Christians massacred in Pakistan

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, well, well... two replies by DUke yet none to me, despite my replies in between...

I guess you're ignoring me, fine and dandy. Right now I've lost a lot of respect for you in that you don't even have the courtesy of telling me that. And that you say that I've said stuff, yet can't back them up either when called on it.

So in summary, I am pretty much disregarding ANYTHING further you have to say and pretty much conclude that you yourself is close-minded, rude, and twist only those facts that suit your needs.

Please prove me wrong.

At least Multani and I apologized to each other when we admitted we were wrong :rolleyes:

A

arhar

Well, this is the last thing I'm gonna say in this thread, because frankly it makes me sick but I don't want to lift my self-imposed ban on arguing politics here....

Actually, the correct term, as opposed to evolution, is degradation, not devolution

D

DÛke

Spiderman, all I have to say is...whatever man.

I didn't wanna reply to you because if I do, we'd go forever...and believe me, I don't have that much time left. Here's my reply: I think you're wrong. Your reason for having the Middle Eastern society constantly attacking the U.S. is wrong. That's what I think. I, with respect, ask you to read Daggertooth's information. Although it's not the full story, it's the truth.

And...one more thing before you go off stating: "you yourself is close-minded, rude, and twist only those facts that suit your needs," please read what I have said before. I think you are rude, not because you disagree with me, but because you assume all those horrible things of me...but that's fine. I didn't think you respected me AT ALL, especially with all those extensive "roll eyes." But what the hell...if you choose to follow that path...heh...

Yes, before I forget...
Spiderman, from the "More Taliban Jokes" thread:
Like the Taliban themselves is going to admit their soldiers are being killed; of course they're only going to mention civilian casualties (which is hard enough to confirm since they don't allow anyone in there).
The fact is, it HAS been confirmed, by Aljazeera. They showed horrible pictures of dead kids, men almost crying for their lost wives, and little kids fleeing to Pakistan to WORK for living...all because of the bombings. It has been perfectly confirmed, not by CNN, but by Aljazeera. By saying that it is "hard enough to confirm since they don't allow anyone there," you have just declared Aljazeera as an untruthful media, because THEY have been there, they've recorded it all, and they've seen it all...when you don't believe them, or when you don't think they're credible, as in "hard enough to confrim," than obviously, you think they're are liers.

THAT's where I get it from...like I said, I hated when I'm called a lier, because God knows I don't lie, especially when it comes to cases that I truely, truely care about...but hey, you don't know me, and from the way you're acting toward me, like I'm your biggest enemy, you'll never know me. I'm sorry...

I'm not gonna "admit" I'm wrong, because I've spent too many hours working, reading, and studying about all this information I'm trying to share with you. I know I'm not wrong because I've wasted so much time reading my history...I don't expect anyone to admit he's "wrong" because one should always, always, always think before assuming the dangerous sign of language...

I'm really tired of being called a lier and a closed-minded person, that's so not true...you people have truely misjudged me, especially when I don't even act like all those horrible things...

For all you know, I just maybe someone completely different than I have shown you...heh...don't let ME fool you...

Please read and watch the future news, I'm sure you'll enjoy it...but don't expect anything yet...it's all a mindgame we're playing on the government right now...hehe...kinda like "confuse them now," and when they turn around...slab the heck out of them...hehe...you'll never see it coming. A surprise for the hearts...

See ya...

G

Gizmo

Ive only read the last page of this thread, so I`ve no idea what started this. Like Arhar I got fed up with bouncing my paradigm against other people`s fruitlessly.

Ali Jazeeri (I`m gonna have to go with Duke`s spelling here) IS considered an independent and reliable news source by most of the foreign media sources. More importantly the civilian deaths are confirmed by the UN as well. Obviously the Taliban claims are going to be overestimated, just as the US claims are going to be underestimated, the truth will lie somewhere else in between.

The fact being brought to bear is that bombing cannot work, what was possible through bombing has already been achieved. Further air strikes are only going to be striking less and less fruitful targets, and hitting more and mroe innocent people.
That stage of the campaign needs to stop, this whole thing needs to be reevaluated as there is no sign that the objectives set out by the US and Uk are going to be achieved by continuing down this route.

A

Apollo

And then comes Apollo with his stupid comments...<sigh>which stirrs me even more...
Boy, DUke, that statement there sorta confirms what Spidey said about you. You talk about how great college students and professors are, how you love to talk with them because you have great conversations, and then you do the opposite and go ahead with blatant name-calling... <sigh>

YOU said that Al Jazeera reported that all those Israelis were missing September 11. That "fact" is totally incorrect. Therefore, they weren't telling the truth either. That's all I said, and you have to go off about it and act ridiculous. Fact is, no news station is telling everything correctly (no, not CNN either), and I would think you would be the very first to point that out.

