Commander 2013: Spidey (Nature of the Beast) vs Mooseman (Mind Seize)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Swamp
Army of the Damned, Mirari to copy it
I get 26 2/2 zombies (used shorthand method.)

Done

Spidey: 30
Enemy Commander Combat Dmg Dealt: 0/21
Hand: 5
Library: 73
Command Zone: RWG Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 1/1 from ctrs, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. )

Battlefield:

(T) New Benalia (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, scry 1.; T: Add W to my mana pool.
(U) Gruul Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add R or G to my mana pool)
(U) Rupture Spire (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, sac it unless I pay 1; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T,T) Forest x3

Curse of the Forsaken (Enchant player; Whenever a creature attacks enchanted player, its controller gains 1 life)

(U) Behemoth Sledge (Equipped creature has +2/+2 and has lifelink and trample.; Equip 3)

(T) Gahiji, Honored One (4/4; Whenever a creature attacks Mooseman or a planeswalker Mooseman controls, that creature gets +2/+0 ueot)

Graveyard:Opal Palac, Druidic Satchel, Crater Hellion, Avenger of Zendikar, Harmonize
Exile: Cultivate, Hull Breach, Boros Garrison, War Cadence
==============================================================================
Mooseman: 39 *Cursed*
Hand: 4
Library: 67
Command Zone: 1UBR Jeleva, Nephalia’s Scourge (Vampire Wizard, 1/3, Flying When Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge enters the battlefield, each player exiles the top X cards of his or her library, where X is the amount of mana spent to cast Jeleva. Whenever Jeleva attacks, you may cast an instant or sorcery card exiled with it without paying its mana cost. )
Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
(TTT) Swamp x3
(TT) Island x2
(U) Command Tower (T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity.)
(T) Rakdos Carnarium ( ETB tapped. When ~ comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add BR to your mana pool. )
(T) Sol Ring (T:2)
(U) Izzet Boilerworks ( ETB tapped. ETB bounce a land T: Add UR to your mana pool. )

Swiftfoot Boots (Equipped creature has hexproof and haste. Equip {1} )
Mirari (Whenever you play an instant or sorcery spell, you may pay 3. If you do, put a copy of that spell onto the stack. You may choose new targets for the copy.)

(U) Mnemonic Wall (, 0/4, Defender When ~ enters the battlefield, you may return target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand. ) ~Shod~
(S) Zombie Token (2/2) x13

Graveyard:Fissure Vent, Baleful Strix, Guard Gomazoa, Echo Mage, Guttersnipe, Decree of Pain, Crumbling Necropolis, Swamp. Island, Echo Mage, Armillary Sphere, Opportunity, Uyo, Silent Prophet, Army of the Damned
Exile: Swamp, Grixis Charm, Wayfarer’s Bauble, Curse of Shallow Graves

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
rokapoke's gaining converts!

And I'm damned....

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Equip the Sledge to Gahiji
Attack, gaining 1 life from the Curse
Responses/blocks/take it?

Spidey: 31
Command Zone: RWG Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 1/1 from ctrs, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. )

Battlefield:

(U) New Benalia (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, scry 1.; T: Add W to my mana pool.
(U) Rupture Spire (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, sac it unless I pay 1; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(T,T,U) Mt x3
(T,U,U) Forest x3

Curse of the Forsaken (Enchant player; Whenever a creature attacks enchanted player, its controller gains 1 life)

(U) Behemoth Sledge (Equipped creature has +2/+2 and has lifelink and trample.; Equip 3)

(T) Gahiji, Honored One (6/6; Lifelink; Trample from Sledge; Whenever a creature attacks Mooseman or a planeswalker Mooseman controls, that creature gets +2/+0 ueot) *Equipped w/Sledge*

Graveyard:Opal Palac, Druidic Satchel, Crater Hellion, Avenger of Zendikar, Harmonize
Command Zone: 1UBR Jeleva, Nephalia’s Scourge (Vampire Wizard, 1/3, Flying When Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge enters the battlefield, each player exiles the top X cards of his or her library, where X is the amount of mana spent to cast Jeleva. Whenever Jeleva attacks, you may cast an instant or sorcery card exiled with it without paying its mana cost. )
Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
(TTT) Swamp x3
(TT) Island x2
(U) Command Tower (T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity.)
(T) Rakdos Carnarium ( ETB tapped. When ~ comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add BR to your mana pool. )
(U) Izzet Boilerworks ( ETB tapped. ETB bounce a land T: Add UR to your mana pool. )

Mirari (Whenever you play an instant or sorcery spell, you may pay 3. If you do, put a copy of that spell onto the stack. You may choose new targets for the copy.)

