Commander 2013: Spidey (Nature of the Beast) vs Mooseman (Mind Seize)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
You get a saporling
Attack with the bird
Done

Spidey: 39
Enemy Commander Combat Dmg Dealt: 0/21
Hand: 5
Library: 81
Command Zone: RWG

Battlefield:

(U) New Benalia (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, scry 1.; T: Add W to my mana pool.
(U,U,U) Mt x3
(U,U) Forest x2

Curse of the Forsaken (Enchant player; Whenever a creature attacks enchanted player, its controller gains 1 life)

(U) Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 1/1 from ctrs, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. ) *1 +1/+1 ctrs*
(S) Saproling creature token (1/1)

Graveyard:Opal Palac, Druidic Satchel
Exile: Cultivate, Hull Breach, Boros Garrison, War Cadence
==============================================================================
Mooseman: 40 *Cursed*
Library: 82
Command Zone: 1UBR Jeleva, Nephalia’s Scourge (Vampire Wizard, 1/3, Flying When Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge enters the battlefield, each player exiles the top X cards of his or her library, where X is the amount of mana spent to cast Jeleva. Whenever Jeleva attacks, you may cast an instant or sorcery card exiled with it without paying its mana cost. )
Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
(UT) Swamp x2
(U) Island
(U) Rakdos Carnarium ( ETB tapped. When ~ comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add BR to your mana pool. )
(T) Sol Ring (T:2)

(U) Guard Gomazoa (Jellyfish, 1/3, Defender, flying Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to Guard Gomazoa. )
(T) Baleful Strix (Artifact Bird, 1/1, Flying, deathtouch. When Baleful Strix enters the battlefield, draw a card. )

Graveyard:Fissure Vent
Exile: Swamp, Grixis Charm, Wayfarer’s Bauble, Curse of Shallow Graves

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
During Blockers, I'll tap R and remove the last counter from Marath to deal 1 to the Bird. Responses?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All righty.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Done

Spidey: 40
Hand: 6
Library: 80
Command Zone: RWG Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 1/1 from ctrs, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. )

Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Mt x3
(U,U) Forest x2

Curse of the Forsaken (Enchant player; Whenever a creature attacks enchanted player, its controller gains 1 life)

(U) Saproling creature token (1/1)

Library: 82
Command Zone: 1UBR Jeleva, Nephalia’s Scourge (Vampire Wizard, 1/3, Flying When Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge enters the battlefield, each player exiles the top X cards of his or her library, where X is the amount of mana spent to cast Jeleva. Whenever Jeleva attacks, you may cast an instant or sorcery card exiled with it without paying its mana cost. )
Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
(UT) Swamp x2
(U) Island
(U) Rakdos Carnarium ( ETB tapped. When ~ comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add BR to your mana pool. )

(U) Guard Gomazoa (Jellyfish, 1/3, Defender, flying Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to Guard Gomazoa. )

Graveyard:Fissure Vent, Baleful Strix

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw
Command Tower
Echo Mage
Done

Library: 80
Command Zone: RWG Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 1/1 from ctrs, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. )

Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Mt x3
(U,U) Forest x2

(U) Saproling creature token (1/1)

Hand: 4
Battlefield:

(UU) Mountain x2
(UT) Swamp x2
(T) Island
(U) Sol Ring (T:2)
(T) Command Tower (T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity.)

(S) Echo Mage (, 2/3, Level up {1}{U} LEVEL 2-3 2/4{U}{U}, {T}: Copy target instant or sorcery spell. You may choose new targets for the copy. LEVEL 4+ 2/5 {U}{U}, {T}: Copy target instant or sorcery spell twice. You may choose new targets for the copies. )

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Gruul Guildgate
Crater Hellion

Done

Library: 79

Battlefield:

(T) New Benalia (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, scry 1.; T: Add W to my mana pool.
(T) Gruul Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add R or G to my mana pool)
(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T) Forest x2

(S) Crater Hellion (6/6; Echo 4RR; When ~ ETB, it deals 4 dmg to each other creature)

Battlefield:

(UU) Mountain x2
(UT) Swamp x2
(T) Island
(U) Sol Ring (T:2)
(T) Command Tower (T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity.)

