Commander 2013: Spidey (Nature of the Beast) vs Mooseman (Mind Seize)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All righty. LOL, that's what I get for posting after midnight, I totally should have used Marath's counters.

Untap, upkeep, draw

Sol Ring
Marath
Mayael the Anima

Done

Spidey: 25
Enemy Commander Combat Dmg Dealt: 0/21
Hand: 1
Library: 67
Command Zone: RWG
Battlefield:

(U) New Benalia (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, scry 1.; T: Add W to my mana pool.
(U) Gruul Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add R or G to my mana pool)
(U) Rupture Spire (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, sac it unless I pay 1; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(U) Temple of the False God (T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control 5 or more lands)
(T,T,U) Mt x3
(T,T,U) Forest x3
(T,T) Plains x2

Curse of the Forsaken (Enchant player; Whenever a creature attacks enchanted player, its controller gains 1 life)

(U) Sol Ring (T: Add 2 to my mana pool)

(S) Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 3/3 from ctrs, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. ) *3 +1/+1 ctrs*

(S) Mayael the Anima (2/3; 3RGW: Look at the top 5 cards of my library. I may put a creature card with power 5 or greater from among them onto the battlefield. Put the rest on the bottom of my library in any order)

Graveyard:Opal Palac, Druidic Satchel, Crater Hellion, Avenger of Zendikar, Harmonize, Gahiji, Honored One, Wrath of God, Naya Panorama, Sprouting Vines, Darksteel Mutation, Boros Charm, Krosan Tusker,Behemoth Sledge
Exile: Cultivate, Hull Breach, Boros Garrison, War Cadence
==============================================================================
Mooseman: 52 *Cursed*
Enemy Commander Combat Dmg Dealt: 7/21
Hand: 4
Library: 56
Command Zone: 1UBR Jeleva, Nephalia’s Scourge (Vampire Wizard, 1/3, Flying When Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge enters the battlefield, each player exiles the top X cards of his or her library, where X is the amount of mana spent to cast Jeleva. Whenever Jeleva attacks, you may cast an instant or sorcery card exiled with it without paying its mana cost. )
Battlefield:

(UUT) Mountain x3
(UUU) Swamp x3
(UUT) Island x3
(U) Command Tower (T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity.)
(U) Rakdos Carnarium ( ETB tapped. When ~ comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add BR to your mana pool. )
(U) Sol Ring (T:2)
(T) Izzet Boilerworks ( ETB tapped. ETB bounce a land T: Add UR to your mana pool. )
(T) Temple of the False God (, L, T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control 5 or more lands)

Swiftfoot Boots (Equipped creature has hexproof and haste. Equip {1} )
Mirari (Whenever you play an instant or sorcery spell, you may pay 3. If you do, put a copy of that spell onto the stack. You may choose new targets for the copy.)

(U) Mnemonic Wall (, 0/4, Defender When ~ enters the battlefield, you may return target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand. ) ~Booted~
(S) True-Name Nemesis (, 3/1, As True-Name Nemesis enters the battlefield, choose a player. True-Name Nemesis has protection from the chosen player. (This creature can't be blocked, targeted, dealt damage, or enchanted by anything controlled by that player.) )
(S) Guttersnipe (Goblin Shaman, 2/2, Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, Guttersnipe deals 2 damage to each opponent.)

Graveyard:Fissure Vent, Baleful Strix, Guard Gomazoa, Echo Mage, , Decree of Pain, Crumbling Necropolis, Swamp. Island, Echo Mage, Armillary Sphere, Opportunity, Uyo, Silent Prophet, Army of the Damned, Evolving Wilds, Mountain, Swamp, Nivix Guildmage, Viseling, Cruel Ultimatum, Izzet Guildgate, Vivid Creek, Curse of Chaos, 3 Temple Bell , Jace’s Archivist, Chrosis's Charm
Exile: Swamp, Grixis Charm, Wayfarer’s Bauble, Curse of Shallow Graves

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, draw

Price of Knowledge
Prosperity for 10 cards: 2 damage to you
Dimir Guildgate
Done

Spidey: 23
Hand: 1
Library: 67
Battlefield:

(U) Rupture Spire (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, sac it unless I pay 1; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(U) Temple of the False God (T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control 5 or more lands)
(T,T,U) Mt x3
(T,T,U) Forest x3
(T,T) Plains x2

Curse of the Forsaken (Enchant player; Whenever a creature attacks enchanted player, its controller gains 1 life)

