Chaos Pure and Simple-Invite only

• Thread starter Budget Player Cadet
  • Start date
M

Modus Pwnens

No, it lets you play the spell with madness during the resolution of the triggered madness ability.

This is what happens:

I discard the Wurm to pay the cost for Mongrel's activated ability, and remove the Wurm from the game instead of putting it into my graveyard. At this time, the madness ability triggers.
When (or while) this trigger resolves, I pay 2G and play the wurm (so it goes on the stack, as it normally would), and when it resolves, it simply enters play (it's played as a normal spell, just at a different time)

Madness doesn't grant flash to a card, it simply allows you to remove it from the game instead of discarding it, and then gives me the choice of playing it for it's madness cost, or putting it in my graveyard.

It really is played during the resolution of the triggered ability (compare it with Isochron Scepter, The hideaway lands from lorwyn, etc)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Sorry about all the confusion.... I forgot Teferi takes away intants from opponents...... ugh.....

BTW - WOG, response Pact of Negation

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
rokapoke said:
Hey, you're the one attacking me all of a sudden :)

So I take it from everyone's reaction to my Wrath that no one has any responses to the Pact? :) (and I guess Ransac gets to draw 1 for it).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Right then.

Volrath's Stronghold
Abyssal Gatekeeper (not paying 1)

Done

Rokapoke: 28
Hand: 4
Library: 36
In play:

(TTTTTU) Plains x6

Dragon Scales (Enchanted creature gets +1/+2 and attacking doesn't cause it to tap. When a creature with converted mana cost 6 or more comes into play, you may return ~ from your graveyard to play enchanting that creature.)

(U) Soulcatcher (1/1; BIRD SOLDIER; Flying. Whenever a creature with flying is put into a graveyard from play, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.)
(U) Soulcatcher (2/3; BIRD SOLDIER; Vigilance. Flying. Whenever a creature with flying is put into a graveyard from play, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.) * Scaly *
(S) Commander Eesha (2/4; LEGENDARY BIRD SOLDIER; Flying, protection from creatures.)

Graveyard: Soulcatcher's Aerie, Suntail Hawk, Dragon Scales, Battle Screech, Plains, Plains, Plains, Plains, Plains, Plains
RFG: Battle Screech, Suntail Hawk
-------------------------------------------------
Spiderman: 19
Hand: 3
Library: 37
In play:

(T) Scrubland
(T) Bayou
(T,T) Savannah x2
(T) Plains
(T) Nantuko Monastery (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. Threshold - GW: ~ becomes a 4/4 green and white creature with first strike ueot. It's still a land)
(T) Volrath's Stronghold (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 1B, T: Put target creature card from my graveyard on top of my library)

(S) Abyssal Gatekeeper (1/1, When ~ is put into a graveyard form play, each player sacs a creature)

Graveyard: Treetop Village, Swamp, Recurring Nightmare, Swamp, Forest, Pernicious Deed, Scrubland, Swords to Plowshares, Gaea's Blessing, Vindicate, Wrath of God
RFG:
Ransac: 47
Hand: 4 (6)
Library: 27 (25)
In play:

(TT) Tropical Island (T:U/G)
(T) Savannah (T:G/W)
(T) Tundra (T: U/W)
(T) Plains
(T) Mishra's Factory (T: Add 1 to your mana pool. 1: Mishra's Factory becomes a 2/2 Assembly-Worker artifact creature until end of turn. It's still a land. T: Target Assembly-Worker creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)

Rhystic Study (Whenever an opponent plays a spell, you may draw a card unless that player pays 1)

(U) Crystalline Sliver (2/2, all slivers have shroud)

Graveyard: Remand, Crystalline Sliver, Gemhide Sliver, Winged Sliver, Rhystic Study, Swords to Plowshares, Wrath of God, Savannah, Tundra, Savannah, Tundra, Tropical Island, Tropical Island, Faerie Conclave, Island, Tundra, Savannah, Island, Essence Sliver, Temple Garden, Swords to Plowshares, Pulmonic Sliver
RFG: Time Spiral
Modus Pwnens: 19
Hand: 7
Library: 38
In play:

(U) Grove of the Burnwillows (T: 1, T: G/R, all opponents gain 1 life)
(T, U) Forest
(T) Mountain
(T) Stomping Ground (T: G/R)

(T) Wild Mongrel (2/2, discard a card: ~ gets +1/+1 and becomes the color of my choice ueot)
(S) Arrogant Wurm (4/4; Trample)

Graveyard: Forgotten Ancient, Reverent Silence, Lightning Axe, Healing Leaves, Healing Leaves, Forest, Mountain, Kavu Predator
RFG: Seize the Day, Kavu Predator, Arrogant Wurm
Mooseman: 20
Hand: 1
Library: 34
In play:

(TTTTTT) Island x6

(U) Sensei's Divining Top (1: Look at the top three cards of your library, then put them back in any order.
T: Draw a card, then put Sensei's Divining Top on top of its owner's library.)

(U) Willbender (1/2, Morph 1U When Willbender is turned face up, change the target of target spell or ability with a single target.)
(U) Spire Golem (2/4,Affinity for Islands. Flying)
(U) Venser, Shaper Savant (2/2,Flash When Venser, Shaper Savant comes into play, return target spell or permanent to its owner's hand.)
(S) Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir (3/4,Flash Creature cards you own that aren't in play have flash. Each opponent can play spells only any time he or she could play a sorcery.)

Graveyard: Willbender, Upheaval, Island, Island, Island, Island, Spire Golem, Shimmering Glasskite, Scalpelexis, Dewdrop Spy, FOW, Pact of Negation
RFG:Erayo Soratami Ascendant/Erayo's Essence

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Draw my cards. Untap, upkeep, draw, Let's try this again. Wrath of God. Response?

In play:

(TTTTTU) Plains x6

Dragon Scales (Enchanted creature gets +1/+2 and attacking doesn't cause it to tap. When a creature with converted mana cost 6 or more comes into play, you may return ~ from your graveyard to play enchanting that creature.)

(U) Soulcatcher (1/1; BIRD SOLDIER; Flying. Whenever a creature with flying is put into a graveyard from play, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.)
(U) Soulcatcher (2/3; BIRD SOLDIER; Vigilance. Flying. Whenever a creature with flying is put into a graveyard from play, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.) * Scaly *
(S) Commander Eesha (2/4; LEGENDARY BIRD SOLDIER; Flying, protection from creatures.)

Graveyard: Soulcatcher's Aerie, Suntail Hawk, Dragon Scales, Battle Screech, Plains, Plains, Plains, Plains, Plains, Plains
In play:

(T) Scrubland
(T) Bayou
(T,T) Savannah x2
(T) Plains
(T) Nantuko Monastery (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. Threshold - GW: ~ becomes a 4/4 green and white creature with first strike ueot. It's still a land)
(T) Volrath's Stronghold (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 1B, T: Put target creature card from my graveyard on top of my library)

(S) Abyssal Gatekeeper (1/1, When ~ is put into a graveyard form play, each player sacs a creature)

Graveyard: Treetop Village, Swamp, Recurring Nightmare, Swamp, Forest, Pernicious Deed, Scrubland, Swords to Plowshares, Gaea's Blessing, Vindicate, Wrath of God
RFG:
Hand: 6
Library: 24
In play:

(U) Savannah (T:G/W)
(U) Tundra (T: U/W)
(T) Plains
(T) Mishra's Factory (T: Add 1 to your mana pool. 1: Mishra's Factory becomes a 2/2 Assembly-Worker artifact creature until end of turn. It's still a land. T: Target Assembly-Worker creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)

Rhystic Study (Whenever an opponent plays a spell, you may draw a card unless that player pays 1)

(U) Crystalline Sliver (2/2, all slivers have shroud)