You are throwing out the U.S. propaganda, but you just replace it with different propaganda. Spidey and I have both admitted that the U.S. has made mistakes and isn't free of guilt here. We have admitted that both parties aren't blame-free. You have thrown everything squarely at the U.S. (307%!). Wouldn't that make you far more close-minded than us?

RE fair trial:
They weren't going to turn him over to the U.K. The U.K. is right with us, so by your reasoning that would lead to the same biased, unfair trial you think we'll have. More likely, they would have given him to another small, middle-eastern country that feels much like you do, who would have given him an unfair trial in the opposite direction. If they could even produce him at all. So no, that wasn't a viable option for the U.S.

RE: retaliation justified?
We couldn't just not do anything. There had to be some sort of response, or we'd be attacked every third tuesday by random disgruntled people who know they can get away with it. Not only that, but pulling out of there would have done no good anyway. The man hates us enough to throw planes at thousands of innocent people; do you think he'll stop hating us just like that? No. He would have kept on attacking, because he hates our guts, plain and simple.

And since we have taken pains to avoid innocents (though we haven't been wholly successful), and he took pains to hit innocents, I think we have been far more humane than he has.

RE Spidey's comments:
You are justifying everything he said. Maybe you are different in person, but all we have to by is what you say here. Here's how you've proved him right:

close-minded: pretty much everything I've said here. You throw everything at the U.S. and fail to consider our point of view at all.

rude: You ignored several of Spidey's posts in a row. You called me names.

twist only those facts that suit your needs: you ignored several of Spidey's points, replying only to those you had a convenient response for. Example: When Spidey pointed out that we had been invited in, you completely ignored it (though he mentioned it several times)

Z

Zadok001

Everyone is to blame. No one is perfect. No one can be trusted 100%. DUke, your sources are likely wrong. Apollo, your sources are likely wrong. Spidey, your sources are likely wrong. Zadok, your sources are likely wrong.

No matter what side you choose here, you've likely chosen a side without any form of righteousness to fight for.

"Are you sure you're on the right side?"

"At least I've chosen a side."

Well, I say, why bother choosing a side? This isn't a war about us - This is war about government and societies. And I don't know about everyone else, but right now I'm not particularly happy with any society on Earth. Therefore, I choose to resign from the societies involved in this. I won't choose a side.

D

DÛke

Oh, and I suppose calling Aljazeera "liers" is very fond of around here? That's what you did Apollo.

Well, could you please quote me, where I stated that it was a FACT that Isreali workers were missing? More even, can you quote me where I stated that Aljazeera stated that? Must be my memory, for I don't recall saying such "facts."

Just one little thing: if I was closed minded, I would not have agreed with Daggertooth. If I was closed minded, I would not have argued my way out of every other conversation that discusses this issue on these boards...am I just closed minded in this thread? Hmmm...or is it that topic that I'm discussing that you don't like to face? Ask ANYONE on the boards, ask Spiderman himself, I've been very open minded in all other threads concerning this issue...I'm not closed now, but the topic is too sensitive for you to digest, that's all.

Anyway, this discussion is turning from it's main point into how stupid and rude I am. I ignored Spiderman because I was ready to get into a fight with him, and was one of my favorite moderators and posters in the CPA, and I really didn't wanna start a war with him...I ignored him, and he took it pesonally. Oh. Well. About the U.S. being "invited in," yeah, there were invited in, weren't they? Funny how when they are asked to leave, a war breaks lose so they can have a reason to stay there. I called you names Apollo, because you called MY world's media channel "liers," and I don't know about you, but...calling someone a lier is probably the biggest insult you could give a Middle Easter guy. Closed minded? Apollo, your reason is fine for me being closed minded...but wouldn't that include you and Spiderman as being there with me too? Because you both have been pretty much disagreeing with everything I've said, adding extensive amount of "roll eyes," and what have you...so are you not just as closed as me? Heh, funny. The U.S. have not been more "humane." Not at all, you're forgetting the history, again.

Anyway, I really hated when I'm misjudged, but it's been happening everywhere to every Middle Easter person anyway...on the air ports, in school, in work, in malls, driving, living, eating at McDees...it's just everywhere, so I'll just stop, relax, take all those deep insults coming from you and Spiderman, and just attempt to pretend that I didn't hear them...better yet, let me go work out, and put to work all this energy deep within...

