Clinton, not winning the DNC nomination

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
How can you even joke about that.... GDP is up, economic opportunities abound, we are fighting the good fight against extremists, Congress has been taught a lesson about the running of this great nation and we have stuck to our convictions.....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
turgy22 said:
Thanks Mooseman. I've been around, checking back in every now and then, but I don't have time to write for the front page or participate in the games forum. And since the games are really the main thing going on around here, I don't post often.
We miss ya!

B

Budget Player Cadet

Mooseman said:
How can you even joke about that.... GDP is up, economic opportunities abound, we are fighting the good fight against extremists, Congress has been taught a lesson about the running of this great nation and we have stuck to our convictions.....
You gotta be kidding me. Have I been gone that long??

Killer Joe

Here's the "Bush" rule: Things that have gone wrong with this country are Bubba & Hilly's fault, and whatever has gone right (politically, too) are to Mr. Bush's credit.

I still would like to see Al Franken and Anne Coulter have a love child together. :eek:

B

Budget Player Cadet

My god, You are INSANE!!!!
I'd rather see the video of the baby being made. ;)

B

Budget Player Cadet

Yeah, I know. Isn't That Great! :)
You'll have to excuse me, I have a very weird sense of humor.

Killer Joe

So Clinton loses in both Wisconsin & Hawaii, Obama is now 10 - 0 in winning primary's/cacuses, what does this all mean? :confused:

R

rokapoke

Killer Joe said:
If I were a Republican I'd WANT her to win the nomination, she'd be easier to beat than Obama, I would think. :eek:

As a Republican, I want Obama to win the Democratic nomination, simply because if the nation decides that they're sick of Republicans, the Democrats may win by default.

I don't think I could take 4 more years of Billary.

B

Budget Player Cadet

What's going on? I don't have access to newspapers, and all I get on german television is german cartoons and german news!

R

rokapoke

Budget Player Cadet said:
What's going on? I don't have access to newspapers...

Ever hear of a little thing called "the Internet"? It can be a fabulous source of information, with a little effort!

Try, for instance, CNN.com, where I've been checking the Election Center for primary-related news.

B

Budget Player Cadet

No, what is the internet? I don't know what it is. I've heard rumors about it, though...

Killer Joe

rokapoke said:
As a Republican, I want Obama to win the Democratic nomination, simply because if the nation decides that they're sick of Republicans, the Democrats may win by default.

I don't think I could take 4 more years of Billary.
The nation is NOT sick of Republicans they're sick of the Bush Administration, I think.

Personally, I could handle the Clinton's or McCain either way it's the same to me just moderate a little to the left or to the right either works for me.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Killer Joe said:
The nation is NOT sick of Republicans they're sick of the Bush Administration, I think.

Personally, I could handle the Clinton's or McCain either way it's the same to me just moderate a little to the left or to the right either works for me.
I agree, sort of. "Republican" used to mean "conservative" but the Bush administration has completely redefined the party. Republicans used to support cutting taxes by decreasing the amount of government spending. The Bush administration cut taxes and increased spending, skyrocketing our nation's debt. This is not being conservative.

The only thing that's conservative about the party anymore is the social aspect, which now seems geared to appeal solely to conservative Christians, but I think they only really do that to get out the homophobic vote. I can't see why else a party dedicated to the principles of state's rights would be proposing a federal amendment to ban gan marriage.

So yeah, Republican isn't a bad thing, or at least it didn't used to be. But the Bush administration is terrible. Although I think the real problem lies in having a one-party monopoly across the House, Senate and White House. This is what Bush had for his first six years in office and it got treated like a blank check: runaway spending and no accountability. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened with an all-Democrat government.

Right now I'm rooting for McCain to win and put the Republican party back to where it used to be. But to be honest, I can't see any of the candidates being a worse president than Bush (except maybe Huckabee).

B

Budget Player Cadet

I'm just praying, "Break the trends, please god, let it be a woman or a minority." Actually, I think that a good choice for president would be... OPRAH WINFREY!!! :)
No, honestly, I'm dead serious.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened with an all-Democrat government.
Wasn't it that way for the first couple of years of Clinton's administration, before the Republican sweep-to-power under Gringich in '96 or so?

B

Budget Player Cadet

Ah, the clinton administration! Great times... Well, actually, it wasn't all that great, but at least we cushioned the budgetary fall a bit...