Graveyard: Remand, Crystalline Sliver, Gemhide Sliver, Winged Sliver, Rhystic Study, Swords to Plowshares, Wrath of God, Savannah, Tundra, Savannah, Tundra, Tropical Island, Tropical Island, Faerie Conclave, Island, Tundra, Savannah, Island, Essence Sliver, Temple Garden, Swords to Plowshares, Pulmonic Sliver, Wrath of God
In play:

(T, U) Forest
(T) Mountain

(T) Wild Mongrel (2/2, discard a card: ~ gets +1/+1 and becomes the color of my choice ueot)
(S) Arrogant Wurm (4/4; Trample)

Graveyard: Forgotten Ancient, Reverent Silence, Lightning Axe, Healing Leaves, Healing Leaves, Forest, Mountain, Kavu Predator
In play:

(TTTTTT) Island x6

(U) Sensei's Divining Top (1: Look at the top three cards of your library, then put them back in any order.

(U) Willbender (1/2, Morph 1U When Willbender is turned face up, change the target of target spell or ability with a single target.)
(U) Spire Golem (2/4,Affinity for Islands. Flying)
(U) Venser, Shaper Savant (2/2,Flash When Venser, Shaper Savant comes into play, return target spell or permanent to its owner's hand.)
(S) Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir (3/4,Flash Creature cards you own that aren't in play have flash. Each opponent can play spells only any time he or she could play a sorcery.)

Graveyard: Willbender, Upheaval, Island, Island, Island, Island, Spire Golem, Shimmering Glasskite, Scalpelexis, Dewdrop Spy, FOW, Pact of Negation

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I knew you'd love that, Spidey. I was a little disappointed when you Wrathed last turn. But if you hadn't, then mine would have DEFINITELY been countered.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I was disappointed.... because I wanted to blow up the beasties into tiny bits....

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Modus Pwnens

*Modus Pwnens runs around confused about who to punch in the face now, and forgets to respond*

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Well, since MM is the only one who has the ability to counter, I'll continue with the board clearing.

Okay, that's done. Winged Sliver. Done.

In play:

(TTTTTU) Plains x6

Graveyard: Soulcatcher's Aerie, Suntail Hawk, Dragon Scales, Battle Screech, Plains, Plains, Plains, Plains, Plains, Plains, Dragon Scales, Soulcatcher, Soulcatcher, Commander Eesa
In play:

(T) Scrubland
(T) Bayou
(T,T) Savannah x2
(T) Plains

Graveyard: Treetop Village, Swamp, Recurring Nightmare, Swamp, Forest, Pernicious Deed, Scrubland, Swords to Plowshares, Gaea's Blessing, Vindicate, Wrath of God, Abyssal Gatekeeper
RFG:
In play:

(T) Plains

(S) Winged Sliver (1/1, all slivers have flying)

Graveyard: Remand, Crystalline Sliver, Gemhide Sliver, Winged Sliver, Rhystic Study, Swords to Plowshares, Wrath of God, Savannah, Tundra, Savannah, Tundra, Tropical Island, Tropical Island, Faerie Conclave, Island, Tundra, Savannah, Island, Essence Sliver, Temple Garden, Swords to Plowshares, Pulmonic Sliver, Wrath of God, Crystalline Sliver
In play:

(T, U) Forest
(T) Mountain

Graveyard: Forgotten Ancient, Reverent Silence, Lightning Axe, Healing Leaves, Healing Leaves, Forest, Mountain, Kavu Predator, Wild Mongrel, Arrogant Wurm
In play:

(TTTTTT) Island x6

Graveyard: Willbender, Upheaval, Island, Island, Island, Island, Spire Golem, Shimmering Glasskite, Scalpelexis, Dewdrop Spy, FOW, Pact of Negation, Willbender, Spire Golem, Venser, Shaper Savant, Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Modus Pwnens

Untap, upkeep, draw.

Mountain, new wild mongrel.
Now stop killing them!

Done.