And Zadok...I'll try becoming anti-social too...I think that'll help me a lot in these days. ;) Except for my girlfriend...I wont be anti-social there. No, but seriously man, I have read so much over the past few weeks...I know what I'm talking about. Hey, I'm just gonna shut up...<laughs> It seems that a different view is unwanted...

Z

Zadok001

Unfortunately, DUke, the whole problem here revolves around the fact that its a circular discussion - You state that an alternate viewpoint isn't wanted here, while simultaneously striking down the viewpoints of others. Clearly, that's a contradiction. The same things are coming from everyone right now, just pointed in opposite directions.

I'll repeat that your news source is likely not accurate. Take nothing on faith, DUke, it's not worth it. Nothing here is cut and dry. The world is rapidly changing, and no fixed viewpoint is going to last in the tides that are coming - Not even yours. And the fact is, no one here is open-minded. Not DUke, not Spidey, not Apollo, and certainly not me. We all have our viewpoints, and we defend them. So be it, then.

This discussion is not a field of black and white. And I've no intention of being cliche and saying it's all shades of grey. It's all colors, right now. No color is better than any other, just different. No color is right, and no color is wrong. We have our colors, and we have the right to discuss them. But calling one color "wrong" because its different from your color isn't a very good choice - No matter what color you pick, the colors are spread equally, and there's ALWAYS more people who are not your color than people who are.

C

Chaos Turtle

Today I heard on CNN that the US is dropping instructions for the Afghan civilians. Instructions on what? Why, on how to tell the difference between unexploded cluster bombs...and food rations.

I laughed out loud. I couldn't help myself.

Somehow, I doubt the food rations are winning the U.S. many friends. :(

D

DÛke

...Zadok, I said that different view points are unwanted only because I seem to be alone on what I'm saying, so MY view point is different. Arhar, Spiderman and Apollo mostly all agree about everything each other say. Daggertooth is there too, but I guess he can understand a more global view, or at least, he has shown that he does. When you have a crowd that agrees on one thing, and then comes a different kinda person, and that person is called rude, closed-minded and such, then clearly, that person is unwanted. My point of views are unwanted for one reason or another...and this discussion proves it.

So yes, I WILL stop talking political, because like you mentioned, we're all "closed-minded," except that I'm "closed-minded" in my own little corner...that's all.

Furthermore, did I "strike down" Daggertooth's view point? Or did I strike Spiderman's view points on other threads? Did I not listen to everything in the past? It is now, when my points are really radical, that I'm being considered "rude" and "closed-minded," when in fact, it's the same people from the past that can't understand this "new" issue...

My news sources are likely not accurate? What, exactly, have I reported that's likely not accurate, can you recall one thing? Everything I reported came from Pakistani newspapers, Middle East newspapers, and Aljazeera, so claiming that my sources are not accurate is claming the popular media of the world as not accurate, and though that may hold some truth to it...I really disagree when it comes to Aljazeera, for I've watched that channel forever, and eveything they say is wise, right to the point, and truthful. I've watched for more than 5 years...I don't think they'll be untruthful about this or any issue, because like I said, lying, in the Middle East and the Arab world, is a BIG no-no-no-no. It's a sin...

Please back-up your accusations like Apollo did. Don't tell me that my sources are not accurate without recalling an example. What have I said that seems so radical and such untruth that it seems that I just made it up? Heh...tell me...

Z

Zadok001

Not that you just made it up. That's a bit defensive. The fact is, right now, we have two governments doing their best to make it look like they're winning. Neither one is really getting anything, so they start sending out reports that over-exaggerate details. Some of those reports WILL reach your sources. Maybe not a straight out inaccuracy, but perhaps missing information, or a slightly exaggerated number. The point is, our stations are likely to get information wrong, just like every other possible source of information on earth. Nothing will be 100%.

As far as close-mindedness is concerned, I think the problem stems from you being a bit MORE off centre than everyone else. If Spidey and Apollo started explaining their positions in depth, without needing to defend them, you would find they have different views too, just as I will have different views than them. That was the point of the color rant - No matter what perspective you have right now, there are going to be more people with another one than there will be people with yours. You're just further, and more obviously off-centre than they are, in this case. You're also being rather aggressive in your defense of your ideas and sources, which isn't leaving everyone else with much recourse except to argue back, but I think that's purposeful.

Anyways, the point is, your view is NOT unique in being targetted. If you weren't around, the next level below you would be viewed as just as extreme, and targetted. (That's why humanity can never rid itself of extremists and terrorists, but that's another story.)

