Casual Card Hall of Fame Discussion

Discussion in 'General CPA Stuff' started by Spiderman, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Oversoul The Tentacled One

What I'm trying to say is...

...Hey, Killer Joe is a tournament player. Let's get him!

Tag Guard
  2. Killer Joe Active Member

Truely, I have played in a recent Sealed PTQ a few months b ack and boy, do I STINK! I played all 7 rounds and was sitting in the last table at the end and got chumped by someone better :rolleyes:
  3. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

So what we have is a committee that sees casual differently then the nominators. Well, that's OK.
  4. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

My reasoning behind Celestial Convergence as the top choice:

5. Limited Yes, but we won't care

That's pretty obvious :p

Kinda disappointed with the pick, but my love of squirrels is a big part of that.
  6. Ransac CPA Trash Man

I thought I had sent a reply to Spidey, but apparently I was wrong.

But, Convergence, with a different Alternate win condition (that almost never happens), gets the nod from me as well.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Then it's unanimous! :)
  8. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I posted Ransac's main reason in the Hall of Fame thread and mine is that I like the life bid aspect.
  9. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

I'm not so sure that the life bid is so unpredictable. Game state and life totals would have a huge affect on the bidding.
    But, this does seem to be a very casual card. It screams, "build a deck around me."

Edited: Oh, yeah....... Mindslaver.......
  10. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Well, I didn't really take any card interactions into account, just based the card on its own merit. Life bidding for this one seemed "novel" enough and let it stand out from the others.

Dueling Grounds was a close second for the committee though.
  11. Melkor Active Member

Didn't seem like there were a lot of great options in this set. It basically came down to either Skyship Weatherlight, or Shifting Sky, and I felt that there were already too many cards that did something similar to the Skyship, and that Shifting Sky offered up something unique and allowed you to make certain decks that you might not have been able to before.
  12. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

I realize that a lot of people are pretty down on this set, however, this set is a key element in one of my "nasty" decks. I used to use the skyship in it a lot, however, it evolved away from that. The main powerbase of this set seems to focus on the couple of decent artifacts, and the global enchantment options that it offers!
  13. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Who voted for what in Planeshift?
  14. Ransac CPA Trash Man

I was the minority of the group and liked Skyship the best; however, I did put Shifting Sky as my close second and had no problem with the rest of the group's decision to vote for it.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  15. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Nominations for Apocalypse Casual Card:
    Don't bag it yet Spidey. I don't know how I missed this last week.
    We, the denizens of this board promise to nominate cards for the rest of the sets.... :D
  16. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I know, but even with you, it would only be four nominees...
  17. Killer Joe Active Member

Dang! I wanted to vote for Jilt :(

I love this card; bounce and burn!!!!!!
  18. TomB Administrative Assistant

I thought Brass Herald was a good choice, even if we didn't have very many nominations...:)
  19. Ransac CPA Trash Man

I'd like to state that while Brass Herald was the best choice of the nominees, I was sorely disappointed at the lack of nominations.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  20. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Woo-hoo! Mine won! :)

But I agree and I'm not even on the committee. C'mon people, nominate!