Commander 2013: Spidey (Nature of the Beast) vs Mooseman (Mind Seize)

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Spiderman, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

You get a saporling
    Attack with the bird
    Done

Spidey: 39
    Enemy Commander Combat Dmg Dealt: 0/21
    Hand: 5
    Library: 81
    Command Zone: RWG

Battlefield:

(U) New Benalia (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, scry 1.; T: Add W to my mana pool.
    (U,U,U) Mt x3
    (U,U) Forest x2

Curse of the Forsaken (Enchant player; Whenever a creature attacks enchanted player, its controller gains 1 life)

(U) Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 1/1 from ctrs, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. ) *1 +1/+1 ctrs*
    (S) Saproling creature token (1/1)

Graveyard:Opal Palac, Druidic Satchel
    Exile: Cultivate, Hull Breach, Boros Garrison, War Cadence
    ==============================================================================
    Mooseman: 40 *Cursed*
    Library: 82
    Command Zone: 1UBR Jeleva, Nephalia’s Scourge (Vampire Wizard, 1/3, Flying When Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge enters the battlefield, each player exiles the top X cards of his or her library, where X is the amount of mana spent to cast Jeleva. Whenever Jeleva attacks, you may cast an instant or sorcery card exiled with it without paying its mana cost. )
    Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
    (UT) Swamp x2
    (U) Island
    (U) Rakdos Carnarium ( ETB tapped. When ~ comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add BR to your mana pool. )
    (T) Sol Ring (T:2)

(U) Guard Gomazoa (Jellyfish, 1/3, Defender, flying Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to Guard Gomazoa. )
    (T) Baleful Strix (Artifact Bird, 1/1, Flying, deathtouch. When Baleful Strix enters the battlefield, draw a card. )

Graveyard:Fissure Vent
    Exile: Swamp, Grixis Charm, Wayfarer’s Bauble, Curse of Shallow Graves
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

During Blockers, I'll tap R and remove the last counter from Marath to deal 1 to the Bird. Responses?
  3. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

4. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

All righty.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Done

Spidey: 40
    Hand: 6
    Library: 80
    Command Zone: RWG Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 1/1 from ctrs, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. )

Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Mt x3
    (U,U) Forest x2

Curse of the Forsaken (Enchant player; Whenever a creature attacks enchanted player, its controller gains 1 life)

(U) Saproling creature token (1/1)

Library: 82
    Command Zone: 1UBR Jeleva, Nephalia’s Scourge (Vampire Wizard, 1/3, Flying When Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge enters the battlefield, each player exiles the top X cards of his or her library, where X is the amount of mana spent to cast Jeleva. Whenever Jeleva attacks, you may cast an instant or sorcery card exiled with it without paying its mana cost. )
    Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
    (UT) Swamp x2
    (U) Island
    (U) Rakdos Carnarium ( ETB tapped. When ~ comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add BR to your mana pool. )

(U) Guard Gomazoa (Jellyfish, 1/3, Defender, flying Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to Guard Gomazoa. )

Graveyard:Fissure Vent, Baleful Strix
  5. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Untap, upkeep, Draw
    Command Tower
    Echo Mage
    Done

Library: 80
    Command Zone: RWG Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 1/1 from ctrs, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. )

Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Mt x3
    (U,U) Forest x2

(U) Saproling creature token (1/1)

Hand: 4
    Battlefield:

(UU) Mountain x2
    (UT) Swamp x2
    (T) Island
    (U) Sol Ring (T:2)
    (T) Command Tower (T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity.)

(S) Echo Mage (, 2/3, Level up {1}{U} LEVEL 2-3 2/4{U}{U}, {T}: Copy target instant or sorcery spell. You may choose new targets for the copy. LEVEL 4+ 2/5 {U}{U}, {T}: Copy target instant or sorcery spell twice. You may choose new targets for the copies. )

6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Gruul Guildgate
    Crater Hellion

Done

Library: 79

Battlefield:

(T) New Benalia (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, scry 1.; T: Add W to my mana pool.
    (T) Gruul Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add R or G to my mana pool)
    (T,T,T) Mt x3
    (T,T) Forest x2

(S) Crater Hellion (6/6; Echo 4RR; When ~ ETB, it deals 4 dmg to each other creature)

Battlefield:

(UU) Mountain x2
    (UT) Swamp x2
    (T) Island
    (U) Sol Ring (T:2)
    (T) Command Tower (T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity.)