D

DÛke

Zadok:
The fact is, right now, we have two governments doing their best to make it look like they're winning. Neither one is really getting anything, so they start sending out reports that over-exaggerate details.

Correct. However, let's, for just a little bit, start thinking this psychologically. The United States gorvernment is backed by its people; people who want to see action, who want to see somethin done. Anything done...be it war or what have you. It is very natural. Some reaction must be seen. Don't you think, in this case, that the U.S. must, somehow, show the people anything just to calm them down? Like you said: "Neither one is really getting anything, so they start sending out reports that over-exaggerate details." There are so many American citizens. A lot of them want to see action. Compare that to the other side, the poor side. The Afgani side has not many already. These people are so poor, that they just want to live their lives, though surely there are some people there that want to see some Afgani action. Not "getting anything," is a bigger deal for the U.S. than to any other nation in the world, because the U.S. is percieved as the most powerful country, so in order to keep that image, it must show, to at least its people, that something is being done...and when, in this case, there isn't really much being done, than there's a greater chance of exaggerate media, don't you think? Plus, the other side has already shown "something," which is that attack itself. This is not saying that Aljazeera did not exaggerate a bit here and there, but the logic of it is that the U.S. is a bigger nation that wants to show the world and mostly its people that it's IS doing something...and it is more likely to go push more limits to show anything...

Am I wrong?

Additionally, I do not comprehend this "off-centre" thing. Are you telling me that they're right "on target," and I'm off-balance, by being "off-centre." If so, you have just justified that my views, are indeed, unwanted, since they're viewed, even by you, as being "off-centre," when the fact is, I worked so hard to establish these views...

You know, if I'm "off-centre," than why is everyone arguing with me? I mean, if a stupid kid just starts ravin', than usually, he's ignored by the others whom are mature and are "on centre." Here's a great idea, just ignore me. Let this post be the last in this thread...it's not like I love wasting my time here anyway...

U

Ura

Arhar said:
There were more than 30 people dead.
Actually it was only 16 killed and 30ish wounded. Not really any better but at least its a few more who aren't dead.

Duke said:
It's also inhumane for the U.S. to, "accidentally" drop bombs on innocent civilians, shatter their already not-so-great lives...
At least they're trying to avoid civilian targets unlike some others involved in this whole mess. If they weren't there wouldn't be anyone alive in the major Afghan cities to tell us so. Its also somewhat humorous because semi-neutral sources in the middle east are now criticizing the US for not hitting hard enough and that they're acting undecisive and weak, to put it mildly.

Well, could you please quote me, where I stated that it was a FACT that Isreali workers were missing? More even, can you quote me where I stated that Aljazeera stated that? Must be my memory, for I don't recall saying such "facts."
Your memory must be failing you, because in your first post to this thread you said that:
Oh, and over 2600 Isreals who work on the Twin Towers were missing the day of the attacks...VERY amazing...don't you think? Heh...
Then after Rando countered that statement by calling it:
Both the story of the guy who taped the World Trade Center for 2 hours, and the 2000+ jews who worked there and stayed home on the 11th are NOT true.
You replied with:
Rando, how do you know it's not true? I'm NOT sure, but Al Jazeera, the famous Arabic channel, is really talking a lot about the United States these days...I have that channel, and the stuff I hear makes me want to LEAVE the United States. I'm serious...I know they may be a bit biased, but the stuff the say is true...that's why I don't watch the channel anymore, because..
That statement indicates you got the so called "fact" from said news station. Since this fact is untrue it means that the news station was stating misinformation, that doesn't make them liars, it just makes them incorrect.
Also saying that the stuff they say is true is just being biased to one side of the situation, and while its an undertandable bias, its only a fraction of the pie. No news station is pure gold so to speak and they'll always give most of the truth as long as it looks good to the area they broadcast from.
I am quite familiar with Al Jazeera, and they are a credible news station equal with groups like CNN, the BBC, and the CTV network. However they too also have a level of bias in their information and broadcasts. I really don't think they'd last long if they said something like "Isreal is just a bunch of nice people." The statement itself would only be partially true as we all know the Isreal military has a black cloud over it, but normal citizens are decent people who just want to live their lives just like any common American or Arab. But I can almost gaurantee that the news station would be either shut down, blown up, or taken over by force by these charming radicals.