(U) Sol Ring (T: Add 2 to my mana pool)

(S) Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 3/3 from ctrs, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. ) *3 +1/+1 ctrs*

(S) Mayael the Anima (2/3; 3RGW: Look at the top 5 cards of my library. I may put a creature card with power 5 or greater from among them onto the battlefield. Put the rest on the bottom of my library in any order)

Graveyard:Opal Palac, Druidic Satchel, Crater Hellion, Avenger of Zendikar, Harmonize, Gahiji, Honored One, Wrath of God, Naya Panorama, Sprouting Vines, Darksteel Mutation, Boros Charm, Krosan Tusker,Behemoth Sledge
Library: 46
Command Zone: 1UBR Jeleva, Nephalia’s Scourge (Vampire Wizard, 1/3, Flying When Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge enters the battlefield, each player exiles the top X cards of his or her library, where X is the amount of mana spent to cast Jeleva. Whenever Jeleva attacks, you may cast an instant or sorcery card exiled with it without paying its mana cost. )
Battlefield:

(TTT) Mountain x3
(TTT) Swamp x3
(TTT) Island x3
(T) Command Tower (T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity.)
(T) Dimir Guildgate (ETB Tapped; {T}: Add {U} or {B} to your mana pool. )
(T) Rakdos Carnarium ( ETB tapped. When ~ comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add BR to your mana pool. )
(T) Sol Ring (T:2)
(T) Izzet Boilerworks ( ETB tapped. ETB bounce a land T: Add UR to your mana pool. )
(T) Temple of the False God (, L, T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control 5 or more lands)

Price of Knowledge (Players have no maximum hand size. At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, Price of Knowledge deals damage to that player equal to the number of cards in that player's hand. )

Mirari (Whenever you play an instant or sorcery spell, you may pay 3. If you do, put a copy of that spell onto the stack. You may choose new targets for the copy.)

(U) Mnemonic Wall (, 0/4, Defender When ~ enters the battlefield, you may return target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand. ) ~Booted~
(S) True-Name Nemesis (, 3/1, As True-Name Nemesis enters the battlefield, choose a player. True-Name Nemesis has protection from the chosen player. (This creature can't be blocked, targeted, dealt damage, or enchanted by anything controlled by that player.) )
(S) Guttersnipe (Goblin Shaman, 2/2, Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, Guttersnipe deals 2 damage to each opponent.)

Graveyard:Fissure Vent, Baleful Strix, Guard Gomazoa, Echo Mage, , Decree of Pain, Crumbling Necropolis, Swamp. Island, Echo Mage, Armillary Sphere, Opportunity, Uyo, Silent Prophet, Army of the Damned, Evolving Wilds, Mountain, Swamp, Nivix Guildmage, Viseling, Cruel Ultimatum, Izzet Guildgate, Vivid Creek, Curse of Chaos, 3 Temple Bell , Jace’s Archivist, Chrosis's Charm
Exile: Swamp, Grixis Charm, Wayfarer’s Bauble, Curse of Shallow Graves[/quote]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Aaah. So that's what I needed when I played that deck.

Untap, upkeep - I take 11, draw

Curse of Predation on you
Attack with Marath and Mayael, putting ctrs on them and gaining 2 life
Responses/blocks/take it?

Spidey: 14
Hand: 11
Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Mt x3
(T,U,U) Forest x3
(U,U) Plains x2

Curse of Peedation (Enchant player; Whenever a creature attacks enchanted player, put a +1/+1 ctr on it)

(T) Sol Ring (T: Add 2 to my mana pool)

(T) Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 4/4 from ctrs, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. ) *4 +1/+1 ctrs*
(T) Mayael the Anima (3/4 from ctr; 3RGW: Look at the top 5 cards of my library. I may put a creature card with power 5 or greater from among them onto the battlefield. Put the rest on the bottom of my library in any order) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Battlefield:

(TTT) Mountain x3
(TTT) Swamp x3
(TTT) Island x3
(T) Command Tower (T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity.)
(T) Rakdos Carnarium ( ETB tapped. When ~ comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add BR to your mana pool. )

Price of Knowledge (Players have no maximum hand size. At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, Price of Knowledge deals damage to that player equal to the number of cards in that player's hand. )

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You take 3

Warstorm Surge
Rampaging Baloths, dealing its dmg to the Guttersnipe
Vivid Crag, triggering the Baloth's landfall and creating a Beast token, triggering the Warstorm Surge and targeting you for the dmg