(U) Guard Gomazoa (Jellyfish, 1/3, Defender, flying Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to Guard Gomazoa. ) *Dead?*
    (S) Echo Mage (, 2/3, Level up {1}{U} LEVEL 2-3 2/4{U}{U}, {T}: Copy target instant or sorcery spell. You may choose new targets for the copy. LEVEL 4+ 2/5 {U}{U}, {T}: Copy target instant or sorcery spell twice. You may choose new targets for the copies. ) *Dead?*

7. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Untap, upkeep, Draw
    Cruel Ultimatum
    I'll get the Echo Mage
    Guttersnipe
    Izzet Boilerworks , bounce a swamp
    Done

Spidey: 35

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Mt x3
    (T,T) Forest x2

Graveyard:Opal Palac, Druidic Satchel, Crater Hellion
    Mooseman: 45 *Cursed*
    Hand: 7
    Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
    (T) Swamp x1
    (T) Island
    (T) Rakdos Carnarium ( ETB tapped. When ~ comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add BR to your mana pool. )
    (T) Izzet Boilerworks ( ETB tapped. ETB bounce a land T: Add UR to your mana pool. )

( S) Guttersnipe (Goblin Shaman, 2/2, Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, Guttersnipe deals 2 damage to each opponent.)

Graveyard:Fissure Vent, Baleful Strix, Guard Gomazoa, Echo Mage
  8. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Damn... nice

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Avenger of Zendikar

Done

Library: 78

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Mt x3
    (T,T) Forest x2

(S) Avenger of Zendikar (5/5; When ~ ETB, put a 0/1 green Plant creature token onto the battlefield for each land I control.; Landfall-Whenever a land ETB under my control, I may put a +1/+1 ctr on each Plant creature I control)
    (S) Plant creature token (0/1)

Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
    (T) Swamp x1
    (T) Island
    (T) Rakdos Carnarium ( ETB tapped. When ~ comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add BR to your mana pool. )
    (T) Izzet Boilerworks ( ETB tapped. ETB bounce a land T: Add UR to your mana pool. )

( S) Guttersnipe (Goblin Shaman, 2/2, Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, Guttersnipe deals 2 damage to each opponent.)

9. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Whoa......
    UUD
    Swamp
    Tempt with Reflections (, S, Tempting offer — Choose target creature you control. Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of that creature. Each opponent may put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of that creature. For each opponent who does, put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of that creature.)
    On the Guttersnipe
    Response? get a guttersnipe?

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Mt x3
    (T,T) Forest x2

(S) Avenger of Zendikar (5/5; When ~ ETB, put a 0/1 green Plant creature token onto the battlefield for each land I control.; Landfall-Whenever a land ETB under my control, I may put a +1/+1 ctr on each Plant creature I control)

Battlefield:

(UU) Mountain x2
    (UU) Swamp x2
    (U) Island
    (U) Command Tower (T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity.)

( U) Guttersnipe (Goblin Shaman, 2/2, Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, Guttersnipe deals 2 damage to each opponent.)

10. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Whoa. So if I take the offer, you get one more Guttersnipe, right? My Guttersnipe is triggered by the instants and sorceries I cast and control, not you, right?
  11. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Yes, and yes.
  12. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

All right, I will decline the (tempting) offer.
  13. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Take 2 from the Tempt with Reflections /Guttersnipe combo
    Decree of Pain
    Response?

Spidey: 33

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Mt x3
    (T,T) Forest x2

Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
    (TT) Swamp x2
    (T) Island

( U) Guttersnipe (Goblin Shaman, 2/2, Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, Guttersnipe deals 2 damage to each opponent.)