Daggertooth said:
The political situation over there? The civil war they have? The loss of life created by their killing their own as well as our bombs? The fact that israel soldiers have killed hundreads of thousands of them? The fact that the whole blasted region has been at war with someone for the past X years? What? What are you blaming us for?
The entire middle east has been in chaos for decades, especially since the 80's when the Russians finally packed up and went home. However the US and other western countries are only a convinient scapegoat for the failings of the Arab countries to produce into stable modernized countries. They have tried several times with different forms of government and ideas, but each time it ended in ruin because someone didn't want to go with the plan and built a bomb to sell their point of view and they soon began to hate the idea of being "modern". People grew frustrated and angry and worst of all humiliated, (note to readers, humiliation is the WORST thing you can do to an Arab man, they don't take it well at all.) Thats one of the many reasons that so many Arabs hate Isreal so deeply, its because Isreal succeeded where they failed even though Isreal has worse land for agricultural use and has only been around for about 60 years. Its a living, almost flourishing symbol of their humiliation right on their doorstep and its understandable when you understand Arab pride why they want to get rid of it just for that reason alone.
After things like communisim, socialism, and nationalism all failed to produce a working government a small group of people started spreading their own interpretation of the Quaran (sp?) and rallied the people through religion and fed their hates for moderization and westerism and turned out a very functioning and vicious fanaticism with a common goal to destroy and remove what they consider invading infidels, throwing aside progress so that they wouldn't be like those they now hated. They may live in middle ages conditions, but they in part choose it that way with their own path. Today the only functioning governments in the middle east are all oppressive and either run by a military force or a royal family of some kind, the lone other form is Isreal which is democracy.
I remember when Afghanastan was a beautiful place, I've seen pictures and film reels of it from before the Russian occupation. The Russians destroyed some of that charm and beauty, but the Afgans did the rest of the damage themselves when they couldn't get their act together and decided war and slaughter was a better idea then peace. Theres no reason the middle east can't be a beautiful land again if they'd just stop killing each other and get to peace talks that everyone would back. To much bad blood for them to put the ego aside I guess... :(

Apollo said:
As for the trial in the third country, the U.S. made several demands before they started bombing. The Taliban would accept none of them. So the U.S. attacked, and then the Taliban agreed to turn him over to a third country
Actually the taliban, after admiting he was still there, wanted to turn him over or rather present him to a court of islamic law. Needless to say this was an unacceptable solution to the US because its well known that Bin Laden is a folk hero to many many people over there and that there would be no way to get a reliably unbiased trial. Likewise the Taliban refused to turn him over to any western or U.N. court for the same reasons of biased unfairness.

Duke said:
IF the United States want justice as the objective, then somebody PLEASE, I BEG you to explain to me why they rejected Taleban's offer to hand Ladin to a third country and have a fair trial!? PLEASE, tell me why...
Because its impossible, there isn't a neutral third country to hand him over to. Justice is unfortunatly never balanced and the scales always lean one way or the other.

This WHOLE deal would have ended if the U.S. isn't so arrogant...
This can also be said for many other Arab nations, European countries, and Asian nations that have been involved in any conflict in the last 50 years. For a recent example, if Saddam Hussein wasn't so arrogant then innocent Iraqi civies would be starving to death behind a UN blockade and the rebuilding of the country could take place.
To bad humans never learn isn't it.

In fact, this WHOLE deal would have never happend if the U.S. jus STOPS interfering with others...
Incorrect sadly, hatred doesn't just go away with the snap of fingers and several of these terrorist groups have already proven themselves to be abusive and untrustworthy. They'd keep coming as long as they think they can get something out of a target that won't fight back or their "god" keeps telling them to. The US "interference" is reletively minor in comparison to what they've done to each other. But I guess doing things like preventing genocide is considered interference in some peoples books.

I'm movin' OUT of the United States as SOON as virtually possible and goin' to live in Canada where my cousins and my people, and where the educated Eurpean society lurks. I'm movin' outta this place man...
Sorry to break it to you, but Canada isn't much better then the US, we're just more...patient about some things. But for the most part its the 'You leave me alone, I leave you alone' un-written rule. It works ok most of the time, but doesn't do much for cultural sharing or acting as a united country rather then a pile of different special interest groups.
Unfortunately the un-written rule thats supposed to work doesn't all the time and clashes do happen, often between gangs of overly hormonal youths. I've had so many bad experiences with young people of Arab decent that I can't help but be wary and biased about them now, much to my own loss. I just stick to the rule and go about my life as best I can.

why people JUST can't get a long...I don't see any reason, EACH live in your land, and make sure you don't bother anyone else...it's that easy...but things like personal interest, selfishness, and greed that makes countries fight...
...EACH and every country is guilty of commiting acts solely for its interest...and that's not the way it should be...but it is...and I can't stand it...and it's not gonna go away
Yup, thats pretty much it, you've got the entire plain digusting picture right in front of you down its basic core, stripped of nationality, religion, and personality. Welcome to the human race.