(U) Guard Gomazoa (Jellyfish, 1/3, Defender, flying Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to Guard Gomazoa. ) *Dead?*
(S) Echo Mage (, 2/3, Level up {1}{U} LEVEL 2-3 2/4{U}{U}, {T}: Copy target instant or sorcery spell. You may choose new targets for the copy. LEVEL 4+ 2/5 {U}{U}, {T}: Copy target instant or sorcery spell twice. You may choose new targets for the copies. ) *Dead?*

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw
Cruel Ultimatum
I'll get the Echo Mage
Guttersnipe
Izzet Boilerworks , bounce a swamp
Done

Spidey: 35

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T) Forest x2

Graveyard:Opal Palac, Druidic Satchel, Crater Hellion
Mooseman: 45 *Cursed*
Hand: 7
Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
(T) Swamp x1
(T) Island
(T) Rakdos Carnarium ( ETB tapped. When ~ comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add BR to your mana pool. )
(T) Izzet Boilerworks ( ETB tapped. ETB bounce a land T: Add UR to your mana pool. )

( S) Guttersnipe (Goblin Shaman, 2/2, Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, Guttersnipe deals 2 damage to each opponent.)

Graveyard:Fissure Vent, Baleful Strix, Guard Gomazoa, Echo Mage

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Damn... nice

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Avenger of Zendikar

Done

Library: 78

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T) Forest x2

(S) Avenger of Zendikar (5/5; When ~ ETB, put a 0/1 green Plant creature token onto the battlefield for each land I control.; Landfall-Whenever a land ETB under my control, I may put a +1/+1 ctr on each Plant creature I control)
(S) Plant creature token (0/1)

Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
(T) Swamp x1
(T) Island
(T) Rakdos Carnarium ( ETB tapped. When ~ comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add BR to your mana pool. )
(T) Izzet Boilerworks ( ETB tapped. ETB bounce a land T: Add UR to your mana pool. )

( S) Guttersnipe (Goblin Shaman, 2/2, Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, Guttersnipe deals 2 damage to each opponent.)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Whoa......
UUD
Swamp
Tempt with Reflections (, S, Tempting offer — Choose target creature you control. Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of that creature. Each opponent may put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of that creature. For each opponent who does, put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of that creature.)
On the Guttersnipe
Response? get a guttersnipe?

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T) Forest x2

(S) Avenger of Zendikar (5/5; When ~ ETB, put a 0/1 green Plant creature token onto the battlefield for each land I control.; Landfall-Whenever a land ETB under my control, I may put a +1/+1 ctr on each Plant creature I control)

Battlefield:

(UU) Mountain x2
(UU) Swamp x2
(U) Island
(U) Command Tower (T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity.)

( U) Guttersnipe (Goblin Shaman, 2/2, Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, Guttersnipe deals 2 damage to each opponent.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Whoa. So if I take the offer, you get one more Guttersnipe, right? My Guttersnipe is triggered by the instants and sorceries I cast and control, not you, right?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Take 2 from the Tempt with Reflections /Guttersnipe combo
Decree of Pain
Response?

Spidey: 33

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T) Forest x2

Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
(TT) Swamp x2
(T) Island

( U) Guttersnipe (Goblin Shaman, 2/2, Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, Guttersnipe deals 2 damage to each opponent.)