(U) Mnemonic Wall (, 0/4, Defender When ~ enters the battlefield, you may return target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand. ) ~Shod~

Graveyard:Fissure Vent, Baleful Strix, Guard Gomazoa, Echo Mage, Guttersnipe, Decree of Pain, Crumbling Necropolis, Swamp. Island, Echo Mage, Armillary Sphere, Opportunity, Uyo, Silent Prophet, Army of the Damned

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Everyone in combat dies, you take 2 trample dmg and I gain 8 life.

Wrath of God
Responses?

Spidey: 39

Battlefield:

(T) Rupture Spire (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, sac it unless I pay 1; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T,U) Forest x3

Graveyard:Opal Palac, Druidic Satchel, Crater Hellion, Avenger of Zendikar, Harmonize, Gahiji, Honored One, Wrath of God
Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
(TTT) Swamp x3
(TT) Island x2

(S) Zombie Token (2/2) x9

R

rokapoke

Moosey doesn't take trample damage -- you haven't killed all six of his 2/2 blockers...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's the only thing I can really do...

Naya Panorama
Use it to get a Plains

Done

Library: 72

Battlefield:

(T) Rupture Spire (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, sac it unless I pay 1; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T) Plains

Graveyard:Opal Palac, Druidic Satchel, Crater Hellion, Avenger of Zendikar, Harmonize, Gahiji, Honored One, Wrath of God, Naya Panorama
Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
(TTT) Swamp x3
(TT) Island x2

Graveyard:Fissure Vent, Baleful Strix, Guard Gomazoa, Echo Mage, Guttersnipe, Decree of Pain, Crumbling Necropolis, Swamp. Island, Echo Mage, Armillary Sphere, Opportunity, Uyo, Silent Prophet, Army of the Damned, Mnemonic Wall
Exile: Swamp, Grixis Charm, Wayfarer’s Bauble, Curse of Shallow Graves[/quote]

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Board clearing is always game changing.
UUD
Evolving Wilds
Strategic Planning
TTGY: Skyscribing and Vampire Nighthawk
Done

Library: 72

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T) Plains

Graveyard:Opal Palac, Druidic Satchel, Crater Hellion, Avenger of Zendikar, Harmonize, Gahiji, Honored One, Wrath of God, Naya Panorama
Library: 66
Battlefield:

(UU) Mountain x2
(UUU) Swamp x3
(UU) Island x2
(U) Rakdos Carnarium ( ETB tapped. When ~ comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add BR to your mana pool. )
(U) Sol Ring (T:2)
(T) Izzet Boilerworks ( ETB tapped. ETB bounce a land T: Add UR to your mana pool. )
(U) Evolving Wilds (, L, {T}, Sacrifice Evolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.)

Graveyard:Fissure Vent, Baleful Strix, Guard Gomazoa, Echo Mage, Guttersnipe, Decree of Pain, Crumbling Necropolis, Swamp. Island, Echo Mage, Armillary Sphere, Opportunity, Uyo, Silent Prophet, Army of the Damned, Mnemonic Wall

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, draw

Temple of the False God
Marath

Done

Library: 71
Command Zone: RWG

Battlefield:

(U) Temple of the False God (T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control 5 or more lands)
(T,T,U) Mt x3
(T,T,U) Forest x3
(T) Plains

(S) Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 5/5 from ctrs, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. ) *5 +1/+1 ctrs*

Library: 66
Battlefield:

(UU) Mountain x2
(UUU) Swamp x3
(UU) Island x2
(U) Rakdos Carnarium ( ETB tapped. When ~ comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add BR to your mana pool. )
(U) Sol Ring (T:2)
(T) Izzet Boilerworks ( ETB tapped. ETB bounce a land T: Add UR to your mana pool. )
(U) Evolving Wilds (, L, {T}, Sacrifice Evolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
EOT: Sac the wilds for a MT
Untap, upkeep, draw

Sudden Spoiling (Split second (As long as this spell is on the stack, players can't play spells or activated abilities that aren't mana abilities.)
On the Marath
Cruel Ultimatum, Mirari it
Response?

