1/+1 ctrs*

Graveyard:
Exile: Cultivate, Hull Breach, Boros Garrison, War Cadence
Library: 83
Battlefield:

(UT) Mountain x2
(UU) Swamp x2
(T) Island

Graveyard:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Fissure Vent your Opal Palace and Satchel

Response?

Library: 81

Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Mt x3
(U,U) Forest x2

(U) Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 1/1 from ctrs, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. ) *1 +1/+1 ctrs*

Graveyard:
Exile: Cultivate, Hull Breach, Boros Garrison, War Cadence
Library: 82
Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
(UT) Swamp x2
(U) Island

Graveyard:Fissure Vent