Graveyard:Fissure Vent, Baleful Strix, Guard Gomazoa, Echo Mage,
    Decree of Pain
  14. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Double damn. This is going to go quick again... no response.
  15. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

You take 4, all creatures die and I draw 10 cards.
    Discard and I am done

Spidey: 29

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Mt x3
    (T,T) Forest x2

Graveyard:Opal Palac, Druidic Satchel, Crater Hellion, Avenger of Zendikar
    Library: 68
    Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
    (TT) Swamp x2
    (T) Island

Graveyard:Fissure Vent, Baleful Strix, Guard Gomazoa, Cuel Ultimatum, Echo Mage, Guttersnipe, Decree of Pain, Crumbling Necropolis, Swamp. Island, Echo Mage, Armillary Sphere, Opportunity, Uyo, Silent Prophet
  16. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Gahiji, Honored One
    Ruptured Spire

Done

Library: 77

Battlefield:

(T) Rupture Spire (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, sac it unless I pay 1; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
    (T,T,T) Mt x3
    (T,U) Forest x2

(S) Gahiji, Honored One (4/4; Whenever a creature attacks Mooseman or a planeswalker Mooseman controls, that creature gets +2/+0 ueot)

Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
    (TT) Swamp x2
    (T) Island

Graveyard:Fissure Vent, Baleful Strix, Guard Gomazoa, Cuel Ultimatum, Echo Mage, Guttersnipe, Decree of Pain, Crumbling Necropolis, Swamp. Island, Echo Mage, Armillary Sphere, Opportunity, Uyo, Silent Prophet
  17. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Sorry dude, but this is getting ridicules.....
    Untap, upkeep, Draw
    Islan
    Mirari
    Swiftfoot Boots
    Mnemonic Wall, getting Cruel Ultimatum,
    Equip the swift boots

Done

Library: 77

Battlefield:

(T) Rupture Spire (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, sac it unless I pay 1; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
    (T,T,T) Mt x3
    (T,U) Forest x2

(S) Gahiji, Honored One (4/4; Whenever a creature attacks Mooseman or a planeswalker Mooseman controls, that creature gets +2/+0 ueot)

Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
    (TT) Swamp x2
    (TT) Island x2

Swiftfoot Boots (Equipped creature has hexproof and haste. Equip {1} )
    Mirari (Whenever you play an instant or sorcery spell, you may pay 3. If you do, put a copy of that spell onto the stack. You may choose new targets for the copy.)

(S) Mnemonic Wall (, 0/4, Defender When ~ enters the battlefield, you may return target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand. ) ~Shod~

Graveyard:Fissure Vent, Baleful Strix, Guard Gomazoa, Echo Mage, Guttersnipe, Decree of Pain, Crumbling Necropolis, Swamp. Island, Echo Mage, Armillary Sphere, Opportunity, Uyo, Silent Prophet
  18. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Glad you're enjoying it :)

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Harmonize
    Forest
    Attack, gaining 1 life from the Curse
    Responses/blocks/take it?

Spidey: 30
    Library: 73

Battlefield:

(U) Gruul Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add R or G to my mana pool)
    (U) Rupture Spire (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, sac it unless I pay 1; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
    (T,T,U) Mt x3
    (T,T,U) Forest x3

(T) Gahiji, Honored One (4/4; Whenever a creature attacks Mooseman or a planeswalker Mooseman controls, that creature gets +2/+0 ueot)

Graveyard:Opal Palac, Druidic Satchel, Crater Hellion, Avenger of Zendikar, Harmonize
    Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
    (TT) Swamp x2
    (TT) Island x2

Mirari (Whenever you play an instant or sorcery spell, you may pay 3. If you do, put a copy of that spell onto the stack. You may choose new targets for the copy.)

(S) Mnemonic Wall (, 0/4, Defender When ~ enters the battlefield, you may return target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand. ) ~Shod~

Graveyard:Fissure Vent, Baleful Strix, Guard Gomazoa, Echo Mage, Guttersnipe, Decree of Pain, Crumbling Necropolis, Swamp. Island, Echo Mage, Armillary Sphere, Opportunity, Uyo, Silent Prophet
  19. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

20. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

That's 6

Behemoth Sledge

Done

Spidey: 30
    Library: 73

Battlefield:

(U) Gruul Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add R or G to my mana pool)
    (U) Rupture Spire (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, sac it unless I pay 1; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
    (T,T,T) Mt x3
    (T,T,T) Forest x3

(U) Behemoth Sledge (Equipped creature has +2/+2 and has lifelink and trample.; Equip 3)

(T) Gahiji, Honored One (4/4; Whenever a creature attacks Mooseman or a planeswalker Mooseman controls, that creature gets +2/+0 ueot)

Graveyard:Opal Palac, Druidic Satchel, Crater Hellion, Avenger of Zendikar, Harmonize
    Mooseman: 39 *Cursed*
    Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
    (TT) Swamp x2
    (TT) Island x2