Battlefield:

(U) Temple of the False God (T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control 5 or more lands)
(T,T,U) Mt x3
(T,T,U) Forest x3
(T) Plains

(S) Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 5/5 from ctrs, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. ) *5 +1/+1 ctrs*

Library: 64
Battlefield:

(TTT) Mountain x3
(TTT) Swamp x3
(TT) Island x2
(T) Command Tower (T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity.)

Graveyard:Fissure Vent, Baleful Strix, Guard Gomazoa, Echo Mage, Guttersnipe, Decree of Pain, Crumbling Necropolis, Swamp. Island, Echo Mage, Armillary Sphere, Opportunity, Uyo, Silent Prophet, Army of the Damned, Mnemonic Wall, Evolving Wilds

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Take 10, I gain 10
Marath goes away (commander zone I'll bet)
I'll get Mnemonic Wall and Guttersnipe back to my hand and draw 6
Discard
Done

Spidey: 29
Command Zone: RWG Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 5/5 from ctrs, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. )

Battlefield:

(T,T,U) Mt x3
(T,T,U) Forest x3
(T) Plains

Mooseman: 49 *Cursed*
Hand: 4 (Guttersnipe,
Mnemonic Wall
Battlefield:

(TTT) Mountain x3
(TTT) Swamp x3
(TT) Island x2
(T) Command Tower (T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity.)

Graveyard:Fissure Vent, Baleful Strix, Guard Gomazoa, Echo Mage, , Decree of Pain, Crumbling Necropolis, Swamp. Island, Echo Mage, Armillary Sphere, Opportunity, Uyo, Silent Prophet, Army of the Damned, Evolving Wilds, Mountain, Swamp, Nivix Guildmage, Viseling

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All righty then.

EOT, Sprouting Vines. Do your two spells count for the Storm or did that end at the beginning of eot?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
They count
Storm (When you cast this spell, copy it for each spell cast before it this turn.)
Go get your 3 Basic lands

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll get 2 Plains and a Mt

Untap, upkeep, draw

Plains
Marath

Done

Hand: 6

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,U) Plains x2

(S) Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 7/7 from ctrs, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. ) *7 +1/+1 ctrs*

Graveyard:Opal Palac, Druidic Satchel, Crater Hellion, Avenger of Zendikar, Harmonize, Gahiji, Honored One, Wrath of God, Naya Panorama, Sprouting Vines
Hand: 4 (Guttersnipe,
Mnemonic Wall
Battlefield:

(TTT) Mountain x3
(TTT) Swamp x3
(TT) Island x2

Graveyard:Fissure Vent, Baleful Strix, Guard Gomazoa, Echo Mage, , Decree of Pain, Crumbling Necropolis, Swamp. Island, Echo Mage, Armillary Sphere, Opportunity, Uyo, Silent Prophet, Army of the Damned, Evolving Wilds, Mountain, Swamp, Nivix Guildmage, Viseling

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, draw
Mnemonic Wall
Response? To it ETB?

Hand: 6

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,U) Plains x2

(S) Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 7/7 from ctrs, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. ) *7 +1/+1 ctrs*

Graveyard:Opal Palac, Druidic Satchel, Crater Hellion, Avenger of Zendikar, Harmonize, Gahiji, Honored One, Wrath of God, Naya Panorama, Sprouting Vines
Hand: 7 (Guttersnipe)
Library: 63
Battlefield:

(UUT) Mountain x3
(UUU) Swamp x3
(UU) Island x2

(S) Mnemonic Wall (, 0/4, Defender When ~ enters the battlefield, you may return target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand. )