No, if you've been listening to me, Gizmo, or Multani, you'd know by now that the U.S. IS the one starting all the wars...
So I guess the US got Saddam Hussein to invade Kuwait so that when Kuwait went screaming to the U.N. for help they could step in and wipe out Iraq, the US was the cause of the entire Afgan civil war after the Russians left, and the US was really the group that got Slobodan Milosovich to massacre tens of thousands of Muslim civies just so they could go in and kick his ass too.
The middle east the surrounding area has been fighting with itself and wiping each other out since long before the US was even formed, the last time the area was united was during the reign of the Ottoman empire. But as you said, you're allowed to do whatever you want to each other, as long as no one else comes in to play regardless of how brutal and unjust things are over there.
The US is far from innocent, but they're also alot less guilty then so many people make them out to be while turning the other cheek to everything else.

In the past 20 years, the U.S. wars and issues have been mostly against colored-people...a VERY interesting fact...
Lets see, the last 20 years, since 1982 huh. Since just about every war the US has been involved in since then has been in the middle east it kinda makes sense that they would be fighting against, as you say, "colored-people". Though its honestly hard to tell sometimes what exactly a "colored-person" is since so many people look so much the same.

TELL me, WHY did he Arabs attack the U.S.!? Not Australia...Not Germany? Not any of these other "civilized" societies? Why was the U.S. singled out...
Because when you fight against a lion you try to chop off its head, not its tail.
Though strangely enough Arabs have been attacking the Phillipines for the last 5 years or so even though its not part of the middle east and has never been an Arab or Muslim country.

...and I was watchin' MTV
Sorry, but the day MTV is useful for anything besides showing how naked Britenay Spears is getting or how much of an idiot Tom Green is, will be the day I eat my keyboard.

Additionally, the U.S. is not messing around with others because those others are either ALLIES of the U.S., or they obey the U.S from fear.
Well, thats the nice thing about allies, allies work together for the common good. Though the fear thing is somewhat silly considering countries like China and North Korea which don't give a rat's ass about what the US thinks or says for the most part and certainly aren't afraid of them. Yet the US isn't going on a bombing bender with them.

People died, and 12-year olds are left alone to feel to Pakistan and WORK (!) for a living...[Confirmed by Aljazeera, Spiderman]
This is hardly the US' fault since its been happening for years because of the Taliban rulers. The only difference now is that its on the front page of the news to make people get their emotional spikes going.
Incidentally I've been working since I was 13 so I don't see whats so bad about the idea of having to work at a young age. The only thing bad about it is that they have little choice in the matter where as I did.

The food resources were destroyed...oh, but the U.S. offered it's own food...(wtf!)
Plain and simple stupidity blended with a touch of bad aim make for a deadly cocktail. Though even the US military freely admits that their smartest smart bombs are only about 85% effective overall and cluster bombs are far far worse.

There's possibly another attack in few days...", the U.S. declares...
Yeah...can you confirm it?
"Yes..."
Tell us one resource?
"Um...we don't...um...really know...but...hey...it's better to be safe than sorry..."
The sources was actually a cell-phone transmition intercept here in Canada that the RCMP notified the FBI of. And oh yes, the US government admited it on CNN.

They're also lookin' to "bring Iraq to justice"
This is from to many idiot commanders with bruised egos from the Gulf War and not getting Sadam Hussein out of power. No one will condone the US going after Iraq again and the coalition would fall apart.

I'm beginning to become a racist...
Racism can only be countered by the loss of ignorance and the gaining of tolerence and education of all the worlds "truths".

Daggertooth said:
Well who needs to have the dead comfirmed? We droped bombs with the intent to kill, I'd assume our aim is good enough to kill at least somone.
Who even needs aim, this is a war after all and in all wars innocent people always die. If it wasn't like this then war wouldn't be scary. Just don't join the military and you'll be safe forever. Sorry, but if war ever became so neat and tidy, then I would truely be terrified.