Done

Hand: 8
Battlefield:

(T) New Benalia (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, scry 1.; T: Add W to my mana pool.
(T) Gruul Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add R or G to my mana pool)
(T) Rupture Spire (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, sac it unless I pay 1; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(T) Temple of the False God (T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control 5 or more lands)
(T) Vivid Crag (~ ETB tapped with 2 charge ctrs on it.; T: Add R to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,T) Plains x2

Curse of Peedation (Enchant player; Whenever a creature attacks enchanted player, put a +1/+1 ctr on it)
Warstorm Surge (Whenever a creature ETB under my control, it deals dmg equal to its power to target creature or player)

(T) Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 4/4 from ctrs, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. ) *4 +1/+1 ctrs*
(T) Mayael the Anima (3/4 from ctr; 3RGW: Look at the top 5 cards of my library. I may put a creature card with power 5 or greater from among them onto the battlefield. Put the rest on the bottom of my library in any order) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(S) Rampaging Baloths (6/6; Trample; Landfall-Whenever a land ETB under my control, I may put a 4/4 green Beast creature token onto the battlefield)
(S) Beast creature token (4/4)

Mooseman: 45 *Cursed*
Battlefield:

(TTT) Mountain x3
(TTT) Swamp x3
(TTT) Island x3

Graveyard:Fissure Vent, Baleful Strix, Guard Gomazoa, Echo Mage, , Decree of Pain, Crumbling Necropolis, Swamp. Island, Echo Mage, Armillary Sphere, Opportunity, Uyo, Silent Prophet, Army of the Damned, Evolving Wilds, Mountain, Swamp, Nivix Guildmage, Viseling, Cruel Ultimatum, Izzet Guildgate, Vivid Creek, Curse of Chaos, 3 Temple Bell , Jace’s Archivist, Chrosis's Charm, Guttersnipe

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UU
Draw
Island
Phthisis targeting the Baloths and the Mirari version targeting the token.
Response?

Hand: 8
Battlefield:

(T) New Benalia (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, scry 1.; T: Add W to my mana pool.
(T) Gruul Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add R or G to my mana pool)
(T) Rupture Spire (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, sac it unless I pay 1; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(T) Temple of the False God (T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control 5 or more lands)
(T) Vivid Crag (~ ETB tapped with 2 charge ctrs on it.; T: Add R to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,T) Plains x2

Warstorm Surge (Whenever a creature ETB under my control, it deals dmg equal to its power to target creature or player)

(S) Rampaging Baloths (6/6; Trample; Landfall-Whenever a land ETB under my control, I may put a 4/4 green Beast creature token onto the battlefield)
(S) Beast creature token (4/4)

Mooseman: 45 *Cursed*
Hand: 11
Library: 45
Battlefield:

(UUT) Mountain x3
(UTT) Swamp x3
(UUT) Island x3
(U) Sol Ring (T:2)
(U) Izzet Boilerworks ( ETB tapped. ETB bounce a land T: Add UR to your mana pool. )
(U) Temple of the False God (, L, T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control 5 or more lands)

Graveyard:Fissure Vent, Baleful Strix, Guard Gomazoa, Echo Mage, , Decree of Pain, Crumbling Necropolis, Swamp. Island, Echo Mage, Armillary Sphere, Opportunity, Uyo, Silent Prophet, Army of the Damned, Evolving Wilds, Mountain, Swamp, Nivix Guildmage, Viseling, Cruel Ultimatum, Izzet Guildgate, Vivid Creek, Curse of Chaos, 3 Temple Bell , Jace’s Archivist, Chrosis's Charm, Guttersnipe,Phthisis

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Yeah, I think 20 damage is gonna do it. That was a longer game.
This deck has a lot of damage spells and Mirari makes them hit again.
But Marath's ability kept me from bringing my commander into play. Although I guess i could have swift booted Jevela to keep it in play, but it would be a one time shot, since it has to attack.
I guess it's on to Evasive Maneuvers for me and you're piloting Eternal Bargain.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Good game! Yeah, I got the mana and more spells out to put up a fight, but your removal just kept coming. I tried to keep enough mana open to keep Jeleva off the board once it got on. I sure wish I drew Price of Knowledge when I played the deck, I had several "everyone draw X cards" cards in my hand but since I didn't, they'd just benefit you more than me at the rate I was going.

Yep, I'll start a new thread but have to put the deck in Excel.