In play:

(TTTTTU) Plains x6

Graveyard: Soulcatcher's Aerie, Suntail Hawk, Dragon Scales, Battle Screech, Plains, Plains, Plains, Plains, Plains, Plains, Dragon Scales, Soulcatcher, Soulcatcher, Commander Eesa
In play:

(T) Scrubland
(T) Bayou
(T,T) Savannah x2
(T) Plains

Graveyard: Treetop Village, Swamp, Recurring Nightmare, Swamp, Forest, Pernicious Deed, Scrubland, Swords to Plowshares, Gaea's Blessing, Vindicate, Wrath of God, Abyssal Gatekeeper
RFG:
In play:

(T) Plains

Graveyard: Remand, Crystalline Sliver, Gemhide Sliver, Winged Sliver, Rhystic Study, Swords to Plowshares, Wrath of God, Savannah, Tundra, Savannah, Tundra, Tropical Island, Tropical Island, Faerie Conclave, Island, Tundra, Savannah, Island, Essence Sliver, Temple Garden, Swords to Plowshares, Pulmonic Sliver, Wrath of God, Crystalline Sliver
In play:

(T, U) Forest
(T, U) Mountain

(S) Wild Mongrel (2/2, discard a card: ~ get's +1/+1 and becomes the color of your choice until end of turn)

Graveyard: Forgotten Ancient, Reverent Silence, Lightning Axe, Healing Leaves, Healing Leaves, Forest, Mountain, Kavu Predator, Wild Mongrel, Arrogant Wurm
In play:

(TTTTTT) Island x6

Graveyard: Willbender, Upheaval, Island, Island, Island, Island, Spire Golem, Shimmering Glasskite, Scalpelexis, Dewdrop Spy, FOW, Pact of Negation, Willbender, Spire Golem, Venser, Shaper Savant, Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well that was some ugly turn.....
Untap, upkeep pay 3UU, draw.
Island
Done.

In play:

(TTTTTU) Plains x6

In play:

(T) Scrubland
(T) Bayou
(T,T) Savannah x2
(T) Plains

RFG:
In play:

(T) Plains

In play:

(T, U) Forest
(T, U) Mountain

(S) Wild Mongrel (2/2, discard a card: ~ get's +1/+1 and becomes the color of your choice until end of turn)

Library: 33
In play:

(UUTTTT) Island x7

R

rokapoke

Untap, upkeep, draw.
Suntail Hawk, paying 1.
Soulcatcher, paying 1.
Done.

Library: 35
In play:

(TTTTTU) Plains x6

(S) Suntail Hawk (1/1; BIRD; Flying.)
(S) Soulcatcher (1/1; BIRD SOLDIER; Flying. Whenever a creature with flying is put into a graveyard from play, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.)

Graveyard: Soulcatcher's Aerie, Suntail Hawk, Dragon Scales, Battle Screech, Plains, Plains, Plains, Plains, Plains, Plains, Dragon Scales, Soulcatcher, Soulcatcher, Commander Eesha
In play:

(T) Scrubland
(T) Bayou
(T,T) Savannah x2
(T) Plains

RFG:
In play:

(T) Plains

In play:

(T, U) Forest
(T, U) Mountain

In play:

(UUTTTT) Island x7

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Blastoderm, paying 1

Done

Library: 35
In play:

(TTTTTU) Plains x6

(S) Suntail Hawk (1/1; BIRD; Flying.)
(S) Soulcatcher (1/1; BIRD SOLDIER; Flying. Whenever a creature with flying is put into a graveyard from play, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.)

Graveyard: Soulcatcher's Aerie, Suntail Hawk, Dragon Scales, Battle Screech, Plains, Plains, Plains, Plains, Plains, Plains, Dragon Scales, Soulcatcher, Soulcatcher, Commander Eesha
In play:

(U) Scrubland
(U) Bayou
(T,T) Savannah x2
(T) Plains

(S) Blastoderm (5/5, Shroud, fading 3) *3 fade ctrs*

RFG:
In play:

(T) Plains

In play:

(T, U) Forest
(T, U) Mountain

In play:

(UUTTTT) Island x7