Duke said:
College students are so much more mature than adults...
Heh, I know alot of college and university students, I was one myself before graduating. The only description that I've ever heard to describe college life was that its like being a little kid again back in elementary school. All you have to do is go to classes and pass and everything else is pretty much taken care of for you. College students have all sorts of charming and sometimes radical ideas, but then they graduate and discover that all that freedom and openess of college life doesn't cut it in the real world where the only thing out there for you is yourself and you have to work your butt off to get anywhere. Lots of college students are enlightened to some degree, but then reality smacks them upside the head and enlightenment gets pretty much flushed in the majority of them.

unlike this time...you'll be able to justify it...because yes, it is justifable...
Sorry, but NOTHING justifies the brutal massacre of 5000+ civies regardless of who is doing it or where its happening, and nothing EVER will.

understand the future, because another attack, and another, and another, and another will happen...and when they do, please, at least ask yourself "why did it happen?"
And another and another until the US just stops playing games and fights back with the same level of morality, kicks every Arab out of the US and never lets one back in while commencing long range bombardments of Arab nations with the brutal and single goal of wiping out the entire race. That would be the final brutal solution and the pleasant annihilation of the human race.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POINTING THAT OUT! WHY do you think it has been only from the Middle East? Is it just blind hate that they have against the American society? Or are they just a group of people who dislike civilization and technology? Or is it that they're Muslims and you're not, and they just have such extream hate for you? Why do you think...please answer me, I'm beginning to think that you actually KNOW the cause and effect, therefore I will resume on conversing. Just tell me, calmly, why do you think the Middle East has so much hatred for the U.S.? Tell me what you think...
Anybody who can answer that question is passionatly urged to do so...
Observe my first reply to Daggertooth. The US is the crown jewel of everything they failed to achieve when they tried and now they want nothing to do with it which includes trying to kick it out of the middle east all together. That way their humility can be turned into an error that has been corrected and had punishment given out for it. You chop off the hand of a thief, stone an adultress or hang her, why not try to wipe out a country that "led you a-stray." It makes perfect sense in their chain of wronging and punishment. All the little underlying causes all sit under this little tent. Burn up the causes and the tent goes with it. To them its problem solved.

The fact is, it HAS been confirmed, by Aljazeera.
Something you have to realize is that not everyone has access to Al Jazeera, you and I may be the only two that do. So when you don't have access to something you can hardly go by it without seeing the reports for yourself. CNN has also been confirming all these deaths, its not like its a big secret with a giant cover-up. Everyone knows whats going on and whats happening, the only difference is the numbers reported by each side and station.
I believe Spidey was reffering to the fact that western media has been banned from entering the country except in northern alliance controlled areas.

They showed horrible pictures of dead kids, men almost crying for their lost wives,
hmm, sounds like a show I saw on CNN around September, 11. How horrible that things get put into re-run so often, its not even summer yet.

I'm not gonna "admit" I'm wrong, because I've spent too many hours working, reading, and studying about all this information I'm trying to share with you. I know I'm not wrong because I've wasted so much time reading my history...I don't expect anyone to admit he's "wrong" because one should always, always, always think before assuming the dangerous sign of language..
When you're driving down a road to a town, and that town is to the left but you turn right. No matter how long you insist on driving you will never reach your destination untill you go back and re-evaluate possible errors along your route. Time is irrelevant to the search for the real truth.

Zadok001 said:
Everyone is to blame. No one is perfect. No one can be trusted 100%. DUke, your sources are likely wrong. Apollo, your sources are likely wrong. Spidey, your sources are likely wrong. Zadok, your sources are likely wrong.
Woohoo! Give that man a frothy cold rootbeer.

Duke said:
Funny how when they are asked to leave
I don't remember the Saudi royal family doing that, though I miss enough broadcasts its easy enough for me to miss it. Is there a link to a news report somewhere you can give? Last I heard the Saudi Arabian government wanted the US there to keep Iraq out of their hair.

I really disagree when it comes to Aljazeera, for I've watched that channel forever, and eveything they say is wise, right to the point, and truthful. I've watched for more than 5 years...I don't think they'll be untruthful about this or any issue,
You mean besides the bit about all the Israli/Jewish workers being away from the WTC on 9/11.
I've watched CNN and CTV for almost 10 years and everything they've always told me has been truthful and honest, so what makes them suddenly all wrong now and another group all right. A-J is no more truthful or errant then CNN. Its just simple personal bias, end of story.

because like I said, lying, in the Middle East and the Arab world, is a BIG no-no-no-no. It's a sin...
Strange, I thought slaughtering innocent civies, theft, and violence were sins too in Islam, though there are some Muslims that don't seem to have any problem with those sins and the Taliban has already proven quite comfortable with lying as they did so after 9/11 when they totally denied the Bin Laden was even in the country anymore.

