Casual Card Hall of Fame Discussion

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Killer Joe said:
Not sure what you're trying to say, are you saying that I am implying someone is ignorant or is ignorant if they're not familiar with PTQ's?
What I'm trying to say is...

...Hey, Killer Joe is a tournament player. Let's get him!

Tag Guard

Killer Joe

Truely, I have played in a recent Sealed PTQ a few months b ack and boy, do I STINK! I played all 7 rounds and was sitting in the last table at the end and got chumped by someone better :rolleyes:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My reasoning behind Celestial Convergence as the top choice:

I guess my top choice would be Celestial Convergence, because it's an "alternate" way of winning although your opponent(s) get 7 turns to try to get rid of it.

Spore Frog is "casual", but not very Hall of Fame-ish.

The Avatars are pretty cool and Hall of Fame-ish, but there's a cycle of them and I think CC beats them this round. If they were the only ones nominated, they'd be my top choice.

Squirrel Wrangler is okay but again, CC beats it out.

L

Limited

Spiderman quoting Spiderman said:
If they were the only ones nominated, they'd be my top choice.
That's pretty obvious :p

Kinda disappointed with the pick, but my love of squirrels is a big part of that.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I thought I had sent a reply to Spidey, but apparently I was wrong.

But, Convergence, with a different Alternate win condition (that almost never happens), gets the nod from me as well.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I posted Ransac's main reason in the Hall of Fame thread and mine is that I like the life bid aspect.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Spiderman said:
I posted Ransac's main reason in the Hall of Fame thread and mine is that I like the life bid aspect.
I'm not so sure that the life bid is so unpredictable. Game state and life totals would have a huge affect on the bidding.
But, this does seem to be a very casual card. It screams, "build a deck around me."

Edited: Oh, yeah....... Mindslaver.......

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I didn't really take any card interactions into account, just based the card on its own merit. Life bidding for this one seemed "novel" enough and let it stand out from the others.

Dueling Grounds was a close second for the committee though.

Melkor

Didn't seem like there were a lot of great options in this set. It basically came down to either Skyship Weatherlight, or Shifting Sky, and I felt that there were already too many cards that did something similar to the Skyship, and that Shifting Sky offered up something unique and allowed you to make certain decks that you might not have been able to before.

D

DarthFerret

I realize that a lot of people are pretty down on this set, however, this set is a key element in one of my "nasty" decks. I used to use the skyship in it a lot, however, it evolved away from that. The main powerbase of this set seems to focus on the couple of decent artifacts, and the global enchantment options that it offers!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I was the minority of the group and liked Skyship the best; however, I did put Shifting Sky as my close second and had no problem with the rest of the group's decision to vote for it.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Nominations for Apocalypse Casual Card:
Don't bag it yet Spidey. I don't know how I missed this last week.
We, the denizens of this board promise to nominate cards for the rest of the sets.... :D

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I thought Brass Herald was a good choice, even if we didn't have very many nominations...:)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'd like to state that while Brass Herald was the best choice of the nominees, I was sorely disappointed at the lack of nominations.

Ransac, cpa trash man