Graveyard:Fissure Vent, Baleful Strix, Guard Gomazoa, Echo Mage,
Decree of Pain

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
You take 4, all creatures die and I draw 10 cards.
Discard and I am done

Spidey: 29

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T) Forest x2

Graveyard:Opal Palac, Druidic Satchel, Crater Hellion, Avenger of Zendikar
Library: 68
Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
(TT) Swamp x2
(T) Island

Graveyard:Fissure Vent, Baleful Strix, Guard Gomazoa, Cuel Ultimatum, Echo Mage, Guttersnipe, Decree of Pain, Crumbling Necropolis, Swamp. Island, Echo Mage, Armillary Sphere, Opportunity, Uyo, Silent Prophet

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Gahiji, Honored One
Ruptured Spire

Done

Library: 77

Battlefield:

(T) Rupture Spire (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, sac it unless I pay 1; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,U) Forest x2

(S) Gahiji, Honored One (4/4; Whenever a creature attacks Mooseman or a planeswalker Mooseman controls, that creature gets +2/+0 ueot)

Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
(TT) Swamp x2
(T) Island

Graveyard:Fissure Vent, Baleful Strix, Guard Gomazoa, Cuel Ultimatum, Echo Mage, Guttersnipe, Decree of Pain, Crumbling Necropolis, Swamp. Island, Echo Mage, Armillary Sphere, Opportunity, Uyo, Silent Prophet

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Sorry dude, but this is getting ridicules.....
Untap, upkeep, Draw
Islan
Mirari
Swiftfoot Boots
Mnemonic Wall, getting Cruel Ultimatum,
Equip the swift boots

Done

Library: 77

Battlefield:

(T) Rupture Spire (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, sac it unless I pay 1; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,U) Forest x2

(S) Gahiji, Honored One (4/4; Whenever a creature attacks Mooseman or a planeswalker Mooseman controls, that creature gets +2/+0 ueot)

Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
(TT) Swamp x2
(TT) Island x2

Swiftfoot Boots (Equipped creature has hexproof and haste. Equip {1} )
Mirari (Whenever you play an instant or sorcery spell, you may pay 3. If you do, put a copy of that spell onto the stack. You may choose new targets for the copy.)

(S) Mnemonic Wall (, 0/4, Defender When ~ enters the battlefield, you may return target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand. ) ~Shod~

Graveyard:Fissure Vent, Baleful Strix, Guard Gomazoa, Echo Mage, Guttersnipe, Decree of Pain, Crumbling Necropolis, Swamp. Island, Echo Mage, Armillary Sphere, Opportunity, Uyo, Silent Prophet

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you're enjoying it :)

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Harmonize
Forest
Attack, gaining 1 life from the Curse
Responses/blocks/take it?

Spidey: 30
Library: 73

Battlefield:

(U) Gruul Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add R or G to my mana pool)
(U) Rupture Spire (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, sac it unless I pay 1; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(T,T,U) Mt x3
(T,T,U) Forest x3

(T) Gahiji, Honored One (4/4; Whenever a creature attacks Mooseman or a planeswalker Mooseman controls, that creature gets +2/+0 ueot)

Graveyard:Opal Palac, Druidic Satchel, Crater Hellion, Avenger of Zendikar, Harmonize
Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
(TT) Swamp x2
(TT) Island x2

Mirari (Whenever you play an instant or sorcery spell, you may pay 3. If you do, put a copy of that spell onto the stack. You may choose new targets for the copy.)

(S) Mnemonic Wall (, 0/4, Defender When ~ enters the battlefield, you may return target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand. ) ~Shod~

Graveyard:Fissure Vent, Baleful Strix, Guard Gomazoa, Echo Mage, Guttersnipe, Decree of Pain, Crumbling Necropolis, Swamp. Island, Echo Mage, Armillary Sphere, Opportunity, Uyo, Silent Prophet

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 6

Behemoth Sledge

Done

Spidey: 30
Library: 73

Battlefield:

(U) Gruul Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add R or G to my mana pool)
(U) Rupture Spire (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, sac it unless I pay 1; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T,T) Forest x3

(U) Behemoth Sledge (Equipped creature has +2/+2 and has lifelink and trample.; Equip 3)

(T) Gahiji, Honored One (4/4; Whenever a creature attacks Mooseman or a planeswalker Mooseman controls, that creature gets +2/+0 ueot)

Graveyard:Opal Palac, Druidic Satchel, Crater Hellion, Avenger of Zendikar, Harmonize
Mooseman: 39 *Cursed*
Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
(TT) Swamp x2
(TT) Island x2