Additionally, I do not comprehend this "off-centre" thing.
Yeah, me neither... :eek:

D

Daggertooth

I think I got that "off Center" thing. But correct me if I'm a bit...off. :p

Okay, we have a bullseye. The center is the opinion of the majority of this page. Since nobody has the exact same idea lets assume there is no center but more of a circumfrance around the center. Well, the more different Oppinions are, the farther from the center it is. And everyone always notices, and posibly argues(?), with the ones outside of the norm. I mean I do tend to notice the people with orange and green hair.....Especialy bright red. But anyway, Duke seems to be the most contrasting Idea, therefor his is the most noticed. otherwise the next one would be. And thats the one most redily argued with. It has nothing to do with who's ideas are correct.

At least I think thats what is ment.

This talk of everyone trying to show that he's winning reminds me of the war between Egypt and the Hitites. After much fighting they both dicided to call it a draw and left, but both history records they left behind showed that they one. Funny how history repeats itself. And I'd hate to see this turn into another "Rome against Carthage" Type thing.

Chaos Turtle: Those Pamphlets are most likly propaganda explaining the US oppinion on why the bombing is beneficial to the common citizen of Afganistan. It is part of our military campaign. Disrest in a community, weather it be over truth or falsified truth, still benefits the invader.

This sustained bombing is not a bad strategy in the war. Sure most if not all targets are now destroyed. So what? The bombing still causes fear, perhaps not fear of dieing, but fear of being taken out of battle before given the chance to fight. It also has a strong Demoralizing effect. Not to mention it makes it harder for the enemy military to strengthen itself. I'm just wondering when we're going to send in ground units.

Ah and Duke, Which side are you on? Taliban or Northern Aliance? Just a question.

Daggertooth

M

MrXarvox

<applause for Ura>

well said.

<edit: Daggertooth, U.S. ground units are already being sent in, although the Taliban forces are not doing badly against them. So far, they have accomplished very little.>

D

DÛke

Good job Ura. Seriously. :) Another person I agree with. How closed-minded am I...my oh my. Just one thing, lying in the Arab world IS a sin. It's just one of many...which includes the ones you listed, of course...

Daggertooth, I'm not with the Afganistani gorvernment. Period. I'm not with any one side. According to my studies Taliban and bin Ladin are the creation of the United States. I dislike them all. I think bin Ladin and his crew should be brought to justice, in a just manner. What is happeing is that the bombings are stiring hatred in the hearts of many, and those people will become new-generation terrorists. If it's dealt with justice, than I wouldn't be talking at all. In fact, I do want the U.S. to bomb and whatever, I just dislike it whole-heartedly when the innocent dies. Additionally, I know so many people from all over the world, and it's hard thinking that they just maybe next on the U.S. bomb list. I wouldn't be so stirred if the innocent had not died, but like Ura said, the fact is, innocent people always die in the course of war...and it's hard preventing that, however, it's not easy satisfying me. I have to worry everyday about my relatives and friends from all over the world, until this deal stops...

C

Chaos Turtle

Ura, you have done what I have wanted to all this time, had I not lacked your patience and clarity of thought. The whole issue to me is so confusing and clouded that I have all but given up trying to make sense of it, and am at a loss to coherently explain my thoughts on the subject, lest I come across as disjointedly and hostilely as some others have.

Daggertooth, I was referring to a CNN report about the carpet-bombing, which reported further that leaflet drops were resuming, but with different information on them. According to the report, the new leaflets explain to the Afghan people how to avoid blowing themselves up by opening "food rations" that turn out to be unexploded bombs.

The irony did not escape me, hence my sadly amused reaction.

No doubt that there is more propaganda on the way, of course. From both sides, naturally.

D

Daggertooth

.......I see, It just seemed that you were starting to side with the terrorists. Not that thats a bad thing mind you....They had their reasons and have much simpathy from many. Perhaps I should have stated that question more clearly. Afterall, you can agree with a side without siding with them.

Oh, and I hadn't heard the reports on these new "pamphlets".

Daggertooth

G

Gizmo

Personally I think Duke is going way too far now.

I certainly dont remember saying ANYTHING like 'the US is starting all the wars'. Off the top of my head I cant thing of a single one that the US started, they have a tendency to decide who they want to win, when one starts, and that can exacerbate a problem, but they dont often start one.

I'm personally going to continue to point my finger at the hardline mass-murdering war criminal Ariel Sharon, and at the US government`s mindless willingness to follow him every step of the way into hell. I dont feel the Israeli people are blameless seeing as their country was set on a path to peace - with a peacemaking president - who they voted out of office in favour of a warmongering right-winger in a landslide election.

D

Daggertooth

I still can't believe he got 60% of the vote. with his tainted past I wouldn't have thought he could have even been considered.

Although my knowlege on how much The US supports him is very limited. I'll try to find more info.

Daggertooth